Street Cams Can Now Tag, Track and Follow Individuals (video)

The dystopian nightmare described in George Orwell’s novel 1984 took place in London, UK. This very city is today one of the most heavily monitored places in the world, using a record number of cameras and the most advanced surveillance technology to keep track of its citizens. Reuters now reports that the CCTV system of London has now the ability to tag specific people, track them across the entire system and even run a “search” on them for previous footage.

The report basically praises the software and quickly dismisses the privacy concerns it raises, stating that most citizens approve of being monitored (I’d like to see a scientific survey proving this). Of course, this summer’s London Riots were mentioned as an excuse to implement this technology, as anticipated in my article entitled The London Riots and How They Will be Used to the Elite’s Advantage.

76 Comments on "Street Cams Can Now Tag, Track and Follow Individuals (video)"

narwhal

Hey! Tag your friends on Facebook!

Son of africa
@sumbowdy…ure a very stupid somebowdy I must say, crime does not spawn from boredom or drugs or anything like that, IT SPAWNS FROM INEQUALITY when one percent of the population owns 99% of worlds finances ofcourse pipo are gona commit crime be it in the well lit paveved streets of london or dusty streets of soweto, so being watched aint gonna solve the problem, Authorities have NEVER cared about u and NEVER will, the same boom of camera presence has occured in Pretoria, South Africa in that citys central business district yet the same weedmen ive known since High skul… Read more »
Skeegii93

oh yea he has to be working with the government i mean look at the logo…seriously (the eye)

O_o

Forget about the street cams, do you own an Xbox with Kinect?

If so, READ the user agreement. I warned you.

enlightnened

Looks like im going outside in a bhurka…

Tiffany
Yep, it's nutty here. THE most obnoxious form of CCTV all the time, everywhere. Every time I live in this city, the cameras freak me out. Just…watching. Tracking. It's weird, it's in the Tesco, the bus, the tube, the everywhere! I live literally across the street from the MI-6 building and it is freaking me out. As in, if I can see them from my bed and bathroom windows, are they watching me? Little old me? Drawing the blinds while I shower today! Seriously, living this close to that is creepy too. You can see all the dishes on the… Read more »
Alan
CCTV survelliance has got to be most manipulative and brainwashing devices used on society; it is getting behond a joke in the UK. I've walked into places and there have been literally tons of cameras, mostly which are those sinister dark dome shaped cameras that look like they've come straight out of Minority Report. I walked into a booze shop, looked up to the ceiling and counted upto six of the things – why so many? why dont the owners question why they need so many?. I can understanding one or two camera but this many just blew my mind.… Read more »
Jamile Jones

Another way to keep up with us is those smart phones. I will not own one if I can help it. Supposedly, they can keep track of where your location is even if these phones are off. Wake up people!

Jamile Jones

Well, apparently we have these in our neighborhoods to enforce traffic laws but I don't believe it. I think it is to keep up with us more now than ever. We are slowly losing our freedom.

JWSO

If this is, "the most visible form of surveillance" that's gotta tell you something about how advanced the surveillance systems they have that are not seen really are.

"Nothing to hide, nothing to worry about."

Obviously you haven't seen videos with peaceful protesters getting pepper sprayed that haven't broken any law(s).

Matthew

Keep knocking!!

Jennings

A wise man called Benjamin Franklin once said that "those who sacrifice liberty for security deserve neither". I suppose these days he'd be labelled a terrorist.

Shane
I read this post and I am reminded of a blockbuster movie that I seen some time ago. Anyone ever see 'Eagle Eye' Seems that this whole camera tracking a suspect may be just a stepping stone for something straight out of Hollywood. Maybe that is what they want, if they show you on some movie, and then they show you reality, you will somehow just believe it is another trick of Hollywood. How far are we from actually achieving A.I. It may already be employed in some small part and we remain unaware. Remember DARPA, the organization behind the… Read more »
James

Anyone see the London New Years Eve fireworks? They had fireworks coming out of Big Ben… looked like clear V for Vendetta, NWO etc symbolism

sovigilant

Looks like everybody is going to become a "Person of Interest"

HeavyPara

The movie Demolition Man springs to mind. On a different note, Humanity would get along with each other alot better without religion. how many wars have there been due to religion?

