The Washington Post on “Spy Bloggers” or Disinfo Agents

Mar 3rd, 2011 | Category: Latest News | 100 comments

The Washington Post published an interesting article on the U.S. Central Command’s infiltration of social media using fake personas.

Spy bloggers not ‘friending’ U.S. targets, Centcom says

The U.S. Central Command says its new “Persona” social media “infiltration” software is designed to cozy up to extremist bloggers overseas, not law-abiding Americans chatting on Facebook or similar sites.

Earlier this month, the Web buzzed with a report that the software was designed to “manage ‘fake people’ on social media sites and create the illusion of consensus on controversial issues,” implying that the Defense Department was targeting critics of the war in Afghanistan and other conflicts.

Further compounding a sinister view of the software was the discovery of e-mails from the head of a company implicated in “dirty tricks” against WikiLeaks founder Julian Assange and a pro-labor organization, which discussed how such technology could be used.

“There are a variety of social media tricks we can use to add a level of realness to all fictitious personas…” wrote Aaron Barr, the chief executive officer of HBGary Federal, a Colorado Springs company whose hacked e-mails revealed plans to attack critics of Bank of America and the U.S. Chamber of Commerce.

Barr resigned Feb. 28 “to allow the company to move on after an embarrassing data breach,” according to the technology Web site ThreatPost.

Centom’s June 22, 2010, contract, offered through the U.S. Air Force’s Air Mobility Command, specified that “Individual applications will enable an operator to exercise a number of different online persons from the same workstation and without fear of being discovered by sophisticated adversaries…while hiding the existence of the operation…and provid(ing) excellent cover and powerful deniability.”

“Individuals can perform static impersonations, which allow them to look like the same person over time,” the contract added. It “also allows organizations that frequent same site/service often to easily switch IP addresses to look like ordinary users as opposed to one organization.”

The fake Internet personas, the contract specified, “must be able to appear to originate in nearly any part of the world and can interact through conventional online services and social media platforms.”

Centcom spokesman Cmdr. Bill Speaks acknowledged in an interview last week that the Air Force had a contract for the Persona Management Software, but denied it would be deployed against domestic online protesters.

“The contract, and the Persona management technology itself, supports classified blogging activities on foreign-language Web sites to enable CENTCOM to counter violent extremist and enemy propaganda outside the U.S.,” Speaks told SpyTalk. “The contract would more accurately be described as supporting U.S. Central Command, rather than the Air Force — the Wing here at MacDill provides contracting support for us — efforts.”

Speaks said the software would “absolutely” not be used against law-abiding Americans.

[Update: Speaks adds, “The phrase [law-abiding] suggests that we might use it against Americans who are not law-abiding. The truth is that these activities are not directed towards Americans, without qualification.”]

Former CIA director and retired Air Force Gen. Michael V. Hayden called the technology cutting-edge but “developmental.”

“Operationally developmental, technologically developmental and legally developmental,” he told Washington Times reporter Shawn Waterman.

But in testimony last June, then-Centcom commander Gen. David Petraeus suggested the use of such technology was well underway.

“Operation Earnest Voice (OEV) is the critical program of record that resources our efforts to synchronize our Information Operations activities, to counter extremist ideology and propaganda, and to ensure that credible voices in the region are heard,” Petraeus told the Senate Armed Services Committee.

“OEV provides Centcom with direct communication capabilities to reach regional audiences through traditional media as well as via Web sites and regional public affairs blogging,” Petraeus said.

The FBI has also used fictitious identities for years to infiltrate jihadist Web sites.

Sometimes touted as “America’s first online operative in the War on Terror,”   the FBI’s Shannen L. Rossmiller, a former Montana municipal judge, is said to have “created 30 fictitious male Islamist undercover identities…for purposes of communicating and tracking the enemy [in] Arabic language Internet forums.”

“Since 9/11, Judge Rossmiller has delivered more than 200 cases of actionable intelligence and stings — including two of the largest convictions in the War on Terror,” her Web site claims.

Despite the fact that this article mentions numerous times that those tactics are not used against “Law Abiding Americans”, there are reasons to think that they might be used anyhow – especially against “conspiracy theories” (I hate that term). Cass Sunstein, who is the current administrator of the White House Office of Information and Regulatory Affairs published in 2008 an important essay entitled “Conspiracy Theories” (read it here).

Cass Sunstein

In this paper Sunstein states: “The existence of both domestic and foreign conspiracy theories, we suggest, is no trivial matter, posing real risks to the government’s antiterrorism policies, whatever the latter may be.” In his opinion, “the best response consists in cognitive infiltration of extremist groups”. “Cognitive infiltration” means using paid agents to surf the internet and spread disinformation on influential websites. The paper states: “Government agents (and their allies) might enter chat rooms, online social networks, or even real-space groups and attempt to undermine percolating conspiracy theories by raising doubts about their factual premises, causal logic or implications for political action.” Sunstein qualifies numerous times  9/11 Truth groups as “extremist groups”.

In this paper, Sunstein also sees benefits in the hiring outside commentators  – who are then held out as “experts” – by the government: “government can supply these independent experts with information and perhaps prod them into action from behind the scenes”. Secretly paying non-government officials “might ensure that credible independent experts offer the rebuttal, rather than government officials themselves. There is a tradeoff between credibility and control, however. The price of credibility is that government cannot be seen to control the independent experts.”

I hope there are no paid agents commenting here…

Tags: ,

COMMENTS

Please note that the comments are moderated and that all spam, insults, proselytizing and hate speech will be removed.

100 Comments to “The Washington Post on “Spy Bloggers” or Disinfo Agents”

1. DaReNn says:

VC

Just to let you know China has their 50-centers (50 cent per pro-govt post).

Our hair is not long enough to escape the tower.

2. Awakened says:

"Our hair is not long enough to escape the tower."

So build a new tower within the existing tower…

… eventually the weight of the new tower will topple the old tower.

• br000 says:

What if the existing tower can withstand any size of tower built inside of it? 'merica is effed, EOD

• Awakened says:

EOD?

