Miley Cyrus' dad, Billy Ray Cyrus, told GQ he is 'scared' for his daughter's future in the spotlight.

In this startling interview with GQ, Billy Ray Cyrus mentions Miley Cyrus’ “handlers”, his fears of seeing her dead like Anna Nicole Smith and Michael Jackson and the evil side of the industry.

Here’s the NY Daily News report on it:

Since condemning Miley Cyrus’ bong scandal in December, Billy Ray Cyrus hasn’t said much about his daughter or the controversies that keep surrounding her.

But in an interview conducted a mere five days after the video leaked, for GQ’s March issue, he comes out swinging.

Among the most startling revelations is an admission that “Hannah Montana” “destroyed” his family and his fear that 18-year-old Miley could possibly end up meeting the same tragic fate that befell controversial stars that came before her – namely, Michael Jackson, Kurt Cobain and Anna Nicole Smith.

“Every time something happened in Miley’s career, every time the train went off the track, if you will – Vanity Fair, pole-dancing, whatever scandal it was – her people, or as they say in today’s news, her handlers, every time they’d put me … ‘Somebody’s shooting at Miley! Put the old man up there!'” Billy Ray told the magazine about why he used to have such a strong public presence in his daughter’s life.

“Well, I took it, because I’m her daddy, and that’s what daddies do,” he added. “‘Okay, nail me to the cross, I’ll take it … ‘ ”

Now the 49-year-old father of six said he realized “they used me every time.” And he eventually reached his breaking point, choosing not to attend the starlet’s 18th birthday party last year.

“If I would have went out there I would have been right in the middle of all this stuff that’s going on right now with the bong. They’d be hanging it on my ass,” Billy Ray continued. “I had the common sense … I said, ‘This whole thing’s falling apart up there and they just want to blame all of this stuff on you again.’ I’m staying out of it.”

Billy Ray, who is in the process of divorcing Miley’s mom Tish, said he knew something was especially wrong in the days before the video of the teen star smoking salvia from a bong hit the web.

He explained to the magazine that he had heard her “handlers” were concerned about a missing iPhone and bartering with the people who obtained it.

“And that was on the heels, the week previous, of some pictures from Spain [which showed Miley drinking a beer]– a five- or seven-day period of just boom!” he recalled. “There’s a train wreck happening and my daughter’s right in the middle of it.”

Since he didn’t know what was on the missing phone, Billy Ray said he tried to find out through Miley’s team.

“They told me it was none of my business,” he claimed. “I’m dealing with somebody that had only known my daughter for possibly four years and I’m her daddy. I was pretty damn insulted.”

“And I took that as the ultimate alarm,” he continued. “‘It’s none of your business’! None of my business that you’re out running around L.A. trying to buy kids’ computers and phones because there’s something about my daughter?”

In her own recent interview with Marie Claire, Miley apologized for disappointing her fans with the drug incident, but also noted that it’s “normal” to be “imperfect” at her age.

Billy Ray made a similar concession in the GQ interview, admitting, “There’s no doubt I did stuff when I was a teenager that I’m sure could have turned out horribly.”

“I’ve done some stupid crap – I do stupid crap. We all do. But it’s different when you sit back and you see it happening to your little girl,” he explained. “I feel like I got to try. It’s my daughter”

“And,” Billy Ray added, “some of these handlers are perhaps more interested in handling Miley’s money than her safety and her career,” something that leaves him “scared for her.”

Billy Ray went on to discuss how fame ultimately cut short the lives of Jackson, Cobain and Smith, which has made him all the more eager to help his daughter navigate through life in the spotlight.

When he looks back on Miley’s rapid rise to fame through “Hannah Montana,” on which they both starred, he said he sees how “the business was driving a wedge between us.”

“It destroyed my family. I’ll tell you right now – the damn show destroyed my family,” Billy Ray declared, before admitting he wishes they never agreed to do the Disney Channel show.

“I’d take it back in a second. For my family to be here and just be everybody okay, safe and sound and happy and normal, would have been fantastic. Heck, yeah,” he said.
“I’d erase it all in a second if I could.”

And for those who believe Billy Ray’s concern is really about whether his daughter will continue to be a cash cow, he offered to set the record straight.

“I’ve never made a dime off of Miley,” he insisted. “You got a lot of people have made percentages off of her. I’m proud to say to this day I’ve never made one commissioned dollar, or dime, off of my daughter.”

