Killah Priest’s “Information” 15 Years Later

When the song was released back in 1996, I felt that Killah Priest’s song Information described a rather grim, sci-fi-like version of a dystopian society. Like a prophet describing visions of the future, Killah Priest spoke of a beast system, of bio-chips, of silicone brains, of iris scanners and of of the omnipresence of surveillance cameras. Fifteen years later, listening to this song  is a disturbing experience as most of his predictions have materialized today… and them some. He even mentions the NSA automatically wiretapping phonecalls, which was introduced by the PATRIOT act after 9/11. Deep.

Where you gonna run? Where you gonna hide?
When the truth comes down upon you, you have to decide
Where you gonna run? Were you gonna hide? Information
When the truth comes down upon you, you have to decide

[Killah Priest]
The Information we have become with laser scanners,
At supermarket department stores and direct mail houses
Which will record every single item we purchase
Data about your daily habits
And movements will flow into the beast system
From spy satellites constantly circling overhead
Watching us like it’s squirting
666 database investigate
Entire race headed for a cyberspace
Riots, breaks inside of empire states
Every move you make is recorded on tape
Some of us are wired, imprisoned behind gates
Hid miniature videos in the briefcase
Cameras will be recording our every activities
Indoors and outdoors, day and night
Obscenely invading our piracy, our privacy (privacy)
Stargazing because Allah is far amazing
Than any green god of a pagan
Raised in synagogues of Satan
Awaken with this starving nation
Left beaten, scarred and shaken
Robbed of education
My birth was foretold
Look deep within my wardrobe
Embrace the crossroad, we once wore gold
But now we electric probes with silicon brains, synthetic
All faces are strange, pathetic
Check the eyes, a man can’t even recognize his family
I blame it on humanity, for this insanity
Spy satellites, the last battle for life
There’s no day or night
CIA take samples of my DNA
Newborns grow horns placed in uniforms
Shipped off to the military
Where they killed and buried
Interactive TV sets will be watching us
Just as we watch them
They will also report back to the beast computer at headquarters
Our telephone conversations will be automatically wiretapped
And transcript by the National Security Agency
Honesty, modesty, poverty, famine, the sons of Amman
Deal with reprogramming and iris scanning
Breaking out of Satan’s bondage with long garments
Like we bionic, no longer paying homage
Remember after ’96 beware of biochips
Now it’s ’97, beware of Armageddon
Bloodshedding and beheading
Head on head collision in the ‘Valley of Decision’
To lock the beast in prison

[Chorus: Killah Priest]
Where you gonna run to? Where you gonna hide?
When the truth comes down upon you, you will have to decide,
Where you gonna run to? Where you gonna hide?
When the truth comes down upon you, you will have to decide
When that time comes, you will have to decide,
Information, Information
You will have to decide, Information
Where you gonna run to? Where you gonna hide?
When the truth comes down upon you, you will have to decide
Information, Information, information

212 Comments on "Killah Priest’s “Information” 15 Years Later"

babies with horns! little monsters…gaga.

biochips, wire taps, jesus christ this is creepy.

Mixx party
Just a thought. If you are an Industry artist the Odds are that you play the game PERIOD!! They give us heroes and Villains.This has been going on for Decades we are just de-sensitized to the symbolism -It has been around always,But the Now Generation don't really care they are "TUNED" on every level.I_pods/Phones/MACBOOKS/Games Consoles,HD/3D,it goes on.Waking Up can be stressful but in time you get through it.Don't always believe the Artists write ALL their material. Would'nt it make sense for the Unseen Hands to feed us this material as they can say they did not Lie-We (the Common-man) did not have the knowledge or where-withal to decipher the message, we just went along thinking its make believe because its via media-We all lost our sense of REALITY(REALNESS) we use technology to communicate more than just verbal one to one.That was the plan.So while we are amazed at the precision… Read more »

funny ha, how some rappers and those ill-uminati call themselves G's!

music is the rod!

the message is in underground conscious political rap,

from "the devil made me do it" back in the late 80's to nowadays "gangsta-rap made me do it".

the watchful

sombody tell me how to avoid the new world order??

