Jan 24th, 2012 | Category: Latest News | 133 comments

Tim Thomas holding up the Stanley Cup in spring 2011

One of the perks of winning a championship title in professional sports is to attend the traditional White House meet-and-greet, where the President himself comes out to congratulate the players and to throw a few pre-scripted jokes. Well Tim Thomas, the all-star goalie of the Boston Bruins and winner of the playoff MVP award did not perceive this rare occasion as a privilege. Nope, in a gutsy and controversial move, the only American-born player on the entire team totally boycotted the event. In his Facebook page, Thomas explained the reason of his absence:

“I believe the Federal government has grown out of control, threatening the Rights, Liberties, and Property of the People. This is being done at the Executive, Legislative, and Judicial level. This is in direct opposition to the Constitution and the Founding Fathers vision for the Federal government.

Because I believe this, today I exercised my right as a Free Citizen, and did not visit the White House. This was not about politics or party, as in my opinion both parties are responsible for the situation we are in as a country. This was about a choice I had to make as an INDIVIDUAL.

This is the only public statement I will be making on this topic.”

His absence was not well received AT ALL by fans and journalists who called him a “disgrace” and a “right-wing redneck”. I call him “someone who knows what the hell is going on and won’t stand for it”. The last few administrations have indeed betrayed the very foundations of the US Constitution and it doesn’t take a “right-wing redneck” to realize it. We’ve seen in the past weeks the voting of some of the most disgusting laws in US History, notably the NDAA, the police-state law.

So, in short, it takes guts to win a Stanley Cup but it takes balls of iron-clad steel to reject the President and to tell the world what you think about the presidency. Kudos, Tim Thomas. I for one respect your move.

Tags: ,

COMMENTS

Please note that the comments are moderated and that all spam, insults, proselytizing and hate speech will be removed.

133 Comments to “NHL Champ Tim Thomas Declines White House Invitation Due To “Out of Control Government””

1. Steven says:

"Free Citizen" is an oxymoron. But good on him anyway.

2. Freezevain says:

Salute!

3. Sie Leben says:

I read something in a German newspaper about it this morning and I was positively surprised of the courage this dude shows. It would be highly productive if more celebrities took such a position.

• Amy Johansen says:

Sadly most celebrities wont because they are puppets. :(

BUT Things like this give me hope! I am always trying to point people to information to help them realize that our rights are being taken from us one at time, often stealthily so it happens without the public noticing. Its not too late to fight back! :) I don't take the "Oh the worlds gonna end anyway who cares" approach, yes it will, but in the mean time, I'm fighting like hell to keep it at bay!

God Bless ~Amy

• michael says:

I think that possibly more "Political Leaders" shouldadopt this position as well…

4. Freedom says:

How good he must have felt boycotting them.

5. LoNDoN says:

This guy is a for-real badass!

Way to go Tim Thomas. You just made my hero list.

"I snubbed the President." Priceless.

6. Skegeeace says:

As long as it's not one of those "Obama is a socialist/terrorist!" motivated snubbings, good on him. I just can't stand the fact that some people act like Pres. Obama is the ONLY shady president that's ever held any office. Wonder why…::eyeroll::

• tina says:

It's quite obvious some commentors didn't read his actual statement or they wouldn't be saying things like "I hope this isn't an Obama/socialist thing". He clearly stated ALL parties were to blame. I always liked hockey because I like to watch people beat each other up, its a great stress relief without myself having to do the bashing, but I don't watch it regularly. I might have to change that :) RIGHT ON TIM THOMAS!!

• Sledgehammer says:

It has nothing to do with skin color, just the fact that has created more debt than anyone in history. He promised change and gave us more of the same. Alot more of the same. So hating on him and calling him a socialist has nothing to do with skin color but all to do with his policy and actions.

• PlumCrazyChally says:

Sorry, Charlie.

If you would take the time to read the non-partisan GAO report on the national debt, you would see that it was Reagan who added more to the debt than any president in modern history.

7. 27 moni says:

I really dont understand some of the people in this country who protest anyone who speaks out against our government. The same thing happens to the dixie chicks for speaking out against george bush. It's like some of us are so patriotic that we just agree with whatever our government does and we dont question it. If we do then that means we hate america. We are slowly becoming like any other country were there is no freedom of speech or opinion..

• FairRabbit says:

Exactly. My whole family and most of my friends are either ex military or in it right now, and I'm not afraid to say I disagree with the whole damn thing. I think it's a fluke and have been called Anti-American because of it. Our whole system is filled with crooks and no one wants to put any blame on people in power for fear of being lashed out against.

That's why the word sheeple came into existence. Most people live their whole lives defined by this word.

• Jleo says:

Most people do not understand the meaning of patriotism. A true patriot is the person that protects its country from its goverment. You do not have to follow everything they say blindly. Always demand for an explanation for every action they take. They are humans and humans makes mistakes. Not everything they do is right.

8. juan says:

Like they even care! One way or the other, this people will complete what they started and no amount of criticism will stop them until prophecy has fulfilled itself. Some courage there Tim, I hope you have a trouble-free life and career after this.

