Muse’s “The Handler” : A Song about a Mind Control Slave Singing to His Handler

Muse’s The Handler is one of the most obvious music videos about Monarch mind control ever created. However, it takes some basic knowledge on the subject to understand the true meaning of the video. Here’s a closer look at The Handler.

Muse’s lead singer Matt Bellamy was never a stranger to themes relating to the occult elite and mind control. The band’s 2009 album The Resistance contained titles such as Uprising and MKULTRA which alluded obscure topics relating to conspiracy theories. After the success of that album, Muse obtained some music industry recognition, participated in the 2012 Olympics Closing Ceremonies (which were a big occult elite ritual – read my article about it here) and, since then, the band’s message somewhat shifted. Indeed, Matt Bellamy went from stating in 2006:

“September 11 is clearly an inside job, there’s massive evidence that suggests that it was either allowed to happen or even worse, deliberately made to happen”
– Drowned in Sound, Muse’s Matt Bellamy: “September 11 is clearly an inside job”.

to flip-flopping on the subject in 2012 :

“I don’t believe that anymore,  although there are lots of questions to be answered. I still read a lot about political history, the influence of corporations and the military but I make sure I’m reading from credible sources. I think my political views are bit more nuanced now.”
– Metro, Muse’s Matt Bellamy: It’s only now I feel comfortable singing about love

These kinds of statements, combined with a more subdued second album lead fans to wonder if the band “sold out” to the music business.

However, the band’s latest album, Drones, brings Muse back to its “Resistance” roots, and goes even further down the rabbit hole. Drones is indeed a concept album that “follows the protagonist’s journey from abandonment to indoctrination as a “human drone” and eventual defection”.

Matt Bellamy described Drones as an album about the dehumanization of modern warfare:

“To me, drones are metaphorical psychopaths which enable psychopathic behaviour with no recourse. The world is run by drones utilising drones to turn us all into drones. This album explores the journey of a human, from their abandonment and loss of hope, to their indoctrination by the system to be a human drone, to their eventual defection from their oppressors.”
– Gigwise, Muse announce Drones album and UK Psycho tour

The album cover of Drones depicts an unseen puppet master controlling a drone who is controlling the masses of drones.
The album cover of Drones depicts an unseen puppet master controlling a drone who is controlling masses of drones.

The sixth song of the album, entitled The Handler, describes the protagonist’s indoctrination … and this indoctrination is clearly accomplished through Monarch mind control  (if you don’t know what I’m referring to, read this article first). The vocabulary of the song and the symbolism of the video could not be clearer, making The Handler one of the clearest references to Monarch programming in popular culture to date. Let’s look at the video.

The Handler

The song is about an MK slave singing to his handler. Right from the start, the lyrics refer to trauma-based mind control.

You (you, you)
Were my oppressor
And I (I, I)
I have been programmed to obey

And now (now, now)
You are my handler
And I (I, I)
I will execute your demands

The handler was first the “oppressor” as he subjected the slave to unbearable pain, torture and trauma in order to induce dissociation. Once that is accomplished, the oppressor becomes the “handler” who programs an alter-persona that can be controlled at will.

In the video, a shady figure in a black hood plays the role of the handler. He’s sticking out of a strange structure which appears to be the brain of the slave. While the handler acts as the master of ceremonies, symbolic images rotate around the slave’s brain. All of them refer to Monarch programming – and many of them are actual MK trigger images.

As Muse sings about the Handler, a bunch of symbols appear around him. A moon crescent inside a cage represent the sleepiness and the imprisonment of the MK slave.
As Muse sings about the Handler, a bunch of symbolic characters move in front of him. Here, a moon crescent inside a cage represent the imprisonment of the MK slave.
Then Alice in Wonderland appears. This fairytale is used by MK handlers to program slaves as they are encouraged to "follow the white rabbit through the looking glass" towards total dissociation.
Then Alice in Wonderland appears. This fairytale is used by MK handlers to program slaves as they are encouraged to “follow the white rabbit through the looking glass” towards dissociation.
Here we see Minnie Mouse (a reference to Mickey Mouse programming) and a chest full of Monarch butterflies flying around. Cannot get more obvious than this.
Here we see Minnie Mouse (a reference to Mickey Mouse programming) and, left of it, a chest full of Monarch butterflies flying around. Pinocchio also later makes an appearance. The story of the wooden puppet created by a puppeteer who turns into a “real boy” resonates deeply in MK programming.

Another item waltzing in front of the handler is a teddy bear. Plush toys and pets are often given to slaves so they can bond with them and get some comfort … have them live the trauma of losing a loved one. We’ll later see how this plays out in the video.

The lyrics of the song mention the key steps of Monarch programming. The chorus alludes to the ultimate goal of Monarch programming: dissociation.