If you think you can fight technology, watch Transcendent Man.

Deep. Some young people are amazing.

your brother

yo, i will make a list of 70+ songs of the best anti-nwo shit u heard, it will leave ya with chills, waiting to get into forum

miss B

In south africa we have something called the pick n pay smart shopper…its a card that u swipe which records the purchases u make so that you can receive "discount vouchers tailored to your personal shopping preferances", and by swiping ur card in the machine u redeem ur points etc…I dnt one have and I'm quite glad I dnt now lol:)

Also you tube is an example of people putting themselves out there and we watch back…

All very interesting… We just need to be cognitive about the type of lives we want to have and make decisions that will get us to the destination we seek…instead of going with the flow and being braindead lifeless "robots" following trends that "society" dictates.

Everyone Will Bow- C

To Me (75), you are not an atheist for not putting your faith in religion. Your faith belongs to God. There is why there are non-denomenational churces, of course you have to be careful

with those as well.

Deny men's philosiphical wisdom and accept God's.

If there is only ONE TRUE GOD as I believe, then if a religion is to be, then there should only be ONE. In our world there are several which is why I don't follow any. Religion is a tool to use against people to keep us in constant conflict and my, what a great job it's doing… Does that make me an atheist? I think not! My apologies, I KNOW NOT!

There is no right religion, there is only one way, the only way you make it is through the word of God.

John 14:6 (NIV)

6Jesus answered, “I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me. 7If you really knew me, you would knowb my Father as well. From now on, you do know him and have seen him.”

'Stargazing because Allah is far amazing

Than any green god of a pagan'

Had me in tears. :')

Praised be God.

If u want to take it that way. I think it´s more ironical phrase since the from the beginning of time, people have always have faith in something. The name just changes.

Everyone will bow- J
One more thing. I love all people regardless of race. The state where I live has passed a law that requires each immigrant to have visa. Children cannot attend schools without one. Employers can no longer hire illegal immigrants. Although the government is leading the citizen to believe it is doing right by the state, it appears that there is another deceptive agenda. For example, this will become a procedure to keep data on everyone in the state. If you have a job, the government has your identifications. Homeless people will no longer be allowed to roam the street without being counted by some organization. The mark of the beast is coming. Choose Jesus or choose to eat. Take the mark to buy a new car or not. Scary! The time will come to separate the Christians, Jews and God's people from the others. The song is right. We can't… Read more »
Everyone will bow- J

The movie-Book of Eli- is in the reality-friction genre. There will be a day that the wicked ones will burn all the Bibles. That book will become a hot commodity for those who have denied it and want to learn the truth.

The Lord strongly warns us to read it and study it, so we can safely place it in our hearts (minds). When the day comes, we want feel threatened by the acts.

Apostle Paul has warned us what is to come by what he endured while he continued the work of Jesus on earth.

Sarah Connor

That is a good flick!

I don't think you can get off the radar! They got you no matter what! Anytime you can Google your home address and see a shot of your house, it's done! We are on camera all the time! If want your ass they will find you, trust! So you can tape your webcam, turn the TV off, not buy one, refuse to own a cell phone, it won't do any good if you stepped outside your home within the last 24 hours! The only thing you can do is pray!

Another insightful song is 'End of Days' by Vinnie Paz.

Anyway, the worst thing is that no matter how hard you try not to give into their agenda, those around you actually look at you like you're crazy. I hardly watch tv – my friends think I'm weird. I'm very selective about the foods I eat – my friends think I'm weird. I didn't get my vaccinations at school – my friends think I'm weird. I try and inform them of what is really going on – my friends think I'm weird.

It's so frustrating!

Thanks for reconizing this. REAL hip hop forever!

