What Happened to Whitney Houston?

As someone who grew up during the peak Whitney Houston’s career, witnessing her downfall and, yesterday, her untimely death, has been difficult. Blessed with arguably the biggest voice ever heard in the music industry and endowed with a fiery personality that matched it, Whitney was the archetype of the diva superstar. Her song I Will Always Love You is now the ultimate song for aspiring singers to showcase their talents. However, no matter who attempted to take on that on that song, they exposed themselves to the same comment: “Good, but not as good as Whitney”. She was the personification of pure, God-given talent.

Unfortunately, the saying “The higher they fly, the harder they fall” has applied to Whitney all too well. The young girl who got discovered while singing in a church choir and who went on to become most awarded female act of all-time descended into a fiery hell of drugs, abuse and trauma.  Upon learning about her death, I immediately recalled a particular interview that disturbed me. It was the lengthy interview she gave Oprah in 2009, where she described her drug usage and her tumultuous relationship with Bobby Brown. While her words were unsettling, it was her entire demeanor that got to me. The diva personality was gone. The fire in her eyes was extinguished. She simply wasn’t the same person I saw during the 90’s. When she took the stage to sing her new single, the heavenly voice we expected to come out wasn’t there. It was as if her soul was sucked out of her.

Watching her discuss with Oprah, I kept asking myself: “What the hell happened to Whitney?” Most people would immediately reply “drugs”. She did go to a few treatment centers for celebrities. But I had the sick feeling that there was more to it. Her eyes betrayed deep psychological and even spiritual trauma. Marijuana and cocaine, the two drugs she admitted using, do not make people this way. Even if she did crack or whatever other drug, there was something else in her eyes and I felt that Whitney was holding back the true cause of her downfall. I asked myself: Was she under mind control? Was there an occult ritual, black magic or outright, literal selling of her soul involved there? Did her “contract with unseen forces expire”? Was Bobby Brown her handler?  This portion of Oprah’s interview particularly struck me and, when I first learned about her death, this automatically came to my mind:

Oprah: Did you think something was gonna happen in those drug-crazed, drug-filled days where you’re sitting for hours and days?

Whitney: There were times when he (Bobby Brown) would smash things, break things in the home. Glass. We had a big, big giant portrait of me and him and my child. He cut my head off the picture. Stuff like that. And I thought, “This is really strange.” So I figured, cutting my head off a picture, that was a little much for me. That was one sign.

And then there were other things like he started to paint in my bedroom eyes. Just eyes. Evil eyes that were looking at every point of the room.

Oprah: He started to paint on the walls?

Whitney: Yeah. The rugs. The walls. The closet doors. If I opened the door, there would be one picture. Then I’d close them and there would be another picture and eyes and faces. It was really strange. …

Oprah: What are you doing with all of that?

Whitney: I’m looking at it going, “Lord, what’s really going on here?” I was getting scared because I felt something was going to blow. Something was going to give.

Source

Marijuana and cocaine can make people do crazy things, but this kind of behaviour was symptomatic of something a lot deeper. The cutting of one’s head and “evil eyes” are two obsessions of mind control victims (and/or spiritually disturbed people). Whatever the case may be, something awful happened to Whitney Houston in the years following her success. But what? What was Bobby Brown’s role? Difficult to say. In the same Oprah interview, Whitney described her mother’s attempts to rescue her.

Whitney: She said, “It’s not worth it.” She said: “If you move, Bobby, [the sheriff will]take you down. Don’t you make one move.” And he stood there like he was scared.

And she said: “Let’s go. Let’s do this. I’m not losing you to the world. I’m not losing you to Satan. I’m not doing this. I want my daughter back. I want you back. I want to see that glow in your eyes. That light in your eyes. I want to see the child I raised. And you weren’t raised like this. And I’m not having it. So you make a choice, and you make it here today because I have a court injunction that says you have to go.” …

– Ibid.

Now, the day before “music’s biggest night”, Whitney was found dead in strange circumstances (apparently drowned in her bathtub) at age 48. As usual, drugs were almost automatically mentioned as a cause of her death. However, as it was the case for Michael Jackson, Amy Winehouse and so many others, the investigation will probably be a long tedious process, full of vague statements and many contradictions. There are already reports of Whitney acting erratic in the hours before her death.

