10 ways ‘the police state’ tracks you

May 18th, 2011 | Category: Latest News | 145 comments

When discussing the “promotion of a police state” in music videos, I am not referring to an abstract, theoretical concept. It is real and it is happening. The high-tech chips and devices seen a few years ago in sci-fi movies and futuristic music videos are used on us today. Here’s an article from Activist Post describing 10 ways the police state keeps track of you.

The war on terror is a worldwide endeavor that has spurred massive investment into the global surveillance industry, which now seems to be becoming a war on “liberty and privacy.” Given all of the new monitoring technology being implemented, the uproar over warrantless wiretaps now seems moot.

High-tech, first-world countries are being tracked, traced, and databased, literally around every corner. Governments, aided by private companies, are gathering a mountain of information on average citizens who so far seem willing to trade liberty for supposed security. Here are just some of the ways the matrix of data is being collected:

GPS — Global positioning chips are now appearing in everything from U.S. passports and cell phones to cars. More common uses include tracking employees, and for all forms of private investigation. Apple recently announced they are collecting the precise location of iPhone users via GPS for public viewing in addition to spying on users in other ways.

Internet — Internet browsers are recording your every move forming detailed cookies on your activities. The National Security Administration has been exposed as having cookies on their site that don’t expire until 2035. Major search engines know where you surfed last summer, and online purchases are databased, supposedly for advertising and customer service uses. IP addresses are collected and even made public. Controversial websites can be flagged internally by government sites, as well as re-routing all traffic to block sites the government wants to censor. It has now been fully admitted that social networks provide no privacy to users while technologies advance for real-time social network monitoring is already being used. The Cybersecurity Act attempts to legalize the collection and exploitation of your personal information. Apple’s iPhone also has browsing data recorded and stored. All of this despite the overwhelming opposition to cybersurveillance by citizens.

RFID — Forget your credit cards which are meticulously tracked, or the membership cards for things so insignificant as movie rentals which require your Social Security number. Everyone has Costco, CVS, grocery-chain cards, and a wallet or purse full of many more. RFID “proximity cards” take tracking to a new level in uses ranging from loyalty cards, student ID, physical access, and computer network access. Latest developments include an RFID powder developed by Hitachi, for which the multitude of uses are endless — perhaps including tracking hard currency so we can’t even keep cash undetected. (Also see microchips below).

Traffic cameras — License plate recognition has been used to remotely automate duties of the traffic police in the United States, but have been proven to have dual use in England such as to mark activists under the Terrorism Act. Perhaps the most common use will be to raise money and shore up budget deficits via traffic violations, but uses may descend to such “Big Brother” tactics as monitors telling pedestrians not to litter as talking cameras already do in the UK.

Computer cameras and microphones — The fact that laptops — contributed by taxpayers — spied on public school children (at home) is outrageous. Years ago Google began officially to use computer “audio fingerprinting” for advertising uses. They have admitted to working with the NSA, the premier surveillance network in the world. Private communications companies already have been exposed routing communications to the NSA. Now, keyword tools — typed and spoken — link to the global security matrix.

Public sound surveillance — This technology has come a long way from only being able to detect gunshots in public areas, to now listening in to whispers for dangerous “keywords.” This technology has been launched in Europe to “monitor conversations” to detect “verbal aggression” in public places. Sound Intelligence is the manufacturer of technology to analyze speech, and their website touts how it can easily be integrated into other systems.

Biometrics — The most popular biometric authentication scheme employed for the last few years has been Iris Recognition. The main applications are entry control, ATMs and government programs. Recently, network companies and governments have utilized biometric authentication including fingerprint analysis, iris recognition, voice recognition, or combinations of these for use in national identification cards.

DNA — Blood from babies has been taken for all people under the age of 38. In England, DNA was sent to secret databases from routine heel prick tests. Several reports have revealed covert Pentagon databases of DNA for “terrorists” and now DNA from all American citizens is databased. Digital DNA is now being used as well to combat hackers.