Black Alien

Have this album , Listen to Expand Your Mind…

The stupid guy says in his heart there's no GOD…*ok i think i paraphrased it!*

This explanation should guys:

even if you are not a Christian it's important to know what the Bible says about Satan's great deception, Mark of the Beast and the Anti-Christ.

Also search on youtube: How Not to get the Mark of the Beast and The Unavoidable Identity of the AntiChrist explained through bible scriptures.

Student of Truth
I cant get over the lies in this video. Basically it says the Greeks are the fathers of music as well? This is so far from the truth and can be evidenced by looking at the various styles of todays music. Black people came to America as slaves and produced more musical artforms than any other people on the planet. From the so called Negro Spirituals, Gospel, Rock n Roll, Doo Wop, Jazz, Disco, House, Rap, etc. Look at all the early practitioners of American music and it will always lead you back to Black music. This is not racist but true, racist hide the truth. Somebody needs to tell me when the Greeks taught Black people how to make music? I think it's the other way around. In the caribbean African slaves started many musical styles in the spanish and french speaking colonies – Bachata, Reggea, Calypso, Salsa, Merengue,… Read more »
I've been listening to One Republic's Waking album and I've noticed that most, if not all of the songs in that album has something to say about politics and the world in general. Read their song, All The Right Moves' lyrics and it's like about the people in the upper crust or in the know and the "common folks". All the right friends in all the right places So yeah, we're going down They got all the right moves and all the right faces So yeah, we're going down Let's paint the picture of the perfect place They got it better than what anyone's told you There'll be the king of hearts and you're the queen of spades And we'll fight for you like we were your soldiers I know we got it good, but they got it made And the grass is getting greener each day I know things… Read more »

Also a bit offtopic but kind of relevant:

2Pac – My Block (Recorded in 94 before his arrest!!):

"It appears that I've been marked for death…The underlying cause of my arrest"

Explanation: When he was arrested the only way for him to get out early was to sign with Death Row Records Marion 'Suge' Knight.

So if he wanted to get out early he had to be 'On Death Row'… ironic? Is it ironic that 'a Knight' released him and set him on the row of death?..

Basically the arrest was a one way out trap and quite a clever one, at that.

Check this out too:

Kilah Priest: "..Remember after ’96 beware of biochips."

2Pac 96: "..Before I flee computer chips.."

And here's 2Pac talking about illuminati (it's an interview you can find on youtube easy):

People in jail were telling him that there is this conspiracy of the elite who controls everything. From Freemasonry to the Vatican. Pac DIDN'T believe in it: "Come on man, the POPE is in it? How did that get leaked out? Who told every n***a in jail about this? [laughs]"

Pac said that this Illuminati conspiracy talk was just a way to keep your confidence down. So he publicly said that he created a new philosophy called "Killuminati", cause he was killing all those rumours he DID NOT believe in.

Sorry ol chap but i have to correct you on comment #62. Here's a full transcript of the illuminati part of the interview "N****z is telling me about this Illuminati s*** while I'm in jail, like, the dollars and all of that. That's another way to keep your self-esteem low, that's another way to keep you unconfident and I'm putting the "K" cuz I'm killing that Illuminati s***. Trust me, if these mother****ers wanted to kill you, why the f*** they gonna tell Farrakhan? Why they gonna tell the Nation of Islam? Why they gonna tell this n**** in jail about the plan? How did he know? How did it leak to him? Who told him? The Pope? Who? Cause they're like the Pope and the money… c'mon man get the f*** outta here. You so thinking about the money you not getting the mother****ing money, get the money nigga… Read more »

Tupac on Illuminati and computer chips:

"Some say they expect Illuminati take my body to sleep

Niggas at the party with they shotties, Just as rowdy as me

Before I flee computer chips, I gotta deal wit brothas flippin

I don't see no devils bleedin', Only black blood drippin"

2pac-They Don't Giva F*** About Us