FBI Launches 1 Billion $ Biometrics Project With Lockheed Martin

Apr 2nd, 2011 | Category: Latest News | 59 comments

The FBI launched this week a massive program aimed to record all citizen’s biometrics data. This will eventually enable instant surveillance and recognition of any individual walking on the street or entering a building. The 1 Billion $ deal was awarded to Lockheed Martin -  the world’s largest defence company, which is part of elite groups such as the CFR (Council of Foreign Relations) and the Trilateral Commission. In short, Lockheed Martin is the official defence company of the world’s shadow government.

Lockheed Martin Logo

Lockheed Martin is active in many aspects of government contracting. It “received $36 billion in government contracts in 2008 alone, more than any company in history. It now does work for more than two dozen government agencies from the Department of Defense and the Department of Energy to the Department of Agriculture and the Environmental Protection Agency. Its involved in surveillance and information processing for the CIA, the FBI, the Internal Revenue Service (IRS), the National Security Agency (NSA), the Pentagon, the Census Bureau, and the Postal Service.”
- William D. Hartung, Is Lockheed Martin Shadowing You?

Furthermore, the CEO of Lockheed Martin, Robert J. Stevens is Lead Director of the Monsanto Company – the world’s largest agricultural biotechnology corporation  – which is a member of the Bilderberg group.

Here’s an article from The Guardian regarding the FBI biometrics project and its threat on privacy.

Iris recognition scanner

The FBI recently announced that its Next Generation Identification System (NGIS) has “reached its initial operating capacity”. This vast new biometrics project, for which Lockheed Martin won a $1bn contract in 2008, encompasses not only fingerprints but also, possibly, such biometrics as iris scans, face recognition, bodily scars, marks and tattoos.

Such a system raises a number of concerns from a civil liberties perspective. Many types of biometrics are of particular concern because they allow individuals to be tracked secretly and at a distance. For instance, facial recognition may allow a person to be tracked by various CCTV cameras across a city. Worse, in the future, this may be automated and done by computers.

The FBI is rushing ahead with this system in a larger context that is very troubling. Since 9/11, we’ve repeatedly seen the government throw together new identity and tracking systems without building in the necessary protections to make sure innocent people aren’t caught up in them. A good example is aviation watchlists. Countless travelers have found themselves trapped in a Kafkaesque nightmare – improperly listed as suspected terrorists, hassled, arrested or worse, and with no way to clear their names in the eyes of the government’s secretive security bureaucracies. The problem is not just errors and mistaken identification, or the lack of due process or rigorous procedures for keeping the lists accurate, but also the possibility that government bureaucrats have used a “when in doubt, thrown a name on the list” approach.

We don’t want to see the NGIS operate that way. Unfortunately, the FBI’s record does not inspire confidence. In 2003, the bureau exempted its main criminal database, the National Crime Information Center (NCIC), from a requirement under the Privacy Act that agencies maintain records with “such accuracy, relevance, timeliness and completeness as is reasonably necessary to assure fairness to the individual”. Some people have experienced the reality of this, such as a Maryland woman named Amy Studnitz who was fired from her job after an NCIC background check erroneously reported that she had a criminal record (even after the error was discovered, she was not rehired).

The experience of Oregon attorney Brandon Mayfield is also a cautionary tale. Considered a suspect in the 2004 bombing of a Madrid train due to a faulty fingerprint match, the FBI spied on Mayfield without a warrant, broke into his home several times and arrested him under the “material witness” statute. The FBI also investigated 19 other individuals whose fingerprints, like Mayfield’s, were deemed similar to those found on evidence in Madrid.

Finally, the FBI’s giant biometric project is taking place in a context where the United States – almost alone in the industrialised world – has no strong, overarching privacy laws, and no robust, independent institutions to enforce such laws. In another country where such institutions existed to protect people from error and abuse, this kind of programme might be cause for less concern. But rather than building such institutions, the US government has instead been granting sweeping new powers to our security agencies, and dismantling the checks and balances that are needed to ensure those powers are not misused.

Most technologies have good and bad uses, and limited uses of biometrics can be fine. But these databases need strict oversight, and now is the time to make sure the proper safeguards are in place. As the use of biometrics expands and our law enforcement moves into the future, so too should our privacy rights.