Microchips — Microsoft’s HealthVault and VeriMed partnership is to create RFID implantable microchips. Microchips for tracking our precious pets is becoming commonplace and serves to condition us to accept putting them in our children in the future. The FDA has already approved this technology for humans and is marketing it as a medical miracle, again for our safety.

Facial recognition — Anonymity in public is over. Admittedly used at President Obama’s campaign events, sporting events, and most recently at the G8/G20 protests in Canada. This technology is also harvesting data from Facebook images and surely will be tied into the street “traffic” cameras.

All of this is leading to Predictive Behavior Technology — It is not enough to have logged and charted where we have been; the surveillance state wants to know where we are going through psychological profiling. It’s been marketed for such uses as blocking hackers. Things seem to have advanced to a point where a truly scientific Orwellian world is at hand. It is estimated that computers know to a 93 percent accuracy where you will be, before you make your first move. Nanotech is slated to play a big role in going even further as scientists are using nanoparticles to directly influence behavior and decision making.

Many of us are asking: What would someone do with all of this information to keep us tracked, traced, and databased? It seems the designers have no regard for the right to privacy and desire to become the Controllers of us all.

Tags: ,

COMMENTS

Please note that the comments are moderated and that all spam, insults, proselytizing and hate speech will be removed.

145 Comments to “10 ways ‘the police state’ tracks you”

1. SouthAfricanGirl says:

WOW! There is absolutely no privicy anymore. This is sooo sad.

Do you think that this goes on in every country or just in the USA?

*this post may contain spelling mistakes*

• lilith says:

That is a very interesting question, because there is a lot of countries that doesn't have the technology that developed countries have, and for that reason wouldn't be able to spy on the citizens, but that is my humble thought who knows maybe even there the government have their evil ways

• MightyOracle says:

As another South African I feel we are in a better situation as far as being monitored is concerned. I just came back from the UK and the difference in Big Brothers presence is pretty large, and from what I can tell the UK is still behind the USA.

SA is like the wild west, it's very difficult for the NWO agents to enforce their agenda on us, I do however feel that they have a very different agenda for countries like this…more along the lines of depopulation than control at this stage.

• Vix says:

It's possible through satelite.

• Reveal The TRUTH says:

Its happening in Australia, heck now they have tracked me on this website and know the message that I have just posted. Fricken creepy as helll

• liberty says:

The only way to make all this technology affordable is to sell it cheap to all nations. But sometimes a nation doesn't need to have all of this technologies to be able to track all citizens. Your blackberry's, androids, laptops, kindles and tablets can track you in real-time. We are all being tracked, regardless of what nation you're at and the device is in our pockets and bags everyday, everytime.

• SouthAfricanGirl says:

So Liberty, who actually does the tracking in coutries outside the USA. For example here in South Africa, would it be the South African Government or the USA guys that keep track of us?

What do the rest of you guys think?

• resurrected says:

You are correct all technology is being sold cheap but that has nothing to do with you buying it. It know that this is holding me back from being able to move forwa

• resurrected says:

You are correct they are selling technology at a cheaper rate but that is not a reason for you to buy it and bring into your home. I know that I may be holding back self back as far as moving forward with technology but I have not brought an HD TV for my home, I don't have a smart phone or a GPS system in my car. My BF has I iphone and I tell him about that all the time. I don't buy stuff just because it cheap in affordable and not everyone wants an iphone. I tend not to believe that hype but at the end of the day I don't let other people decide what I want to interest to be attracted to because no one can pick that for me. You have control over what you bring into you house, I met the Amish people are not being watch as much as us because they don't believe in the worldly system so they don't bring there products close in range. We have to realize to keep out freedom means not to let advertisement deceive you into buying all of these product it will take a sense of distance from the world and it's products to maintain what we deem as normal life with privacy. Americans are suckers for technology and we also push this movement forward because on the real the media can not sell the product if we were not so willing to take the bait.

