nicole

In a recent interview with The Independent, Nicole Sherzinger – the former lead singer of the Pussycat Dolls – discussed the music industry and what is truly needed to make it. According to her, female pop stars who receive “industry love” must obey orders, forget about their values and accept to be slutty. In short, they must be willing participants of the elite’s Agenda. In Sheringer’s words: ” To make it, you really have to sell your soul to the devil”. This phrase is often used by celebrities who discuss the industry (see the article When Insiders Expose the Ugly Side of the Entertainment Industry) and its meaning can be a lot more literal than most would expect. Indeed, making it in the industry does not only imply doing things you don’t feel like doing – it implies going against the very morals and values you grew up with. Even worse, it implies submitting to the dark forces ruling the industry and all of the spiritual sacrifices that come with it.

Sherzinger began her singing career as part of an “acoustic goth” band named Days of the New, which was all about art and music. Real success however only came about when she joined the Pussycat Dolls, a group that was the total opposite of Days of the New. It was indeed a record company-created group that was designed use sex to sell catchy pop tunes. Sherzinger apparently did not like what the Pussycat Dolls were about, but she joined anyway, stating that she “didn’t have a choice”.

“My first response when I was invited to join was, No way! I come from a strong religious background, and I had a very conservative upbringing. So I was nervous, and confused. Here I was wanting to be Whitney Houston, so why did I have to dress in lingerie to do that? I didn’t get it.”

When asked the “sexy songs” she sings, Sherzinger replied:

“With these kind of songs, I don’t feel I have to justify myself to anyone. I come from the most religious family – my grandfather is a priest – and if they support me in all this, and they do, then I’m OK. I’m being sassy and classy; I’m having fun. I’m not coming from a dark place.”

Sherzinger is however aware that she is probably not doing enough to become a top, industry-backed pop singer.

“To be honest with you, I sometimes wish I were more slutty. I’d probably be a lot more successful if I were. This is such a tough industry, you know. To make it, you really have to sell your soul to the devil.”

When asked is she sold her soul to the devil:

“No, I haven’t. That’s probably why I haven’t quite reached the top of my mountain. I mean, where’s my Tony Award, my Grammy, my Oscar? Why don’t I have any of those things yet?”

From a young naive singer dreaming of making it big, Nicole Sherzinger is apparently turning  into another disgruntled pop star that is slowly learning the truth about the music industry.

384 Comments on "Nicole Sherzinger: “To make it, you really have to sell your soul to the devil.”"

miaxoxo

I dont think Adele sold her soul to the devil.. i mean she's not been slutty in any of the songs..

relo

Jesus brings true happiness and success!

relo

Let us pray!

Shani Colbourne

Since you're from a strong religious background, you should know the importance of your soul. It's the real YOU; the you that will remain after your flesh has died and rot. You sell your soul to the devil, and you'll burn in hell for eternity. The devil doesnt care about you, he's just going around collecting souls to make up his kingdom; and using people like those in the music industry as fronts. Learn to be happy and content with what you have. Stop comparing yourself to others. You cant take all these worldly possessions with you. It's not worth… Read more »

Shamika Ansoategui
3 months 26 days ago

Finally Nicole Sherzinger realized what it takes to be successful. It is not really necessary to give up your morals and give away your dignity. why would you do that? only if you are too hungry for fame and so called success. It is about the choices we make in life and what we expect out of it. No one can take your dignity, values and morals away unless you are weak and succumb your soul.

Wendy
7 months 27 days ago

Don't sell your soul nothing is worth that. It's all fake looks the whole show….it's just physical if being ordinary in live in not selling your soul I would forever be ordinary….I would never go to the Devils side and it knows it. The Devils stuff is all fake Hollywood is completely fake…..I like nice music not slutty crap like miley etc it's all the same iluanati music slutty dumb tongue hanging out butts in your faces so dumb…..this whole world is run by demon demon idiots and I see through it.

John
1 year 11 months ago

VC's analysis is interesting, logical (in the literal sense), and thought- provoking. HOWEVER any discussion of the evils of the Illuminatti & all other supposedly cult-like secret societies 'pulling the strings'…when is the end-game? Is VC & others like him really saying it's been going on for HUNDREDS of years? As an economist, people only think of 'wiifm'- 'what's in it for me'. A person living in 1500's would give a damn what would benefit a world 2 seconds after they died, let alone hundreds of years. Firther every generation thinks the following one is 'going to hell'. Yet no… Read more »

Leo
1 year 11 months ago

It goes to show you that the people winning the Oscars, Grammys, and Tonys have all sold their souls. You have to sell your should to Satan to win a little golden idol.

Bob

Wonder what's up with Nicole now, is she still fighintg agaisnt joining?
Look how much weight she's lost and if anyone watches x Factor in the UK shes acting a bit crazy?!

