Singularity: Kurzweil on 2045, When Humans and Machine Merge

Time Magazine recently published an interesting article on Ray Kurzweil, probably the most vocal promoter of transhumanism. Here’s an excerpt:

“Take the question of whether computers can replicate the biochemical complexity of an organic brain. Kurzweil yields no ground there whatsoever. He does not see any fundamental difference between flesh and silicon that would prevent the latter from thinking. He defies biologists to come up with a neurological mechanism that could not be modeled or at least matched in power and flexibility by software running on a computer. He refuses to fall on his knees before the mystery of the human brain. “Generally speaking,” he says, “the core of a disagreement I’ll have with a critic is, they’ll say, Oh, Kurzweil is underestimating the complexity of reverse-engineering of the human brain or the complexity of biology. But I don’t believe I’m underestimating the challenge. I think they’re underestimating the power of exponential growth.”

120 Comments on "Singularity: Kurzweil on 2045, When Humans and Machine Merge"

ThaFreeRadikal
1 year 7 months ago

For some strange reason, the media has started promoting "bio-hacking" and "nootropics", as though they're just regular habits or cool new lifestyle trends… And I find it disturbing, because in my humble opinion they're in line with the transhumanist agenda. Any thoughts on this?

Zak pera

Will the singularity in 2045 Lead to omnipotent AI?

Zak Perea

Will the singularity in 2045 Lead to omnipotent AI?

Zak Perea

Will the singularity in 2045 Lead to omnipotent, omniscient, and omnipresent AI?

Zak Pera

Will the singularity in 2045 Lead to omnipotent, omniscient, and omnipotent AI

Zak Perea

Will the singularity in 2045 omnipotent, omniscient, and omnipresent "god-like" AI?

Zak Perea

Will the singularity lead to omnipotent

J.H.

No machinery in my system. No RFID chips in my system.

I'd rather take a headshot than cope with NWO.

MILAGROS
i think this image reminds me about matrix, this movie is so important in these times , lookin back in the past ,i never would thought about the posibility of hooking up a human with a machine , until I saw the picture in this article , and of course i´ve red many articles about the new trend: "transhumanism" I think in certain way, there is a chance that the elite wants us hook up in a reality where they can control us , like matrix , and of course there is a big agenda going on, like the video… Read more »

Yaawn! You guys are such hypocrites!! Next time you end up in hospital, tell the doctors not to hook you up to life supporting machines and when you walk out (that if your still alive) do not use an electric wheel chair….We are already using trans-humanist technology suckers. If your against it burn your local hospitals!

Lim Lynn

@BLAKZULU
did you know that hooked life supporting machine saves lives especially you or others got involved in accident that doesn’t mean it’s H+ since others such as nurses or doctors recommend to help accident victims to survive till them wake up from their coma.

wax
the kurzweil approach, simulation, is useful but irrelevant philosophically, because in a non-deterministic universe any mismatch between the correct representation of the organism and its planned behavior will be corrected. In other words, you substitute the work of a hypothetical soul with statistical data (gathered from the behavior of hypothetical souls) and have a perfect replica, and maybe you even try to use it as proof that no soul exists while nothing has changed- all in good faith, of course. A better approach is to design a simulation of a world with different rules than ours (gotta simplify, see how… Read more »
Max Gianni

I love how groups like Tokio Hotel, and the Black Eyed peas are trying to brainwash teens into thinkin being a Android/Robot makes you look "cool" and hides all this subliminal messeging behind will.i.ams severe autotune. in I Gotta Feeling, if you strip the backing vocals you can here "Join Us WHOOO HOOOO" Join Us Tonight"

HumanoidAmburr

watch it, Tokio Hotel is not part of the Illuminati. >>

thoughts
this is slightly random to me but there are quite a few people who are against any talk of Christ or the bible at all.. don't you guys find it weird that something "silly or senseless for weak ppl" has been accurate again and again? I think that says quite a bit. Other people delve into things that open them up spiritually that have nothing to do with Jesus Christ and that is ok. But anyone with a Bible is not clued into science and the reasonable way things should work. People are worshipping so many things nowadays. Technology, money,… Read more »
Faith

Preach!

I ignore people that bash others (unproved too) for their spiritual beliefs or for their love of the Bible. I would never waste my time arguing with them. Leave a fool to their folly.

Faith

Meant to say unprovoked not unproved.