• Andie says:

wait a minute, I'm using a laptop with a webcam right now.. does this mean the webcam is on without me knowing? and it's spying on what I'm doing? sorry if I sound stupid, I'm just confused and recently discovered about this..

• grandw says:

Use a piece of colored tape, if you are really worried ;-)

• Reveal The TRUTH says:

You don't sound stupid. This is the way we have to think now. I already thought about the whole web cam spying on us thing, so I put things over any cameras from laptops, ipods and mobiles. Not to mention they can listen in to your conversations though the microphone and speakers in phones and laptops and all those technologies. We must be vigilant, think like they do, its the only way to protect ourselves

• Robin Shadowes says:

I had taped it over on my old laptop and have now taped over the new one too although it took a couple of days before I got around to do it on the new one. I was a bit stressed out to think about it at first. But yes, I'm paranoid. I hang around a lot on not politically correct sites, forums and blogs so I'm sure Big Bro is tracking me.

• SouthAfricanGirl says:

@MightyOracle

Yeah, I agree with you. I think the fact that they wanted us to register (RICA) our cellphones is part of the plan to monitor our calls. I haven't done that yet and I've been offered money, vouchers and points to regiter my cellphone and their is no way I'm going to let them spy on me!

• JJ says:

I'm also from SA, I thought if you don't register your simcard you can no longer use it?

• AnotherSouthAfricanG says:

I agree wholeheartedly. My mother and I both refuse to RICA our sim cards and if they follow through with their threat of "disconnection" then fine, I am sure I will survive without a cellphone. I take the bus each morning and it is shocking and tragic how many people around us just don't know. "I RICA'ed my sim and I got R110 free airtime!! WOW". Ja, and there goes another little bit of your freedom.

Tsk.

• shehaam says:

hi people

all south africans should have their sim cards registered for RICA, its an invasion of privacy, i dont believe the crap we are being told, it has nothing to do with safety, i thinks its similar to having those microchips implanted, failure to do so would mean that we will not be able to find jobs etc, not having our sims registered means we will not be able to make calls and keep in touch with our loved ones, i wonder whats next!!!

2. Quratulain says:

stalkers…:P

3. Nosens says:

What did you expect? you still think you're free? what a joke… If you sink you're sorry you're délusional. You're born in a system where the words privacy or freedom lost his sens…They treat peoples as cattles, so to manage them, they need to inspect all aspect of your/their life.

What you need to do?, simple…:

Stop voting -> voting for someone mean, you agree and consent with the system.

Stop consuming gadgets -> You pay to be spyed and pay for your own enslavement, doing so you simplify their work.

Stop using social networking -> same as above.

Stop calling/whining for more security -> terrorist kill less than bees a year.

Stop being afraid.

Enjoy life and enjoy making the tyran one harder ;)

• vigilant fan says:

They just want to look at me cause im hot………no big deal.

• resurrected says:

Yeah don't do social network like Facebook and probably never will I think that it is a tracking system the sends your info to secret gov. Now the same company owns facebook, twitter and U tube. We are always so quick to sign up for everything. So how does tracking people work with prepaid phones? I also heard that some companies are asking people to give up there facebook password so that they can view the content. Facebook is really a networking site that attracts enemies, non friendly entities and corporate interest that who are looking for dirt on you. I was watching this murder trail of a American student and they totally built a case against her off of her facebook interaction. Most people that live on the computer these days have there alter egos and are very different people when they are not on the web.

4. believer says:

"Political freedom is an idea not a fact."

5. faithfully Servant says:

This is not suprising, The gov't has a secret database in the Mount Weather underground bunker, designed in the early fifties; utilizing the best computers in the world they can obtain millions of pieces of additional information on the personal lives of American citizens. They collect information about American patriots, men and women who are most likely to resist the destruction of out constitution and the formation of the totalitarian police state under the New World Order.