• FairRabbit says:

I too agree that this has to happen because it's been spoken about in the prophesy of Revelation. If you don't believe in the Bible, I ask you to just research a little. About 30% of the book is prophesy, unlike any other religious book out there. It predicted a lot of things that have come true. It said the Jews would return to their homeland, and millions of them did in the 1940's. It was the beginning of the end times prophesy.

It's a deplorable thing that all this crap has to happen, but it will. The people ranting that they must come together to stop it I feel are wasting their time. If it's written, that means it has already happened in God's eyes and it will happen in our linear time sometime in the near future.

We are not living in this FANTASY Leave It To Beaver world they tell us we live in.

9. yahdavea says:

"My country right or wrong." – famous last words just before said country slips into totalitarianism.

God bless you, Tim Thomas.

10. Dudley says:

Thank God for ppl like Tim Thomas!

11. Cons19 says:

Huge hockey fan, and I already liked Thomas (although he plays for a rival team). Now I gotta say that this guy just plain rules.

• Mike b says:

I am a die hard hockey fan from Vancouver. Yes a Canucks fan ( no I didn't riot). So as you can imagine my heart was broken by Tim Thomas. Until I heard about his protest, Mr. Thomas was in my top 10 least liked people list. Now I am starting a petition to elect him the first American born Prime Minister of Canada. The guy clearly gets it. Its good to see a wealthy person take a stand against the government. We need more people like him in this world. Go Tim Go.

• DK says:

@Mike B

Bruins fan here and I salute you for putting the grudge in perspective given the larger issue. At the end of the day, we're all humans and hockey fans!

ALL media and fans didnt disparage him and twist his words to their convenient denials… many media members (small potatoes agreed) backed his move and I havent come across any (Bruins) fans who have a problem with TT (though acknowledge a lot of sleepers waving flags at all sporting events)

Hockey is a global sport that has successfully dissolved boundaries and prejudices throughout its history and TT represents that

12. Cons19 says:

…Oh, and I guess standing for the Constitution makes you a "right-wing redneck." I was unaware of the connection. I'll go update my resume.

• Sarah Connor says:

I think it could have also been the red hair and Grizzly Adams beard. The metrosexual presstitutes just mindlessly defaulted to their standard rhetoric. In any case, we need more men like him in this country! With a quickness.

13. Ted says:

He is a Hero.

I think they already have the false flag ready and the biological agent for the depopulation event ready though.

If there really is a honest to God thru line from Kennedy being killed to attempt on Reagan to Bush/Clinton/Bush/Obama then time of quiet protest maybe a little late… If the full story is true these conspirators need something like the US population as a group rising up. But people can't even stop the TSA at the airport?

14. That's how the media divides us, if you go against one party you are a dumb redneck; if you go against the other you are a communist etc stop playing into that people! If I hear someone propagating like that on the street I will seriously bash your head in I'm sick of it! Don't think I'm playing either! We don't have time for that pettiness and bickering like children anymore! And it makes us look impaired mentally! This is a real situation that the last presidents for decades have put us in it so quit perpetuating it! Don't listen to foreigners on the internet either; they are not bad people but they just have no business in our affairs just as we have none in theirs! Occupy everything! **** The Jesuits, the Zionists, the UN, the Fed, **** them all and all the organizations they run!!!!

• I want the truth says:

Michael, please do note that since the USA is the world's No. 1 economy & has a great influence on the rest of the world, what happens in the USA affects the rest of the world significantly. Sure, I'm from Asia, but foreigners like us would like to know what goes on in the USA because it affects our economies, politics, businesses & ordinary people's lives too. Please don't be so shallow as to think that foreigners should leave the USA completely alone. Sometimes you can understand a situation better and hence solve it better when you're not so near-sighted.

That said, the Elite have a significant hold on Asia too, through media, art, entertainment, design, businesses & politics too. I've seen the outside of my country's Masonic lodge before, & I have friends in the know & are enlisted in the army who have noticed chemtrails & received injections by the army. They are not comfortable with everything, as much as I'm not comfortable with what's going on in my country recently–politically, socially and economically. I've been making connections with everything that has been happening in the world & neither Europe nor the USA is alone in being under the Elites' control. I fear for my country's ignorant people, as well as those of the world.

If everyone who is aware of the workings of the Elite cooperates, regardless of nationality, race, language, age, gender, or religion, we would be able to work towards thwarting the plans of the Elite. It's not so simple, I know, but it's better to take a small step of progress than none at all.

Peace, love, strength & courage to all of you. & God bless.

15. jose menny says:

i totally agree. it's both parties and it is non-productive to our national foundation, if not backwards in itself.

16. D says:

Someone needs to buy that buy a beer. He's a beast.

17. James Wolfe says:

Good for Thomas, a man with a brain. Its not just Obama as he says, its been going on for a long time, in the States and Canada. Massive government growth, massive mounting debt, more government intrusion into all aspects of our life, a daily dose of spin and BS coming from all government… Government is out of control and needs to be reigned in and none of the mainstream parties will do this. They are the problem, they have created this mess.