Well it must be effd then. :laugh:

”That which does not kill us makes us stronger.”

… and as far as I know, we are not all dead … yet.

3. BPJ says:

scary to think agents could be posting under vigilant's next articles trying to send us down the wrong path..

• Pipo says:

You mean the people who constantly say : "Jesus christ will come and save us all" blabla instead of really doing something about whats happening ?

• LLOLL says:

oo sure, and you seem to be doing something about whats happening…NOT! >=/

so much for your obvious hate against christians comment!! you seem more likely to be an agent, yourself, rather than them.. cuz your spreading hate, sending people down the wrong path.. and to see that people gave u a thumbs up is just sad.. hmph.. and even more convincing!! STAY OUT OF VC'S WEBSITE U SPYBLOGGER!!

• again says:

what path, what are you doing other than talking about jesus..

• MP says:

I would never disrespect anyone's belief system. Each human is literally their own mini-universe, what is true to one is foolish to others.

Spirituality is like riding a bike.

Jesus was a bike rider. The people who control the world don't want you to know how to ride the bike so they create a monopoly on the information about bike riding so when you die and you need to ride…you'll fall.

Jesus wanted you to ride backs, they want you to ride jesus.

Stop riding jesus, its the anti-thesis of the dudes message.

"The kingdom of heaven is WITHIN you"

• 888 says:

@MP

Not so eloquently put, but I do agree with the sentiment sir, I agree with the sentiment.

• Cinrad says:

Quite the opposite @MP, quite the opposite.

Luke 17:21

EMTV: neither will they say, 'Look here!' or 'Look, there it is!' For behold, the kingdom of God IS AMONG you."

ISV: People won't say, 'Look! Here it is!' or "There it is!' For the kingdom of God IS AMONG you."

Darby: nor shall they say, Lo here, or, Lo there; for behold, the kingdom of God is IN THE MIDST of you.

CEV: There is no use saying, 'Look! Here it is' or 'Look! There it is.' God's kingdom IS HERE WITH you.

BBE: And men will not say, See, it is here! or, There! for the kingdom of God is AMONG you.

LITV: nor will they say, Lo, here! Or, Lo, there! For behold the kingdom of God is in your MIDST.

• MP says:

LOL thats from a book written by imperfect humans with imperfect senses with a calculated agenda in mind.

jesus was a normal human like u and me. he had incredible wisdom and the elite had him killed and created a myth out of him so ud worship him and fail to grasp his timeless teachings. for example, if you eat animals you are spitting in jesus' face with defiance. ALL life needs to be protected. but im sure u dont think thats correct lol.

worship him and youve missed the point.

put the book down, its not going anywhere.

• Cinrad says:

You are the one who quoted Jesus' words from the Bible in the first place to support your interpretation of Jesus. I was just pointing out that you were mis-qouting what De said.

Of course you are not the only one, the Gnostics did the same, and they have handed thier agenda on to you. The Illuminati agenda and beliefs are based on the same lies that gnostic teachings were. Yes, that's right, I am saying you are one of them. Perhaps you don't realise it.

Anyway before you go qouting Jesus or any other Bible writer, you should make sure you know what they were saying.

• Cinrad says:

correction "what He said"

• Pmartyr says:

i gotta question for you man, you seem to be familiar with the bible so i have some questions for you…out of curiousity…where in the bible does it say that Jesus was a man just like you and me? you must have missed the first few verses of the book of john…but im pretty sure you dont believe what the bible says either right? where else are the views of Jesus written at if not in the bible? do you even know who crucified Jesus? can you tell me why He was crucified? Jesus was just a good man like you and me (as you say) who did no harm to anyone or anything right? can you tell me why exactly He was condemned to death if He was innocent of any crime?

• Life says:

@Pipo, It's comments like the one you just made here that seems questionable. You know the one where you attact believers/christians.

• JJ says:

I really wish people would keep religion out of these posts. In other forums I've been in the post quality is always better where religious discussions are banned. I think Jesus is the only (personal) solution to this problem since the NWO will win temporarily for sure as the Bible says, but there is a time and place for everything and I'm tired of people blathering about Jesus the whole time. I'm not sure many of them even properly understand their own religion.

4. Not Blind says:

I hope that the plants would be easily recognizable, but you never know. I often wonder when the people claiming to be masons come on here and post things. I've always felt that they might be paid disinfo agents. I feel that the majority of the paid agents work within the threads of God Like Productions and Above Top Secret. I'm also positive that Facebook is a gov't. entity that helps update facial recognition technologies. Nowhere is really safe anymore. People just need to become more aware that posting pictures and personal information is not the smartest thing to be doing. Psychological warfare isn't anything new. It's just been tuned and polished so nicely that sheople are willing to participate under the guise of social networking. I often wonder about the people who come on this site and shout "shill" in regards to every conspiracy scholar and researcher. Some may be, but they can't all be and you have to place your faith in someone who is offering you information. I just try to trust my gut instincts and go from there.

• Sarah Connor says:

I agree with you on Facebook as a tool now being used against the people – there are tons of articles to back that up but here is one quick one I had handy.

• Agree says:

I agree about Facebook. It collects all our information, networks, opionions, interests….and can use facial recognition software to scan our photos and identify us… – pretty damn freaky. imagine if a war breaks out, they can identify us, and they already know our political stance, our friends, our relationships …

They can segment and target groups of people with information that they wouldnt have had so easily before.

I came back from an overseas flight last month, and I just needed to scan my passport and a machine scanned my face and I was then allowed out of the airport.

straight after that i deleted all of my facebook photos. Who knows how this will be used against us in the future.

It's a shame you cant really delete anything online though..

• newbie says:

Funny thing, I have mactubes and no matter which author i chose i couldn't download that "truth about facebook" video…….none.

• Sarah Connor says:

Bummer newbie – I thought maybe it was one that youtube ripped. They do that. But I had no problem. Try this – good luck!