Tags: , ,

COMMENTS

Please note that the comments are moderated and that all spam, insults, proselytizing and hate speech will be removed.

59 Comments to “FBI Launches 1 Billion $ Biometrics Project With Lockheed Martin”

1. Alichuuu says:

Instead of helping people they pay for some ''cool'' stuff.

2. Revolutionary Arms says:

I like the unfinished pentagram on Lockheed Martin's logo.

• i am the man says:

wow….didn't even see that

• JunglistMassiff says:

you mean the star??? pentagrams (or the one you are referring to) are upside-down with an elongated bottom tip.

• Trent says:

You mean…. the unfinished star. Just because a company has a star in it's logo -in fact, this one is only half a star- doesn't make it a pentagram, and doesn't mean that the comp nay is funded or owned by Satan-worshiping Illuminati.

• Aegis Magus says:

It is time to force the assholes out and hang them if necessary.

3. Georges says:

If only they pay the 1 Billion $ to help the poor

• IAmLonefrog says:

When a rogue scientist dies, it makes you wonder why and what was he saying. Well, apparently what "they" didn't want you to hear.

Check it out: http://www.bibliotecapleyades.net/sociopolitica/s

• Educated Cowboy says:

… then the poor will say "well yeah, that's a good start, BUT.." and start demanding to solve more and more problems. A poor man tries to act like it's hard to please him, only because nobody's trying to. He will always have "but's".

• Smart One says:

Spending masses amounts of money doing good deeds for people starving around the world, or helping 3rd world countries recover from "Natural Disaster" (I use that term loosely) would be outrageous! Who in their right mind would help people?! What we need is for all people on earth to become filled with greed and want, become selfish and not worry about the real issues. Continue to chase the almighty dollar because that is what rules our lives after all right?

-The Elite Team

4. bobski says:

Lockheed martin are running the Census in the UK aswell. For anybody that doesnt know the census is a form sent to everybody to fill in (legally for you can face a fine and/or prison) and contains all your personal details.

personally i dont trust this shit but i guess if they really wanted to they could get them anyway!

• Godozo says:

I find it interesting that the census now feels the need to "bribe" the people with promises of governmental services.

• Denise says:

Last year when they were conducting the census in my homestate. I refused to mail mine back. So lo and behold census agents were sent out to those who had'nt responded. The census form's main purpose is to determine how many people live in your household, but they were really invasive. Anywho, So knock knock came this census agent to my home. She presented herself and had her forms ready. I told her off the bat, I'm only giving you the amount of people that live in my residence nothing less, nothing more it is not required by law and is unconstitutional. She looked confused and looked at me like I was paranoid(which I am of course , this is the government we're talking bout here). I gave her the amount of people living in the home, and I even fibbed that. She thought she was slick and asked for my last name, and I said I am not required to give you my name, and she went on her merry own way. Government assistance I doubt, I just think they're trying to get a head count to see how many trains will be needed to drag us off to Fema Camps. Okay maybe I am paranoid ;)

..Jesus take the Wheel

• who says:

I wanted to do the same last week but they chase you and make you pay a big fat fine. Lat year I didn't send a form and they came to my house to have me signed it. Bullies and sociopaths, the lot of them.

• Denise says:

Yes they are, we must learn to bully right back.

• Alice says:

every person in the household in this year's census form has a separate bar code asigned!!!

• Kels says:

Lol so funny they tried to track me down for a whole month or two and they never got me. Says on the paper "filling this out can help ur community have better schools" or some bull like that. Like what?? What does my personal info have to do with the education system? They kind of just strike me as bill collector type bullies. What a crappy job. They left probably about 10 notices on my doorstep.

• sayidi says:

I was a census taker. The fine is $60 and trust me, nobody is gonna chase you. I had another chick like that on my route. She only gave the ages and people not the names. I respected her for that.

• sonata says:

I tried that too last year. Yes they did send numerous notices. Yes people came by and left notices (with an s) at my doorstep. Yes I left them there. A person at work had a spouse who was working as a census taker that year, and volunteered her to take my info because of my “paranoia,” because of it would benefit the community, etc, blah.

I did finally one fill out much later in the year, mainly because I didn’t know how much of my resistance would make me more of a target. Ha. I ended up getting an additional survey from the “american ??? survey team” (some officious name like that) as a random selected household, and a notice from the census department requesting would I please fill this out as well. I provided information about person(s) that may/may not reside at current residence. But I decided at this point, they have enough information on me as a taxpaying citizen who votes to figure out where what appears on that survey has any relationship to other records already in their possession. It is NOT my responsibility to discombobulate their intrusiveness.

