Lupe Fiasco’s “Words I Never Said”: Speak the Truth

I have mentioned in a previous article named Is Lupe Fiasco Speaking out Against Illuminati? that the rapper is one of the rare artists talking about the real issues. His new song Words I Never Said is, in my opinion, another great offering, talking about the cowardliness of silence in front of horrendous truths.

[Verse 1]
I really think the war on terror is a bunch of bullshit
Just a poor excuse for you to use up all your bullets
How much money does it take to really make a full clip
9/11 building 7 did they really pull it
Uhh, And a bunch of other cover ups
Your child’s future was the first to go with budget cuts
If you think that hurts then, wait here comes the uppercut
The school was garbage in the first place, thats on the up and up
Keep you at the bottom but tease you with the uppercrust
You get it then they move you so you never keeping up enough
If you turn on TV all you see is a bunch of “what the f-cks”
Dude is dating so and so blabbering bout such and such
And that ain’t Jersey Shore, homie thats the news
And these the same people that supposed to be telling us the truth
Limbaugh is a racist, Glenn Beck is a racist
Gaza strip was getting bombed, Obama didn’t say shit
Thats why I ain’t vote for him, next one either
I’ma part of the problem, my problem is I’m peaceful
And I believe in the people.

[Verse 2]
Now you can say it ain’t our fault if we never heard it
But if we know better than we probably deserve it
Jihad is not a holy war, wheres that in the worship?
Murdering is not Islam
And you are not observant
And you are not a Muslim
Israel don’t take my side cause look how far you’ve pushed them
Walk with me into the ghetto, this where all the Kush went
Complain about the liquor store but what you drinking liquor for?
Complain about the gloom but when’d you pick a broom up?
Just listening to Pac ain’t gone make it stop
A rebel in your thoughts, ain’t gon make it halt
If you don’t become an actor you’ll never be a factor
Pills with million side effects
Take em when the pains felt
Wash them down with Diet soda!
Killin off your brain cells
Crooked banks around the World
Would gladly give a loan today
So if you ever miss payment
They can take your home away!

[Verse 3]
I think that all the silence is worse than all the violence
Fear is such a weak emotion thats why I despise it
We scared of almost everything, afraid to even tell the truth
So scared of what you think of me, I’m scared of even telling you
Sometimes I’m like the only person I feel safe to tell it to
I’m locked inside a cell in me, I know that there’s a jail in you
Consider this your bailing out, so take a breath, inhale a few
My screams is finally getting free, my thoughts is finally yelling through

Some of the issues he discussed: False flag terror (see Top 5 Worst 9/11 Memorials), poisonous aspartame in diet cola (see Dumbing Down Society Part I: Foods, Beverages and Meds), and speaking out about the Truth (see the rest of this site).

244 Comments on "Lupe Fiasco’s “Words I Never Said”: Speak the Truth"

Gwendolynne

I am a big fan of Lupe's, but really though… he claims he is against MTV & they are Illuminati network, etc. Yet I saw him featured on MTV's show "when i was 17" (i admit i was watching it :P) Very hypocritical even if his label made him appear…

Denise

Did anyone pick up on the Egyptian symbols that the focused on 56 seconds into the video? I'm actually surprised you missed that @ Vigilant Citizen. :-/

Ruly

You should analyze the video! It's worth it. Please?

Madison

When I first heard about Lupe Fiasco, I thought he was just another rapper who made redundant songs about money and alcohol, drugs and sex, blah blah blah. But that was just me making assumptions. He's really awesome for making songs about REAL things. And he has an influence, an inspiring kind of influence, not the kind everyone who reads VC is against. So yeah. Pretty good stuff. And I like the end of the article; "speaking out about the Truth (see the rest of this site)."

So that's pretty much it. Keep being amazing, VC.

salsa

well Lupe was a fraud he appeared on the MTV music awards last night..or he got what he wanted validation from the Masonic TV..sell out, douche fake elite puppet

lala

"Just listening to Pac ain’t gone make it stop"

…unfortunately 🙁

Danielle

Well I personally like Glenn Beck although I suspect he may be associated with the elite and he's just their mouthpiece. However, no matter who you are, when you hear these lyrics, you feel their truth…and I think that's something we can all agree on. NO NWO!! FUCK THE ILLUMINATI!!!

jamaican girl

the video came out..its so powerful and sends a strong message

here is the link

Tara

why is glenn beck a 'racist'? i liked lupe 'til he got stupid…alas…all kids his age & generation do…

Sabina

I really hope Lupe is good and being a hypocrite because that will break my heart. I went to his concert a couple days ago and he wore a shirt that said infidel and kaafir, in other words disbeliever (in God). Don't believe me I took a picture: http://s882.photobucket.com/albums/ac30/Bina666/?…
What are your thoughts on this?