• hmmm says:

Thanks for that link… So interestIng to see what sheeple are commenting on that clip as a 'justifiable' reason for this by our governments! haha

Idiots…

• kallahan says:

in the recent change to facebook privacy rights even if you delete your facebook account they store photos and certain information even after your profile has been deleted… i was reading about it on a website called alternet.com

• InnerCynic says:

I got rid of Facebook and don't participate on any online social networking site…. takes at least two weeks of not attempting to ever connect to them again to actually get off… That's the process they claim will delete all your stuff but you never know once you put it "out there" if it ever disappears. My feeling is that it doesn't so it's best to create "throw away" accounts that you can ditch and never ever put pictures of yourself or your loved ones.

5. ~b says:

Definitely evident on a number of sites… a bit here but not too bad. There was a lot going on at Pseudo Occult Media and tons of instances on sites like, Above Top Secret.

Many are run-of-the-mill, "skepticism" planting… but some are highly sophisticated triggers for survivors of trauma based programming… these often have seemingly random letters capitalized with trigger words attached.

6. Sarah Connor says:

Very good article VC~!

I'm pretty sure I see these 'agents' all the time out there. And I don't think they are being used on foreign threats (although I'm sure they are to some degree) as much as they are being used on us. Gotta figure out who to put on the list for 're-education', and just test the pulse of the people so the appropriate tactics are deployed when the time comes. I know, my tin hat is showing. Forgive me.

'Operation Vigilant Eagle' – targets veterans

MIAC – http://www.newswithviews.com/baldwin/baldwin500.h

According to the MIAC report, if you oppose any of the following, you could qualify for being profiled as a potential dangerous "militia member": (Read Homegrown Terrorist)

The United Nations

The New World Order

Gun Control

The violation of Posse Comitatus

The Federal Reserve

The Income Tax

The Ammunition and Accountability Act

A possible Constitutional Convention

The North American Union

Universal Service Program

Radio Frequency Identification (RFID)

Abortion

Illegal Immigration

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/arti… – Big Sis says we may be at the most 'heightened state' since 9/11.

I agree with the poster yesterday – the frog's about to boil.

• Sarah Connor says:

Our rights are being trampled and our health is being compromised.

I thought this was SO funny when I saw it, and a total joke, it's not. Actually I think this person was just on to something….

• Essential Truth says:

lol @ the underwear…not sure if it would stop the violators at airports…but that is funny.

Many times after something serious happens in the world…I would check out CNN.com and read some of the comments on there and it always seems like a whole battalion of agents have flooded the comment section in attempts to sway public opinion…im not the type to get swayed though…i've aready taken a postion before i see what the popular opionion is.

It's crazy how things have changed in the past decade..No more warrants needed ..there is no more protection of rights…The government is as good at telling who's s a homegrown terror suspect as they are of telling between who's a Taliban miltiant and an ordinary citizens in Afghanistan.

• Sarah Connor says:

I totally know what you mean Essential. I see them (agents) all the time trying to sway public opinion and label truth as conspiracy, since it has such a negative connotation attached to it. How much of a looser would you feel like if that was your job? LOL You are a traitor to yourself, your family, and your country at the end of the day.

Glad someone likes the underwear – it cracks me up! Of course it won't stop TSA, but it just feels good. Like my Fourth of July t-shirt sporting the American Flag and "Freedom Czar". My husband just had to go through all the screening and took the pat down. Sat and chit chatted with the agent about why they don't just send them through the metal detectors etc – The agent says – "I don't know, I'm just doing my job" That is the problem. Not to be dramatic, but that is what Nazi soldiers were doing, their job. People need to stand against tyranny. Even if that results in loss of a paycheck. What if??? Sigh…..a girl can dream.

And so true about the protection of rights. Thanks to the Patriot Act it's abolition of Habeas Corups…..and many others…..we are running out of them….quickly!!! If we really even have any left.

• abo says:

There is a book (of course I can't remember the name) that talked about the CIA doing thing type of thing way back in the sixties. Naturally, no internet back then, but they would hire agents to infiltrate student groups, civil rights group, dissenting groups, and either gather information or try to foment trouble among the ranks. They even when as far as trying to exploit the legends of different cultures to gain tactical advantages (faking vampire/monster legends in Vietnam I believe it was). The part of the book I read talked was about this one guy (think his name was Riviera or something close to that) who was doing this for a student protest group, but things didn't quite go as planned.

Think about it for a second. If you had a great deal of power and money, and you were trying to keep control over a bunch of unrulies, this is exactly what you'd do. And then find more sophisticated ways to be one step ahead of those who wanted to usurp your control. The only thing this article tells you is that the government has probably been using this for the last 15 years (which is why you hear about it now), and now they probably are using an even more insidious method of tracking/detection/info gathering that you won't know about for another 20 years.

7. See the planning of Washington D.C., such as why I-95 was never there completed, and that under reported story about the Vatican squashing what would have been the South Capitol Mall, to see how bad things really are!

8. Commuter Outrage was a pro transportation blog emanating from WITHIN THE PENTAGON, was exposed as such and took itself down, and now the contact from the Pentagon wants me to delete the story:

So telling that the Penatgon does not give a daman about transportation evacuation routes, most notably perhaps what may be the real story behind the NY Gov Spitzer sex scandal:

The parties behind such should be surveiled, but instead the Pentagon would more likely protect them- showing that their loyalites are NOT with the general public.

If one is to bust the powers that be, just try researching such planning topics as Washington DC Freeways and the South Capitol Mall, amongst others!

9. LVB says:

There's no doubt that this is happening, and has been for some time now.

We've already seen several disinfo types here, haven't we VC? :)

• Brendan says:

It's me! :D

But seriously, if everyone's right about all this Illuminati running the world stuff, wouldn't they not even need to bother? If what everyone here thinks is true about them, then they already control the media and everything so why would they even need to try to spread disinformation on a website like this?

Also, if this were the case, it might even be to their advantage to let people come to sites like these and rant about it because it would let them think that they're "in the know" when, in fact, if, once again, this were all true, they run everything anyways. What difference would it make to them? It's like this one South Park episode about the World Trade Centre attacks where there's conspiracy theorists that think the gov't did it and then the gov't actually agrees that they did do it when in reality they didn't because they wanted people to think that they run everything with a fantastical master plan.

