What’s Up With Room 322 at Hotel ZaZa?

Hotel ZaZa is a stylish inn located in Houston, Texas. While the hotel is known for its luxurious suites, a recent post on Reddit revealed the existence of the mysterious “Room 322”. This room it is not advertised on the hotel’s website and, in short, is the definition of creepy. This is what the Redditor posted:

stay here frequently when on business. Hotel was booked solid and my colleague managed to score a room unplanned. We all had normal zaza style rooms (swank) and he ended up in this goth dungeon closet.

Seriously- the room had a chain holding the bed to wall, pictures of skulls and a creepy, incongruous portrait of an old man. Room was about 1/3 the normal size with the furniture blocking part of the TV, bed and window.

We asked about it at the front desk and the clerk looked it up and said ” that room isn’t supposed to be rented.’ and immediately moved him.
– Source: Reddit

Here are pics of the room, each of which kind of raises concerns about what actually happens there.

The floor is hard, dirty concrete, unlike any other room in the hotel.

Unlike any other room in the hotel, the floor is cold, hard, dirty concrete,

The room is about a third of the size of other rooms in the hotel. The mirror is embedded in the brick wall, leading some Redditors to think that it is actually a two-way mirror...

The room is about a third of the size of other rooms in the hotel and is the only one with brick walls. The mirror is embedded in the brick wall, leading some to believe that it is actually a two-way mirror…

The bed is chained to the wall. Why?

The bed is chained to the wall. Why?

Skull frame on the wall. Rather appropriate since 322 is the Skull and Bones' sacred number.

Skull frame on the wall. Rather appropriate since 322 is the Skull and Bones’ sacred number.

Skull clock

Skull clock

Those that are aware of the occult elite’s symbolism know that 322 is the “sacred” number of the Skull & Bones secret society (to which belong the likes of George W. Bush, George Bush Sr. and John Kerry).

Official Skull and Bones logo prominently featuring the number 322.

Official Skull and Bones logo prominently featuring the number 322.

A very creepy painting above the bed depicting two girls with dead eyes and deformed, elongated necks. Does this image represent split personalities?

Another creepy image above the bed of a guy with huge eyes. Does this represent an all-seeing handler?

Another creepy image above the bed of a guy with huge eyes. He doesn’t look nice at all.

Overseeing the room is the picture of a man. According to some, it is Jay Comeaux, President at Stanford Group Company. Why is this random elite guy on the wall? WHY??

Overseeing the room is the picture of a suited man. Appaerently, it is Jay Comeaux, President of Stanford Group Company. Why is this random elite guy on the wall? Does he have something to do with the Skull and Bones?

This looks like the perfect place to traumatize someone.

This looks like the perfect place to traumatize someone.

When the story came out, people from the hotel’s PR responded that room 322 was a theme room entitled “Hard Times” and was meant to recreate a “prison experience”. This room is however not advertised anywhere and, as some people noted, there is nothing in that room that really recalls a “prison experience”. Do jail cells have huge mirrors, brick walls and frames of skulls, weird deformed faces and company CEOs on walls? Not really.

Another strange fact, a year before this story came out, a book author posted on her blog a little something about room 322 as well. This is what she wrote about it:

“When I checked into Houston’s Hotel ZaZa at midnight on Thursday night, there was some confusion. My first room was a themed room, known as the Hard Times room; this skull was on the wall. A few minutes after I got there, the front desk called up and said they had to move me; the people at the front desk were deeply upset at the thought of me being stuck in this room.”
– Source: Pop Culture Nerd

Apparently, hotel staff do not want everyday visitors to stay in that room. Is this room called “Hard Times” because it is used for occult elite trauma-inducing rituals? Cannot say for sure, but this is definitely a sinister site.

529 Comments on "What’s Up With Room 322 at Hotel ZaZa?"

casey

I know I'm late to comment on this article but this is the first time I've seen it. Don't know if anyone will see this… However, I had to make a comment because I thought it was interesting when I looked up the hotel out of curiosity I noticed the name of the hotel restaurant… It's name is Monarch. Spooky! 🙂

Casey

Well, now I see that someone noticed the same thing just a few comments up… sorry 😛 But, yeah, try as I might I could not get the room to pop up for reservation. The other ones that are mentioned in interviews and whatnot in reference to this one being themed are listed… not this one though.

jenn

the way to test for a two-way mirror is this: touch the mirror with your finger. if there is a gap between the tip of your finger and the image of your finger in the mirror- that's a regular mirror. if your finger touches the image of your finger- that's a two-way. get out!

Dos

On second thought, to be rational, there is no evidence to suggest any wrong doing occurred here, and this whole thing seems like a bunch of speculation that got totally blown out of proportion. Still a weird room though, and an entertaining read nonetheless.