They monitor what sites you go on, what books you're reading, bloging/posts and determine those who are in the patriot movement to provide to the secret goverment names and addresses of patriots who will most likely fight to protect the constitution. and yes they do already have lots of concentration camps already in place for those who refuse to comply to the NWO.

• Nosens says:

Well you right, they have a lot of datas, they know everything about everyone…, but the best of all is they are Genius!!

Why Genius?, not because they have big brains, but because they enslaves peoples with one simple trick using a mix of 2 fondamental aspect of Human being: Fear and Mysticisme.

You think you're fighting them, but in fact they return your own Fear/Mysticisme against yourself and to be honest fighting yourself is a game you can't win.

Doing so, you see them "the so called elite" as Mens with some super power, knowledge, secrets etc…when they are in reality, old, weak and finaly just human.

But yes we can call them magicians, to make you believe they are almighty!, i agree…

There is no secrets! -> making you think so give them a powerfull tool as Fear is.

There is no superpower -> Kabala/bible/luciferian etc… just an old secure way to pass informations about stars-constellations-univers-sun etc.

Their is no aliens! -> Just adding some mysticisme…another mind trick (but of course there is life in universe, seeing them knocking on your door is another story).

Yes they know how the human mind, work, so do you? if not, you should!

btw sorry for spelling etc…

6. truepatriot says:

There will come a time when uniformed gunmen, will in the case of a so-called "national emergency" began raiding homes and taking people (or those who they feel wont comply with the NWO) to the nearest concentration camp. All of this keeping an eye on and tracking citizens is setting the stage for when it all goes down; they already know "who" you are they just need to be sure of "where" you are when the time comes.

• Nosens says:

@truepatriot, again you right, camps exist and fema to, but in my opinion not for the reason you point at.

Yes the worldwild economy will collapse by "design", and when it'll happen, unfortunatly some peoples will react violently…so camps are for them. Same for Fema, after an event like that or an environmental desaster (expected btw), you can't let dead bodies all around, it's called emergency plan ;).

You said "All of this keeping an eye on and tracking citizens is setting the stage for when it all goes down; they already know “who” you are they just need to be sure of “where” you are when the time comes."

Can you please tell me what is the average time the need to found a criminal (no i'll not say ben L =) ), for exemple?

Oh yes! and if i remember well, i read it somewhere, that Obama himself was desapointed to see how old was the equipments used by the US (like 30 years old): no screens, electronics like in some movies :)

here: http://www.engadget.com/2011/04/15/president-obam

• truepatriot says:

@Nosens, you are dilusional and have no real knowledge of what's really going on. Maybe you should spend time doing more research so you're not so confused. I suggest reading Behold A Pale Horse-by Willaim Cooper ex Naval Intelligence officer who had access to many top secret gov't files. And who has actually spoken with people in "high places" freemasons.

• WOW says:

@Nosens if it isnt another "know it all" who "dont know nothin". Do you realize your post doesn't even make sense?

• Sarah Connor says:

Reporting from FEMA Region 10, I agree with True Patriot. Those who are unwilling (red/blue list) to go along with the agenda being pushed on us at an alarming rate will some of the first detainees. The unaware are of no threat and will be left to go about their business while the mass media reports some kind of tea party/militia threat explaining/warranting the events, if they are even reported on. This is not fear mongering and I would challenge anyone to provide information that these 'national emergency centers' established by DHS do not exist. Citizen journalist and youtubers have been exposing these on a grand scale and there is no shortage of information out there for those who would like to research. Here a few good ones to get you started. Jesse Ventura also dedicated a show to FEMA Camps.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B5xvz4Om0d8 – This video was put together by a Christian, but regardless of one's faith, HR 645 and the existance of these camps cannot be denied or explained away.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kEofy7fsIGk&fe… – Russia Today on the bill that will now allow for detainment of US Citizens deemed terrorist. Please not that according to the MIAC report, if you oppose any of the following, you could qualify for being profiled as a potential dangerous "militia member" or "domestic terrorist":

