leadhomeland

The Department of Homeland Security (DHS) is looking to buy over 1.6 billion rounds of ammunition in the next four years for “law enforcement and training purposes”. The purchase of this outrageous amount of ammunition (about 5 bullets for each and every American) is causing many observers to worry about the direction of law enforcement in the United States .

According to a Forbes article entitled 1.6 Billion Rounds Of Ammo For Homeland Security? It’s Time For A National Conversation:

“Some of this purchase order is for hollow-point rounds, forbidden by international law for use in war, along with a frightening amount specialized for snipers.”

The article also points out that:

“At the height of the Iraq War the Army was expending less than 6 million rounds a month. Therefore 1.6 billion rounds would be enough to sustain a hot war for 20+ years.  In America.”

Yes, 1.6 billion rounds is enough to sustain a war in America for more than 20 years. And all of this ammunition will go to law enforcement –  to be used in America, against Americans.

Relevant fact: While 1.6 billion rounds are being purchased by the DHS, gun shops across America are reporting a “massive ammunition shortage” – meaning that it is becoming increasingly difficult for Americans to purchase guns and ammo . In short, in this post-Sandy Hook era, the general population is being stripped of its weapons while the U.S. Government is stockpiling an incredible amount of it. There’s a noticeable shift going on here.

Other Police State Measures

The above Forbes article also reports that the DHS acquired armored vehicles that were used in Iraq and Afghanistan to be used in U.S. streets. They are already being spotted in some American cities. These war vehicles are designed “to withstand IEDs, mine blasts, and 50 caliber hits to bullet-proof glass”. Furthermore, they have gun ports, which mean that people in the tanks can shoot at people outside. Are those really needed for “law enforcement” against American people?

Armored Personnel Carriers in Baghdad.

Armored Personnel Carriers in Baghdad.

Also, do not forget that drones are now allowed in U.S. skies (something that was covered on VC over a year ago) and that they have the capability to kill people. Knowing all of this, is there still any doubt that there’s a definite effort to militarize law enforcement and to turn the United States into an all-out police state?

131 Comments on "The Department of Homeland Security Aims to Buy 1.6 Billion Rounds of Ammo for Domestic Use"

Anoynmous

This is quite frightening i fear for my life I don't even live in a city but I live in a small town in NY and I want to move to Europe but my parents do not believe in whats coming they say I am just being paranoid so tell me someone am I? Btw VC thanks for posting this I had no clue

sucariya

Jon Stewart named "certain vigilant websites" when discussing this last week. Mainstream media heard it and still no one panics.

nontaxpayer

All I can say is, if you want some, come get some!!!

Brittle
The sad thing is so many people around the world are going to snicker and say ""America deserves it" when this happens. And they won't realize that what happens in America is a prelude to what will happen to the rest of us. They're just starting with America- we will see the same things happening in our countries soon. I don't think it's an accident American leaders trashed it's reputation with the rest of the world. I believe their leaders planned it so other countries, especially Europe, would be less likely to step in. Btw, did VC ever do an… Read more »
Noelle
I don’t know if you guys watch the news in Chicago, but the residents here seem to be BEGGING for martial law. The violence in the inner city here is pretty horrible. But what’s different now is that the media actually cares about it. If you look at the murder rates of Chicago, the actual homicides haven’t changed in the last 20-30 years. IN FACT, just last month marked the lowest homicide rate in the last 50 years. BUT, the media (ran by the government) has a way of making things seem way worse than it appears in real life.… Read more »
Godgifted
When I read this article I instantly thought of Chicago's South Side where an innocent six-month-old baby lost her life because her father was a gangbanger and his rivals did a drive by intending to kill him but the baby perished instead. One would think that yes, places like this need a military presence to squelch the everyday violence that seems to mark Chicago as one of those notorious places that is used to such violence. We all know that the media will slant the "news" and will put attention of such measures on the front page for all of… Read more »
angel

The Military practice drill in residential Houston, TX neighborhood…
LINK: http://abclocal.go.com/ktrk/story?section=news/lo

Nyk

*too (incase of any grammar nazi

Nyk
This world has gotten so rotten… I fear for my best friends in the united states. I fear so much that I keep thinking praying isn't enough. 5 bullets to each and every american. Might as well declare war. It super obvious that we are the main enemy. Just when I thought it could get worst 3 or 4 days ago I was singing "Billy Jean" and I saw something that made something insided me-break. Something about Puerto Rico's drones are leaving concerns something all that made me :-O was the picture. It was similar to a jet but obviously… Read more »
innerspace
I've made a couple of videos on youtube about the Christopher Dorner rampage and drones since I first found out about his nine day rampage. I'll be making a third one soon. San Bernardino and Santa Cruz (Jeremy Goulet) are in California, the state that contains the city that is the drone production capital of the entire country, San Diego. There are six drone testing sites being opened up that would like to open up our skies to thousands of military and police drones, as evidenced by the truth about a drone searching for Dorner in news articles. These two… Read more »
Truth & light

Read what she said re. Chris dorner……mind blowing

James

I'll tell you what they're preparing for.

And that list doesn't include Skyfall or dark knight rises wich also have that quote.

There's a storm coming…

Clay

Read the interview of John Todd and this is exactly what he was talking about!

Flare

Look, what happened in NYC over the occupy protests scared the shit out of me – why should the city oppose people exercising their rights so virulently? This does seen to be alarming. I need to get out of this city.

Hermes13

Resenting the future.
Dunno if you heard of this crazy news in Sao Paulo, Brazil. About 8 skulls were put on different locations in the city. Witness describe a woman dressed in gypsy style, placing the skulls in front of some business building, consulates and Mormon churchs.
the article in english: http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/03/07/brazil-g

Here in a brazilian page, but you can see a video of the woman leaving the skull and a map of were the skulls were left: http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/03/07/brazil-g

Damn creepy and very interesting! Makes me wanna go to Sao Paulo and do my own investigation on this!