Billy Ray didn’t place all the blame on those currently in Miley’s life. There are also evil forces at work, he claimed.

“Somewhere along this journey, both mine and Miley’s faith has been shaken,” he said. “That saddens me the most.”

His family, Billy Ray argued, is now being ruined by Satan.

“No doubt,” he insisted. “There’s no doubt about it.”

And Billy Ray also held himself partially responsible for his daughter’s behavior.

“How many interviews did I give and say, ‘You know what’s important between me and Miley is I try to be a friend to my kids’? I said it a lot,” he admitted. “And sometimes I would even read other parents might say, ‘You don’t need to be a friend, you need to be a parent.’ Well, I’m the first guy to say to them right now: You were right.”

“I should have been a better parent. I should have said, ‘Enough is enough – it’s getting dangerous and somebody’s going to get hurt,'” he continued. “I should have, but I didn’t. Honestly, I didn’t know the ball was out of bounds until it was way up in the stands somewhere.”

– Source

Michael Jackson and Anna Nicole Smith were mentioned in the article  When Insiders Expose the Ugly Side of the Entertainment Industry.

229 Comments on "Billy Ray Cyrus in GQ: My family is under attack by Satan, I’m ‘scared for’ daughter Miley"

afroditi

I wish we could do something…

Maria
2 months 28 days ago

I wish we could too… But, now I think it’s too late. Even though I’m the first one that always says “It’s never too late” in some cases I think “too late” isn’t strong enough.

BluBoy

Aww Billy Ray, What did you think of watching your daughters performance at the VMA's? did it break your Achey breaky heart? lol………….I cant help but think too little too late I guess. Well good luck Mr Cyrus, Miley and Tish coz ya gonna need it my friend. Hollywood is gonna fuck y'all up 🙂

Sonja

Miley is a Monarch and Ray used to be her handler. I don't know how he got 'off the job' for awhile. Look at her birdcage photos etc. He was pimping her out as a sex kitten and bluebird when she was very young. Hannah did not ruin their lives, Ray is a sick dog, not some christian faithful. Look up photos of them together. VC would do well to expose Miley Cyrus and her father on this site, the evidence is compelling!

longifee
14 days 14 hours ago

You’re absolutly right.

crystal
1 year 11 months ago

It ant his fault she's a grown woman and she knows right from wrong. I feel bad for him .and maybe if everybody would stop supporting her she woundnt be famous and letting their children praise her basically then .maybe you guys should sit back and think about things before you judge somebody else……. ps.. it says in the Bible that it's a sin to judge.. JUST SAYING…. hope things get better for your family Billy Ray Cyrus. .

fahlito

Do you think that he really had no idea what he was signing his daughter up for?

Josie

I think Billy Ray Cyrus did know what was going on, considering how Miley's success benefited him. After some mild success in the early 90s, Billy Ray Cyrus' career struggled from then on, and most the public forgot about him. Miley's success as Hannah Montana helped re-vamp his career, and he was back to living the high life.

Noukio

Thats exactly what happened.. I'm also afraid for that young girls life…
Too bad her daddy is too late to help now. He should've done something, but instead he already gave her up when she was in Hannah Montanna.

anonymous

I'm reading it now . now it really happened 🙁

Rosanna

HE IS SO right on about that!! Insulting indeed!! You are her father, who the hell did that moron think he was?!? I would have been arrested if I was you, that's all I gotta say, if some nobody thought he was gonna take my rightful place in my baby's life!!!

Rosanna
“You know why I didn’t go? Because they were having it in a bar,” he explained. “It was wrong. It was for 21-years-old and up. Once again all them people, they all wanted me to fly out so that then when all the bad press came they could say, ‘Daddy endorsed this stuff … ‘” You know that is a great start for him! Awesome, he knew it was wrong, so instead of do something!!! I WOULD HAVE RAISED HELL IF THAT WAS MY 18 YEAR OLD BECAUSE SHE IS MY DAUGHTER AND SHE IS ONLY 18 YEARS OLD AND… Read more »
Larry Davis

Oh your poor achy breaky heart Billy. WELL DO SOMETHING ABOUT, IT MAN! Get both of yourselves out of the damn business! Save your daughter and stop whining about it !