Catriona
I agree with the poster above that said it seems like a marketing strategy to get people talking about their hotel. I mean, come on, do you really think these people would be that obvious and let a few members of the "public" check into this room (which by the way, looks like a regular tiny artsy fartsy apartment one might find in New York) by "accident", the members of the elite would have done something horrible to the Front Office Receptionists who let their "secret (tiny as f*ck) BDSM lair" be used by someone who isn't a member of… Read more »
Anon
Did some reading on it, "The room appears to be much smaller than the rest of the rooms in the hotel, which touts extra-spacious living areas as an accoutrement to visitors. The room appears to be a normal sized room divided into two or more smaller rooms by the out of place brick wall and some masonry work, which was deemed rather shoddy by some of the readers who claimed to be in pertinent fields of construction. The brick wall appears to be built to house, or frame, the large mirror above the bed. The room, again, appears to be… Read more »
Les
1 year 1 month ago

the drawing looks like Alestair Crowley

1 year 1 month ago

Madi
1 year 6 months ago

My mom is looking at hotel Zaza in Dallas….oh no. She might want us to stay there.
I came back to this article as fast as I could. :/
DALLAS…sigh

Mike n Katy
1 year 7 months ago

I'm taking my wife here for our 30th anniversary. Do you think she would mind me changing our room from "casablanca" room to this one?? lol

Madi
1 year 9 months ago

WOW. So, Moody Gardens in Galveston isn't the only place that has these odd surroundings and goings on. (Although, with Moody Gardens, the pyramids there and all, it could've been a coincidence)!
I hope so…

violetblack
1 year 9 months ago

Next person who gets put there by accident should hide a spy camera or something. Not that I'd expect it to be that easy to beat Big Brother at his own games…

1 year 11 months ago

what better place to do a re-programming 'touch-up" than in a room that "doesn't exist"? Thanks for this VC- the evidence out there, the better.

Kim

I worked for an events company a few years back. It was my birthday and my boss choose me to help with putting up birthday party decorates the hole place had a lot of energy. Very haunted.

Phobos

Is the picture of "Benny H." (or by Benny H) representing the controversial Texas-based preacher Benny Hinn? https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Benny_hinn

Catbilli

This room is strange! So, inwanted to knoe more, and looked uo the hotels website: they do not advertise it. However, i found another interesting fact: the hotel's restaurant's name is MOMARCH!! This is too much coincidence.

Dos

Has anyone ever thought to notify multiple authorities with this information, and the photographs which suggest something is really off about this room, and that is worthy of investigation? The numerous online threads about this should be incentive enough to prompt an inquiry by authorities.

Daniel

Is it just me or, on the painting of the man with the blue shirt, both his pupils are instead shiny pyramids/capstones?

sef

The alleged prison theme doesn't ring true to me. They could have gone way more authentic if that had really been what they were going for. The pictures on the wall have nothing to do with a prison. The brick wall is not cinder block, prison brick. It's chi-chi, warehouse loft style brick. Moreover that is clearly dividing an original size room into two. If that's not a two-way mirror, where does the hotel advertise the other half-size room?

Matt

Zaza is also used for "demon" just saying, the hotel itself probably isn't all that bright.

Steve13

Am I the only one who wonders why, if the room is used for mind control/torture as suggested, they still make sure there are the sachets of coffee and sugar and tea bags etc, as well as complimentary bottles of water?
That said, it is in stark contrast to the other rooms in the place if only because it seems to have been decorated on a $50 budget.
I would closely inspect that mirror though…

Angie

I guess I don't find the room scary, some fun art and a crafty bed

Anonymous

That picture of the two girls with the long necks actually look like dicks…. The breasts are the balls….

Brush

The artist of the twisted mirrored-woman portrait, Ruth Borum-Loveland (http://ruthborum.com/), had Illimunati (and just plain creepy) symbolism in all of her paintings. This particular painting is called "Landlocked in a Lovely Place"…

All of her paintings are sold. Her work is filled with the All Seeing Eye, triangles, Women with two eyes in each eye, pyramids, Baphomet heads, skulls, women with long necks and snake tongues, sad-twisted-empty-eyed women, Medusa heads, blood doplets, cupcakes that resemble triangles with an all seeing 'cherry' on top….
interview: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iNfSjWcsA9s

Josh
1 year 5 months ago

Good info, nice side work on your part.

Plllllltttttttttt

If I had been assigned that room I'd just bite the cost and smash that mirror, just to see if there is a room behind it. I'd have to know.

Plllllltttttttttt

That's the strange sex room.