• Brendan says:

Also, I'd like to point out that there's a difference between being skeptical and rational and spreading disinformation, just so people don't actually think I'm one of these spy bloggers haha :S

10. Peep The Game says:

I fear for VC – as he continues his brilliant work and opens peoples minds to the truth disinfo sell outs will bombard the site with Svali type deviations from the truth

"My third eye open under my fitted" – Immortal Technique (Voices of the Voiceless)

Peace

11. Jameccia says:

U all r right. If some1 doesn't agree with was is being said on a site, y would u leave a comment? Y not just exit. That's what I do. If I don't like the article I just close it. Maybe that's a tell-tell sign. Folks that leave nasty comments or oppose the article completely can be the moles. Idk just guessing…

• nolemmingshere says:

@Jameccia

"If some 1 doesn’t agree with what is being said on a site, y would u leave a comment?"

The whole point of a site like this is to provide a forum for discussion even if the viewpoints are totally opposite. It also provides a place for people to provide evidence or proof to support their point of view whether it agrees with the article or opposes it. Just because someone has a different point of view doesn't make them a mole. It just means that they see things from a different perspective.

12. kickbomb says:

Are we really supposed to believe That Americans with "extreme" anti-hegemonical views ARE NOT the targets of these cyber spies? Give me a break.

13. Ignotum Arcanus says:

"I am not one of them. " – Anomaly

=)

14. Az says:

The devil is a liar, God tells the honest truth.

Amen

15. Freemasory is running scared!!!

16. The powers that be are totally painted into a corner- as obvious as connecting the dots on a map:

And here we have the Washington Post's Freudian slip regarding that Masonic Eastern Star property at 6000 New Hampshire Ave NE

VC and anyoone else can look at this for themselves.

17. thinker says:

hey guys am confused so someone please enlighten me

so since our societies have basically been taken over by satanic things and people are curses to be sinners and all since they were born..according to christianity

is it really our fault or Gods for creating satan in the first place…i mean he knows the future right`?

• LVB says:

Good question, really.

Without Satan (evil), there would be no free will for us to choose. It's that simple. God is not insecure, and is not threatened by anyone choosing to reject Him.

God gave us the freedom to choose, which was the only loving thing to do for us.

We are not robots. We each choose good or evil, ultimately, and therefore, we choose our own fates, in the eternal sense.

You make your choice, and you will reap the consequences, one way or the other.

That's all. :)

• Brendan says:

But if we're talking about the Christian God then omnibenevolence is one of Its qualities, so, how could a being with infinite love and compassion willingly let his "children" suffer for all eternity, even if they did something bad? There's definitely a logical absurdity there.

18. julia says:

Cass Sunstein, 2008 essay entitled “Conspiracy Theories” :

page 4:

Of course some conspiracy theories, under our definition, have turned out to be true. The Watergate hotel room used by Democratic National Committee was, in fact, bugged by Republican officials, operating at the behest of the White House. In the 1950s, the Central Intelligence Agency did, in fact, administer LSD and related drugs under Project MKULTRA, in an effort to investigate the possibility of “mind control.”

19. danny says:

It's no question in my mind that dis-info agents hang here & there. If you ask me, and i'v said before I bet it's those anti- Christian/anti religion folks for starters!

• Tenoch says:

well some might say that religious folk bashing on other different religions are the one instigating and are spy bloggers themselves for disrupting the direction of the conversation resulting in arguments that have been heard for centuries decades years days for a long time; i have friends from all different religions and some that are non religious but are spiritual; i say people who result to bashing eachothers religion really have lost a grip of their own scriptures holy books gospels or whatever you wish to call them they should read and relearn the morals slash ethics of their belief systems resulting in a controlled use of their tongues and dirty mouth spewing out dissent arguments and or fights ; stay away from arguing and fighting with such people it will only result in a endless cycle… peace and love to my brothers and sisters that are for true unity not unity by force

20. Kirby says:

I've definitely seen quite a few of these agents, especially on YouTube videos concerning anything in the realm of a "conspiracy theory" After a while their tactics become pretty obvious, as they usually troll multiple videos with the same aggressive approach to their argument that belittles anyone that challenges it. I can't stress enough to everyone the importance of discernment when it comes to the conspiracy subculture – there's plenty of nonsense out there mixed with just enough truth to make it seem believable in its entirety. Speaking of disinformation, has anyone else noticed the pervasiveness of aliens in the mass media lately? Skyline, Battle of LA, Cowboys and Aliens – all of these movies demonizing aliens as entities that are going to colonize and enslave the planet. There's also a new song by Katy Perry and Kanye West called E.T. with rather interesting lyrics – http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Ppca1BEKsU. It really makes you wonder why there's such an emphasis on molding the public's perception of extraterrestrial beings as something to be feared. I'm curious to know what VC and others on this site think about this.

• Sarah Connor says:

Ah Kirby – can o worms! You are going to get a plethora of opinions on this one. And many completely different than mine!!! But I too have noticed the alien propoganda of late, and also that we have been conditioned/programmed for it for a very long, long time. I've looked into it a bunch, and in my humble, it's just one from the NWO playbook.

Ronald Reagan:

"I occasionally think how quickly our 'differences worldwide would vanish", if we were facing a threat from outside this universe".

Nothing like some falseflag/bluebeam/alien invasion to unite the masses, globally and relinquish all remaining rights for protection. Hello one world goverment….

If there are aliens, imo, they are only little demons. See Aleister Crowley and his 'inspiration' or 'contact' Lam. It's just demonic stuff….and they don't need flying saucers. I believe it's just a great deception. But I know many will disagree. Not looking to debate, just giving an opinion since you asked.