"We don’t want the party to end, the “free” trips, expense accounts…perks, gold plated pensions, free this, free that…Yes indeed, see we in government, are all entitled to our entitlements folks and we can’t stop that, at least not until we retire. Our unions say so, it’s ours and we want it now…$$”

Scum bag parasitic unions, police, crown corporations, all government…all the same, bankrupting future generations…and they don’t give a damn. All you hear from government is high priced, expensive spin, lies…BS.

Try to digest this scum bags.Who do you think is going to pay off all this debt you are leaving your children, your grandchildren? That’s what I thought, you don’t care! You greedy, greedy scum bags.

We need a new party, a new leader willing to deal with the facts, the truth for a change. We need a real fiscally conservative, common sense leader/party…. Things need to be cut in all government. The future is at stake here and no one is willing to deal with this, how sad, how pathetic, all of you.

• Ted says:

It's not about big government. It's about the soon extermination of social classes. The debt won't be a problem for our children.

Our children will be dead. You don't owe money to family trees that have no one alive to claim it. All property just reverts back to the State.

18. …"Kudos, Tim Thomas. I for one respect your move." VC

Me too, Tim Thomas. I too respect your move!

19. DIAKONOS says:

Much respect for standing up and saying what needs to be said; although I wonder what would've happen if he actually went there and told that to the president's face in an respectful and intelligent manner.

On a second thought, it would'nt have been as efective as rejecting the offer. All this bad press rep has been good in comunicating what he actually thinks.

20. Quietstorm says:

Did you guys notice the Obama jersey, number 11… oh welll..

• I did notice the 11 on Obama's jersey; In the occult the number 11 has special significance. In Numerology it is a master number. Meaning that it is not reduced to a single digit. It is a power number as is 22, 33 etc. The number 11 represents the vision. The number 22 combines vision with action. The number 33 offers guidance to the world. The master numbers 11, 22, and 33 represent a triangle. A triangle of enlightenment or illumination.

21. Sarah Connor says:

I think I might have just developed a crush! Yup, I did!

22. IGotThis says:

I also give the man his dues. It's exactly what everyone should do, stand up for what is RIGHT.

23. Diana says:

Just saw Fox news covering the story: Only no mention of Tim Thomas. It was all about how John Carey participated and received two black eyes. What does that say about our media?

• Amy Johansen says:

Kind of like how the media tends to ignore Ron Paul exist? ;P

Why acknowledge something they wish didn't exist? Is what I am guessing they're thinking. And since so many ppl STILL buy in to mass media, it has worked for a while, but it's working less and less, more and more people are opening their eyes.

They'll have to pick a new tactic pretty soon, or at least until they gain total control (which isn't just yet, nor do WE have to let it be now!).

God Bless ~Amy

24. LVB says:

This is awesome. What a bold move and statement for this guy to make in such a public way, even though the mass media will obviously not help to spread this message at all. That alone tells us who they are and what they want…and do not want.

This guy will now probably find himself subjected to tax audits and other forms of harrassment, just as the poor shlub "Joe the Plumber" found himself being immediately being harrassed and persecuted after having the audacity to simply ask Obama during the election campaign about his Socialist beliefs…and yeah, he used the "S" word, so that's unacceptable to these world govt criminals. And of course, they sent their minions and buddies forth to attack and slander this regular guy who was just exercising his right to freedom of speech – and more importantly, freedom of thought.

So, here's to Tim Thomas, and may he inspire many others to make a stand and "Appeal to Heaven" against the corruption and abuse of the current elite kings and tyrants of our world.

• Amanda says:

I also wholeheartedly applaud his stance Way to go man!!!

He is 100% on the 'anti-american' list now for sure so I do hope he has a back up plan and he spends his millions of dollars either building a housing complex 'off-grid', or creating plans for a quick move abroad in a private jet when the time comes as once the police state kicks in, him and his family are sure to be picked up!!!

We all really seriously need to start becoming more prepared as the economic collapse looms. The government hasn't passed their draconian police state laws for nothing!!

25. CMax says:

WAY TO GO! World needs more role models with morals and the guts to exercise their remaining rights.

26. Freetoday says:

Good for him, man. That is awesome. I posted that as my status on Facebook. What a wonderful act of courage? God bless you Tim Thomas.

27. dunga says:

the parties are jus 2 heads of the same 7 headed dragon! Big up Tim

28. Sandra says:

Well done. NHL is a lot smarter than the NFL. Those thugs would have been happy to run up to the big house.

29. Domanique says:

The founding fathers were in on it too, we just don't see all that they did and they were at the much earlier stages of the plan…

• halo says:

@Domanique

Don't confuse all Masons with Illuminati. Many of the founding fathers were Masons, but not Illuminati. Illuminati did appear 1776, but the founding fathers of this nation were more influenced by the British Enlightenment than the later movement (they would have been grown men by then).

It's a classic, all blue birds are birds, but not all birds are blue birds. And yeah I vigilant too.

Hats off to Tim Thomas, he's earned some major respect in NJ.

• 1993Baby says:

America is called "The Great Experiment" for a reason. All the upper class had rigid control of who gets into power from the very beginning, don't be deluded into thinking that anyone genuinely cared for you: the average Joe.

Just Sayin'.

