Satanic Temple Looking to Build Statue of Baphomet at Oklahoma State Capitol

satan_statue

Rendering of the proposed statue

The Satanic Temple, a New York-based organization, unveiled designs for a seven foot-tall Baphomet statue to be placed at the Oklahoma State Capitol. The statue features Baphomet sitting on a throne adorned with an inverted pentagram flanked by two smiling children. (Maybe I should point out that the Caduceus rising from Baphomet’s lap also represents an erect phallus, which makes the whole children thing quite inappropriate).

According to Temple spokesman:

“The monument has been designed to reflect the views of Satanists in Oklahoma City and beyond. The statue will also have a functional purpose as a chair where people of all ages may sit on the lap of Satan for inspiration and contemplation.”
– CBS New York, N.Y. Group Applies To Build Satan Statue At Oklahoma State Capitol

The Satanic Temple stated that it has raised the necessary funds for the erection of the statue and it is now looking for approval from Oklahoma legislature.

In all honesty, I do not believe that this statue will ever be approved, mainly because officials would not want to deal with the public outcry. I also do not believe that the Satanic Temple expects its design to be approved neither. It is probably a publicity stunt and a way of protesting the placement of a privately-funded monument of the 10 Commandments in 2012 on State Capitol grounds.

If one looks closer at this monument of the Ten Commandments, one can understand why it was approved and why it is standing at the State Capitol today.

The Commandments are topped by the All-Seeing Eye inside a triangle, symbol of the occult elite.

Odd fact: The monument contains two glaring misspellings.

587213-38f728c0-7744-11e3-ad16-5b01da53a32e

In any case, Baphomet is the main figure representing the beliefs of the occult elite and has been for centuries. I do not doubt that, behind closed doors, powerful people would love to see this monument placed at the State Capitol. While a statue ofBaphomet sitting next to children with a symbolic erection might appear to be a horrible aberration to most, it is probably the most honest representation of what the occult elite truly stands for.

459 Comments on "Satanic Temple Looking to Build Statue of Baphomet at Oklahoma State Capitol"

mark
1 year 11 months ago

i called the stae cap building in OK. they said its still in the process of consideration. how do u confirm this stuff

D'bearo

I tried to read all the posts but I may have missed some. Nobody I read has said anything about the difference between a monument representing a list of rules that our laws are based on and a monument representing a deity or demon or whatever. It's not a nativity scene or replica of the Pieta or a statue of Jesus vs Baphomet. It's a list of rules that gives some historical reference to what our civilization began with. Just curious what the various opinions on that might be.

otl888

Why do Satanists (and atheists) expend so much time, energy and money trying to debunk something that they believe does not exist?
I don't believe in elves, Zeus, zombies, the Tooth Fairy, or Peter Pan, so I wouldn't spend one second of my time and certainly not one cent of my money, trying to convince the world that these creatures aren't real.
If God doesn't exist, why do Satanists (and certain groups of atheists) waste so much time and money fighting something that they view as mere myth?

steve

Can someone show me where the bible describes Satan as baphomet. No you can't it describes him as a man. Read isaiah. Fools will believe anything. I bet you all are afraid of the boogeyman as well.

steve

Really? You people define the world very narrowly. Not everyone is a Christian nor does everyone believe in your devil.

javieau

USA is the one chosen to prepare The Antichrist….Let see what happens next to done that Agenda.

carolina

i don't like to say this but did you know that the catholic religion its also control by the free-masons, Really the pope and all in the vatican use hats with figure of a fish or a reptile you look out at the white hats that they use with sharp-pointed ends and of course the illuminati (aka) free masons control almost everything they are 1% that control the world its not breaking news

TelluluSnape
If they are going to keep the ten commandments up there, then yes I hope this statue gets put up. I hope the Hindu's get private funds and put there gods up, and Muslims, and Buddhists, fair is fair right. See that is why there is separation of church and state. People try to find loopholes for the gov to support only one religion and good on the Satanist for finding away to say 'hey, if they get to put up the commandments then we should be allowed to put up this statue.' I hope all religious people of all… Read more »
SeparateChurchNstate

I don't support this statue being placed on public property just as I don't support the installation of any religious symbols on public property. If you are going to allow Christian symbols then you need to allow all other religions the same right. This statue makes the problem. I'm no satanist but I believe they have just as much right to freedom of religion as any other. Christians love to force their religion on everyone. Religion has no place in our government. Anyone that believes in freedom should be able to see this.