5. Gerard says:

Sorry elite forces, but you can't embody god. We are just humans, we don't want to be constantly watched, that type of lifestyle is only meant for an animal we are not your prey!

6. RatMonkey says:

Orwellian Psycho-state in the making.

7. Its me again says:

Am I the only one who finds it hilarious that they tell us the economy is constantly "in debt"and in the same breath tell us they paid 3billion for some BS like this? What about the homeless people and overcrowded elementary schools? What about the Hope scholarship they just took away in Georgia? What about the unemployment rate? Ohh none of that is as important as around the clock surveillance, right? Whatever was I thinking? WTF

8. morpheuswasright/you says:

our census form ended up on the barbecue! seriously why lockheed martin? that's like putting henry kissinger in charge of the 9/11 comission!!

9. who says:

They claim we ran out of money, the recession is tough, however they always manage to fund their projects.

• agamble says:

There is no shortage of money in this world. The top one percent are hoarding it.

They are not paying taxes on their massive wealth like the rest of us do. Corporations like Bank of America, Chevrolet, and others paid no taxes in 2010. But they still got millions, even billions in tax refunds. The common folk, us, take our tax refunds and buy the latest version of the I-pad, or 3-D televisions or whatever strikes our fancy. The top one percent put their money in offshore accounts in third world countries instead of creating new jobs or investing in green technology. So when we are fed lies about a recession, it's the "elite" concentrating the wealth of the nation for their own use.

• LVB says:

Yes, and don't forget the hundreds of billions they received in "stimulus money", Bank of America and GE, just to name a few.

And, of course, that money is taken from us, the taxpayers, to fund globalist corporations who are moving millions of jobs out of the US away from the people who paid for their "bailouts".

The world has never been more corrupt and evil than it is right now, and yet not even one person from Congress, Goldman Sachs or Fannie Mae/Freddie Mac has gone to prison for their financial crimes against humanity.

And we've got a President who is in bed with all of them – it's an orgy of elitist criminals.

• greymatter says:

MONEY IS AN ILLUSION! THE ULTIMATE ILLUSION. THE ONE THAT BINDS US ALL. THE ONE THING THAT DIRECT PEOPLE'S FREE WILL AND POWER TOWARD A CERTAIN DIRECTION. It is an energetic monopoly.

Since they can print money out of thin air, they will always have enough money and power, especially because we allow it. Everytime we use one of their dollars, it is like giving them a free pass towards enslavement. Why do the put their god (the ALL SEEING EYE, SATURN or SATAN) on the dollar. Because that is its material incarnation, as it continues to have a monopoly on all planetary energy.

Until we finally break free of this cycle and take the leap forward (bartering and clanship), we will forever be enslaved and they will continue to have karma flow towards them.

10. ineverknew says:

dam i live in orlando fl and i passed lockheed martin a million times and i never knew what they where involved in, scary that i live so close to them they might be watching me already

11. food for thought says:

If you think about the movie Minority Report, it is clearly related to this story. And I swear these movies kind forewarn us about all this stuff.

12. camille says:

they love spending billions of dollars to make my nightmares come true.

13. Hope says:

You don't have to with hold information that they already have. You already gave them your address on your drivers license, school registration etc.. They already have your social security# because they gave it to you! My elderly and very wise aunt pointed this out to me and I have calmed down from my avoidance paranoia. I stay prayed up.

14. sugary says:

A few months ago, my gym (24Hr Fit) introduced the finger-scanners for 'quicker, more efficient, verifiable' entry. I politely refused, not in the least shocked to see 98% of everyone else entering very thoughtlessly eager to provide their fingerprints. Now whenever I want to work out I have to present my card & a state issued ID to opt out of their Orwellian method. Eff them, eff lockheed martin, eff the NWO; I will never participate in these biometric invasions of privacy. Thankfully, some of us still have open eyes and functioning brains to see through this bs.

• flips says:

The state I work in, you had to get biometrically tested and fingerprinted a few years ago in order to comply with licensure renewal. In that sector of healthcare, you can be gauranteed everyone practiising in that field has been biometrically tested now since that was 4 years ago and renewal is every 2 years. It's easy to say you won't conform, but when it comes to your profession of helping others or sidelining yourself for noncompliance.