• Amanda says:

@1993Baby I agree. I think capital 'THEY' think that the American experiment has failed which is why they are now purposefully trying to destroy it via economic collapse and of course the daily poisoning, dumbing down and sterilisation of the masses. They never want to Republic like America to ever exist as they don't want mass resistance!!

I seriously think for those in the US, if you do have family abroad, you better start becoming acquainted with them so when they time comes, you can make a quick exit. Although whose to say that there aren't FEMA camps in the UK? Maybe behind Buckingham Palace or something!!?

30. Anastasia says:

Tim Thomas for President.

31. flower says:

What a guy. A sports champion + he's managed to keep his respect and his HONOR. Even better than being a sports champion. =)

32. paisleycerebrum says:

"This is in direct opposition to the Constitution and the Founding Fathers vision for the Federal government."

actually, there is no opposition. this is exactly what the Founding Fathers wanted. still well said. kudos to Thomas.

33. wichterich says:

i highly respect his move to.. shoot i would definitely do it to if i were a who's who in entertainment or sports!

34. 2x Helix says:

Tim, we need more like you buddy!

35. Chris says:

This guys awesome! new fan here.

36. Truth/Lie=Respect! says:

This warms the cockles of my heart. I thought all top athlete were full of …. I'm glad to see one with a good head on their shoulders.

I just hope he doesn't get jerked around next season because of this.

37. ShaniceKalei says:

I saw an article about this on AOL.com & I knew right away he was vigilant!

38. Zafiro says:

Thats takes alot of HOCKEY PUCKS TO DO THAT! WELL DONE!

39. bob says:

let s support him the best way we can

we need people like him

40. that mexican chick says:

My hero!

41. Star says:

As a fellow hockey fan, this makes me so proud. Much respect for this man, my new hockey hero.

42. Enlivened says:

He'll be branded a terrorist now

43. 09jf09djf says:

Born in Michigan, college goalie of the University of Vermont Catamounts, now the hero of New England for an amazing shutout win in Vancouver (causing some idiot vancouverites to riot. Some vancouver fans did not riot, some did. There are always asses who want to riot somewhere).

I watched him hoist that trophy and take it for a walk last year. Thomas puts the team on his back. He was 31 when he got the callup after being in the AHL, and he was only there because of injuries, and hadn't played more than a handful of NHL games–flash forward to being the best damn goalie and lifting up that silver cup years later. Tim Thomas's saves are beautiful. His work ethic and resistance to idiots who claim he should be traded because of his age–like Ray Allen of the Boston Celtics, a similarly untouchable legend–is incredible. There is literally nothing that could be said about this man except in praise, because he succeeded from hard work.

But he can't talk. Athletes shouldn't talk. They should keep their mouths shut. It's disgusting. This is why rape was rampant in pro sports in the past (one book detailing it is Crossing the Line by Laura Robinson), because athletes shouldn't talk. Men don't whine or speak out. This is steroid use, homophobia, and guns hidden in lockers and it's players' mental/drug problems, not just freedom of speech issues. They run, sweat, win, take their medal home and shut up and be grateful for the contracts.

Similar to a lot of performers, I guess.

Thomas gives a well-worded statement and people forget who he is; a hardworking American who only has what he's earned. Even if you disagree with everything he said, let him stand up for his beliefs. He's American and has the right to do it.

44. WakeUpSheeple says:

Hard not to respect that!! We need more ppl like him.

45. passionate says:

Well, it appears that the majority feel Tim Thomas is a hero, Tim Thomas for President, Tim Thomas is courageous, bold, etc. etc. etc. I read his comments and though he did not blame any party and was just exercising his right as a citizen to reject the President's offer was his decision to make. However, sadly, he was the only American on on the team so we will not have an American representation.

The fact that Tim Thomas rejected the offer to meet the President will not change our government in any way whatsover. President Obama did not create all of these problems that we are facing, it was here from previous presidencies and President Obama has inherited alot of the baggage, debt, etc. President Obama is the most diplomatic, poised, calm, and highly intelligent President that we have ever seen. It is truly unfortunate that the President is so misunderstood, hated by some, and the brunt of jokes and scorn.

I pray that he wins re-election for the President of the United States for another term. He has made banks and Wall Street accountable. He has done a tremendous job trying to turn our country around. God bless President Obama, and God Bless America as I enjoy listening to the rest of the State of the Union.

• Soulsabor says:

I agree with passionate. Hes got my vote.

• LVB says:

Obama is misunderstood, huh?? Wow, that's a laugh.

You might be more than a little naive if you really believe what you've said here. Either that or you know better and are just willingly spewing the party line propaganda and disinformation.

Made the banks accountable? Dear Lord…where to even begin on that one? You must not be aware that Obama was and is financed almost completely by the criminals at Goldman Sachs and the insane wannabe-Dr. Evil, George Soros' and their billions.

This is by far the most corrupt and secretive administration in the history of the United States, and you'd have to be wearing blinders and severely out of touch not to see that. Despite all the promises of "transparency" and acccountability, everything including "Obamacare" has been done with secrecy and deceptive tactics, of course not keeping the promise to make new laws available on the internet for public review before they were voted on – most of the Congress people had not even read the 2,000+ page monstrosity of Obamacare when they voted on it, several having received huge payoffs to support it…if anyone still remembers that in this time of mass media brainwashing and programmed forgetfulness.