Peace

• DiZiLLuiZioNed says:

Sarah Connor, you my dear, are a truth seeker after my own heart! Project Blue Beam is a conspiracy grander than the NWO and gets very little air time amongst fellow conspiracy theorists. Talk about a complete mind boggler. Whenever I contemplate the mass fall-out from this holographic deception, I am always reminded of Matthew 24:24 "For there shall arise false Christs, and false prophets, and shall show great signs and wonders; so that, if it were possible, they shall deceive the very elect." Project Blue Beam is something that should be preached about from all pulpits regardless of denomination.

Quick synopsis for those reading this comment and do not know what Project Blue Beam is:

It is basically, a fake Rapture. The Powers That Be are planning to do a WORLD WIDE Three-dimensional Holographic lightshow, complete with audio that is heard INSIDE YOUR HEAD. Through the use of satellites, an image of each nations dominant religeon's savior (Jesus for America, Muhammod for muslim countries, etc) will be projected into the sky, and will speak to each person individually (inside their heads through the use of ELF and VLF waves) telling them that everything they thought they knew about religeon and God is wrong, and then the various holographic images; Jesus, Muhammod, Buddah, etc will merge into one being and that being is supposed to be THE REAL GOD. Who in actuality, will be the Antichrist spoken of in Revelation. AND THIS is the reason why the whole world will follow after him. Here are some links for those of you who would like to learn more about THE GREATEST DECEPTION EVER!

• Sarah Connor says:

Awesome links!!! Scary thing is….I'm even seeing the conditioning coming out of the Christian community – check out this song

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8LQH6UDi15s – The Afters "Light Up the Sky"

It is played on the Christian station all the time…catchy little tune and seems harmless. But if the unaware have this messaging laid down into the depths of their consciousness, well, quite frankly, many Christians will be included in the elect that are deceived.

• Marjorie says:

Isn't "the bright and morning sun" (apart of the lyrics of the aforementioned song) a reference to Satan?

• nolemmingshere says:

Sounds like it will be a great movie when it comes out. I hope they put it out in 3D and Hi-Def on Blue Ray.

• nolemmingshere says:

Sorry I should have put @DiZiLLuiZioNed

21. IH8Zionists says:

Intoducing laws and passing them which are against the Constitution is punishable by death. Our cowardly men and women who promised to uphold the laws here are breaking their oaths. Bailouts,scams,corruption all endless.George Washington is rolling in his grave by what we've let them get away with.

22. Truthmaven says:

People with strong, sound minds, and an unmoving faith in God and the truth of what we're facing in these current times, will not be easily swayed by these attempts. I am convinced of this–but what we're really at odds with is a society that continues to label conspiracy theorists as "illogical", or lacking in critical thinking–when really, it's quite the opposite–and there is always reason to have doubt in a failed system! What we might ultimately see is the stigmatization of conspiracy theorists, to the point where ANY mention of dissent or disagreement of one's government, is grounds for being labelled (both legally, and in society) as a "terrorist"! Some of the people that post on this website–as well as others that try to awaken the masses to the truth of everything via a faceless internet–I am sure, are VERY well educated, and quite possibly might have professional lives to maintain, that would be devastated by such stigmatization. I think they will honestly start marginalizing us first, with the transparency of information that IS: the Internet. Any information you put out can be hacked, so anything is possible. Even if you delete a page, the information lingers in the internet domain, and can be pulled by any skilled hacker–a notion that is not comforting, by any means. Indeed, we are revolutionaries in speaking out on these corrupt and power-hungry people! Self-sufficiency is key in all of this, and is something we all should strive for…

23. greymatter says:

lol…I like how you put, I hope they are no paid informants operating hear… at the bottom. lol.

However, in all serious though, we are pretty much in a state of information anarchy right now. We really don't know what we can believe 100% of the time, even what we see with our own eyes, because there is deception there as well. We can only follow meticulously the actions of others, and let that inner voice or judgement be our guide.

24. Filsta says:

Aaron Barr? Haha! That moron went to screw with the hacker group Anonymous and got destroyed. If the government has him in the forefront of the disinfo campaign, we have nothing to worry about…

25. Tamar says:

And all along i thought we were safe over here in south africa… Our advertisements have illuminati written all over them (there’s a billboard on the side of the highway with lady gaga on it advertising flavoured water and the company that owns it is coca cola) our musicians going overseas meeting oprah and then coming back and the music videos filled with symbolism our president constantly meeting up with obama no one is safe not even in africa.

26. geede says:

wonderfull article like always VC but i wish you could talk about my country ''lithuania'' there are bunch of biulding like ''babilon'' and the other things that cant remember how they called lol. There are some people here that come to this website and i think its cool. Anyways people you got to understand this that the illiuminati is controling everything they will cover up anything that they dont want. The only thing we can do is to keep track on what is going on and trust me if you try to tell this to someone they will think you are crazy because 1) they fear the truth, 2) they cant change nothing about it, 3) if they start talking about it they might lose thier job, 4) they live to earn money because i can imagine how hard for parents is to take care of us they dont have the time to see these things and try to live thier lifes. Anyway I only see things that we can do guys 1) get fit- do push ups grow a six pack so when 2012 comes ur ready 2) look for information around the web, 3) have your own opinion never trust anyone its a dangerous world where dangerous rules apply dont +even trust me+ i only care about my self just like you 4) like Albert einstein sayd : ''always Question everything'' theres a reason why a hand with a hammer is on your toothpaste bottle, theres a reason why you havent heard it on the news, theres a reason why they dont let you do something… and remember most important…FUCK THE NWO

27. geede says:

lol i started to read the bible, looking for clues but its freaking long and soo borring ;1

28. Castles made of sand says:

The more I look at the way the world is going the more it points to one thing and one thing only, and that is:

People need to learn how to critically think for themselves and relearn how to handle information and make use of it without necessarily 'believing' or relying on it OR dismissing or rejecting it either.

In a way, 'believing' information (or not) is a legacy of an age where only a few have access to information, and the many had to choose whether to believe it or not. This is becoming less and less like the age we are living in now – we are all becoming our own researchers AND media combined. As long as critical thinking and common sense prevail then we can avoid collective 'group think' (ie consensus) while still being able to all contribute to each others' research while observing each other's media, so to speak. Awareness is the key, computers have yet to develop that yet – we hope.