Pax
I don't know but, for real, if this is how people try to be recognised now, it's just Rubbish! One thing we all must know is, none of us was left out of GOD'S gifts! Every single person has an incredible gift from GOD. A skill that no other person has, unique from the other person. You don't rush to be noticed! There are no short cuts to been Good at what you can do! I'll advice anybody, please, this world could seem hasty to it's decisions but you don't have to follow it! Don't think time is going, because… Read more »
RoseWood

Billy Ray sold his daughter to Satan (Jewish run DisneyCorp) a decade or so.
BR, you got rich, so "quit your b*tching.".

But the scorpion will be a scorpion and will turn all goyim girls into disgusting sluts.
As in the Weimar Republic – that's what Jews do.

Changes
i would have liked to have seen the day my boss would have told one of my parents it was none of their business when presently the girl is 1/2 naked in front the world looking like a bumble bee with twisted pupils in her eyes…seriously, that would have been a 1/2 of a performance with parents pulling their child off of a stage and so long to the boss at her age….like it or not when your parents put that many years in to your welfare they have the right to be where ever, when ever and out of… Read more »
RoseWood1488

Billy Ray handed her over to the jew Eisner, and he and she becamevery rich.
BR turned his daughter inro a sleazy n-word ho and has no right to complain now.
BR is more evil than Eisner.

Lilith

way to be racist.

BluBoy

Lilith eh? girl change ya name first. Demon ass. The dirty ass jews will be punished for their evil ways just like god allowed Hitler to do so…… What you gonna say now Demon?

sittingcoffin

Take up some reading materials, start with the Talmud. Then feel free to call racist.

SamV

At last he realize the sinister outcome of his own daughter if she continues on like this. Good on you sir for showing concern for your own daughter, especially when her posse just refuses to let you in on the dark secrets of whats really going on in the music industry.

But this was the expected result, especially when you gave in your own child to stardom and now shame afterwards and losing your way into the big time moments, which also may include partying, drugs, and a possible demise like that of Jackson and smith at your own expense.

Tina

Don't blame Miley's father but instead pray for him! I'm praying for you Mr. Cyrus and for your daughter. May Christ Jesus lift you both up from this dark place and into His loving grace, Amen!

Deaven Taylor

please pray for miley cyrus
in Jesus name Amen!

Bella

Plezzzzzzz change I loved u back then as Hannah and now my mom sayin ur just not good influence for me so plezzzz get saved and I can go back to lovin u again

Bella

Miley come on have faith in ur self listen to ur dad plezzzzz quit bein on Satans side u can do it keep fighting for ur self don't give up

Angela Silva
If you Billy Ray Cyrus truly believed in The Lord and Savior Jesus Christ,Son of the Living God you would know this: 1) satan has NO power over those who believe in AND obey Jesus Christ. satan's power was destroyed at the Cross 2000+ years ago. 2) You are Miley's father here on earth. You have authority-earthly and spiritual- over Miley and all your children no matter what their age. Your daughter's happenings "not your business?" Says who?the voice of satan ! And you buckle down to that voice ? and whine about it? Take action Billy Ray Cyrus.Take action… Read more »
Habib

I guess he failed to protect her, she now twerks and just to be honest, a slut

bribarian

It's sad all these girls that will do whatever for fame, very sad. I bet the majority of us here on this site that see it going on couldnt care any less about fame and fortune. How right am I?

As for the father Billy, he's up against an Army of handlers and other leeches. The problem is people like us, "normal folks" don't do much to stop these kind of activities, but then again, what can we do?

tristen

miley cyrus wanted out along time ago dude wow she's been out..same goes with kate they already killed the real one

C. Morgan

I feel sad for billy ray cyrus he blames himself when it is not his fault. He would never have been able to protect Miley from this even if he had been more of a friend than a parent.

harm one

I used to LOVE billy Ray Cyrus’s music when I was a kid…I danced to that ish when i was a lil boy…But what he’s done to his daughter is an unspeakable crime. He should have hustled his cd’s harder or something instead of pimpin out his own flesh and blood.. I lost all respect for the man

you hear me BILLY RAY…..Your scum!!!

stacy-nyc

Ok so Cyrus decided to take it all back on the View- another stupid show that I lose brain cells watching- he just took it back and said over and over- "I love Disney. I love Hana Montana. I love Disney, I love Hana Montana." And basically blamed GQ for knocking on his door when he was down during hard times…

all effin bs i tell ya