1984 Style Homeland Security Telescreens at Walmart (video)

‘Department of Homeland Security (DHS) Secretary Janet Napolitano today announced the expansion of the Department’s national “If You See Something, Say Something” campaign to hundreds of Walmart stores across the country—launching a new partnership between DHS and Walmart to help the American public play an active role in ensuring the safety and security of our nation.’

78 Comments on "1984 Style Homeland Security Telescreens at Walmart (video)"

shes reading off a telly screen herself, watch her eyes. very sutble.

ya vol mein kommandant!

"Report suspicious activity to your local Though Police."

I'm shocked, by how Eric A. Blair, alias George Orwell did see everything so clear, 60 years back.

Gift Of Wisdom

Yes sir, Janet, right away I will report danger sir.

I will abide by all your rules, sir.

I want to be a model citizen!

This is more akin to the media bubble that the Soviets had to endure, the magnitude of the control of information was epic. So, while this is similar in idea to 1984, which is fiction, look at the Old Soviet Union, they employed tactics very similar to this, for its time.

David G.

You can be sure Wal-Mart has a red phone and direct line to the DHS and the White House. Fascist corporatization is the real threat to Americans.

Dennis Jones

I saw something suspicious at Wal-Mart, in the pet food section I saw a man scratching his groin very vigorously.

I'm sure he was into something dirty…

I went to Walmart the other night – first time in over a year, and what I heard was a constant, futuristic female voice calling shoppers' attention to "specials" all over the store. I was in the "electronics" section and all the t.v.s were on the same Walmart advertisements that coincided with the female's voice — it was creepy. I don't know when Walmart started doing this — it wasn't going on a year ago, but it's really creepy. The voice is loud and constant – it doesn't stop — one advertisement after another — blending into each other. It's deliberately hypnotic and utterly agitating. It was so annoying that it was all I could do to find what I was looking for and get the heck out of there fast. I kept looking at other shoppers to see if they were as annoyed. The scary part was most looked… Read more »

Doesn't anyone thing the flag next to her is strange? What flag has the same phonecian bird and arrows and wheat that is on the back of the American Dollar Bill? That is not on the American Flag.

There actually are two flags. The one next to her looks like an American Flag. But it's folded thin. The other flag contains some of what is on the back of the American One Dollar Bill. What type of flag is that? And, what is it doing next to the American Flag and in this video? That is what is really strange and should be questioned.

The lines behind her head form two pyramids. Much symbolism here.

Although I do agree that, if you see something 'bad' you should report it, however this is a bit ridiculous..What has Walmart got to do with it??

Bit odd, I mean when I first watched it I kinda thought there was nothing wrong with it, not even thinking of 1984 (even though it's in the title :P) What a book though, I read it in 6th grade & cried so much, not just because of the 'freaky' scenes (not going into detail for spoilers), but just fear of it coming true…My government teacher once caught me reading it in the middle of class, but after he saw what I was reading he let me continue hehe 😀

ANYWAY, in my opinion there isn't THAT much evil in this, however it will grow.

Now I get where the telescreen comment came from, in the youtube video information it states:

"This public service announcement will air in all Walmart stores equipped with checkout screens."

well i'm never going to buy anything at Wal-Mart anymore. They just lost a customer 🙂

Oscar :)

this is effed up in so many ways :O

I can't believe I used to think my country was different

Now ive realized it's not what it seems <|3 lol

Man, I really didn't need any more reminders that I work at a hellhole. I'm not sure what disturbs me more – the vague threats she's warning about, or her assertion that Wally World is like a police office you can go to report these threats. As if dealing with the incompetency of Wal-Mart shoppers wasn't enough, now I'll have to hear them report on the middle-eastern looking guy behind them in line because hey, he might be a terrorist and Janet Napolitano wants our hometowns to be safe! Is a Wal-Mart manager really the person you want to go to with your concerns? It's little things like this that, while seemingly inconspicuous, are part of a slow erosion of a free, critical thinking society.

This announcement must define or offer examples of what should be considered "suspicious", as this term may have many subjective interpretations. Leaving an open interpretation of what "suspicious" is may cause extremist and false accusations to common and responsible citizens.

Not Blind

Please notice that the flag beside her depicts a Phoenix, not an eagle. The feathers on the crest is the tell tale difference between the two birds. They are communicating their desire of seeing the Phoenix rising from the ashes. A rebirth after total destruction.

“thanks for a country where nobody is allowed to mind his own business — thanks for a nation of finks”

– William Burroughs

Yes, 1984. They're getting people to spy on each other.

Hey folks

Whats going on?

I can not bookmark VC on my fav list.

Whats going on???????????

Also, too; can't bookmark (beforeitsnews.com)

Some IT dude(ete) pls comment.

I just wanna know one thing… WHO is Walmart helping to make our communities more safe from?

Narrow gate

Keeping our towns “safe” huh? Safe from what? This kind of vague danger is like a hypnotic drug used on the masses. She was really trying to appear “nice” in the video too, didn’t you think? This is Stephen King shit, that’s what it sounds like to me.

sailor jane

Sometimes you civilians seem to forget (and not trying to sound paranoid here- this is just part of what I do for a living in the military) but the government has information that the general population doesn't have, yet, (we call it intel) so maybe these types of announcements, which may seem silly or paranoid or stupid, are for your own good, maybe. Just saying. Take it with a grain of salt. And someone posted earlier Al-Quaeda isn't targeting Walmart- how does he know? Is he in the intel collecting game? I would be very vigilant of any area that could a very large number of people, in any state, again, just saying.

Funny how the government is so opposed to the mix of religion and government, but they will never miss an opportunity to jump into bed with big business.

Should be interesting. I remember some news station done a special a few years ago where they had somebody lay down in a busy sky train station pretending to be dead, seriously injured. It took a few hours before someone came to the mans rescue.

This is one instants where the lack of concern or passion for other human beings in our society could work out for us.

On the other hand whos to say someone doesn’t hear a mother and child getting into an argument and that person reports abuse.

How much more of this until we finally have enough?

We need to end the fed, then we need to reinstate the constitution. Everything after that will fall into place.

Mrs. Aller

I think thats what they want. Remeber "it takes a village to raise a child?" actually it doesn't. It takes parents, but the government wants any excuse to intercede so they can take over your child for "their own good" and brainwash them and/or whatever else they want to do (sterilize/kill/enslave, whatever)

there's a pyramid behind her head.

welcome to the police state.