10 ways ‘the police state’ tracks you

When discussing the “promotion of a police state” in music videos, I am not referring to an abstract, theoretical concept. It is real and it is happening. The high-tech chips and devices seen a few years ago in sci-fi movies and futuristic music videos are used on us today. Here’s an article from Activist Post describing 10 ways the police state keeps track of you.

The war on terror is a worldwide endeavor that has spurred massive investment into the global surveillance industry, which now seems to be becoming a war on “liberty and privacy.” Given all of the new monitoring technology being implemented, the uproar over warrantless wiretaps now seems moot.

High-tech, first-world countries are being tracked, traced, and databased, literally around every corner. Governments, aided by private companies, are gathering a mountain of information on average citizens who so far seem willing to trade liberty for supposed security. Here are just some of the ways the matrix of data is being collected:

GPS — Global positioning chips are now appearing in everything from U.S. passports and cell phones to cars. More common uses include tracking employees, and for all forms of private investigation. Apple recently announced they are collecting the precise location of iPhone users via GPS for public viewing in addition to spying on users in other ways.

Internet — Internet browsers are recording your every move forming detailed cookies on your activities. The National Security Administration has been exposed as having cookies on their site that don’t expire until 2035. Major search engines know where you surfed last summer, and online purchases are databased, supposedly for advertising and customer service uses. IP addresses are collected and even made public. Controversial websites can be flagged internally by government sites, as well as re-routing all traffic to block sites the government wants to censor. It has now been fully admitted that social networks provide no privacy to users while technologies advance for real-time social network monitoring is already being used. The Cybersecurity Act attempts to legalize the collection and exploitation of your personal information. Apple’s iPhone also has browsing data recorded and stored. All of this despite the overwhelming opposition to cybersurveillance by citizens.

RFID — Forget your credit cards which are meticulously tracked, or the membership cards for things so insignificant as movie rentals which require your Social Security number. Everyone has Costco, CVS, grocery-chain cards, and a wallet or purse full of many more. RFID “proximity cards” take tracking to a new level in uses ranging from loyalty cards, student ID, physical access, and computer network access. Latest developments include an RFID powder developed by Hitachi, for which the multitude of uses are endless — perhaps including tracking hard currency so we can’t even keep cash undetected. (Also see microchips below).

Traffic cameras — License plate recognition has been used to remotely automate duties of the traffic police in the United States, but have been proven to have dual use in England such as to mark activists under the Terrorism Act. Perhaps the most common use will be to raise money and shore up budget deficits via traffic violations, but uses may descend to such “Big Brother” tactics as monitors telling pedestrians not to litter as talking cameras already do in the UK.

Computer cameras and microphones — The fact that laptops — contributed by taxpayers — spied on public school children (at home) is outrageous. Years ago Google began officially to use computer “audio fingerprinting” for advertising uses. They have admitted to working with the NSA, the premier surveillance network in the world. Private communications companies already have been exposed routing communications to the NSA. Now, keyword tools — typed and spoken — link to the global security matrix.

Public sound surveillance — This technology has come a long way from only being able to detect gunshots in public areas, to now listening in to whispers for dangerous “keywords.” This technology has been launched in Europe to “monitor conversations” to detect “verbal aggression” in public places. Sound Intelligence is the manufacturer of technology to analyze speech, and their website touts how it can easily be integrated into other systems.

Biometrics — The most popular biometric authentication scheme employed for the last few years has been Iris Recognition. The main applications are entry control, ATMs and government programs. Recently, network companies and governments have utilized biometric authentication including fingerprint analysis, iris recognition, voice recognition, or combinations of these for use in national identification cards.

DNA — Blood from babies has been taken for all people under the age of 38. In England, DNA was sent to secret databases from routine heel prick tests. Several reports have revealed covert Pentagon databases of DNA for “terrorists” and now DNA from all American citizens is databased. Digital DNA is now being used as well to combat hackers.

Microchips — Microsoft’s HealthVault and VeriMed partnership is to create RFID implantable microchips. Microchips for tracking our precious pets is becoming commonplace and serves to condition us to accept putting them in our children in the future. The FDA has already approved this technology for humans and is marketing it as a medical miracle, again for our safety.

Facial recognition — Anonymity in public is over. Admittedly used at President Obama’s campaign events, sporting events, and most recently at the G8/G20 protests in Canada. This technology is also harvesting data from Facebook images and surely will be tied into the street “traffic” cameras.

