Nas and Damian Marley’s “Patience” (video)

I’ve received numerous e-mails regarding this video of Distant Relatives, a group formed by rapper Nas and reggae singer Damian Marley. I think it is a great song about the clash of ancient knowledge with modern science.

(Verse 1 Damian Marley)
Some of the smartest dummies
Can’t read the language of Egyptian mummies
An’ a fly go a moon
And can’t find food for the starving tummies
Pay no mind to the youths
Cause it’s not like the future depends on it
But save the animals in the zoo
Cause the chimpanzee dem a make big money
This is how the media pillages
On the TV the picture is
Savages in villages
And the scientist still can’t explain the pyramids, huh
Evangelists making a living on the videos of ribs of the little kids
Stereotyping the image of the images
And this is what the image is
You buy a khaki pants
And all of a sudden you say a Indiana Jones
An’ a thief out gold and thief out the scrolls and even the buried bones
Some of the worst paparazzis I’ve ever seen and I ever known
Put the worst on display so the world can see
And that’s all they will ever show
So the ones in the west
Will never move east
And feel like they could be at home
Dem get tricked by the beast
But a where dem ago flee when the monster is fully grown?
Solomonic linage whe dem still can’t defeat and them coulda never clone
My spiritual DNA that print in my soul and I will forever Own Lord

(Verse 2 Damian Marley)
Huh, we born not knowing, are we born knowing all?
We growing wiser, are we just growing tall?
Can you read thoughts? can you read palms?
Huh, can you predict the future? can you see storms, coming?
The Earth was flat if you went too far you would fall off
Now the Earth is round if the shape change again everybody woulda start laugh
The average man can’t prove of most of the things that he chooses to speak of
And still won’t research and find out the root of the truth that you seek of
Scholars teach in Universities and claim that they’re smart and cunning
Tell them find a cure when we sneeze and that’s when their nose start running
And the rich get stitched up, when we get cut
Man a heal dem broken bones in the bush with the wed mud
Can you read signs? can you read stars?
Can you make peace? can you fight war?
Can you milk cows, even though you drive cars? huh
Can you survive, Against All Odds, Now?

(Verse 3 Nas)
Who wrote the Bible? Who wrote the Qur’an?
And was it a lightning storm
That gave birth to the earth
And then dinosaurs were born? damn
Who made up words? who made up numbers?
And what kind of spell is mankind under?
Everything on the planet we preserve and can it
Microwaved it and try it
No matter what we’ll survive it
What’s hu? what’s man? what’s human?
Anything along the land we consuming
Eatin’, deletin’, ruin
Trying to get paper
Gotta have land, gotta have acres
So I can sit back like Jack Nicholson
Watch niggas play the game like the lakers
In a world full of 52 fakers
Gypsies, seances, mystical prayers
You superstitious? throw salt over your shoulders
Make a wish for the day cuz
Like somebody got a doll of me
Stickin’ needles in my arteries
But I can’t feel it
Sometimes it’s like ‘pardon me, but I got a real big spirit’
I’m fearless…. I’m fearless
Don’t you try and grab hold of my soul
It’s like a military soldier since seven years old
I held real dead bodies in my arms
Felt their body turn cold, oh
Why we born in the first place
If this is how we gotta go?

Regarding the symbolism of the video: yes, there are pyramids and pillars but I do not believe they are “Illuminati symbols” – symbols representing the world elite or its agenda. The video is much more inspired by Nubia, an ancient African civilization which was once located in lower Egypt. Various pharaohs of Nubian origin are held by some Egyptologists to have played an important part in different eras of Egyptian history and culture. For this reason, many rappers have associated themselves with this great civilization as it represents a Golden Age in Black history.

Nubian pyramids

Although I believe it is important to be aware and informed of Illuminati symbolism in popular culture, I also believe in the importance of using judgment and discernment when analyzing it. To believe that everything related to Egypt and ancient civilizations is “Illuminati” is a big step in the wrong direction. To properly analyze a product, one must look at the tone, the context and, most importantly, the overall message. Is the message in line with the elite’s agenda? Does the song promote vain materialism, mindless conformity, dehumanization and oppression?  Or the exact opposite?