The United Nations

The New World Order

Gun Control

The violation of Posse Comitatus

The Federal Reserve

The Income Tax

The Ammunition and Accountability Act

A possible Constitutional Convention

The North American Union

Universal Service Program

Radio Frequency Identification (RFID)

Abortion

Illegal Immigration

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b8kjJpdDtSI – Chip Tatum former CIA Black Ops turned whistleblower who was brutally tortured and murdered years ago. The information he provides in this video and the many others he put out is as relevant today as it was when he was trying to get this information out to the public.

• Ecclesiast says:

Sarah Connor, I Love You! I really, really hope you are of female makeup.

I love it when people speak of fearmongering or programmed to think the obvious is nonsense when the evidence is… evident.

Keep supply the links/words of knowledge and I can keep being silent. I like silence. Don't offend as much.

• Sarah Connor says:

@E!!!

:-) I seriously miss you bud! I told you months ago, I dig you! You and your V for Vendetta style.

“To sin by silence when they should protest makes cowards of men.”

Abraham Lincoln quotes

I am a silly suburban mom, with a couple of lil ones taking naps and going to bed early……what to do with the time? Can't watch tv (makes me sick usually), don't do facebook! Innately feel compelled to wake up the peeps….for my boys sake – their future is in many of these guys hands. Riles me up something fierce. Thank you for your words. I'm pretty sure I tick of more people than I ever help…….so be it. You made me smile. I'll split a cognac and a marlboro with you anytime!

7. steiner says:

feels like a bit of hysteria going…where are these camps being talked about? Anyone actually have any evidence or is this just fearmongering?

• pat says:

fearmongering.

• killuminati says:

@Pat…..Obstinacy!!! "Ignorance is NEVER bliss"

• killuminati says:

@American Patriot…says the person who posts that Americans are free and have freedom. Seems like YOU'RE spreading lies to me. You obviously dont know much about anything so do us all a favor and just stop posting. so-called "American Patriot" and if you feel as if my post was a lie or "misinformatioin" contact the author of the book, im just quoting from him and his experiences….oh wait you can't he was ASSASSINATED by Masons for getting the truth out to the people.

8. Everyone stop voting, everyone stop using cellphones, everyone buy guns.

9. Conspiracy theorist says:

God bless America.. .. .. ..

and nowhere else(!)

Indeed

10. LVB says:

And with the "Infopet" ID chips already known for giving pets various cancers, I'm sure we can expect more of the same when the human chip is deployed for the masses.

Perhaps they will even have a "kill switch" function built in, which can trigger various neurological episodes in those who are troublemakers…or even think the wrong thoughts.

• Nosens says:

Why do you want a chips when you already have a more sofisticated one in your pocket? cellphone

• Godozo says:

A cell phone can be left behind or "lost" or forgotten. An implanted chip (especially one placed in the forehead and connected to the brain) is with you wherever you are.

• Truth says:

These RFID chips are prophesied about in the Bible. It speaks about "the mark of the beast," and says it will go in the right hand or the forehead…guess where they are placing this chip? It also says this chip will cause cancerous sores- if you try to remove this chip it will release something that will create a cancerous sore. Once again they are making something look good but getting this chip is completely against God.

Everything thats going on today can be found in the Bible- open up your eyes to the world around us and to what God is trying to show us.