Other programs in other states are adopting this as well in the name of public safety. That people serving the public or working with children need to have accountability in order to protect the public from the healthcare worker or public servants. The case that started the movement of more thorough checks and biometric testing was from a serial killer nurse with a psychiatric history and changing jobs to avoid detection. So it is to prevent another Charles Cullen from going undetected harming the public.

So the move is on with this technology and as usual it is paved with good intentions (that make for a strong arguement and justification that it becomes either law or required for licensure) It's for 'consumer safety' as the say. It's tough not to conform when the law is against you on this one and financially to fight it is out of the question as an individual. So for me its already too late to avoid having a biometric record by the government, but at least for now I can help others.

15. Jen says:

Have you noticed that the NWO leaders live long and prosperous lives. And the royals. What's their secret.

16. b3b says:

As VC said, a limited use can be fine. Also VC, just like you pointed out all the wrong terror suspects that were held, why don't you point out all the real terror suspects that were caught? I'm just saying that in all interest of fairness. In this day and age we have no idea what's gonna happen and who would be sitting next to us on a train, plane etc, so I think this is good thing to do.

• VivaHST says:

"Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety." – Benjamin Franklin.

'Nuff said.

• Paul says:

Ben Franklin hid 10 bodies under his house -nice man NOT

In 1998, workmen restoring Franklin's London home dug up the remains of six children and four adults hidden below the home. The London Times reported on February 11, 1998:

"Initial estimates are that the bones are about 200 years old and were buried at the time Franklin was living in the house, which was his home from 1757 to 1762, and from 1764 to 1775. Most of the bones show signs of having been dissected, sawn or cut. One skull has been drilled with several holes. Paul Knapman, the Westminster Coroner, said yesterday: "I cannot totally discount the possibility of a crime. There is still a possibility that I may have to hold an inquest."

• Ralphster says:

That may have been from an anatomy school –

• b3b says:

@ Viva, lol you quoted Ben Frankin and then think that's a final statement? lol. That's his view, it doesn't mean it's the truth. You should stop quoting people and find a voice of your own.

17. flips says:

A company that I think would be interesting to look at is "CARGILL"

Cargill, Incorporated is a privately held, multinational corporation, based in Minnetonka, Minnesota. Founded in 1865, it is now the largest privately held corporation in the United States in terms of revenue.[1] If it were a public company, it would rank in the top 10 companies in the Fortune 500.

Cargill has been subject to numerous criticisms over a number of topics including environmental issues, contamination and humans rights abuses. Further, as a private company, Cargill is not required to release the same amount of information as a publicly-traded company and, as a business practice, keeps a relatively low profile.[4][5]

This is a bigger fish than Monsanto, and in many cases works together with Monsanto. But because it is private they maintain a lower profile. I would like to know more about "CARGILL" because they are the bigger multinational fish that lies low and keeps quite while Monsanto gets all the attention.

18. Killuminazi says:

of course this will just be the initial stage to familiarize the populus with tracking technology.

It wont take too long before they seduce the public into gettin chipped with Rfids after a perfect crisis….

Yo…any government fool approaching mi wit some syringe & nanotech microchip will meet my lickle

9mm friend…

19. Abbey018 says:

Amen.

20. Wakeup says:

The Council plans are to have a robotical working class that won’t cause any problems, but will simply work to supply the needs of the Elite-those who by their breeding and intellect are deemed worthy of being allowed to be “awake” so they can rule, live and create without any interference from the common man. They say that the working class already makes non-thinking robots of their own everyday lives, and it might as well be more planned and regulated so that others who want to create, invent, and otherwise use their minds, can do so without hindrance from the common man.
    They view the “common man” with great disdain as a lower form of the human species. And they figure that by the time the year 2000 rolls around, when the purse cinches shut, and they are in full control, that people will already be sufficiently conditioned and won’t even be able to think to figure out or even be aware that a change has taken place. They see it as the perfect cover up for the continuation of the experiments in mind control they have participated in and feel very assured that the public will never be able to discover what happened because the more intelligent pubic has been sufficiently “tamed” and conditioned to go along with the rest of the herd. Thanks for the Memories by Brice Taylor p. 281

21. ross says:

They'll get us chipped like they do with cats & dogs.

