Lana Del Rey Says She Wants to Join the 27 Club

ultraviolance
In an interview with The Guardian, Lana Del Rey said: “I wish I was dead already”, citing Amy Winehouse and Kurt Cobain as heroes. Both of them died at age 27. While this worrying statement might be a sick way to gain publicity and consolidate her “dark and edgy” aura, it is also representative of what the “Lana Del Rey persona” is about : Sex Kitten Programming.

After a failed attempt to launch a musical career as Lizzie Grant, the singer underwent a “re-tooling” period where she got a new name, a new persona and a rumored plastic surgery to then re-emerge as Lana Del Rey. She then signed with Interscope Records – home of countless other Mind Control-themed artists. Her second album Born to Die was received with great enthusiasm by her fans and heavy criticism by her detractors who claim she is “fake”.

Going beyond the “real or fake” debate, a common thread found across her work is MK Ultra and Beta Programming (to know more about this, read this article).

In the video National Anthem, Lana plays the role of Marilyn Monroe singing Happy Birthday to JFK. As noted in several previous articles, Marilyn Monroe is the prototype of Beta Programming and served as JFK's slave for several years.

In the video National Anthem, Lana reenacts Marilyn Monroe singing Happy Birthday to JFK. As noted in several previous articles, Marilyn Monroe is the prototype of Beta Programming and served as JFK’s slave for several years.

In the video Ride, Lana finds "happiness" by getting intimate with a bunch of strangers who do not seem to care too much about her. While the video was accused of glamorizing prostitution, it also describes the strange mental state of a Beta Kitten.

In the video Ride, Lana finds “happiness” by getting following a bunch of strangers who do not seem to care too much about her. While the video was accused of glamorizing prostitution, it also describes the strange mental state of a Beta Kitten.

In the short movie Tropico, Lana's father is John Wayne, her mother is Marilyn Monroe and her best friend is Jesus Christ. She then bites the apple of original sin (which might refer to initiation into MK Ultra) and turns into a stripper/prostitute/ Beta Kitten.

In the short movie Tropico, Lana’s father is Elvis, her mother is Marilyn Monroe (Beta Slaves are obsessed with Monroe) and her best friend is Jesus Christ. As Eve, she  bites the apple of original sin (which might refer to introduction into MK Ultra) and turns into a stripper/prostitute/ Beta Kitten.

Her third album is entitled Ultraviolence, which is a reference to Stanley Kubrick’s classic movie A Clockwork Orange. In the movie, ultra-violence refers to the Alex DeLarge’s favorite pastime: Getting intoxicated, sadistically beating up innocent people and raping women. Alex is “cured” by the Minister of the Interior with “aversion therapy” which include mind control techniques such as drugging the subject, strapping him to a chair, propping his eyelids open, and forcing him to watch images of violence. Was  “ultra” in the word “ultra-violence” a way for Kubrick to reference MK-Ultra?

The subject matter in her new album is a continuation of her Beta Slave persona. For example, in the title track Ultraviolence, Lana sings “you’re my cult leader” to her abuser; In the song F-cked My Way Up to the Top, Lana prettymuch describes what entertainment industry Kittens are about.

Lana’s recent interview with The Guardian is also in line with her Beta Slave persona.

Joining Club 27?

From the article:

“I wish I was dead already,” Lana Del Rey says, catching me off guard. She has been talking about the heroes she and her boyfriend share – Amy Winehouse and Kurt Cobain among them – when I point out that what links them is death and ask if she sees an early death as glamorous. “I don’t know. Ummm, yeah.” And then the death wish.

Don’t say that, I say instinctively.

“But I do.”

You don’t!

“I do! I don’t want to have to keep doing this. But I am.”

Do what? Make music?

“Everything. That’s just how I feel. If it wasn’t that way, then I wouldn’t say it. I would be scared if I knew [death]was coming, but …”

In my article entitled, Amy Winehouse and Club 27 I explained how Amy Winehouse’s death was extremely suspicious and how the Club 27 phenomenon is accentuated because many industry victims get “shut down” at around the age of 30. The fact that Lana Del Rey sees “glamor” in this almost makes one wonder if she was programmed to believe that.

