MTV UK’s “Paramore: Vital Statistics” is “Pop-Up Video” type show featuring Paramore music videos alongside facts about the band. During the video for Brick By Boring Brick (which I covered in the article entitled Paramore’s “Brick by Boring Brick”: A Song about Mind Control) a pop-up box says:

“What disturbing subject does this video show?”

Then the next box says:

“This video contains lots of mind control symbolism? As often seen with Lady Gaga and Rihanna too. See if you can spot them?”

Screenshot of "Paramore: Vital Statistics"

If we go past the bizarre use of question marks in this pop-up box, the fact that an official MTV show casually displays this information is quite a breakthrough. Up until now, mind control symbolism was never mentioned by any artist, by any MTV show or even by any music critic. The entire subject was considered to be taboo or completely “crazy”.

The pop-up also mention that mind control symbolism is “often seen” with the world’s biggest pop stars such as Lady Gaga and Rihanna, which is also quite notable as it supports the fact that the theme of mind control is widespread across popular culture.

156 Comments on "MTV’s “Paramore: Vitals Statistics” Mentions Mind Control Symbolism in Music Videos"

The crazy thing is The founders of Paramore left the band because the lead began to stray.

Josh and Zac Farro are Christians and serious believers in Christ. SO by this album they were fed up. A lot of subliminal messages in the music.

I'm pretty sure the person that uploaded the video to youtube put the pop up box on there, not anyone from MTV. Just saying! Love your site though!

Hmmm….Although it IS interesting that they'd say that, I have concocted a few theories (some that may have been said by other people, I'm not sure….Sorry, I don't really read comments). -They are making the thought of "Mind Control Symbolism" more comfortable. I have told many of my friends "look at this stuff! It's real!" Do they believe me? No. Everyone is in denial. BUT, this could play on that joke. "Where's the 'evil' symbolism? YOU'RE RIGHT, IT'S NOWHERE!" when, essentially….it's everywhere. Thus making people more subliminally programmed (especially when they make it into a game where you are left staring at the images, allowing it to embed into your brain without even knowing they are programming you) -They could be pointing it out because a majority of the masses are not educated by what evil symbols are portrayed. For example, that picture looked happy. There are colors, lights, butterflies,… Read more »
Katherine Elizebeth
I've been following VC for some time now. Things that are written within the articles makes complete sense….Perhaps I've been obsessive about this site, lol, but sometimes when reading the articles and comments I do forget who ultimately rules. 1John 5:19: "We know we originate with God, but the whole world is lying in the power of the wicked one." Plain and simple but it is a scripture that is ignored by many. This current system of things is ruled by gods greatest enemy. He has a hand in everything…entertainment, education, and politics. So it only makes sense that consistently today everything seems corrupt. Satan though has a short period of time. God, as loving as he is would never allow Satan to rule forever. As his time runs out though things will only get worse. I look forward to the conditions that revelation 21:4 brings out, "and he will… Read more »
5 years 1 day ago

I remember the band The Cure (who are really favorite band) admitted that they were trying to hypnotize their audience in a 1987 concert in France by flashing lights and lasers towards them when they played the Snakepit song (fr. Kiss Me, 3x album)…I guess, that is one clear example of mind controlling….

I cant find the video :/ I wanna see it!

SUCK THIS my friends who say I'm nuts and none of what I read here on VC is true!

Nicki Minaj is such a great role model for little girls. -_-

Nicki must be the ugliest, daftest & most irritating woman in showbiz.

Honestly I have to change radio stations because of her. Lucky us she's not popular or well-known where I live.

It seems we are the but of their jokes:

Syrus Magistus

You're having an effect on them, VC. It's the Law of Exponents at work!

Or maybe MTV just caught on to the popularity of sites like these and decided to capitalize on it by telling you what you want to hear.

jack Harome

so darn in my face! take i look! i cant believe i loved this cartoon and even drew the eye every where i was opsessed with it! take i look at this stuff!