Leave me alone
I must disassociate from you

The word "dissociate" appears in large letters above a shady handler while Alice in Wonderland twirls around. This could not be more MKULTRA-related.
The word “dissociate” appears in large letters above a shady handler while Alice in Wonderland twirls around. This could not be more MKULTRA-related.

After being subjected to intense trauma and torture, MK slaves are pushed towards dissociation – it is a natural defense mechanism of the brain when faced to unbearable trauma.  After dissociation, handlers have “access” to the slave’s brain and can create programmable alter-personas.

The second verse of the song relates to the state of the slave after programming.

Behold my transformation

The lyrics video tells us that "behold my transformation" is actually Trance Formation which is a reference to the book Trance Formation of America by Cathy O'Brian.
The video spells out “transformation” as  Trance Formation. It is a reference to the book Trance Formation of America by Cathy O’Brien.

Trance Formation of America is one of the first books ever to reveal the Monarch mind control system used by the occult elite. In her biography, O’Brien writes:

“I have prepared this book for your review and edification concerning a little known tool that “our” United States Government is covertly, illegally, and un-constitutionally using to implement the New World Order (One World Government). This well documented tool is a sophisticated and advanced form of behavior modification (brainwashing) most commonly known as MIND CONTROL. My first hand knowledge of this TOP SECRET U.S. Government Psychological Warfare technique is drawn from my personal experience as a White House “Presidential Model” mind-control slave.”

The rest of the second verse describes the powerlessness of a programmed MK slave who cannot help but to obey to the handler’s orders. The slave is a stranger in his own mind.

And you are empowered to do as you please
My mind was lost in translation
And my heart has become a cold and impassive machine

The third verse is about the slave rebelling and attempting to break from his programming.

I won’t let you control my feelings anymore
And I will no longer do as I am told
And I am no longer afraid to walk alone
Let me go
Let me be
I’m escaping from your grip
You will never own me again

During the third verse, things change in the mind of the slave : There is no more cage imprisonning the moon, the Monarch butterflies are free from the chest and the handler is dead.
During the third verse, things change in the mind of the slave: The moon is free from its cage, the Monarch butterflies are free from the chest and the handler is dead.

However, like most stories about Monarch programming, victory is mere illusion.

As the camera zooms out, we see another, larger handler above the dead handler. In the MK system, there are  multiple levels of handlers. Most MK handlers are slaves themselves who are used to carry out the dirty work as superior level handlers oversee the entire process. Notice how the teddy bear now hangs upside down.

In Conclusion

The Handler is one of the most blatant music videos about Monarch mind control in popular culture. However, contrary to other MK-themed pop videos described on this site, the narrative of Muse’s story does not glorify Monarch programming, it goes against it. Does that mean that, despite being signed to a major label, Muse is anti-elite and anti-establishment?

Well, that’s not clear.  As stated in an article in Pseudo-Occult media, there’s a duality that permeates the message and the symbolism of Muse’s works. On one hand, some of their work has a rebellious and revolutionary message but, on the other hand, the band ultimately just adds more occult elite noise in mass media, albeit with a slightly different perspective. While the symbolism of The Handler could not be clearer for someone who knows about Monarch mind control, it still goes way above the heads of regular viewers (read the YouTube comments of the video, you’ll understand).

In the end, the work of Muse accomplishes what symbolism does best: It reveals to those in the know and conceals from those who are not. For this reason, it is up to us to be vigilant citizens and understand what mass media is trying to sell us. Otherwise, we will turn into drones who are controlled by other drones.

136 Comments on "Muse’s “The Handler” : A Song about a Mind Control Slave Singing to His Handler"

1 year 3 months ago

The more you know, the crazier you look.

1 year 3 months ago

I'd rather be a crazy conspiracy realist than a unknowing, willing puppet of the NWO!!!

1 year 3 months ago

This is a great article, all of them are, but this one in particular lacks a little bit of context to my view. That is, the whole album's context. It consists on a conceptual story which does not end with the defection of the protagonist but rather with successful programmation ultimately making him become the ultimate new world order dictator (see "The Globalist"). I believe MUSE has become the ultimate anti-illuminati product made by the illuminati. Propaganda disguised as protest. It was once my favourite band ever, but this album does not seem right in comparison with the first ones. I will try to make a detailed analisys on the album, if I get to make some time.