Later in the interview, Lana is rather negative about her life and her musical career, as if she was forced into a bunch of things.

“Family members will come on the road with me and say: ‘Wow, your life is just like a movie! And I’m like: ‘Yeah, a really f-cked-up movie.’ I didn’t have a home, didn’t know my social security number” and says she wasn’t in contact with her parents for about six years.

About her music business career, she states:

“I never felt any of the enjoyment. It was all bad, all of it.”

While it is possible that Lana is truly depressed, interviews that appear when a new album is released are often very well orchestrated. Whether or not the interview was a promotional stunt to get people talking about how edgy she is, it is nevertheless a continuation of the Beta Kitten persona associated with Lana Del Rey along with the glamorization of self-destructive behavior often found in her works.

226 Comments on "Lana Del Rey Says She Wants to Join the 27 Club"

Marcusbossendorfer

F**ked her way to the top? Hmm I heard her billionaire daddy moved heaven and earth several times so little princess could be a pop star. I wouldn't care so much if it weren't for the continuous lies about she was just some kid in her bedroom who became an 'internet sensation' albeit one with a huge team of corporate insiders and several failed launches. NEXT!

pearlismyname
8 months 24 days ago
You know, one year ago I just loved all Lana's songs and could listen them every day. But sometimes later I started to notice that when I listened to her songs strange and bad things happened to me. Like her songs were programmed for something dark and mysterious. At that time I didn't even think about illuminati and etc., but this was real. It was my intuition, something from the inside told me to stop. I think all of these illuminati sponsored songs are somehow programmed for destruction and degradation. They don't have soul. They encourage you to lose your… Read more »
Lindsay

I've always been trying to avoid this stuff because I want to be an actress but this site really scares but I can't look away. I'm 14 and all my friends were obsessed with her and when one of my friends showed me Summertime Sadness (I think) there was something really off about her, like her stares looked somewhat blank and everything she did seemed forced.

del
2 months 12 days ago

You don’t want to be an actress.

vigil

I think that this is a cry for help. We don't and probably will never truly understand what really goes on in the industry. We are looking in from the outside. I look at some of these artists and feel bad because it's like, yeah some of them probably did know what they were doing. Well, there were things we did in our life where we knew what we were doing but we got a second chance and I feel like they should too. It's really sad what the industry does to these people.

Arella
Have you considered that they may not want second chances. One of our friends was in a well known punk band and he is now receiving chemo for cancer. However, no repentance is forthcoming even though it has knocked him for six. He blamed 'God' for his woes early on and blames 'God' for his current illness. However, he hails and praises Lucifer. I have seen him do this from his hospital band on the Solstice which is when I realized that they very much wish to live and die by that sword. So, maybe, we should leave them to… Read more »
shesalady

Hmmm….well, I'll switch lives with you, sugar bug, if your life is so bad. You can come to my job and be bored out of your mind and treated like crap by people who are about 20 IQ points less intelligent than you are, then go home to drudgery and I will live a glamorous life with a handsome boyfriend, lots of money, beautiful clothing and getting to do just what I love to do – sing and make music. Somehow, I really do not feel too sorry for poor old Lana.

Lilia

she is just a big gimmick. nothing about her is real. she is just a promotional, molded gimmick. is she allowed to be a human? what is her personality? i dont think she even knows?

Lifting The Veil
1 year 3 months ago

With so many celebrities that seem to go thru this kind of mind programming, do these celebrities ever do googles? Or they are just so isolated and controlled, they do not get exposed to this information? The more i read about Mk Ultra, the more explains so many of the behaviors of child celebrities. I do believe it's a legit, sub-culture within the entertainment industry.

nope
1 year 4 months ago

Just gonna point out that Anthony Burgess wrote A Clockwork Orange, and he coined the term ultraviolence… and all the reprogramming shit that happens in the film is as described in the book. J/S

onedaytradeleft

never heard of her before…
No doubt you guys have found a good way of promoting new pop stars lol

Deanna Duncan

Praying for her now…there IS a way out! Holy Bible King James version

DarkStarAz

Get back to me when you are twenty-six and a half…

Arella

She has admitted in an interview published today that she is effectively a Beta Kitten and the lyrics of that song reflected her own experience of being passed around the industry.