In a 'slightly cosmic way' all of this mistrust is probably a good thing in the end anyway, because without it we would just as likely end up following more 'leaders' .. a human pastime which ALWAYS ends in massive disappoint! ….. as history shows over and over and over again. People have mentioned not trusting Alex Jones, and people often talk generally about not trusting 'the internet'….. well yeah, of course! ….. but maybe this is actually a healthier attitude and a new paradigm we should be getting our heads around and embracing. The opposite of not trusting Alex Jones is to trust him – to 'believe' him – well what is that if not just more sheeple hierarchy thinking?! I trust that Alex Jones has agendas I know nothing about, I trust that I have never met the guy… I trust that I can verify some of the information he puts out for myself and make use of it….. see what I mean? We don't need to blindly trust people like they are newsreaders on TV anymore. It is blindly trusting people that has always allowed 'leaders' to rise up the pyramid and hierarchy and allowed (self/ group) deception to thrive.

Nobody ever really deceives us – we deceive ourselves, by placing our blind trust where we shouldn't.

Imagine a world were pretty much ANYTHING anyone said of importance needed to be qualified before we trusted it, just as a matter of course. It's actually becoming a lot easier to qualify the truth with the internet ("here is my info, here are my sources, feel free to check them out" and we can do just that) than to try and make a lie convincing ("here is my truth, er, please don't research it though … um … just believe me OK!")……… this is the opposite of how it was just a few years ago when a tiny few had a virtual monopoly over most information.

All this new information technology and whatever else is going on with this age we are in (or entering) just seems to be incompatible so many of the information systems and paradigms we (and 'they') have become accustomed to. I love the idea that truth is actually the most destructive force there is. How true! And we can see how this information age is starting to literally tear the fabric of society apart, open all the cupboards and lift up the rugs and turn all the pockets inside out! It is like all the information in the world has been safely stored away from sight in giant impenetrable and immovable sand castles ….. but now the tide is coming in….

The great thing is that 'truthers' are the ones riding this wave and inviting the tide in….. meanwhile, those benefiting from secrecy and deception are left desperately trying to muddy the waters and defend their sand castles (yeah, pyramid shaped sand castles!) against the lapping waves, coming in stronger and further each time.

It's going to get messy for a while – we all know that – but I reckon the surfers are on the winning side and not the sand castle defenders.

• DiZiLLuiZioNed says:

You make a great point. Critical thinking is not something that is taught in American schools or encouraged in American society for that matter. In school students are taught to be robots, to listen to the teacher and not to question, to accept what is told and not to think, to be good employees and to shut up. And children who are naturally inquisitive are discouraged by their parents at home because alot of parents either don't have the answers to their childs "Why this, Why that questions" or simply don't have the patience. So at home and at school, children are ingrained with the belief that asking questions is bad.

29. MP says:

I've come across several disinfo-agents on youtube – ones that have a significant following.

Asking them certain questions reveal their true intentions, it's very simple.

• Marjorie says:

Do tell us who you believe to be disinfo agents, please. There's one in particular I believe is..

• MP says:

of the mainstream disinfo artists i think the following are notable: alex jones, zeitgeist, david icke, & 9/11 truth.

Its important to say that 90% of each is close to the 'truth'. Im not hating on these ppl b/c there is value in them.

1) alex jones – hes an alarmist, he uses scare tactics b/c the elite want ppl in a panicked state

2) zeitgeist – learn the occult symbols used by the ruling elite and this will become obvious watching the zeitgeist films, the whole 'transitioning' into a new age, the age of aquarius their preparing us for this new world order. Part 1 of Z-1 is disinfo.

3) icke – he has so much value with regards to the subjective nature of existing through ur senses but he makes it like the ruling elite 'dont understand' the multiple planes of existence, entities etc. the ruling elite know ALL about that shit, its the foundation of everything they do.

4) 9/11 truth – they make u think it was about americas imperialist agenda when in fact it was a twisted satanic mega ritual.

this is what i think, just my perspective.

peace

• Not Blind says:

How do you feel about Credo Mutwa?

• MP says:

oh and for youtube indies…mistrbritt & love police.

30. AlexJonesUSay says:

I found this website from a link that I found through VC a while back. . . . .hmmm. . .. .

31. Marjorie says:

I know this is off-topic, but has anyone noticed the emoticon at the bottom of this site? It's in black and is somewhat pixelated.

• Godozo says:

Yeah…part of some of the templates on some blogging sites.

And no, I'm not gonna say "nothing here, move along." As even "The Three Little Bops" proves, even where nothing untoward is happening it's possible that something gets slipped in just to keep stuff out there.

• Riddle says:

I just noticed it, right over VC's copyright, right? Like the other guy said, part of the templates of sites sometimes, although VC may have even put it there since he designs his site himself.. looks like a little smiley face, doesn't it..?

32. InfamousAvantGairde says:

I knew this comment thread would be a mess.

Pointing,pointing,pointing……I say a lot of contriversal things so I'm sure I'm on the list.

For anyone that thinks I'm one can personally go to hell

as if not there already.Just respond if you want me gone and I promise you I will never comment again.All it takes is one.I won't bother you ever again.

• InfamousAvantGairde says:

I keep getting hints that that was impulsive.I agree.I apologize.This still will be my last post.I definitely over stayed my welcome.

I just gotta get some things off my chest or else Ill just keep coming back.

All that I'm Rise and everything.Trash that.Philosophy is good but well entertained thought can be very much appreciated.I also strive to be a type of entertainer.

Am I in contact with high sources….yes.Positive….yes.Negative….yes(they slide bs in every now and then)

A type of anti……yes and no.A antioxident to a free radical yes…The other anti's….no.

You know what's so funny.When that time came and the big guy came down he was not so liked as he is now.What he said seemed so frightingly………opposite…to the point where he was brutally killed by those of the rightous.

I see the same delimma happening now and the negative is peaking like before.