Spending and adding $4 TRILLION+ to the US debt in a little over 2 YEARS (the most in US history, btw), when it took 235 YEARS to reach the first $10 trillion – and for what??? Where did all that historic cash go?? Well, it bailed out all those criminal bankers, including his pals at Goldman Sachs and Fannie Mae/Freddie Mac – what a coincidence! Oh yes, and then there's a few hundred million here and there for Solyndra and other fraudulent and failed-by-design "green jobs" ventures.

This is a recipe for disaster, global economic collapse and enslavement by design, not success and liberty.

Anyway, support whoever you want to, but please do not be delusional about this man being anything less than a thieving criminal of historic proportions, taking unlimited expensive vacations and playing golf during the worst economic crisis of our lifetimes – generally living large while Rome burns, and the rest of us suffer.

He is a sociopath, without a conscience, period. And although he's certainly not the only one, and probably not even the worst among them, we all need to face reality on that level.

• Sarah Connor says:

And just to shake it up – please investigate his old stomping ground – "Man's Country". Look up Larry Sinclair, Donald Young and and his latest administrative 'body man' Reggie Love. This guy has got a graveyard of skeletons in his closet, politically and personally.

He started his speech last night at 9:11

He signed the NDAA (our legal slavery) bill on 12.31.2011 = 11

While on vacation, the weekend and a holiday. Is he committed or what? There is so, so, so much more……but this post has actually made me speechless so I am literally tongue/keyboard tied right now. Glad you replied LVB!

• Amanda says:

@passionate You'll be singing 'God Bless America' and President Obama all the way to the FEMA camps if you're not careful my dear! x

I'm sure his hand just slipped and he accidently signed the Police State into law!

• face in the crowd says:

What law ;) When shit hits the fan, if I am lucky enough to be alive, there is no law in my moral mind.

Police state can only exist if you allow it to. Why adults are scared of death and

pain is beyond me.

Obama is a front. As soon as Shepard Fairy made the Hope poster, I saw the brand and knew…the code. Distract the youth with pop

aesthetic so they wont seek more fact on his past. Obama has serious connections

to Freddie Mac and Fannie Mae AND consequently the collapse

of housing market. Now, banks have bought up

prime real estate at astronomically low

prices. I wonder why? Think hard now

kids.

I welome possible death for a shot at revenge within total chaos and anarchy. Till then, I watch and wait. No kids so I think about the children daily…I know

I would feel differently if I had children but…I have a gun and thus…I welcome

the police state. They fear us.

pride in my working class human race instead.

46. I'm glad he did the same thing I did when some sewer rat Council on Foreign Relations puppet thought he could come on my property and lie to my family.

Life is too short to waste it talking to traitorous fraudulent psychopathic scum who are well paid to destroy our countries.

47. Eric says:

I never liked hockey until now. Here's to you.

48. michael says:

if you're white and you oppose big government you're called a racist. if you're black and you oppose big government you're called a sell out.

They're so clever.

49. Doodles says:

Good for him taking a stand. I agree with his comments that it is a whole line of presidents that have made bad decisions for this country for years & years, them and a lot of various cronies that work in our government. But, Pres. Obama has NOT helped. He has change alright, change for the worse. He will not get my vote. Not sure that matters. I used to try to choose the best candidate, then it was pick the lesser of the evils, now there doesn't seem to be a lesser evil? Only evil to choose from, how do we vote? God have mercy on us. If you are a believer in Christ & reading this, let us please pray for our leaders, whether we like or agree with them or not, they need prayers!

50. eee says:

Timmmmyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Glad a cheller know what up, sure lots do, sure lots don't

51. TGBX says:

The reaction from the media has been absolutely shameful. Today I was watching prime time sports, a talk show on sportsnet (Fan 590 radio here in Toronto). One of the first things I noticed was how confused they all were by the statement. They just didn't understand it, or at least if they did, they intentionally muddled the meaning behind what he said. It was sad watching them scramble to associate Thomas with an established political party or viewpoint. Why is it so difficult to understand that the man is simply unsatisfied with the way his country is being run… BY BOTH PARTIES. Why can't someone just have an opinion, separate from a political allegiance that inherently dictates all of their beliefs. It's truly absurd how simple minded people have become.

The most frightening part about it was when one of the regular hosts, Damien Cox, said something along the lines of, "This is way beyond right wing or left wing… these people who say the government is bad or corrupt.. they're the one's who go blowing things up. They scare me"

This man essentially just associated expressing discontent with your government with terrorism. I wonder how many of these media voices are being pressured to belittle, insult, and chastise Tim Thomas right now. Can you say Mccarthyism? Just replace the label communist with terrorist. This whole thing is set in motion, just a matter of time before they start putting those FEMA camps to use.