1 year 3 months ago
To my view, Muse, once my favourite band EVER, has become the anti-illuminati product made by the illuminati. That is, propaganda disguised as protest. I carefully listened to the whole album even one day before the very first day it came out, and to me it seemed like they are actually the most shameless illumanti band ever. I love every article I read in this amazing site so far, but I think this one in particular is lacking some context. That is, the context of the whole album, you should check some of the artwork, really scary. The conceptual story does not end with the protagonist's defection, but rather with successful programation. I posted a small analysis on the Youtube comments, but it got little attention. As this article states, most listeners do not take Muse's messages very seriously. This was my Youtube comment: "So what I think, this is… Read more »
1 year 3 months ago
Note that it is not just symbolism we have to be leery of. In 1939, through various funding, the Rockefeller foundation was successfully able to change the standard musical tuning of A = 432 to A = 440. The current tuning of music based on A=440 Hz does not harmonize on any level that corresponds to cosmic movement, rhythm, or natural vibration. Mozart and Verdi both based their music on natural vibration, and A=432 was nicknamed the ‘Verdi tuning.’ Most western music, including popular New Age music is still tuned at unnatural A=440Hz. The difference between A=440 Hz and A=432 Hz is only 8 vibrations per second, but it is a perceptible difference in the human consciousness experience. According to preliminary research, analysis, and professional discussions by Walton, Koehler, Reid, et al., on the web, A=440Hz frequency music conflicts with human energy centres (i.e., chakras) from the heart to the… Read more »
1 year 3 months ago

Great post. Everyone should be aware of this.

1 year 2 months ago
Thank you. I will research this more. I had previously read a little about such things. It appears modern researchers are proving and finally catching up to what ancient sages have taught for millenia—that our body responds to vibration and that the trillions of cells inside of us form one grand symphony of sound… Mayan's Science Of Cosmic Manifestation may be basically outlined as follows: 1. Primal or Pure Consciousness. The realm of Absolute Source or the beginning of all manifestation. 2. Feeling Waves, Thought Patterns, and Word Forms, through spontaneous, harmonious expression equate to organized thought. The movement of consciously ordered thought is the primal power of creation. Pulse exists as the energy inherent within feeling waves and thought patterns. 3. Pulse or Cosmic Time. The origin of vibration. Pulse = time = space. Pulse = Vibration. 4. Vibration, through frequency, form, and sequence, is the foundation of sacred… Read more »
1 year 3 months ago

Matt Bellamy probably didn't sell out to the music industry, he was no doubt forced to retract his 9/11 statement, because of his relationship with Kate Hudson. I believe he was told that he would lose his child and have his band name smeared and his reputation trashed. Then he was sent to 'rehab' to be re-programmed after being given all the drugs he wanted to addle his mind and make him more pliable/malleable
By the looks of it, the illuminati did a good job!

10 months 17 days ago

Muse are mocking those who sing along with their music. They are definitely not nice / good people. Listen to their music in the frame of mind that you are being mocked and you will get it where they come from. They think people are too asleep to be aware of their mockery. They are EVIL from the get-go.

1 year 2 months ago
I think they've always been involved from the very beginning. The song Showbiz says it all: Controlling my feelings far too long Forcing our darkest souls to unfold And pushing us into self destruction They make me Make me dream your dreams They make me Make me scream your screams Honestly, I feel like they're just 3 dudes. They try to inspire people sometimes with songs like Butterflies and Hurricanes and Invincible. Wouldn't doubt if Matt was trying to scare or put people on edge with songs like Micro Cuts. They're obviously involved in the occult though. Matt attempts to talk to the dead, that's a form of necromancy. He wore a shirt with Aleister Crowleys' face superimposed to a Quija board on a televised performance. I wouldn't necessarily say that those facts make them evil though. To many non-christians that's odd but not the worst. Their music does seem… Read more »
1 year 2 months ago

Once Matt started dating the Hollywood trash I knew somethin' was up. Besides, it's really impossible to be as popular and HUGE as they are without selling out.

1 year 3 months ago

What a load of twaddle. Mat Bellamy has been a conspiracy theorist for years, and he tries to tell people of the happenings through his music. Just look at the cover of the album! Look at the name of the live album they made back in 2001! Listen to the lyrics on the Black holes, Resistance and 3rd Law LPs. I have known Matt and Chris for 20 year. When We used to gig together as kids he was into it then. Read between the lines. He is informing you. Nothing more sinister than that.

1 year 3 months ago

Yah, but it's obvious Muse is creating these lyrics from a perspective of knowing, rather than from under control.

1 year 3 months ago

Don't read this article if you're going to bed! This is creepy

3 months 4 days ago
Man, I can’t believe they’re just OPENLY SAYING IT NOW, in our faces!!! I mean, “You (you, you) Were my oppressor And I (I, I) I have been programmed to obey And now (now, now) You are my handler And I (I, I) I will execute your demands” ????????!!!! And people STILL don’t get it? Listen, Vigilant Citizen, thank you SO MUCH for decoding all these horrid things for us! I’ve been wondering for a while if these endless victims THEMSELVES realize that they’re mind control slaves and that they’re being brainwashed? Do they EVEN KNOW what they’re signing about and what their videos are about? Do they realize that they’re being manipulated and used as puppets? Do they have any power to object/resist? Do they ever, ever get to be THEMSELVES? How are they with their families? Do they/can they share with anyone, or do they literally become like… Read more »
Barbara Grizzle
8 months 7 days ago

Haven’t seen this video but I can so relate about the music about everything it’s a heavy load on the brain

8 months 9 days ago

Another good take. Thanks for enlightening those with closed minds.