Mike

"We can make your sorrows, pain, anger and heart ache go away"

Don't we already do it chemically with drugs and such?

Mike

You know it wouldn't be hard to make ppl want to be transhuman if you make being human so unbearable that you beg for an alternative.

I.E. pollute the water, food supply, mind, body, mutations, disease etc.

Sounds like the Matrix only this is already happening…

Brendan

That's the problem right there, that these people are basing their lives on faith. That's a pretty massive gamble if you ask me. Why not live a good and just life because it's the right thing to do? And why not help yourself when it comes to things like this instead of waiting for Christ to come around again or something because I have a feeling that's probably not going to happen. Having faith in God isn't going to change the way outside forces affect your life; you are the one that does that.

Why?

That's true… but doesn't validate or invalidate objective realities on either side. "Goodness" and "badness" are relative. It would be one thing if faith alone is the requirement for proof for some. It wasn't enough for me in my agnostic and unsure days.

Why?

I see.

Thank you for answering and not being nasty.

nolemmingshere
What some people call spirituality can't really exist because it doesn't have any physical manifestation. Spirituality is simply a human emotion. And like all emotions it is entirely within one's own mind. "What of those who have experienced a physical manifestation of a spirit/Spirit they ID as a god/God?" They have simply misidentified what they experienced. The physical manifestation they experienced was obviously a manifestation of something else, not God. There cannot be any physical manifestation or proof of something that does not exist. They need to get their emotions under control and not let their emotions control them. Believe… Read more »
Why not?

Faith is a poor substitute for logic and reason.

nolemmingshere

@Brendan

You are so very right!!

SolidSnake

This is ridiculous there is no such thing as machines being humans its like

cloning it defies the act of life and every thing we believe in this guy should

be ….. i dont realy know what to say he is mad to think a human can be

replaced by a machine. Any thing electronic dealing with a computer can be

hacked and used for bad and good wether these so called humans made

from robotic parts they can be currupted as well. The laws of physics and

biology say this is mad and i do as well…..

skopp888

Maybe he's a robot

Chloe

When I got that magazine in the mail a couple weeks ago, I thought to myself "Oh, boy!!! And on a national magazine too!" Then I thought about VC and here it is. It's scary how they are coming out into the open with it.

iga
the singularity is probably the most important thing to happen since we grew a brain, no one is going to b forced to become transhumane that would be evil but to hold others back that want to is also evil as for a machine having a soul that is questionable what if a complex machine hacks itself a biological body does that count as having a soul judging tomorow by today standard is as riducules as passing judgement on the past with todays standards plus maybe some of u are happy being flesh and blood ordinary people but some of… Read more »
23Skidoo

Machines don't have souls. If Kurzweil wants to experiment with fusing computers into his own body, let him do it, but leave me out of it. You've only got the one body, if you mess it up, you're toast.

Zak Perea

Will the singularity lead to omnipotent, omniscient, and omnipresent AI?

jfkdjk

man that picture creeps me out every time i see it…especially how the "human" is so pale…ewww 🙁

~b
This all relates to a spiritual war. Even if you don't believe in God and Satan, the Illuminati do… Satan in the form of Lucifer. Satan's whole goal and the blueprint for the end times is to be an opposite match of Jesus. The whole notion of Satan as adversary is that he wants to be equal or above God… the only thing is that Satan cannot create life. With all the dark, occult magick and secrets of the universe, he cannot create life… so he mimics it in forms that are an abomination. Much of dark magick and satanism… Read more »
love4all

What happens when we die?…Please read "Journey of Souls" by Michael Newton

after reading this book, my fear melted away like a thin cloud, I dont fear death, im actually excited at the prospect and how much more i will learn and see!

There is no hell where our souls go, only understanding and help to be better next time in our next life, the concept of hell was created by the same people we talk about now to scare us into conforming to their will!

Very nicely put Yomael, but what if one is to look beyond the Illuminati as the ones burdening our shoulders? Each and every individual that sets up a limitation within the psyche of our mind, be it your parents by saying "This doesn't exist", to the Workforce "This is what Life is", to the Government, and so on and so forth. Hierarchies within hierarchies within hierarchies, and it goes on like layers on Photoshop or data coding in a Computer. I can further this example, but its early and I look like one of you zombies. Imagination is Key –… Read more »
N/A

No matter how awesome technology gets, this is actually creepy. I'd rather be strapped to a good old fashioned rocket rather than any wires and plastic they bring up.