SamVuee

Probably why most MK victims never even reach the age of 30 but quite sad that Lana feels that way. All the more reason to say that the entertainment industry is nothing more than a death warrant placed on your own head courtesy of MK ultra and other "illuminating" matters.

Nancy

These people better live all they can in this life, because if this is true then their eternal life will be absolutlly terrible. They have to know what they are doing when they want all the fame money etc, is it worth it in the end?

Syd

Lana didn't actually say that. Apparently the media twisted what she said. She posted a rant about it on her twitter. I agree with the rest of the analysis, but the actual statement she "said" isn't true.

Mind's Eye

Sounds like she wants to go against the oath. Remember, Lana, it's blood in and blood out. Sad.

P2TP

Good article, as always.

In a follow up article from the guardian it appears Lana is not too happy about the interview
—-
In tweets posted on Thursday night, since deleted, the singer said: “I regret trusting the Guardian. I didn't want to do an interview but the journalist was persistent. Alexis (sic) was masked as a fan but was hiding sinister ambitions and angles. Maybe he's actually the boring one looking for something interesting to write about. His leading questions about death and persona were calculated.”
—- http://www.theguardian.com/music/musicblog/2014/j

dogg

Yeh, when I was a dumb 21 I thought I wanted to die at 27 like Jim Morrison. When I got to 27, I had different ideas about that.

Teresa Cooper
I think people like Lana Del Rey needs to focus on her career and if she was to get with people like Lady Gaga and make some music with other talents maybe then she would come to a place where she would not be wallowing in her own self pity. The self pity is what got to Kurt Cobain, Amy Winehouse, Jim Morrison, Marilyn Monroe, Drugs and alcohol is not for strong talented people, but it is for people who are weak and people that no one should even be admired. Drugs and alcohol ruins peoples lives. I am not… Read more »
Sanat Toma'
I submit the translation of Lana Del Rey is "Child of the King". Whereas ordinarily the translations of "Lana" and "Rey" should be limited to one language Spanish, where Lana would be translated "Wool" and Rey would be translated "King", these rules simply do not apply here. This name Lana Del Rey is completely manufactured from her Hollywood PR team as her name is in reality Elizabeth Grant as Vigilant Citizen has documented in this article. So when researching the word Lana's translation my first return results included Irish definition of Lana translating "Child" and Gaelic definition of Lana translating… Read more »
Kevin

Uh he turn 28, tommorrow

Bevin Chu
Creative artists are often deeply troubled. That is no accident. Their wounds are often the very stimulus responsible for their enormous creativity. Their creative output is part of their struggle to make sense of their suffering. That is not a problem if their wounds were the result of the random and natural vicissitudes of life. Life can be hard. Hardship can often be the psychological wellspring of great art. The suffering may be regrettable, but there is no blame attached if the suffering was the result of natural circumstances. MK Ultra style abuse is a different matter altogether. If an… Read more »
chewbacca

also the representation of that suffering becomes trite since they're all experiencing the same thing and programmed to include the same occult themes. also the person, the seemingly interesting or glamorous character, becomes vain, if not vacuous, only filled with momentum.

Marymeansrebel

The character Lana Del Rey is a suicide trigger for her fan girls & boys.

DonaDiabla
Lana del Rey is crying out for help yet no one is listening to her. She has Kitten programming written all over her. Plus she reads many occult writers such as Eliphas Levi. Even her "Lizzy Grant"videos are full of occult symbols and perverse sexual images. I would think people would know she sings about perverse sexual fantasies, occult rituals, depression, MK-Ultra experiments, and other dark things. But I do have to admire the fact she is warning people about her true nature yet they are too naive to see it. If you do not believe me, than check out… Read more »
ATRXV

Can you look into JLo's new album titled "A.K.A."? It is obviously a reference to multiple personalities.