“First she first visited Brandy, Monica, and Clive Davis at rehearsals for the mogul’s pre-Grammys party, where a Los Angeles Times reporter described her as reeking of alcohol, “visibly bloated,” and “disheveled in mismatched clothes and hair that was dripping wet with either sweat or water.” According to the Times, when Houston wasn’t mugging and gesticulating wildly for Brandy and Monica — who were doing a media junket, as well as preparing a duet — she was alternately skipping around the lobby or “wandering aimlessly” around the Beverly Hills Hotel grounds. Reportedly, guests had even called security to report the singer doing handstands by the hotel pool.

Houston’s Thursday was about to get worse… way worse. That evening, she attended a party headlined by Kelly Price at the Tru nightclub in Hollywood. As she exited, seeming  intoxicated, photographers took close-ups of her legs, which appeared to be spotted with blood streaks, along with scratches on her wrists.”
– Yahoo! News, Whitney Houston’s Tumultuous Final Days

Despite her death at the fourth floor Beverly Hilton Hotel, the traditional pre-Grammy show, with its glamour and glitz, took place at the same location…while her body was still there. As they say in showbiz, “the show must go on”. The show will indeed go on and I’m somehow reticent to see the kind of tribute the industry music is reserving her. If Michael Jackson and Amy Winehouse are any indication, those who fall off the grace of the industry do not get a proper tribute…but a celebration of their sacrifice.

Was Whitney’s death an actual sacrifice or simply the result of years of abuse? The same question applies to countless artists who died too soon and in bizarre circumstances.

781 Comments on "What Happened to Whitney Houston?"

Kati3

Right before she died, I was thinking she was like THE ONLY singer who might be a Christian….not that im some super saint, because im know im not….hehe, but it was shocking to me!

Blame the Hubby

George
1 month 2 days ago

She was really unlike the others, she was kind and gracious, she had talent and was never ashamed of the name of Jesus!

blazian5
Did anyone see Whitney Houston the day of her death? Anyone other than her bodyguard and her Aunt/stylist? I can’t find any account of her being seen in public, which is strange be cause seems like everybody and their momma saw her Thursday and Friday before her death; and they’re all to eager to speak about her alleged erratic behavior on those days…but no one seems to have seen her in the hotel or otherwise the Saturday she died. This, along with the account of water pouring into the hotel guest’s room below her at 2 a.m. Saturday morning, and… Read more »
Namla
We really do feel the loss left by Whitney's passing. It should be noted, here with all due respect that the rich heritage of singing in the black/African community is centuries old. The depth of the deep spiritual voices coming from the black church create many Whitney Houstons, borne from centuries of struggle. In other words, Whitney is from a lineage of great voices. Mahalia Jackson could be seen as her spiritual predecessor. Mahalia had a powerful voice that could render tears from a rock. She is probably the most famous gospel singer produced by the black church. Few know… Read more »
George
1 month 2 days ago

Whitney was really unlike the others! I believe in all of the madness she lived in, God knew her heart, and He never forsakes her, I believe she’s in a better place now, but I’m not sure, no one can know but God.

Joy

Hello VC! I saw a very interesting episode of TV One's show "Unsung" about the life of Phyllis Hyman from 2008. Coincidentally, she was a Clive Davis Arista records "Diva" – until he discovered Whitney. Phyllis also died tragically (after struggling with cocaine and alcohol of an overdose) just before a scheduled performance. Also, just before her 46th birthday.

Shay

That was very interesting I always knew that whitneys death was not all drug related

VC please do an artical about that naughty boy song lalala the whole vid is extremely puzzling especially the ending it looked as if the little boy was given to be sacrificed

rightb/wtheeyes

Gotta see this vid — it will make you REALLY wonder:
"Whitney Houston WAS sacrificed — the best evidence for YOU to decide" http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CWmXOoB5exk

terri
I actually don't believe Whitney was killed in any Supernatural way by the Illuminati. I'm not saying the people around her weren't agents of evil. Anyone pushing drugs has to be evil, knowing what it does to people. I believe Whitney had a habit that she couldn't control. That is what killed her. I had a dream around 1990 to do with Whitney and this powder compact she was putting on her face . It was so disturbing, I knew it was about the destruction Cocaine would bring to her life if she ever took it (at that time it… Read more »
Ebby

Wow! That's deep. You have a gift.

