FEMA Taking Over the Nation’s Airwaves Today for First National Test

At 2PM today (November 9th), FEMA will be conducting its first Emergency Alert System (EAS) test today. The test will interrupt the programming of all TV stations (cable and satellite) and radio stations (regular and satellite) to broadcast a test signal.

The test will be the first instance ever that all American media channels will be broadcasting content from a single source. This is quite an event in the history of media as a single organization can single-highhandedly take over the nation’s entire mass media channels. Mashable also reported that: “In addition to government efforts, private service provider T-Mobile issued a test warning last Saturday to thousands of their subscribers, which rang a siren noise and read “Presidential Alert” with the word “Test” below. The alert was part of FEMA’s Personalized Local Alert Network, which allows ‘customers who own an enabled mobile device to receive geographically targeted, text-like messages alerting them of imminent threats to safety in their area.'”

Here’s the official FEMA statement to the population:

Nationwide Test of the Emergency Alert System

As part of our ongoing efforts to keep our country and communities safe during emergencies, we’re working in partnership with the Federal Communications Commission (FCC) and the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration (NOAA) to conduct the first nationwide test of the Emergency Alert System (EAS). The EAS test plays a key role in ensuring the nation is prepared for any type of hazard, and that the U.S. public can receive critical and vital information should it ever be needed.

Over the past year, our agencies have been working with the broadcast community, cable operators and programmers, and other communications service providers that participate in the Emergency Alert System; our state, local, tribal, and territorial partners; and other critical stakeholders to help inform all members of the public regarding the nationwide Emergency Alert System test.

Here are specific items we want everyone to know about the test:

• It will be conducted Wednesday, November 9 at 2:00 PM EST.
  • It will be transmitted via television and radio stations within the U.S., including Alaska, Hawaii, the territories of Puerto Rico, the U.S. Virgin Islands, and American Samoa.
  • Similar to local emergency alert system tests, an audio message will interrupt television and radio programming indicating: “This is a test.”
  • When the test is over, regular programming will resume.

As we get close to the test, the FCC and all of our many partners are working together to spread the word to as many members of the public as possible — so people know what to expect when the test takes place, and no one is caught off guard. We’re asking everyone to join us by spreading the word to your neighbors, co-workers, friends and family — share this web page, post a message on your social media site, and feel free to embed our videos on your website or blog.

– FEMA Website

FEMA taking over the airwaves might be practical in case of a hurricane or whatnot. But there are many other potential applications of this system for FEMA…Do a little internet search on “Rex 84”.

143 Comments on "FEMA Taking Over the Nation’s Airwaves Today for First National Test"

New VC Fanatic

Perhaps to better see what you are texting and hear what you are saying, so that they can consider things 'threatening'…

Heri Seldon

This may seem a bit irrelevant, but V.C should make an article about the company, "OBEY". You know those shirts that swag-fags wear? Anyway, I've seen some heavy Big Brother symbolism in those shirt designs, and I find those designs very disturbing.

Vik

Eagle Eye (Movie)

curlz

Lhh. People are so dramatic on this site.

hungarian

There will be a similar "test" in Hungary on November 21st. Papers write that this hasn't happened for as long as people can remember. Could this be a "coincidence" or do TPTB really prepare /for/ a worldwide catastrofe?

Casey

I have a terrible feeling that the occupy wall street protests are gonna turn into an excuse for the government to implement Martial Law or Rex 84..they will probably say the the NYPD cannot handle the people anymore and turn it over to FEMA.. does any one else have this feeling?

Vic

Have you guys seen a movie called 'The Signal'? they played sound frequencies (like this FEMA test) on all radio and TV stations and it changed people. All I'm saying is certain frequencies can and do affect us even if we're oblivious to it. Take that movie as a warning to TURN OFF your tv when you hear it. Don't underestimate FEMA.

An example of frequencies that can affect your brainwaves is Binaural beats, I've tried it myself so I know how powerful these things are.

stripes

You know, if people in here were praying instead of panicking and speculating then we might get somewhere.

I also was duped into believing the American dream, all the way from Africa. But after watching the devastating impact of American foreign policy and stronghold in the countries with natural resources. I have purposefully crushed that dream. You could not pay me to live there!!

Nonetheless God bless America because they gon need it.

tracey

They said it failed in some places.

We didn't get the message on TV and I didn't get a Tmobile alert

wichterich

they blasted that lady gaygay song while they flashed words on the top of the screen..i had no clue what was going on. all it said was "blah blah this is a test" while that paparazzi song was playing. the only thing i got out of it was the song..