22. Debbie says:

See Brian? It's been 11 years and I told you so…..

23. PlayFair says:

Everyone should watch this. This is so clearly in line with Bible prophecy. G. Edward Griffin is right on top of things.

24. bio meat tricks says:

Here's some interesting software, free to download and use, from a student, made world news recently:

"Tracking-Learning-Detection (TLD)

TLD (aka Predator) is an algorithm for tracking of unknown objects in unconstrained video streams. The object of interest is defined by a bounding box in a single frame. TLD simultaneously tracks the object, learns its appearance and detects it whenever it appears in the video. The result is a real-time tracking that typically improves over time."

and on the main page:

YouTube channel with video demonstrations:

25. Edgar Poe says:

Lockheed Martin sold its LMCS (Lockheed Martin Control Systems) division to BAE Systems (British) in 2000 and renamed it BAE Systems Platform Solutions. It is also Lockheed Martin that will be doing the census in the UK. BAE Systems is the largest weapons manufacturer in the world and has bought up many defense related firms in the United States.

This division was formerly known as Lockheed Martin Control Systems (LMCS). LMCS was acquired by BAE from Lockheed Martin in April 2000 for $510 million USD:

Examples of BAE Systems in America:

1) In August 2004 BAE Systems acquired Boeing Commercial Electronics for $66 million (£36m) and merged it into Platform Solutions.

2) BAE Systems Advanced Information Technologies (BAE Systems AIT) is a division of BAE Systems E&IS formerly known as ALPHATECH, Inc. The company manufactures processing systems for images and signals that are employed by United States intelligence agencies.

3) BAE Systems Ship Repair of Norfolk, Virginia is a major non-nuclear ship repair business in the United States, formerly known as United States Marine Repair.

4) Also, in November 2000, BAE Systems purchased Lockheed Martin Aerospace Electronic Systems, a defense systems company which encompassed Sanders, Fairchild Systems and Lockheed Martin Space Electronics & Communications.

5) In December 2002 BAE Systems completed its acquisition of Condor Pacific, Inc. for $58.5 million. Condor Pacific was a manufacturer of sensors and guidance systems for the aerospace industry.

6) In 2003 BAE Systems acquired Advanced Power Technologies, Inc (APTI; was merged with E&IS), a data exploitation company and provider of communications and networking solutions, for $27 million.

7) In March 2003 BAE Systems acquired MEVATEC, a provider of "professional technical services", which was renamed BAE Systems Analytical & Ordnance Solutions.

This isn't a complete list either; this acquisition of American firms by BAE Systems has been ongoing. When a war is declared, i.e. Libya, it won't be the 'United States Government' declaring any war, it will be BAE Systems declaring war.

Now I am wondering how much a part of BAE Systems (British) has in this technological invasive encroachment into our lives as the FBI as it's own private conduit? What exactly are these corporations ultimately attempting to build here?

26. Unacceptable says:

The author of that article is a fool. The USAPATRIOT act, the electromagnetic strip searches that are saved and sent all over the country, reading the emails and tapping the phones of citizens, surveillance satellites, THIS THING – really, pulling in a "private" company to do such major projects like this!

Wake up! Sorry to burst the bubble and state something you're uncomfortable with, but it's not about preventing terrorism or crime. It's about keeping tabs on everyone, and it's not ok.

27. stella says:

To keep tabs on the sheeple. And the pedos and drug dealers get away with a slap on the wrist.

28. Astrid says:

Please take a look at this article about the use of human blood to increase computer performance!

29. angela says:

. . . the connection between LHM – military – census contracts in a few countries : might be prudent to be vigilant watchers of DRAFT legislations trying to skip in under the radar . . .. Compulsory WAR MACHINE fodder is a age old and the requirements of their logistics at this time indicate they may well intend to surge their feed stocks.

30. Bruce Tanner says:

It has crossed my mind that the push for biometric IDs is for creation of documents that physically enjoin our bodies to the Strawman corporate fictions – that would "prove" we are the corporations, yes?

31. Hasotol says:

iris scans!! really? it reminded me of Minority Report instantly, he had to pluck out his eyes to stay safe, and get new ones! iris scans will not reduce crime or whatever, it's only another tool to control us. We can't let them get away with it.