171 Comments on "Nas and Damian Marley’s “Patience” (video)"

what does 52 fakers mean in this song

Dickson Tonavi

Real rap genius, its just awesome.

Great overview and analysis! It has been very interesting reading through all of the commentary here with many great points raised.

the truth

the only thing i believe is that damian marley isnt in the group because his music have always talked about jesus (christ). he says count your blessings. "for the babies"- he talks aboutabortions and how it is bad and how its wrong for people to even go through the motions of having sex and aborting the baby. another thing he believes in God he dont believe he came from some monkey he even has a song about it.

Nas- mmmm i dont know. when he raps he always on two sides christian and than another side.

Damian-always been on one side never heard him sing/rap that made me wonder what he stands for.

I'm a little skeptical about trusting NAS' work, I have to see/hear more. I used to be a fan of his until I started noticing symbolism in his videos (don't get me wrong, I understand that he may have been a puppet at the time) – the last thing I saw was the masonic handshake with Jay – Z after their "beef" was over. I guess I have to hear a little more of him before I'm convinced that he's actually speaking out and not just giving us more of the same – bait and switch.

Um, can someone please tell me whats on Nas' chain? Just wondering i can't tell.

i dare someone to say music "DOSENT" effect "us " as a people, i mean think about it…..SATAN was in charge of all music in heaven before he was cast down!!!!so why be suprized that hes being very effective in music now a days??? this trend of saleing your soul isnt new!!! even back in the days back in delta mississippi when the blues man would go down to the crossroads and play and make a bargon with the devil!! for fotrunte and fame,

what dose a man really profit for selling his sould for fortune and fame?? Illuminati may be rich and have power, but God Jesus Christ have ALL power , the ALPHA AND OMEG!!!

peace <3

so many of yall are derailing the truth movement…

u must realize that they(nas & damian) are enlightening us with ancient wisdom and magic

be willing to accept new information as well as being ready to sacrifice old ideas no matter

how strong u thought of them…..

the answers are waiting for us ……

Peep the Game
Having read the various comments and seen the video and put that into context of Nas' discography it pains me to say it but VC may be unwillingly spreading a bit of disinformation here. Like Lupe Fiasco Nas is signed to a major record label – as VC has pointed out many a time the big 4 are always using the talent of artists (I only refer to Hip Hop and Rap here) to spread their sick message of dehumanisation/godlessness/conformity to the "impressionable" masses; we end up in a state of idol worship and some of the comments on here reflect that – suddenly Nas is infallible. Don't get me wrong Nas is a very talented MC – however his wearing the crown symbolism surrounded by his minions is nothing more than Godlessness and Phaoronic – its the old illuminati adage "You are your own God". Unfortunately the record executive… Read more »

Nas going against the illuminati??

He has symbols of Egyptian Gods/Symbols throughout his albums

He was Christian then Muslim then Christian again

Some views a similar to black extremists, NOI………..

He pretended to be Jesus in “hate me now” video and others??

I can’t believe how many people on here with protect there favourite idol lol

Jimmy James
@stimatic "Nas going against the illuminati??" – The article did not state this, its just saying that this particular video is not illuminati agenda "He has symbols of Egyptian Gods/Symbols throughout his albums" – Egyptian does not automatically equal illuminati. That it just ridiculous. "He was Christian then Muslim then Christian again" – With all due respect, someone's faith is not something you have the right to judge. Analyzing Illuminati symbolism does not equal the doing the Spanish Inquisition. "Some views a similar to black extremists, NOI"……….. – Huh? What does this have to do with Illuminati symbolism in a video? "He friends with Jay Z, Rick Ross ect…….. even after Jay slept with his ex wife and now he’s pissed with him?? " – Resorting to hearsay, rumors and gossip is not a valid argument. "He pretended to be Jesus in “hate me now” video and others??" – Yes… Read more »

Confusion!!!! Thats all it is, confusion and more confusion for the masses lol

7 months 18 days ago

First rule of covert hypnosis. Cause confusion.