52. theseeker says:

***APPLAUSE*** This is one of the greatest moves from an individual these days!!!

53. Smh says:

@passionate and other sheeple like him/her aka sheeple…

Sometimes I marvel at your ignorance. I really do. You would vote for Obama again and yet, you hated Hitler. Why? Is it be cause he staged a false flag event just to decieve the people of Germany, is it because he led the extermination of some 6 million jew in FEMA–OOPS, I meant concentration camps…. I could go on on about Hitler and you would never see the blatant similarities that Obama and Hitler has. That's why you, my friend are the sheeple–misled by our corrupt government, caught up entirely in a trance that is perpetuated by your daily dose of PROPAGATED INDOCTRINATION from the MED(IUM)A. *cough* mind control at its finest. Our tax dollars are truly at work I see.

I applaud and respect Mr. Thomas. He exercised his remaining right without compromising his beliefs.Had Mr. Thomas had gone to this event and voiced his opinion–Im sure Mr. Obama would have either ignored him or had him thrown out by White House Staff. Obama would have AND is ignoring this CITIZEN –along with the rest of us as he continues to relentlessly strip us of our rights.

If Obama is elected again, we will continue to lose our rights and this country, along with the World, will inevitably get far worse than you could ever imagine. You think that you / we the people actually have a say in anything our government does. You are truly ignorant. I pity you because once this facade is over and the TRUTH is ALL you will see, you will be heartbroken thanks to your own ignorance.

Sad really, we have people who have died to give us the truth about this world and people like you refuse to see. I see that those few TRUE patriota have died in vain.

If you have any belief in our CREATOR/YHWH look to your Bible, Quran, etc and it will reveal to you the ways of the world.

If you do not believe, that is ok too. I suggest you conduct your own research using this website as your first reference point. Why dont you try thinking for yourself somtime rather than coming to a site like this and openly spewing ignorance. If you truly feel Obama is the man with the plan who can is Superman….. You are in for a REAL awakening.

I pray that your eyes and the eyes of everyone just like you are opened but I doubt that will happen. You see, it is stated in the bible that you wont. All of these world events, wars, etc. Have already been prophesized and sadly it has still happened. This upcomin New World order, which was said in a speech given by Bush Sr. On 9/11/90 was mentioned in the Bible as well.

The truth is out there, its up to you to find it.

When the time comes for our newly (s)elected president of the world to start detaining us into FEMA Camps, do you think Super Obama will save you by claiming that you were a loyal sheeple. Sorry to tell you, but you will be killed to. I.e. Georgia Guidestones-keep the world population under 500,000,000. Funny how that is put in plain sight and the poor sheeple who lice their and drive past it everyday-never gives it any thought.

54. Smh says:

Sorry for the errors, hope you all still got the message though.

55. dori says:

Kudos to Tim Thomas, from Europe.

56. Jim Wolfe says:

I salute you Tim Thomas-you are a very informed individual and that took alot of guts to make a stand like that

57. anamericanmom says:

Thank you Tim Thomas! Many men feel as he does (including my husband) but do no have the public platform. I use to be a news addict, but now I am a news anorexic. I refuse to ingest the media propaganda. I only involve myself in things I can control, my family, work, healthy food. I refuse to even listen to the boorish republican debates. A total joke. Obama will win again and it doesn't matter, because he is just a figurehead. It is all a joke on us. They just take themselves seriously. I asked someone why bother voting, since I don't like either party, and that person recommended to participate in local elections, where we can make a difference. Trickle up theory?

• halo says:

But Mom, you are doing what they want. By freely giving up your right to vote, what else would you give up?

It has to start at the local level. Get involved in the school board elections or your town council. Once you try and make it local you go statewide and then national.

I'm proud to be an independent. See if there is anyone in your town willing to run Indie and see if you can help.

YOU CANNOT JUST GIVE UP. All of us deserve better than what we are getting now. I worry about what kind of country my 2 year old niece will live in. So please mom, if not for you or your husband, how about for all the kids that will be living here when we (all us vigilants) are gone?

58. Beverly says:

BEAUTIFUL!

59. Dave says:

Im a die hard Canadian Canucks fan, wow, he just garnered much respect from me. Good on him!

60. europeguy says:

GREAT! all the best from europe

61. Truman says:

Big Up to Tim Thomas…. Showing true warrior spirit! We Salute You! :)

62. turnkey says:

These little acts of civil defiance matter in bringing attention to the growing slow tyranny of our government! God bless Mr. Thomas and his family during the inevitable backlash. The right things are indeed often the hardest.

P.S. When people throw around terms like "redneck," what they really mean is CONSERVATIVE (and often rural) WHITE PEOPLE. It is their attempt to shame us into capitulation of urban, elite socialist ideals through implying racism, which is a tired and often VERY inaccurate caricature.

Using a play from the far-left playbook, "own the phrase by taking it back and using it yourself!" to redefine what it means. Drives them bonkers when you use their techniques on them.

Continued Blessings to all.

63. doug says:

takes a hockey player to lead the way! thanks Tim for taking a stand.!!