joshua
Alicia Keys and Jennifer Hudson have poor vocal technique. This why Keys sang the anthem so slow (so she could take a breath in between almost every word, including the last one, which is for the most part a no-no in vocal teaching). They both felt the need to embellish tastelessly to cover up their vocal faults (they know that the general public is ignorant about the voice). Jennifer Hudson, after the introduction by the Sandy Hook Choir, entered the song for al least two measures singing sharp (the opposite of singing flat which is too low, 'sharp' is too… Read more »
Melody
I believe they killed my Whitney! I grew up really loving this woman, as a child of the 70's and 80's. I heard the news and my heart broke when my daughter told me! I really thought to myself at that instant, they killed her! Whitney may have used drugs at one time in her life, but I seriously doubt that was her cause of death! I think Whitney knew she was marked, like Micheal Jackson kept telling Dick Greggory, "They are trying to kill me". I think Amy knew too! Their has been evidence that Whitney at one time… Read more »

Wow! Read this Vanity Fair article about Whitney's "demons", her "handlers" and other illuminated catch phrases!

Rias Savalas
No amount of debate can bring Whitney back, and no one will probably ever have a completely factual account of how Whitney died or who was involved. I think anyone who is angered by her death should stop speculating and start holding Hollywood accountable. They have destroyed many lives in their Satanic quest– through drugs, rape, torture, blackmail and murder, to name a few. We need to send a message to them. Tell them to keep Lady Gaga, Jay-Z, Madonna and all their other Satanic puppets who are trying to push an occult world on us. All you have to… Read more »
lejacke

Bobbie Christina in Oprah interview says Whitney prepared her for this, …"…she knew… that's how its gonna go…"

Dazed

Someone mentioned Whitney's legs were straight up in the air when she "drowned" in the scroll down for a still shot from madonna's superbowl high priestess show – yup legs straight up in the air. seemed an odd dance move at the time but now…

jana teper

Did Whitney know about Gagas speech in 2011?

Pniq

VC, thanx for the good work. Did any one realise that she dies in room 434. which when added together, comes upto 11?

Choy

Rihana is th next one to sink

ioanab

Some articles on human psychology&developmental patterns would be appreciated.

Positive research on the basic tools we can eventually use to change ourselves and to make a change in the world. (:

Kara

Another "coincidence" her home she shared with Bobbi Brown was on the market in New Jersey for quite a while and wasn't selling, a few weeks before her death, they took it back off the market…I'm sure now that house may very well be worth a lot more money. Disgusted.

cr0c0d1l3
“I had a manager once say to me, ‘ You know you’re worth more money dead than alive.’” This reminds me of a surreal scene in the movie, Tropic Thunder.. In the scene, Ben Stiller’s character, Tugg Speedman, was captured by thugs and residing inside the, “Flaming Dragon Compound”.. Meanwhile, Tom Cruise’s character, Les Grossman, was discussing the missing celeb, Tugg, and the topic shifted to Tugg being worth more dead than alive, and pitches a deal to Tugg’s manager, while doing a dance to some wild music. The look in Cruise’s eyes, the expressions on his face, coupled with… Read more »
johnklark

in real world and IN OURS DAYS doesn't exist the coincidence.

in real world and IN OURS DAYS doesn't exist the happenstance.

Hannah Harris

I knew there was something weird about her death . It makes no sense for another big old school singer to die before some big awards . Then all that devil ish they were doing at the awards made it seem worst . Plus they bearly said anything about her . Basically it seemed like they didn't do anything to change the program , they just said a few things about her here & there in the show .

NB

That "Medusa head" is not snakes at all, but represents an octopus, just like the so-called "snake skirt" of the Aztec? goddess Coatlique, and the 8-limbed Hindu goddess of destruction Kali, and even the huge skirt of the headhunting witch "Mombi" in "Return to Oz"—all these goddesses associated with multiple snakes & limbs, and necklaces of human hearts & heads like Aphrodite—all represent the Female Kraken, which is Lucifer, collector of human heads & hearts because they believe they contain human souls.

Hard to believe, I know, but please consider it.

OjosPelados

Some of Whitney's wardrobe from The Bodyguard are already being set to be auctioned off at the end of March, with some things from other celebrities too. They say they were planning it a long time.

OjosPelados

What if Ray J gave her ecstasy? It can cause hyperthermia and sweating, and some effects of it can last up to a week.