<a href="” target=”_blank”>…” target=”_blank”>

Reading the comments on that post made me cringe.

From what I've seen, the Illuminati, mind control, subliminal messages, etc, has all become a trend at the school I attend. It's 'cool' to go around saying "I'm apart of the Illuminati" and then hold the 'okay' sign over your eye… Most people say it's a race thing, that only blacks do it. But I've seen almost every 'major' race do something similar to, if not do it.

Will their agenda succeed? If this keeps up, most certainly. Does everyone have to follow the agenda? Without the knowledge of what the agenda is, how do you know whether you're following it or not?

PERHAPS by pointing it out, "they" are reassuring the fact that yeah…they DO have mind-control symbolism… SO WHAT?! But they are still accomplishing their agenda because the young audience are STILL being exposed to the lyrics of the music as they look for the symbolism. Which IS the goal of the controllers right? How many times will the youth rewind and replay the video looking for clues of symbolism before the lyrics are successfully implanted into the conscious.

I am just wondering if these people have heard about sites like this and are doing these things just to get noticed. I mean is it possible that they know about Vigilant Citizen, infowars, ATS, etc and maybe poking fun at these sites and people who frequent them?

I believe it's a way to "help" people accept mind control as well as other ideologies/agendas. You've just been told your IDOL(s) have been glamourising these themes, for example. "But Lady Gaga is an amazing person. Oh… maybe she's talking about how the industry is controlled and stuff. But NO! Not Lady Gaga! You go girl!" "I'm an arrogant Eminem fan who will justify all his symbolism because I believe it's anti-industry despite the fact that he won't actually physically leave the industry or his lifestyle." Or simply "if it's such a bad thing, why would MTV just openly admit to it? Wouldn't they be trying to hide it? And it's not like they were hiding it before." Maybe it's just a way to keep fans distracted. A way to retain "I'm not watching MTV, it's all dark evil stuff." "Don't say that! They're addressing it, see? We should watch… Read more »

I think its a hacker but hey – good on them! hopefully it sparked sum minds to look it up but the majority wouldnt have a clue what to do with the imformation but discard it..

Okay, they are saying themselves that it contains mind control symbolism, do people STILL want to deny it??

I think this falls under the whole "Hidden in plain sight" or the need to reveal themselves in some way philosophy. Most people won't give that pop-up a second thought but they are saying right there that there are mind control references in the video and that its contained in other artists videos as well.

Lucy Line

It is not a breakthrough. They are MOCKING those who take the symbolism seriously. I take it very seriously, and I am ashamed that my fellow citizens would not see the undertone here. We are being mocked, plain and simple.

I agree! I see it as an attempt to discredit our viewpoint. I expect to see a lot more of this coming.

Not only this, sometimes the symbolism is so blatent; I wonder what motive the illuminati has to let us know whats going on.

I can not believe people are actually saying this pop up popped up on MTV to "mock us". Seriously? Look who we're talking about. MT freakin' V. Why would MTV even bother to do that. That's ridiculous.

Can someone put up a link for the video referred to in the VC article please?

can this be watched online? I'm a bit confused. this just ranomly popped up on live television?

is it part of the original video, or an edit by a worker for MTV? (Is "Vital statistics" a name of one of their songs/videos, or a special show MTV UK did about them)

CCCC, the show is called “Pop-Up Video” which plays different vids from different artists and during the videos, little trivia tidbits “pop up” on the screen. Its not part of the original video and was not a random occurrence on live TV. ” Vital Statistics” is the name of the Paramore song, not the shows title.

Sorry.. looks like i was wrong "Vital Statistics" is the name of the show… my bad!

A random thought

Oh dear could it be that mind control and such things have become part of popular culture even to the point of being COOL! this seems to be an attempt by the industry to turn bad publicity into good publicity, not that either seem to do them any damage as the saying goes 'all publicity is good publicity.'