Jay D

He Is Telling You The Truth . . Think About IT . . . I am a peaceful person as well and im exposing the government and secret societies. . FOLLOW ME ON TWITTER FOR MY THOUGHTS AS WELL—->>

– @dayyjreamer

CoCo

I am diggin' this song . Lupe just might be one of my favorite rappers , I love his flow . He is a strong man to stand up while all of this commotion is happenin' … Kudos to you Lup ! 🙂

(s)AINT

Great song, it's beautiful.

But to superninja if people don't stand up for their rights, nothing will ever change. You may think waiting for Jesus to come and save us all is the way to go, but I'm not going to wait for that if it ever happens. It absolutely is up to the people to break free of their chains, because no one else is going to help us.

superninja
He still thinks people are the answer to the problem. He targets two people on the Right as racists, when there are just as many on the flip side. Still taking sides, still playing the game. My prob with this guy is he still buys into the Hegelian dialectic. He's being played and his stuff will be used. He's perfect to foment rebellion, which will result in bloodshed, which Satan loves. People thinking that they have the answer, they just have to rise up. Whatever. That is how Satan has always used man historically, to further his own Luciferian agenda.… Read more »
joseph
you know what really boils me.. u have nasty disturbing songs like s&m being top five on iTunes and yet this song is not even on top 100 on iTunes honestly idc about us adults we either know what's going on or we don't but who I feel bad for are for the next generation of kids listening to all this sex as if it's normal . god bless lupe .. whether what he said is true or not he took the initiative not many of us would it's sad and as he said silence is worst than all the… Read more »

@jedi u fucin suc u no nuthin of lupe stop hatin he the truth jus cuz he speak his mind dont mean u can bash on him wit "hater words".lupe tha truth haters step off

jedi

@nblazerinferno: i'm on lupe's side, man! what are you talking about? i'm defending him against RIGHT ON. i am all for lupe. please read my comment again before you make such accusations. my comment addresses right on's double standards. i am not saying anything against lupe.

Stephanie
I happen to like Lupe Fiasco, but when he started to go mainstream I thought dang Lupe they got u.. I hope that he is sincere about his lyrics!!! It's very disappointing when you hear them sing/rap/speak on issues & find out their intentions are totally opposite from their views. I stopped listening to the bulk of hip hop like a few years ago & cut out other genres from my musical preference recently. I am very very hesitant to listen to anything. Gosh its so true how stuff gets stuck in your brain without you even making a conscious… Read more »
Bliss
I commend Lupe on speaking out about the truth. This song really hit home hard…. Yes, this Skylar Grey chick works with a lot of artists that are being controlled by the illuminati. She is becoming very popular with the public, and this may be the very reason that Lupe used her to sing the chorus. Let's be real, if he used a christian artist or someone unpopular, a lot of people would not even give this song a chance. That is how he is going to be able to spread the message of this song. DUH!!! In order to… Read more »
Sheena

I suggest IMMORTAL TECHNIQUE!

His song about the third world blew me away!

As far as I'm aware it seems pretty good, now go listen to LOWKEY!

Amir's dad
I'm shocked at some of the christian comments I see ! Don't get me wrong I'm a christian myself. I'd like to share my thoughts with you I live in Zimbabwe and been all over the world what I don't seem to understand is why some of us don't tolerate any other religion ? My belief is there is one God ! Whether you're christian or muslim don't u realise u are praying to the same God ? It hurts to see so much fighting from us Christians saying Allah is not God satan gets us fightin amongst ourselves and… Read more »
jedi

@amir'sdad: thank you so much for being such an open-minded person. you wrote that so beautifully and succicntly!!! i truly hope that more christians will become like you and learn to respect other religions. again, thank you.

kkklkll

dude has got brains

i hope people get the message faster then they did for m'n'm's "i'm not afraid"

Kandy134

Lupe is a lyrical genius and his flow is killer; moreover, he raps about the truth. Immortal Technique and Dead Prez are also really good, too.

EsteezyCarell

I'm stunned that an artiste could be this outspoken, just wish he doesn't get wasted (killed) before his time.

I believe his other song "Show goes on" (especially verse 1) talks about people being slaves to the industry just becos of wealth.

VCaddict

AMEN lupe! god bless him! he is one of the very few artist willing to speak the truth when so many others would sell their souls for the bullshit called fame and fortune. he is a talented and Im glad he didnt sell out!