Get Ready

Yall I honestly wouldn't depend on this website for all your knowledge of the ellite and like matters, do some of your own research on websites that aren't geared towards exposing the elite. If people become too dependent on websites like this we're no more awake then the rest of the masses. I would use websites like this as a reference point

Ebby

This is what VC already conveys to us. To do our own research.

Lin

I think VC would agree, as do i!

Get Ready

Yes. They're preparing for a huge depopulation of the masses. That's why they're reporting on all these shootings to make us think we need "gun controls". Use your mind to find your answers my friend, you know more than you think.
Peace and Knowledge to you

Willie

Yeah, seems like all the ways are converging for something big [and ugly!]. But i live in Brazil, and i don't know much about how the north americans are facing the economic colapse, the gun control crisis, etc.
Peace, bro!

Bri
Sorry Yes I meant to say more NYC has declared martial law over the so called "riots" over Kimani Gray that seem to be "protests" in my eyes. But seeing as when it's people of color when we resist or fight for something it is made to seem as . As a person of color I think America is gonna have a problem or a set back because many minorities are getting upset about how they are treating our people. Many people also are spreading the news about not trusting the gov, many young ones also. Do I believe the… Read more »
Rrr-B-Wolf

I have to appologize Bri.
A friend of mine just clued me into the fact that you were right.
I have spent the last hour or so trying to keep up with whats going on.
Google seems to have a lock-down on this story.

Again, Bri, I appologize for my reactionary comment.
Luv: Wolf

PS: we are living in interesting times.

Lin

try startpage search engine. Its a search engine that keeps you search confidential and ad free.

Brittany

Yes and it's ok the only way ppl are hearing about hats going on is on twitter ans social sites

hyeum
1.6 billion in munitions, 2700 refurbished MRAPS, 7000 fully auto weapons, and now news of an even worse tool of oppression, UAV drones over American soil, being used against American citizens, with might I add having the ability to be armed. You have an administration ignorant of the constitution, passing new and even higher taxes daily. Plotting ways of stripping away our rights. And now pushing for more stringent gun laws. Set aside political views because this is much more of an issue than right wing, left wing, republican, democrat, and liberal. This issue falls on the shoulders of every… Read more »
Hyrum
And the names Hyrum, not Hyeum. My phone tends to have a mind of it's own sometimes. All I know is that when I see things like this, it scares the Hell out of me, it should scare everybody. And granted I know logistics, and with a little common sense, even with training and exercises, there's no need for even a billion rounds over a five year period. Seem excessive. Then you throw drones, mraps, and more weapons into the mix. And on top of that you throw our current financial circumstances into that situation as well a push for… Read more »
Heather

You say 5 years….that is an interesting number.. Bc in 4 yrs his term is over…and in 5 yrs….could he change our laws for longer terms?? Obama's 2016…I am sure y'all watched that…..

Hyrum
just an additional side note, it's the second amendment that is the only reason we are still free. With out it, those who are in power have nothing to fear of us. I am a gun owner for two reasons. First, because it is my right. Second, because it gives me the ability to protect my family, my friends and their families, which is many, our properties, our American way of life. Not that I condone anarchy, because I don't. What I do know is this, if something happened Heaven forbid. It'll be those who bear arms together that will… Read more »
Michael

The term "right wing extremist" is an artificial construct of the mainstream media. It's reserved for those who oppose everything that is wrong – because those who seek the truth really want what's best for everybody. Those who do not care about the truth do not want what's best for everybody.

AndreaM

Couldn't have said it better myself. Kudos to you, and good luck to you & your family, whatever the future may bring.

Robert

"God cannot leave His own" may we pray for wisdom and understanding so that when the time of tribulation comes we may be able to resist the devil and he will run away from us…..

ozzy g

I swear to G. I saw a bunch of tank on a highway down here in Dallas TX. it scared the shit out of me 😮

bosslady

I live right up the road from you in Wichita Falls. We are the home of Sheppard AFB. We have also been seeing the monster tanks and huge covered trucks. Sheppard AFB is the NATO training base for NATO pilots.

CJC

my mom is from Wichita Falls and I was thinking about moving out there. shit is crazy man

dafphodil

Can't wait for an article on the new Oz movie.

GW13

agreed

Johnny

6:20 into the video is where ammo purchases in discussed, but everyone needs to view the entire video.

Rrr-B-Wolf

…..also, they are buying 7000 AUTOMATIC weapons (machine guns) for DHS.
Contemplate that, won't you.
Cheers: Wolf

Bri

NYC HAS JUST DECLARED MARTIAL LAW

Rrr-B-Wolf

Gawd, do you ever check the DATES on the news stories you watch on the net.

Chill

Rrr-B-Wolf

…allthough there are riots happening in brooklyn as we speak.
I'll give you that.
Sorry if I offended.

I still stand by my original reply, though.

Wolf

my2cents

Are you talking about the riots over Kimani Gray being shot and killed?

Lin

Where at in bk????

Stay
* They got military power. * They got mind controlled victims, capable of inflitrations, assasinations etc. What is left is a reason to use this power… If the people, would go against the government then this war is already lost. A revolution is the perfect reason in order to teach the future generations about the pasts "mistakes", that is, let this not be a second french revolution – Blaming at he wrong movement for going against "order". This would also become the perfect duality between "good" and "evil" while innocent blood would paint the US. As for the rest of… Read more »
kcabc

How is this not all over the news!?! There can be no logical, justifiable , reason for the US ever needing that much ammunition surely…!? I wonder if there are similar things going on in the UK that we haven't heard about…

I'm afraid for the future of this world.