64. agamble says:

Well. . . I am sure you all know about dog whistles and their purpose. You have answered yours well. How tasteless of a public figure to disrespect the office of the President. No better than Governor Brewer of Arizona sticking her finger in the President's face. Publicity stunt??? President Obama has worked hard for the average American from health insurance for individuals with PRE-existing conditions to fighting to keep our taxes from being raised. He has ended the war in Iraq saving us, the taxpayers, billions of dollars to finance an unjust war. I don't understand the people around me today and that includes those of you who post to Vigilant Citizen. There is a basic lack of "class", and respect for one another.

One other point, we pride ourselves on being a Christian nation. But one thing is sorely lacking and that is treating one another as we want to be treated. Didn't the Lord say to love one another as I have loved you? Let's start practicing that no matter the politics of the day.

• drewe says:

The Lord said we should love each other but Christ still gave a piece of his mind to the Pharisees and the market stalls merchants.

65. Jennifer says:

I feel he was wrong. Whether or not we agree with a president or an administration is besides the point. An invitation from the president to the white house deserves respect and compliance, plain and simple. Even the founding fathers rebelled like gentlemen. This hockey player and his parents should be ashamed. You don't have to agree with a person or like them but you do have to treat them with civility. This player might be tough on the ice but he is a chicken in real life. He didn't have the guts to face Obama and allow for him to defend himself in person. It is easy to hide behind a computer, it is harder to stand up for what you believe in person.

66. Clarion says:

Tim Thomas' flimsy excuse is just a cop-out. News flash: the government didn't just get "out of control" when President Obama was elected. I have never seen such open, unchecked disrespect of the leader of the free world in my life. Some people still can't stand the fact that the President of the United States of America is a Black man named Barack Obama. Point blank. Period.

• drewe says:

Don't assume that people don't like him because he's black. Truth to be told the only reason I initially liked him was his dark looks. I thought there would be a positive change if a leader of the Western world was for once black instead of the usual white Anglo-Saxons/Jewish clowns. The man is despicable and a two-faced opportunist, ah let's not forget a lawyer. People are actually intimidated to stand up to people like him in case they're accused of racial discrimination.

67. jamie says:

out of 67 comments only 3 thought he did the wrong thing.this 1 above me is babblin about respect & compliance sheesh are ppl really this passive to authority. I could never have any time for anyone who complies with authority, dont you get a fire in your belly when you read about something like this, dosent it make you just want to rebel against all authority.

My outer child loves takin the piss out of anybody who tries to claim authority over me.

& another thing shouldnt we be past all this trying to dominate the world shit, dont these evil f**ks realise their plans will never work because youll always get ppl who will relentlessly poke at their system until everyone views it as a joke.

Heres somethin to think about politicians are supposed to be our representatives they represent us as there was a time when most ppl couldnt read or write & were simple farmers so we needed ppl who were educated to deal with parlimentary procedures & report back.

Now most of us can read & write & have access to a network that can bring us altogether to live vote share ideas & solve problems = we dont need representatives anymore.

We should also be past the whole alfa male leader thing its for the wild beasts, not the semi civillised beasts(us)

68. ava says:

This has nothing to do with politics. Championship teams going to the White House is just that…about sports. If he was really a man about it (and since he was the only American) he could have met with President Obama and had a discussion with him. However, he took the spotlight away from his teammates. The team going to the White House is about the TEAM not the individual. What he is really doing as a citizen of the United States to help his fellow citizens? Not going to the White House is not that big a deal! President Obama is not losing any sleep about anybody not coming to the White House. Like I said be a man about it and talk to President face to face! Love your site VC!

69. Be more open-minded says:

If everyone of you on this site got an invitation to the white house, you would all go. True statement. That was a brave thing he did but I can't honestly say I wouldn't go. That would be a great opportunity to talk to the president about a few things, even if nothing is being done, it would be a ride I wouldn't miss just to say I spoke my concerns and I visited there. First hand info from the people, for the people. Isn't that what Obama preaches, lol I'm just being real about it. I may not get anywhere but I'll be able to say I tried.

70. tiredofthisreality says:

This makes me want to become a celebrity just to refuse matters like this! I LOVE when celebs come out and say (in context but outright) that they know what is going on and they do not agree. It makes me feel better to know I'm not the only one in the 'movie' that knows what's going on and no one believes them lol.

71. Donna says:

He can start watching for the audit letter from the IRS soon.

72. Katie says:

While I don't agree with his platform and think his aggression is misguided I admire his balls. I'd like to think, had I been invited to the White House by Bush I'd have answered with a hearty "Get bent." (And by bent I mean another word that starts with an f)

73. bob aveyard says:

I wouldn't let foolish pride keep me from visiting the White House no matter who was President.seems llike a protest meant to grab headlines for the floundering hockey business.

74. ruralkiller says:

Good for him standing for what he knows is right!!this is awesome but too bad it won't get no press the tools will do their job to cover it up!!!

75. Renato says:

I'm Brazilian.

In the past few years I hated North americans because, in my foolishness, I supposed they most were like Bush : Imperialist and ready to fuck the other to promote themselves.

Then I knew this URL and I realized that there's a lot of North Americans disappointed about that nasty government

– God protect us all against the ignorance

Against the ignorance we feel that we are superior to any human being

Against the ignorance we feel that violence solves problems

Against the ignorance that do not allow to feel compassion for those who suffer

Against the ignorance that make us contempt the family

– You know man, I'm really sad … In the past year I've seen that bunch of dumbass like Snopp Dogg and Pitbull making videoclips of my country like our womans were whores.