anony
If religion is a connection to God, then religion should not be blamed because of psychopaths who use it as a pretext for their true intentions of power. If it wasn't religion, they'd use the label of something else, which they do. Like capitalism, and communism, and the war on terror. And WWI and II. The worst wars in existence have been entirely due to materialism and anti-religion, not religion. But in a way, if doing the bidding of Satan is called a religion, then yes – perhaps Satanism is a religion that does cause wars. The war against God… Read more »
Aidan

Nice catch of the relation between the riots and what's happening now. You can see how it all works clear as day, but people still live in this bubble

me

I'm just wondering now…could they have "vaporized" people? I know it is premature to talk about this but it is quite clear that the purpose of this unacceptable surveillance is getting rid of some people. Maybe it didn't happen yet but it WILL…. and if stuff like that had already happened, we would never know.

TruthAtAllCosts

Check out the laser system on the Joint Strike Fighter.

lilith

good thing i live in good ol' 3rd world country where that type of technology isn't even near…. something good had to come out of living over here!

Matt

LOL I love your way of thinking. It also crossed my mind that in a way it's safer to live somewhere where this kind of technology doesn't exist.

anony

except that in those places, they've got other "technologies" pushed down your throat. like sterilization and depopulation and plagues of lab-manufactured diseases, and food control. but yeah, overall… maybe not THAT bad.

The Water is Wet
"I guess there’s no way to escape from this eternal plebdom other than to fix yourself in the inside and find a way off this planet. Its worth it, to get off this planet." Suicide IS NEVER the answer! Nor should it be a response to anything negative in one's life. Anyone pushing suicide is part of the death-cult of anti-christians who KNOW where the soul may be headed and thus wish for condemnation of souls. Such people are harvesters of their own disasters despite what they may believe they are doing for or at the will of dark entities.… Read more »
flower

I meant fix yourself on the inside (your soul, senses etc) and find a way out (and into the gates of Heaven). 🙂

fox5050

Oh how lovely. They are invading our privacy to protect us right? Don't you feel safe knowing that nothing you do is private and you are being watched 24-7? Don't you feel better knowing the president is awesome enough that he can have anyone arrested and killed for any reason at any time without anyone knowing? These protectors want to protect us! even though they knock down towers we are in, crash planes we are in, destroy our minds, change what we thought was real, poison our foods, and take what we thought we owned. Ahh yes, safe and sound.

flower
Yeah But VC…..All this technology and their future queen is a major stepford wife, they throw up the same handsign top to bottom, and they spend their days playing golf and going to watch ''sports games''. In the Quran it says what you wish for others will be your own fate. Its true. Think about it. All those things I mentioned ^ are what they want for the proles. Its all very well distracting yourself from the drudgery of daily life by making fun of these people but why get scared? Police states are all the same. These times are… Read more »
me
I admit I'm also "excited" in a way…..(no, I'm not mentally sick) but I'm happy that I know the truth. Fixing the inside is what everyone should do, because in the end, that is what "the elite" fights against…our soul's salvation. Some may not believe it but I hope they will come to the same conclusion on their own. "The elite" is not only on the outside…there's also one in our heart which tells us to be proud, to look down on our fellow men, to never see our sins and flaws. People that see their own flaws are more… Read more »
NetMyth

Why does the whole 'huge support' and 'survey' thing sound so unconvincing?

Iram

I live in London… I just cannot believe that this is happening. First they started with phones, now they are moving onto the big things like cameras.

Stuff to not hide
I have not submitted this to The Vigilant Citizen as a suggestion to a future article, because I know it won't be posted and I don't want to waste my effort. Because people are always reading comments on this site, I have decided to post it on the latest article here for everyone to read. Subject: US Army's A160 Hummingbird drone-copter to don 1.8 gigapixel camera Body: Starting in July of 2012, the United States Army will deploy three Boeing A160 Hummingbird drones to Afghanistan as part of a one-year trial program. Unlike the Predator drones already in combat, the… Read more »
Pest

They want to do the same shit in Germany too!

If anyone thinks that this still has something to do with "safety" and "protection" for the people, must be retarded!

Muffin

oooooooh GREAT, I just happen to live there -.- what will they do next?