All of this is leading to Predictive Behavior Technology — It is not enough to have logged and charted where we have been; the surveillance state wants to know where we are going through psychological profiling. It’s been marketed for such uses as blocking hackers. Things seem to have advanced to a point where a truly scientific Orwellian world is at hand. It is estimated that computers know to a 93 percent accuracy where you will be, before you make your first move. Nanotech is slated to play a big role in going even further as scientists are using nanoparticles to directly influence behavior and decision making.

Many of us are asking: What would someone do with all of this information to keep us tracked, traced, and databased? It seems the designers have no regard for the right to privacy and desire to become the Controllers of us all.

146 Comments on "10 ways ‘the police state’ tracks you"

Paul

We re all ready a police state. If you are not a politician or rich you are an enemy.

Does anyone know anything about that new "Tyger Text" app for smart phones that virtually deletes your text messages from existience? It deletes it from your phone, the person you sent it to, anyone they possibly forwarded it to, and the cell phone company's records, SUPPOSEDLY. It sounds like a load of crap to me anyway.

Lilly

Since I see there are a lot of South Africans posting on this thread (and the Denver Airport won't let me post!) I was wondering if anyone saw the DIA article and said holy #@$! That looks like Menlyn Mall! Any thoughts?

Digits
Well, adding to what the South Africans say, here in Nigeria, it is definitely the wild wild West!! Other than the embassies where CCTV cameras are visible, there is no monitoring on anything!! Given the recent explosion in the police headquarters just last week, the authorities are clueless as to what to do. Sometimes I wonder if there should be some sort of 'presence' overlooking as it is quite scary that things happen from one day to the next and there is nobody out there who can do anything about it. Sorry to say but countries do need some sort… Read more »
Leela

listen why exactly do they want to watch us, doing mundane, embarrassing, whatever….we are supposed to be in the privacy of our home? say no to tv then, no internet………..come on! also, they make it sound good by kidnapping and almost killing someone, but its not that bad see? GPS helped find her!??! (even tho who was the one who kidnapped her and beat and raped her?) a sinful pawn.

Leela

does anyone know about targetted individuals because i am targetted and have been for a few years. i get harassed, i get subliminal messages, i am made to feel paranoid, i have even had a site mention WHAT I WAS TALKING ABOUT in the privacy of friends. i have had lots of things occur and happen to me, alot! i cant even begin to write about it here….

"sort of like the truman show, only not as funny" -Leela from futurama

c

Leela don't worry …just kick it and flip the Tv on…everyone loves hypno-toad.

Argough

Hey buddy, you forgot AIR MILES cards…and other similar points club cards

David
"Apple recently announced they are collecting the precise location of iPhone users via GPS for public viewing in addition to spying on users in other ways." Apple announced no such thing, which calls into question the level of research and logic that went into the rest of this article. To clarify what actually happened: 1) Apple maintains a crowd-sourced (i.e. where information is obtained in anonymous ways without containing any user-identifiable content) database of *cell-phone towers*, and iPhones download small pieces of this database and cache them *based on their GPS location* so that they know the towers in their… Read more »
Jake

All of this is true and freely admitted by everyone which makes the indifference of the public even more unsettling. I mean I read about some of this stuff in The Wall Street Journal FOR KIDS! You would think the public would be up in arms about their information being sold to advertisers and who knows who else they sell it to but it is unsettling.

george
Most of you will be unaware of the fact that Flash movies and applications can store their own ‘Flash cookies’ which are entirely separate from normal cookies. There is no way to delete or even view these cookies in your web browser, so they can be used to see what sites you’ve visited even if you’ve deleted all your history and normal cookies. So, if you want to keep your visited sites a secret then you need to delete these flash cookies either manually or using a tool. These cookies are usually saved in C:Documents and Settings[Username]Application DataMacromediaFlash Player#SharedObjects[Random Name]… Read more »
c

G. Thanks for the info. But I can't find a path to a "Application Data Folder". I even did a search. I am using XP Home. But it looks like I don't even have a "Macromedia" folder either so maybe I'm good? This goes over my head obviously.

george

To change settings for websites you have already visited, use the Website Storage Settings panel and delete all sites.

george

you can use the above actual adobe flash player settings manager to delete flash cookies when you log off but do the cookies actually disappear or they're still stored without our knowledge.

Daw7

To add to the Internet tracking.. FLASH COOKIES developed by adobe are never deleted by 99.999999% of people, in fact almost nobody even knows the exist. Research it.