Sophii
America is not a CHRISTIAN country. It is a FREE country, which is why people from all over the world come to live here. The government in no way should be More favorable of one religion than the other. Separation of Church and State ARE the issue here. Ever think that maybe the people who want this statue up saw the 10 commandments statue and decided to prove a point? Why that and not the other? Leave religion out of this because it is not actually a deeply religious issue, the issue here is freedom. Using "well God said…" as… Read more »
toe
You shouldn't limit God to he… and I don't know if God said anything that comes from the bible. If we are talking about the being that is our own consciousness itself, how could we possibly limit the creator to a he? God is male and female…. hes all and one… the moment we try to think of God as anything, we limit and fallback onto limitation of who God really is, and that is not describable by words… we have an idea of what all these images represent…. all mythological and religious text put together the whole microcosm of… Read more »
skuts

They already have a statue. The colossal statue of Lucifer in NY Harbor.

Rodney

Hypocrisy much? It seems the separation of church and state is perfectly acceptable so long as the only ones erecting religious propaganda at government buildings are christians. NONE of this superstitious BS should be anywhere near a tax-payer funded establishment. Religion is personal – keep it that way.

s3v3ri7y

Thank you for saying what is only logical and fair… geeze the christo-paranoid nutjobs are everywhere here…

TxY
I used to come on this site all the time and then I realized how it flashes just as many (if not MORE) of these images than any media/site/etc. I don't understand the hatred people have, not as many people are "sheeple" as some of you call it. If you truly have so much faith and respect for others you wouldn't have to belittle opinions or talk about how dumb everyone else is. I'm not saying I disbelieve any of it or believe it. Just because people disagree with others being satanists doesn't mean we all have the right to… Read more »
ChildofIsis

BluBoy

But yet you took the time and effort and to come on this website and scan through all the comments and state……. "because you will never force your belief on me"…..Hahaha Bye Troll.

s3v3ri7y

your inverse logic is fallacious and wickedly entertaining BluBoy.

BluBoy

This Statue just confirms the Elite's so called worship of the Horned "God". The Knights Templars used to worship Baphomet/Goat.

I particularly enjoyed reading "Sunshine Mama's" posts, very interesting and they stood out to me.

will

if they build this within 24 hours
some high school kids will have it in the corner of there garage
playing death metal and passing around a dubie
with there new statue

efrhen
Funny when you hear about "Freedom of Religion" The founders of our country did not mean freedom of operation for any group of any faith when they spoke of religious freedom; what they meant was freedom for Christians to practice any reasonable form of Christian faith. The word “religion” then meant what we mean by “denomination” today. We must not as a nation endorse Islam or Satanism or Buddhism or any other non-Christian religion today because they are systems antithetical to the culture, freedoms, and laws of America. There are Buddhist, Muslim, and Atheist countries that people of those faiths… Read more »
choochoorocket

Why shouldn't they build this? America was founded on the freedom to practice whatever religion we want to. In all honesty Satanists are historically less violent, less murderous and less prone to genocide than Christians and Muslims.

C0ckles

it would be interesting if this opinion could be validated, oh wait it's the occult and therefore their practices 'hidden' so I guess we will never know.

Divine Messenger

Sit on his lap children. Parents, Does this remind you of Santa? (Satan). GOD will NOT be mocked. Evil ones, Keep thinking you are getting away with your blasphemy. Read your bibles people. You shall soon see history repeat itself. Look to see what happened at the Tower Of Babel, etc…. !!! FIRE will destroy evil once and for all!!!

Master´s Emissar

It´s only the beginning, The master will rule over Earth!!!

Bekah

I live in Oklahoma and the Ten Commandment display was put up for a vote. Satanism dispaly could be too I guess.

mask

Man I am just trying to remain positive as of late. If I keep a positive mind no kind of negative anything will be able to disturb me. I beleive there is an almighty power. We just dont know its story. The statue kind of creeps me out but who am i to say what people choose to believe is wrong?

Aaron

Lol, i find it funny how a lot of you are offended. I say this statue is a really great idea not only does this show freedom of religion but it shows that christianity isn't the only religion that reigns in the U.S after all christianity would not have gotten this big if it had not been for al those innocent people they killed and forced to believe. So when you call this "wrong" , "disgusting" , or "offensive" think about what your religion has done.

jack

Speechless.

cbnaloemask

Some comments here are more creepy and distracted than the articles …