• [revolutionaryinsane says:

as they been micro-chipping animals,birds and fish,to track their migration movements,around the world,are u really suprised that from as early as the 1960's they have been using dentists to plant tracking devices,under your teeth,this is facts,not fiction.this is also just incase u dont use a mobile,a credit card,a passport,a tv,radio etc,my friends of this world,and in the next,man's greed has no limits,so as any means necessary,that greed will at some time interfere with your life,whether u get robbed,or conned by the system,of get addicted to some pain killer,like elvis,and jacko,or drink,holidays,shopping,taking illegal drugs,smoking cigarettes,buying clothes,food,or high technologh,or electrical appliances,in this world u will get addicted to something,and the devil is only to happy to oblige u,with your habit.so wake up to reality people,

• Mark says:

@[revolutionaryinsanemonk]

Dentists have not been planting implants in your teeth. My father and grandfather have both been dentists, and i may be very well be going into that field, and i can tell you for a fact that dentist do not put anything in you to track you.

I know that this comment won't change your view point, but i hope it does for someone else.

11. Strike says:

Land of the slaves home of the cowards

• American Patriot says:

@Strike

If you don't like it you can always leave. Nobody is forcing you to stay.

Where else can you go an have the same freedoms that we have here?

Answer: Nowhere.

• Whats Next says:

@Patriot. What freedoms are you referring to? Can you name me one area of your life that the government does not have their hands in? What is not taxed is regulated in one form or another. About the only thing you can do unrestricted right now is to think for yourself. Oh, wait, the thought police are on their way

• American Patriot says:

@Whats Next

"What freedoms are you referring to?"

I'm talking about the "Bill of Rights"

"Can you name me one area of your life that the government does not have their hands in?

They only have their hands in what I allow them to have. There are always work arounds if you look hard enough.

"What is not taxed is regulated in one form or another."

This is true in any country.

About the only thing you can do unrestricted right now is to think for yourself. Oh, wait, the thought police are on their way."

Can YOU name any place in the world where you can do anything you want unrestricted?

Answer: Of course not. All countries have laws that restrict what you can or can't do.

• Sarah Connor says:

I want to know where you live AP – maybe I should move there. Feels to me like the Constitution and Bill of Rights have been killed. Confirmed by a quick DNA test, then dropped to sea.

• Whats Next says:

The Bill of Rights was shredded by the Patriot Act. What that didn't destroy is being systematically destroyed almost daily. Look at the Indiana Supreme Court and the US Supreme Court rulings over the past week. Cops being able to enter your home with no probable cause or search warrant, if that is not police state please explain what is.

Now Bill Clinton is calling for an agency to oversee lies being spread on the internet. There is your thought police.

As far as a free country, Iceland is the closest thing we have to it. They told the bankers to go screw themselves and are refusing to play along with the ponzi scheme called bailouts. That shows more balls than 98% of the people in this country display. They are on the right track to taking back their freedoms. I applaud each and every one of them!

• Godozo says:

Where to, Pat-Riot?

At my age (the downward side of forty) and lack of "success," I wouldn't be welcomed anywhere except as a tourist (with a time limit), and THAT'S dropping fast.

• Sarah Connor says:

@Godozo – you have a point! Then to add insult to injury, the current questionnaire being proposed by the US State Department for new or renewing passports might render obtaining one a bit more than difficult (impossible?). Here are a few stories on that from the last month or so, ranging from the mildly conspiratorial to the worse case scenario outlook.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/42765513/ns/travel-tr… – "Want a U.S. passport? Were you circumcised? Proposed questionnaire gets personal for applicants who can't supply birth certificate."

http://www.rawstory.com/rs/2011/04/25/state-depar… – The new document (PDF) would require that certain applicants submit a list of every residence and every job they've ever had since birth.

This is the danger of DS-5513, revealing that it may well be the final padlock on the gates of what will become the largest detention camp constructed in world history. The security is in place, the spying and surveillance network built, the management and expansion of financial controls extensive and now locked into place via Dodd-Frank and the HIRE Act, and the militarization of local law enforcement well under way with Predator drones being delivered to local police departments via DHS grants. Everything is being put into place but for what event? What crisis would justify domestic paramilitary units, the establishment of NORTHCOM which has been engaged in “practice” exercises in American cities, and the expansion of the IRS to manage and monitor citizen’s financial activities?