Its PRINCESS, Bitch!

Its sad that Taylor Swift and Justin Bieber have won awards and are major successful but Nicole is wayyyyy better, any fucking day!!!!!!!!

KatM

Guys…and just another example how all the fields in life are affected https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=101516791
one of football stars shots…sorry I even don't know their names but you may recognize them..
clear signs with their hands…

Apple

"Where's my grammy?" – ??????? Er, Nichole – you're in an industry-conceived group called the Pussycat Dolls. You sing shit pop songs that incite jealousy between women in the most facile, basic, playground, 2-dimensional fashion [cite "bet you wish your girlfriend was hot like me"] and you're asking where is your GRAMMY???? Vigilant Citizen – of all your posts, this has to be the most incredulous. Please can someone inform poor little Nichole that when she "sold her soul to the devil" she sacrificed any artistic integrity she might have once had, and denied herself the privilege of practicing and… Read more »

Brad

Maybe she has no talent

Ben Brilliant

She is making excuses.
Kirk Franklin, Espranza Spalding, and, Matthew West have all won Grammy's. I haven't notice any of them having to dress slutty or make music not "spiritual" to make it in the music industry.
It is so much easier to blame your results on external factors instead of the person you must face in the mirror.
Success comes to those who take 100% responsibility for their success and failures.

That Dude

How come Adele is so revered by the music industry then?

She has a shitload of Grammys and is far from slutty.

Sometimes TALENT actually does take you to the pinnacle.

Noose

There was an episode of uk x factor where she was acting really weird. Google/Youtube it…sorry if someone has already posted this info

Cory Strong

If it takes being slutty and selling your soul to make it to the top of the mountain your not going to find what your looking for once you reach it.

Cory Strong

Well if it takes someone to be slutty and sell their soul to make it to the top of the mountain you wont find what your looking for once you reach it.

Mel B

This is a slight digression: what do you think about British star Adele's success? She dresses very matronly, she is overweight, and her popularity results from her actual vocal talent… Is she an exception, or have I overlooked details? I know that she recently had a baby with a significantly older, and well-connected businessman– perhaps a music industry-insider?

v

Nicole is soo part of the illu !!!! Look at what she is doing, can you please give yourself a smak in the face and wake up ?!! It couldnt be more sluttier the lady is almost showing her …. Like please and do you even think that if nicole isnt a part you would see her face so often. Please I think she’s one of the biggest one. But yeah prayer is the key, God still loves them and all of you repent for the day is coming that the judgement will be released. Please stay faithfull and keep… Read more »

CHICA101

While I do believe that sex sells…there are many artists that did not go the slutty route to become successful..ie Kelly Clarkson, Jennifer Hudson, Adele, Pink, Gwen Stefani etc. Perhaps its just as much about her own personal self image and esteem, talent, and record label. She acts as if she doesn't have a choice of being the type artist she aspires to be and perhaps that has been to her detriment! She needs to stand her ground. Nobody forced her to join a group called "Pussycat" Dolls…a burlesque group that wears lingerie. wth???!!!

RealizeTruth

well, i don't know what's happening with Nicole, but I do know that after her departure from the PCD I haven't heard anything from her in a while. I guess she's trying to find herself and is realizing that she's getting older and compromising her morals and integrity for fame and fortune isn't the route (bummer.)
I hope that she can make a comeback, if it's in God's will for her.

littlestmermaid

maybe it has already been mentioned but I thought I might throw it out there… nicole's old group days of the new has faced some issues of their own. frontman travis meeks in particular was featured on a&e's "intervention" in 2005. it was a haunting episode, showing the decay of a clearly talented man due to his addiction to meth. most people haven't heard of days of the new, sad that the guy is probably more famous for one episode of that show than his music career at all. wonder if his issues were more related to getting into the… Read more »

Wusup

It's easy to sell your soul, but its hard not to.

That's why I would rather cut my wrist than sell my soul, I would rather literally eat pig poop than sell my soul, I would decline a trillion dollars if it meant my soul would be sold. I would never ever ever sell my soul no matter what the circumstance.

Ryan David

its seems alot of people here believe in a literal hell and an embodiment of the devil? am i right?

Ms. Adventure

Do you mean a literal pit of fire and mayhem where "bad" people go when they die to spend the rest of eternity? Maybe, maybe not. Do you mean a real-life hell where pop-stars and other members of the hoi-polloi have to sacrifice their free will, their minds, their ideas, and maybe even their loved-ones? Where someone's actions are constantly monitored and their life is not their own? Where cameras follow them around, gossip rags show their every flaw, and handlers control their every move? Where the label execs (analogous to the devil) take the lion's share of the money,… Read more »