1 year 2 months ago
This certainly gives us a new perspective on the band. We had no idea they were so mainstream. When we first heard their "MKULTRA" we thought, "Oh, how charitable of them to sympathize!" But if they've been through that themselves, and are having to channel any and all opinions into defeatist music videos, no one knows where the heck they stand on the whole deranged agenda. Probably including themselves. It does give me hope for other artists to know how our own system operated. We had the fronters tasked with infiltrating the Christian church by being genuine Christians; we had coauthors helping them write interesting fantasy novels; and we had internal puppet masters posing as "God" in order to control the fronters, give them a false idea of what the religion is actually like, and guide the novels into subtly promoting occult practices in a way that would appeal to… Read more »
1 year 3 months ago

Muse were good and somewhat antiestablishment years ago, then they started to fall off and become irrlelvent as happens to most bands when they get older. The lead singer then started speaking honestly about 9/11 and regained some spotlight then they were clearly made a deal around the 2012 olympics and they sold out. They got another boost of fame and sales, in return the elites avoided having a famous focal point which might wake the masses up. It's so obvious.

Please analyze Justin Bieber's new video for where are you now!!! Thanks VC 🙂

1 year 3 months ago

First off I watched the video. If you did too you will see that the public was given frames to put their fan art on them. Once I slowed down the video I saw alot of interesting things like Bush did 9/11, an all seeing eye with a pyramid, phone numbers, instagram links, aliens, and other random stuff. One frame had justin with an illuminati shirt on. And why not? It's their art. Alot of people are obsessed with this crap now because it is out in the open and everywhere. I would have loved to have done a frame myself. Sounds like you're taking the video a little too serious. Relax.

1 year 3 months ago

Just hope that Muse not join the VEVO artist. I just can't believe them.

1 year 3 months ago

Watch Muse – Mercy Official Lyric Video. Its all about the merry-go-round, pyramid, puppeting, one eye, cctv, dark. Just creepy.

1 year 3 months ago

your website is so powerful. I learned a lot. Thank you so much !!

ps: You should do an analysis of the new Rihanna video ( Bitch Better Have My Money ), it's really creepy ..

Kiss from France 😉

1 year 3 months ago

There isn't really much to analyze there…. its just pure corrupted trash/ violence/ drugs. The new Justin Bieber video on the other hand deserves an analysis. there are literally tons of hidden symbols!!

1 year 3 months ago

Amazing lyrics of the song by Rihanna. I've never read so sound lyrics. It must be a poet the writer of the lyrics.

1 year 3 months ago

They couldn't have made it more "Hidden in plain sight" if they tried.

1 year 3 months ago

What a gorgeous song (about MK Ultra), I felt very hypnotized especially during the guitar solo. Hmmm like it's meant to get to the listener in some creepy way. With that handler-dude staring at us at the end. But I could be paranoid

1 year 3 months ago
As a north American, muse never really made it big until one of their.songs was featured in the first twilight movie , this only happened because the author of the twilight book series, stephenie meyer, said her favorite band was muse. Muse has upward of 9 albums. From a personal and logical perspective , I think they are freedom fighters , but once they were noticed and brought into main stream media they had to retract their statements of 9-11, because they were being watched so closely all of the sudden. It was the smart thing to do unless they want their plane to mysteriously crash on a tour. They know they're being watched and must play by the rules in order to keep their popularity and also in order.for their message to be more widely heard. Sure the main masses just bop their head blindly in unison, but I… Read more »
1 year 2 months ago

The author of Twilight likes them? Enough said.

1 year 3 months ago

They also have a song called "MK Ultra"
The lyrics:
The wavelength gently grows,
Coercive notions re-evolve,
A universe is trapped inside a tear,
It resonates the core,
Creates unnatural laws,
Replaces love and happiness with fear

How much deception can you take?
How many lies will you create?
How much longer until you break?
Your minds about to fall

And they are breaking through,
They are breaking through,
Now were falling,
We are losing control

Invisible to all,
The mind becomes a wall.
All of history deleted with one stroke

How much deception can you take?
How many lies will you create?
How much longer until you break?
Your minds about to fall

And they are breaking through,
They are breaking through,
Now were falling,
We are losing control

1 year 3 months ago

Probably been pointed out that Muse have had 7 studio albums and a live album called HAARP.Started getting into conspiracy issues with 2003's Absoloution album.