That God forgive us and plant the seed of righteousness and fear of God in the hearts of these fools men who think Lucifer is as strong as God.

" One day the angels[a] came to present themselves before the LORD, and Satan[b] also came with them. 7 The LORD said to Satan, “Where have you come from?”

Satan answered the LORD, “From roaming throughout the earth, going back and forth on it.”

8 Then the LORD said to Satan, “Have you considered my servant Job? There is no one on earth like him; he is blameless and upright, a man who fears God and shuns evil.”

9 “Does Job fear God for nothing?” Satan replied. 10 “Have you not put a hedge around him and his household and everything he has? You have blessed the work of his hands, so that his flocks and herds are spread throughout the land. 11 But now stretch out your hand and strike everything he has, and he will surely curse you to your face.”

12 The LORD said to Satan, “Very well, then, everything he has is in your power, but on the man himself do not lay a finger.”

Then Satan went out from the presence of the LORD. "

It clearly shows the supremacy of God.

– The mainstream of Satanist philosophy is:

"“You will not certainly die,” the serpent said to the woman. 5 “For God knows that when you eat from it your eyes will be opened, and you will be like God, knowing good and evil.” ""

The Death is separation from God, and want to take shortcut to spiritual growing will really fuck you…

– Don't think they will arrive proudly in Spiritual World, they will get really fucked because the evil they practiced and they will have to compensate the harm they have done with their own flesh, because the evil you make on earth, you pay on earth.

Mais vale um pobre do que um rico para Deus, pois a semente do orgulho e da arrogância tem terreno árido no , porém encontra terra fértil na alma do rico.

Sorry, I'm not fluent in English language.

76. Thomas Igoe Jr. says:

I think the decent thing for Mr. Thomas would have been to put his political difference aside and honor a "presidential" invite. I have LOST ALL RESPECT for him.

• drewe says:

It makes 2 of us then. :-P

• Before the Fall says:

Why honor the Kenyan imposter or any other scumbag who rapes the country?

The federal government has overstepped itsw constitutional authority. Time for to give the power back to the people, and not the scum who live in Washington.

The President serves me, not the other way around. Until we get back to that reality, the President can blow me.

77. Soulsabor says:

Bob dylan also rejected an invite from Obama to the white house… Didn't dylan say in an interview he made a deal with the devil?

78. Warrior says:

I will buy a Tim Thomas Jersey because he stands with the people.

79. Kate says:

I love him! Few ever truly get the opportunity to stand up for what they believe in. Mr.Thomas did and he did exactly the right thing.

I love him.

80. face in the crowd says:

Greetings Renato, from Central California, west coast of North America…

Many, many people in my state are not at all agreeing with our government and we do not support public and private sector greed (politicians, corporations, etc) so spread the world that most Americans are not how we are represented on TV to other countries…we have morals and feel empathy for the worlds poor and endangered species and we live within our means in defiance of our "elected" aka bought off officials. We are quietly mobilizing locally…it is all we can do at the moment…and we pay attention to global community…a large number of Americans want out but have no means to leave…

81. Good for him! Excellent to see someone in the public eye standing up for what they believe. It's a shame he was called 'a disgrace' by the journos and his so called 'fans' for doing so though, lets hope his actions sparked some interest from the masses…

82. RC says:

I have zero interest in sports but this guy just became my favorite athelete.

Utmost respect to Mr. Thomas for this bold choice.

83. critz says:

yup!! that's how we do it in beantown!! i was so happy when i heard about this its a shame the whole team didn't decline!!

84. S. G. says:

People act as though a president or prime minister of any country acts alone. They are slaves first, puppets second, and not independent at all on any level. They are just a face to represent the wicked agenda. The real people in control hide behind the mask of a country's president or prime minister. Even if for example Obama had an epiphany and wanted to make laws that truly helped his people he has to get approval from the group of people who are really in charge that have all the money. Has to get through the punk ass Lobbyists. Regardless of state senators votes and blah blah blah the people the president consults (the people that control him and tell him what to do) have to approve. They only approve "good" things because they do it for PR to make people "feel better" or because they will gain something from it. Republicans and Democrats are two wings attached to the same vulture. This guy is a revolutionary and never knew him until today and I hope more people follow in his footsteps.

85. casey says:

i'm glad i read this article. on my news station, it made it seem like time was just an Obama hater that didn't want to meet him. I don't watch hockey so I'd never heard of tim, but the local news anchor that i watch in l.a. said that tim didn't support president obama and didn't want to meet someone who doesn't align with his political views. from this perspective, i thought that tim seemed like a "right-wing redneck" lol and didn't support him.

after however hearing the situation in tims own words I fully agree with him and congratulate him. democrats suck. republicans suck. its all two sides of the same coin. when people realize this and wake up they won't have the power to control us anymore.

86. carolina says:

Well at least he have the courage to don't play the game we only know that the only reason the president wants to see you is because is going to ask you something you can't deny and become a mindless drone like Kim Kardashian that's the only reason she is still out there.