The crisis does not have to be real, it can be created via a financial collapse or terrorist action “allowed” to occur; either way the infrastructure and now in place created should terrify every man, woman, and child with an ounce of common sense.

• km says:

American Patriot, your name really suits you. You are exactly the american and the patriot they are trying to groom. Great job on giving yourself up so readily! :D I'm sure they'll give you a very special "patriot" sticker just for your help, with an RFID chip in it of course. ;)

• Mark says:

@ Whats next

You state that everything is regulated, so is every country, the difference is that in america we have freedoms. Go to China and learn what "restrictions" really mean, you have NO right to free speech. At all.

@ to the many other replies to AP….

I actually like the fact that they have records of where i am via GPS. If i get pulled over for speeding- i am able to access my GPS records and fight it in court. Does that sound like a police state? That you can get out of a speeding ticket if you were not speeding, and in turn giving less money to your so-called "police state". I hope they take it too the next level so that if i get lost or disappear in the words (car breaks down) they know where i am and how to find me (to rescue me).

Also, maybe you live in a peaceful area, but even out in the country where i live, there are drug busts for nasty drugs like meth left-and-right. They are not taking away your rights, they are making it easier so they can track down and arrest those who are true dangers to society (gangs, murderers, and illicit drug users).

12. Only in our minds are able to be free, and even then they're probably listening.

• Essential Truth says:

Private firms are already investing in technology to read minds…

"US security officials could soon be screening potential terror suspects with a new type of technology capable of detecting "hostile intent". – sounds like the Pre-crime police you see in movies like 'Minority Report' doesnt it?…

I think this technology is already used in Israeli airports…

"The system that Israeli-based WeCU Technologies has devised and is testing in Israel projects images onto airport screens, such as symbols associated with a certain terrorist group or some other image only a would-be terrorist would recognize, company CEO Ehud Givon said.

The logic is that people can't help reacting, even if only subtly, to familiar images that suddenly appear in unfamiliar places. If you strolled through an airport and saw a picture of your mother, Givon explained, you couldn't help but respond.

The reaction could be a darting of the eyes, an increased heartbeat, a nervous twitch or faster breathing, he said."

• @ Essential Truth Thanks for sharing that, i figured tha technology was already here. Tha way they explained their logic behind it was kinda unnerving tho. Iv'e never flown N i don't think i ever will. They're gonna find a way to do this on a larger scale, if they haven't already.

• WOW says:

@American Patriot just stop posting and debating with everyone already, you really dont know what you're talking about!!!

13. NSGD says:

I think we are already in a police state! We are in the beginings of the already established NWO. The only thing the makes us/USA different from other countries is that we actually believe we are free! They raid homes in other countries because these ppl without knowing are not accepting the NWO, by choice, religious reasons or plan life style.

14. P.O.L.O says:

Just an FYI for gamers…..NEXT MODERN WARFARE GAME TO COME OUT IS ENTITLED "MW3 -AMERICA UNDER SIEGE" <—– CAN WE SAY BLATANT ?!

15. truepatriot says:

@Steiner unfortunately there is real evidence ex Naval Intelligence Willaim Cooper sites the locations in his book. He actually contacted the Army Reserves-Military POW command and spoke with the leader of the unit Mr. Fennerin: he gave his approval to William Cooper that the list of detention centers/concentration camps he sited were correct. When William Cooper asked him who the camps were for he replied "enemies of the United States" William Cooper asked him if enemies of the United States included U.S. citizens; William Cooper states that he then became angry and would not deny that the camps were for U.S. citizens.

Also L.E.A.F (Law Enforcement Assistance Force) a specially trained and outfitted Military Police unit, whose members will serve as shock troops in the state's war against political protestors and demonstrators in other words patriots.

-Mind you William Cooper has been assassinated by Masons for this book and his movement to get the truth out about the gov't and coming NWO.