Although misrepresented The Dawn of The Daywalker is here.You can't change that.Its not what you want all the time.Any mother or father that spoils a child will receive a child that produces little rewards.

Although I'm a bit premature this is an example of what were becoming.Give a black man knowledge and he will make shit out of peanuts.We do no harm.

There are so many things that love you and want to help you.But they can only help those who help themselves.

The situation is getting extremely dire to the point of viva la vida or death and all his friends.

The higher knows this and some are flaunting it.Honestly most are saying "with all due respect"f them.

Just check out kanyes Run Away and hancook.In hancook the darkness becomes masculine and his old wife tells him "the more you stay away from me the stronger you will get"

I understand why it is what it is.Born as a minority of the world you adapt to your enviornment and have a natural fight to survive attitude because you see yourself as the weakest link.So you dominate the world and call the majority,minority………..That's not bad.That's to be expected.We are a product of our enviornment and what we see.And a lot of you are really really nice people and funny as shit on comment threads.

A clear sign of mastery over material.You are the teachers and Gods of the low.Now new grounds are forming.The teachers of the etheral realm are forming.

Most would say that your like a rebellious child who bullies on the other kids because he thinks his father doesn't love him.He does….A lot.

All that NWO drama is a tricky last attempt to mix truth with bs.There is a NWO that wants to enslave and destroy but that's wishful thinking.Negative is the subservent of the positive.Without adam there ain't no eve.

The real NWO is the uniting of one.If everyone acted as one family then a golden age of peace begins.

Everyone is Chosen.Become that you was ment to be.The very word religion means to Re Unite.The Universe is One Song.Music is such a gift.One that I strive for.

Once again if anything I said bears any truth than most likely you will run into it again.

I wonder if those back then knew what is known now would have done the same things."If they just loved em they might have been saved".

Just my 2cents

33. soulhustle says:

Jews dont' like your right to free speech, so here u go!!!!

Jews OWN Amerika

they own all media inluding MTV

they are behind Obama

they own Wall street..and hold triggers of global financial system (Rothschilds)

they push for Monsanto's control (Monsanto family originally Jewish too)

they are behind the Rapidscan in airports..no dignity for dem goys

They hate criticism, any criticism of Jews brings the anti-semite label. Most ppl have been successfully brainwashed with that.

Cass Sunstein is just another Jew wanting your free speech gone. Fight it or lose it. Don't give them your money, start the revolution at home. Before it is too late.

• Not Blind says:

I believe you're referring to the Zionists who are hiding behind the word 'Jew'.

• soulhustle says:

Zionists and Jews is the same thing. They run it…and I don't like it because their spiritual course ruins humanity. Look even at the mass culture that VG is writing about, its SICK :( Why do people accept it as normal, I don't know. Maybe the population is dumb afterall, but I don't want to think this way….

34. Beth says:

So, basically our Government is wasting our tax dollars paying for equipment and people to act as 'patriotic trolls'. I think many of us understood that this kind of subversion was going on long before they finally went public. It is also a load of 'BS' for them to say that their only targets are jihadist in nature. How about the attack against our civil liberties and the denied justice from our Government during these times:

1. The operations of COINTELPRO which started in 1956 and was kept secret until 1971.

2. Project MKUltra. Yeah, the one where the CIA drugged a man named Frank Olson with LSD and tried to cover up his death.

3. The Tuskegee Syphilis Experiment that targeted poor African Americans between 1932-1972

4. Project Paperclip

5. Iran-Contra

6. Iraq and the missing weapons of mass destruction

The above are just a few of the conspiracies that were proven true over time. None of them stopped or were brought to justice until people like us started paying attention to something being wrong and started demanding justice. The thing is looking beyond the superficial story that is being fed to us through the mainstream news isn't enough; especially, when you become aware of Project Mockingbird discovered in 1975 during the Church Committee. It's our patriotic duty to question our Government.

I mean even Machiavelli stated that "Men are so simple of mind, and so much dominated by their immediate needs, that a deceitful man will always find plenty who are ready to be deceived." In a democratic and capitalistic society, the number one thing we have to defend ourselves against is complacency to avoid such an outcome (such as Corporate Feudalism). It just disgusts me how if you have a dissenting opinion that is not reflected in the MSM, you are labeled a conspiracy theorist. I guess if they didn't have those labels for us, and they couldn't paint us as being a danger to the majority, the entities within the Government wouldn't get away with firing (using maximum force) on citizens (Kent State, Ruby Ridge, Waco, etc.) and keeping their jobs.

I guess for those who are indifferent either way–I suggest doing some reading on the fall of the Republic in ancient Rome. Our country is following a very similar path. Also, I hate to say this but Osama Bin Laden has become our Emmanuel Goldstein (see "1984").

• Beth says:

"The thing is looking beyond the superficial story that is being fed to us through the mainstream news isn’t enough; especially, when you become aware of Project Mockingbird discovered in 1975 during the Church Committee."

I meant to say: "The thing is accepting the superficial story that is being fed to us through the mainstream news isn't enough; especially, when you become aware of Project Mockingbird discovered in 1975 during the Church Committee."

I want to add to this, too. Even your alternative news sites (AOL's Huffington Post, cough), can be misleading. I mean, you really have to look into who actually owns the news site. If it is a corporation, you can forget it when it comes to getting news that is unbiased and uncensored. Okay, I'm done :-)

• Riddle says:

Some good posts Beth.. and yes.. I believe we have to use discernment and intuition about any and all sites nowadays.. (except this one of course! ;^) Well obviously for everything, but this site (VC) is unusually objective and factual.. you can tell it is in the interest of seeking the truth.. there are others out there too.. but anyway, yeah.. I agree with what you are saying..