StrongTower
Get off of the numbers people, you sound like kabbalists! As far as I know/heard nothing happened on 11/11/11 except Fasching (like a Halloween season that ends on Ash Wednesday, yes it´s freaky) starting here in Germany, which happens every 11/11. Now to the topic… FEMA camps, taking over air waves, which makes me think of HAARP… doesn´t sound that great. + The US being in debt like never before, however being able to expand highways (gotta make sure everyone arrives at Camp FEMA safe if not sound), yes I´m being very sarcastic. I´m sure glad I live in Germany… Read more »
mkerdi

Hey guys, i was watching this Nicholas Cage movie "knowing", and they use this FEMA to inform the population of the coming threat of the Apocalypse. Not a coincidence for sure.

LookingHard

of all the things i have seen just recently, this and the Denver International Airport have really set my sences of edge —- i feel like im just waiting for the next thing now

Lena

Reminds me of what happens in The Hunger Games to be honest. ._.

Choconutbag
I have been having strange dreams too! I had this one where i was directly staring into the devil's eyes and it was scary. Another one seemed like a lobotomy/lab testing thing and the 'scientist' guy who was wearing these large round glasses suddenly looked at me. and then his glasses suddenly turned black and white checkerboard and started spiraling as if trying to hypnotise me. Another one included a creepy tv chat show where the host suddenly looked at me and did the one eye thing. I was genuinely scared in some of them but managed to look away.… Read more »
littlemeow

this is peculiar… i coincidentally DVRed a program on the same day/time as the test without realizing it. i was watching the DVRed show today but the test did not show up. there was only a yellow scrolling message announcing and ending the test about 30 seconds apart. kind of strange that it wouldn't record…

ISecondThat

no no and no!!!!!!! they better stop this madness now this is some texas rangers bull*sh

spread what word? the only thing i'll be spreading is elephant sh* on gov buildings

take that suckers

nice guys

ok i follow bible prophecy slowly and the headlines are exploding and lining up with the word of God very very very rapidly….coming on here and seeing things like this….I know that we are near the end of this age….tribulation is coming…tribulation is coming….

nice guys

**slowly = closely

Cindy

does anyone want to tell me WHY Lady Gaga's song Paparazzi played in some areas? I'm sure that a coincidence, right?

Alexandra

I didn't hear it over here…it was just text and no sound (but I also had the volume down). Weird.

nvra75

@Ingrid

if you think you are safer in Lithuania or anywhere else on this planet then you are mistaken.

TPTB own your countries government, media ,industry,education, entertainment, religious, etc…….. just like they do in USA and the rest of the world.

we are all in the same boat.

InGrid

Thank God I don't live in America. I live in Europe Lithuania and here is a good place to live. I always wanted to live in USA… But now… i'll never go there! EVER!

And all Americans out here, God bless you, be strong, everyone as ONE!

agne

In Lithuania? good place to live? in witch part do you live or, I should rather ask, under witch stone? Rothschilds are building a new nuclear power plant here (please do the check), soon Lithunia will have more debt we could ever imagine. here the cost of food rises every week and people HAVE to emigrate in purpose to HAVE A LIFE!

desi

agne they're interested in employing medical staff -docs and nurses- in the savviest hospital in Australia and since there's a shortage of them in Australia they are prepared to offer visas to foreigners. If you have a degree in those fields, speak English and are under the age of 49, you can apply> google fiona stanley hospital, Perth and download the application forms.

Too Vigilant

Ditto! – "The American Dream: You have to be asleep to believe it."

Blanco

Seems to be turning into the American Nightmare…

HappyCynic

This reminds me of the movie Truman Show and this line~

[Truman is missing – the Lunar Room studio, everyone nervous]

Network Executive: "The sponsors are threatening to rip up their contracts!"

Christof: [pointing at the "Technical fault… Please stand by…” graphic]

"Why? We're getting higher ratings for this graphic than we've ever had on this show."

Gotta love that movie.

snap_pea

They've had this technology in Nicaragua for several months. After the presidential elections on Sunday, there were all kinds of student protests, so the government just turned off cable TV and started broadcasting President Ortega's speech instead. It was really bad because the protests were huge and blocking traffic in several places. Some newspapers and TV stations started livestreaming coverage of the protests online, which helped, but still. Creepy.

Tony

11 + 9 + 2 + 0 + 11 = 33

These weirdos needed a national ritual I guess.