I am also of the mind NY is where Hip Hop was born and a culture of people died. Nas belongs to an order and I don't think it's "The Illuminati". He belongs to an occult order nonetheless and is being used by them. He fashions himself a priest. He's playin with fire like the rest of them. They (The "Illuminati People/Performers") are a mish mash/mesh of a million secret religious orders from the beginning of TIME. Everyone sounds like a broken record now a days. Once the public accepts music has been hijacked and used for witchcraft, the sooner we can all get over all this Illuminati Mess and let Alex Jones get off Starbucks and take a well needed and deserved nap. Whether people believe in a Satan/Devil or not, folks is worshiping him/it/whatever. I was like many who could never fathom people doing odd things in the… Read more »
7 months 18 days ago

It would be nice if humanity could agree on one reality instead of living in a state of perpetual confusion.

I think Egypt, Israel, Persia and Ethiopia are brethren. I believe it was the Ethiopians/Nubians that built the pyramids.

That's just what I have seen asserted in some articles. Seems credible given the history of each nation.

nas hate me now…yea i know its throwback but he is mocking jesus on the cross and all the flame symbolism in the vid doesn't help either

oh ok, just scrolled thru the comments and sum1 else did notice how similar this vid is to kanye's power vid, thumbs up to that person

does anyone else see similarities with this vid and kanye west's power vid? the whole egyptian thing? or is it just me?

Come on Vigilant how can you not see the similarity of this video to Kanye West's Power? It starts with Damian in between two similar half masks and two similar women who look like they are bowing to him on either side as if representing two pillars- he is seated on a throne like a king with a red cape gown. Again appears a gateway to clouds with a man and a woman different but same attire with two similar lion statues. Nas then appears in a gateway with a crown seated on a throne with a lion in front of him and we all know that lion is king. Damian appears again on the desert with two pillars with birds on top and a woman kneeling beside him towards the background,come on! Nas then appears again on the throne with two pillars behind him and two similar women facing… Read more »
thanks for the confirmation. the feeling i initially got from the video was of good energy and if you analyze the lyrics and compare it to what’s happened throughout real history you can tell what direction the artists are coming from. I was curious, nonetheless, because it was directed by Nabil and he’s directed a couple Kanye vids (Coldest Winter) which contains scenes oddly similar to the short film “the coven”…so you can see where I’m going here. The director mentioned in a recent article: ‘ “The clip is based on the end of his “Coldest Winter” video, “when the girl is running on the cliff.” Elderkin says he wanted a feel that was “ancient times meets Apocalypto.” ‘ >>>>>VC, it would be helpful if you could analyze Kanye’s film “Runaway”. Not only are his lyrics to “Dark Fantasy” blatantly vc-worthy but the movie contains loads of symbolism throughout that… Read more »

Would just like to note that ancient Egypt IS black history just like ancient Nubia since the Egyptians were black. I care not what the Arab Egyptologists have to say. That is all…

now these lyrics r powerful!hey i wantd to knw is bruno mars a pupet of iluminati?also i dont get it. do they sel their souls knowing they r doin smthn so evil or r they so dumb they dont knw wat they r being made to do?n do they take parts in those rituals n if rihana etc r abused hw com thay r so normal in public?

Reverse psychology? haha

Kill Yaself

Lmao. It's amazing to me that this article was put up because of people asking you to write about it, thinking that it PROMOTES some kind of Illuminati agenda. Are people really that stupid and undiscerning with this NWO/Illuminati information that they see a pyramid and automatically associate it with something nefarious now? I almost miss the days when the public was generally uninformed on this kind of shit and it was a fringe area of research. Now every moron with access to a computer thinks they're fuckin Bill Cooper. Wise up, shitheads.

nas is good at playing both sides of the fence. he clearly states in one of his songs something about you cant find me cause theres lodges all over the nation. i dont trust him. hes the kinda snake we're told to look out for.

Wolf in sheeps clothing. trust its hard for me to admit because he was one of my influences in Hiphop.

The saddest thing of all, these artists that are trying to get the message out against "them", are never very popular. This is such a great song with well written and clever lyrics, yet artists like Katy Perry are plastered everywhere (radio, tv, internet, etc.) Why is she so accomplished? She can't dance at all, she doesn't write her own music or lyrics, and she's an average singer at best. This song has been out for quite a while but I can wage that most people who read this site didn't know about this song before they read it here. I'm one of them.

If stuff like this doesn't make people stand up and at least ask questions, it will only get worse.

Pray to God. That's our only way of being saved from this.