Ionic8
So who are all the people keeping track of all this data? I'm not saying it's not happening but the vast majority of people work, play, eat and sleep. We all routinely do the same things everyday so it's not that hard to predict where we go and what we do. I'm of the mindstate that I'm not doing anything in violation of the laws so I could care less if someone wants to watch me. I just find it hard to believe "THEY" have the manpower it would take to track millions of people in real time. Sure the… Read more »
Sarah Connor
Hey Ionic8 – this might interest you: In heavy circulation this week, here are some excerpts from a Baltimore Sun article from 5/10 I found in Popular Science. It's all over though. http://www.popsci.com/technology/article/2011-05/… You can get the article from the Sun, but it looks like a video was removed, I don't think the NASA rep was supposed to 'drop the number', just guessing. http://www.baltimoresun.com/news/maryland/bs-md-n… The National Security Agency is, by nature, an extreme example of the e-hoarder. And as the governmental organization responsible for things like, say, gathering intelligence on such Persons of Interest as Osama bin Laden, that impulse… Read more »
The White Snake

Creeeepy. I knew there was a reason I did not like the U.S. besides the crappy food…I wonder how strict the surveillance is in Italy?

K

All in the name of safety…right?

WRONG!

Rich

The facial recognition software is already used quite a bit in the private sector, especially in casinos both in CT and Vegas. I can also assume Atlantic City as well.

MAX

I think we need to resort to a modified sign language, abstain from using c/cards, no smartphone or even phones, we need to gain as much knowledge now b4 it(the system) restricts us or stops us from using internet/books. Move from the major cities s where there's no Governments and try and start something!!!!!!!!!

YEAH!… who's with me!

sounds mad but better safe than sorry…

Sovay

Just for the sake of asking it, I've always wondered how people in the Media determine how many people have 'tuned in' to a certain new program, or last episode of some hit show. I've asked everywhere and everyone since I was 11, call me paranoid, but I really want to know. I used to think if I made some movie, I'd like to know if it was popular, how do I do it?

Does anyone know? Is it just an estimate…or. Lol. Have they always been monitoring us?

Bleuz

Ive wondered this too!!

Well, for movies they go by ticket and/or DVD sales. For TV, they have used the Neilsen rating system for a long time, which is where people are paid to allow boxes to be installed in their homes to monitor what shows they watch. I also talked to someone recently who told me that Neilsen is now doing the same with Internet traffic -paying people a monthly price to allow monitoring of where they go and what they do on the Internet. Obviously, there are also many other ways this can be done, with cookies and directly from the ISPs… Read more »
Sovay

It did. Thanks a lot. <3

Bay State Observer
Knowing the NWO types can spy on us is not enough and never will be. It is necessary to fight back and force them to retreat. The best place to start is in one's own neighborhood. If you are able to, run for local office with other like-minded folks and begin taking apart the NWO apparatus in your city or town. For the local neighborhoods are the best areas we can affect, the most responsive to change. Waiting for the NWO to pick us up and pick us off is a blasphemy to God and an insult to Humanity. Fight… Read more »
Emery
Last night, I was driving home and singing (very awfully) to some Pat Benetar… and I realized… having my phone at all times enables my privacy to be revoked at any given moment. Not to assume I am so important that all my activities are recorded, but to assume they are- I found myself questioning all the things I do and how often or how little… How one may be perceived from the things one does or says when alone…. I felt very uneasy about it. Personally, I think humans 'need' that chance to just let themselves go without worrying… Read more »
Spirit
Emery, I understand what you are saying (I too have been known to break into song), but the way I see it, NOBODY is perfect/flawless/without sin/immaculately pure, etc. Everyone has skeletons in their closet, embarassing quirks, whatever… INCLUDING the very folks who are policing us. (In many cases, as we've seen, their transgressions are FAR WORSE than anything that the so-called average person could ever dream of doing.) I grew tired of living in fear a LONG time ago. I choose to live my life without fear, doubt, or shame, regardless of who or what is watching. Let them watch.… Read more »
A random thought

good articule v.c.

now this may be off topic slightly or not but i would suggest also looking into TETRA systems and mast's that have been jumping up all over the place in USA and UK which are supposedly for emergency service communication yet they conviently run at human brainwave function around Beta wave length i believe and seem to have a long list of bad affects on human beings including brain function. The reason i mention these mast's is becuase there may be a possibility of them also being used to monitor people aswel as brainwashing/mind control uses.

Bay State Observer

All the more reason then to take them down permanently from our neighborhoods. Run for your local zoning board and fight to get them removed, no matter how long it takes.

trollcatius

We give them everything. People are constantly dumping their information into facebook, gmail, et al. Sure, these services are free, but it's not about the money money money…

km

THANK YOU for this article. I've been waiting to read something like this. Many people seem to think that what you write is "dooms-day" stuff; that its going to happen in the future, that bad things are coming.. But rather, it is as you've said, "It is real and it is happening."

Faith

I just pray that we have the strength to overcome if we have to go through any suffering..I pray for everyone and their family and their children. In Jesus name. Amen.