35. Tenoch says:

i am one hundred percent positive that people such as 'spy bloggers' are aware of this site; i would not be at all suprised if they are the people instigating and insulting other people on this site and others like this making absurd statements ; my advice would be do not get into a conflict with these people or try negotiation on people with such ignorance; lets be intelligent wise human beings we all are one lets stay true to our purpose and stand one against such dark ideals and agendas ; no more mindless arguments with the blind for they can not see… all in all what i am trying to say is lets not participate in arguments and lets participate in communicating our knowledge and start creating a true solution to such ignorance for example: what should we do as a community to get the word out and aware people of such valuable information maybe through internet or telling your loved ones or friends maybe create a newsletter , or whatever it may be …. love to all brothers and sisters of mine

• Riddle says:

Yes.. TENOCH.. very good words… I agree.. getting into arguments with these people is pointless and a distraction.. which is just what they and and their 'bosses' want… the important thing to do is not get distracted but stay on the path and continue seeking the truth and making those that care aware..

36. discomarisco says:

I believe I've been targeted on twitter by one of these profiles. http://twitter.com/jamesdeanwins they have 14 lists, each called "Rebellious Accounts". I blocked them. Extremely frickin creepy.

• Riddle says:

That is creepy.. I haven't looked through all their 'rebellious lists' but the ones I did look through, the users they have on there don't seem to be tweeting about anything really conspiratorial or anything in particular, I did see something to do with sports comments. Maybe they're just about that. But probably good you blocked them anyway, why keep that on there?

37. LVB says:

Politicalamity – Extreme

Wars 'n rumors

Of wars, no one knows what for

Toys and soldiers

Deployed, on some foreign shore

Lords and rulers

Destroy, diplomatic rapport

Communists, dictatorships

Democracies, hypocrisies

Ask not what your country can do?

To a one world governmental zoo

POLITICAL, POLITICAL

POLITICALAMITY

IT'S AN-AR-CHY

POLITICAL, POLITICAL

POLITICALAMITY

Rick 'n poor

Salute your country's colors

Less is more

When one oppresses the other

Pride 'n power

Decorated upon collars

Donkeys, bears 'n elephants

All paper-trained on parliament

Ask not what your country can do?

To a one world governmental zoo

38. michael oflannery says:

you people have such terrible grammer and spelling.

39. Riddle says:

How subtle indeed! Remember how the Serpent in the Garden of Eden was so 'subtle…?' According to the paper – some 'Conspiracy' Theories may be 'allowed' and 'justifiable' or 'beneficial' and others not – in other words, if we read between the lines, those theories that are too close to the truth and do not serve the higher order's (controlling faction's) interests.. I'm surprised they even admitted MKULTRA actually took place.. Hey, that's the way – you've got to to seem 'in the middle' to seem 'normal' like you are admitting 'some' truth but not all… makes you seem like a nice guy (I'm referring to the article and ones behind it). So while you admit some truths.. the current (other) truths go unscathed.. it's not 'Conspiracy' if it's true! Also, I hate that term as well.. it has such implications.. and the other thing is – in the interest of 'Truth' which we all must seek.. Conspiracy theories come up.. I agree that we should all remain objective and use discernment.. and it is not that hard to see who the 'paid Disinfo' agents might be trolling the blogs.. interesting they say 'blogs' not sites.. isn't it..? If you come across someone on a blog or youtube site or wherever and they blindly and stubbornly refuse to believe any other view than their own and they obviously are just trying to cause dissension and knock the 'Conspiratorial' view without wanting to truly seek the truth.. then you can guess that they might be a Disinfo agent.. sometimes someone is just totally close-minded, but if they are more patterned about it, could be Disinfo.. just my guess…

And the person who accused everyone of having bad 'grammer' and spelling.. how does one spell the word 'grammer? Is that a joke…??

I'll leave it to you all to look up..

40. wiser says:

I knew it from before. Last year, I noticed that some people were leaving comments such as "I saw the building getting hit by the plane with my own eyes" or "you believe in this ?" under Youtube videos that were talking about 9/11 being the inside job. I am no less than a spy. It looked very fishy. So I ended up checking out their profiles. Strange, but true that all of them had written in their profiles, "I am a musician" and they were of age 21-27. Some of those users' Youtube activities were also listed. Turned out that they were commenting only on 9/11 inside job videos. I pick three subjects from them to investigate in details. The stalking revealed that one was having a bitter argument under a 9/11 video with a person who believed in the inside job. Perhaps, the subject got really furious. In the end, he ended up commenting, "I know everything about the government cuz I work with CIA".

So I say keep your eyes wide open everyone. If someone pushes you too hard to believe that the government is the angel he should be taken as a fishy element. But under your article or blog about illuminati, if you see some people constantly harassing you or making fun of what you wrote rest assure yourself that this person has been paid by the illuminati government to torture you so much that you end up closing your website.

But the best tactic they will use is to give you shame.

41. Kessbot says:

What's sad about this is now intelligent, concerned, and enlightened cohorts on websites like this one will accuse one another of being agents. More ways to rend us apart.

42. that one dude says:

this is old news but good news. a website i frequented was shut down. GNN. guerrilla news network. very anti establishment anti fascist anti racist basically anarcho, the news was interpreted and rewritten, recycled i should say, by interested people. ex. the uprising in greece 08. mainstream had almost no mention of it i didnt know bout it til i stumbled upon that site but now all is silent. yahoo comments is monitered.paid agents and ignorant racists spew hate you cant imagine, i'm happy one day then i read the comments on yahoo story and my faith in humanity is daunted. religion is used to control you. sorry had to say now all of the christ cult will be on my behind saying i am a paid satanist agent financed by the illum!:(… question, since they use the darkside of the occult shouldnt we harness the good side????? o yea smash the ruling class.

43. Ricky says:

Jesus is the way the truth and the light! No one comes to the father only threw the son. I'm ready I'm a Christian there is only one god the true living god!

44. ~b says:

Therein lies the benefit of being educated and capable of reasonable discernment… Alex Jones definitely raises a lot of flags in the manner in which he presents information… Vigilant, not so much. Be skeptical of everything and do your homework… lots of actual conspiracy facts to go with the theories.

45. greymatter says:

Alex raises red flags from time to time, But I generally trust alex. Maybe he is sometimes fed the wrong info, but he generally points people in the right direction and is a good start for waking people up.