• American Patriot says:

@truepatriot

"Also L.E.A.F (Law Enforcement Assistance Force) a specially trained and outfitted Military Police unit, whose members will serve as shock troops in the state’s war against political protestors and demonstrators in other words patriots. "

You are spreading mis-information, and just trying to stir things up with outright lies. They will not serve as "shock troops" in a war against political protestors and demonstrators. These are retired law enforcement officers and others that have experience and training that can be called upon to help in times of major disasters. Read what is below so that you can have an accurate description of what LEAF is really about.

Law Enforcement Assistance Force Act of 2007 or the LEAF Act – Directs the Secretary of Homeland Security to establish a Law Enforcement Assistance Force (Force) to facilitate the contributions of retired law enforcement officers and agents during major disasters. Outlines Force eligibility requirements. Authorizes the Secretary to request eligible participants to assist efforts of federal, state, or local government law enforcement agencies in responding to such disasters.

Requires a participant to remain in an assignment for the lesser of:

(1) the period during which the law enforcement agency needs such services; or

(2) 30 days.

• American Patriot says:

@truepatriot

"Mind you William Cooper has been assassinated by Masons for this book and his movement to get the truth out about the gov’t and coming NWO."

Again you are giving mis-information regarding William Cooper. He was NOT assassinated by Masons or anyone else. He shot a police officer in the head while they were trying to serve an arrest warrant.

By 1998 Cooper was living in Arizona. Still wanted on the charges of tax evasion, Cooper was the subject of an arrest warrant for "aggravated assault with a deadly weapon" against a local doctor shortly before his death. On his website, Cooper wrote that any attempt to execute unlawful arrest warrants "will be met with armed resistance." In July and September 2001, Cooper was accused of brandishing a handgun to threaten passersby near his home in Eagar, Arizona. Just before midnight on November 6, 2001, officers of the Apache County Sheriff's office converged on Cooper's homestead to arrest him on a warrant arising from the threat complaint.

On November 6, 2001 at 11:40 P.M., Apache County Sheriff's deputies attempted to serve an arrest warrant at Cooper's residence. Cooper was considered armed and dangerous. During the execution of this warrant, Cooper shot and struck a sheriff's deputy and was fatally shot by deputies. According to police accounts, members of the Apache County Sheriff's Office deployed several deputies in the area adjacent to Cooper's home in an attempt to draw him from his residence to serve an arrest warrant. After leaving his residence in his vehicle, Cooper confronted plainclothes deputies a short distance away. As Cooper drove back to his residence, sheriff's deputies attempted to stop him using a fully marked patrol vehicle to block the roadway. When the deputies identified themselves, Cooper refused to stop or comply with orders from deputies, then fled back toward his house, drew a handgun, and began shooting. The Sheriff Report claims "After refusing once again to comply with the deputies orders, Cooper exited his vehicle and began running toward the house, firing shots with a handgun toward the deputies", but nowhere in the report did it mention that Cooper only had one leg – the other lost in combat long ago. One deputy, Robert Martinez, was shot in the head and was hospitalized in critical condition. Another deputy returned fire, killing Cooper.

• American Patriot says:

@killuminati or truepatriot (seems like you're using two names)

Obstinacy!!! “Ignorance is NEVER bliss”

Stupidity is something you're born with or without.

Ignorance is something you do by choice.

The difference between you and me is that I can back up my statements with true facts. You have to make yours up.

I won't respond to any more of your posts. It's just not worth the trouble.

• Bleuz says:

True patriot… Just so happens ur post caught my eye because ive lately been reading mr. Coopers book. Ive been reading it online, i wonder how fast a persons info is shipped to a government monitored hotlist just for reading that book online?

16. Marcy says:

cookies that don't expire til 2035? awesome!

(that's me being hungry)

17. BIG BRO says:

LIBERTIES!! SO THIS IS WHAT BEING FREE IS ABOUT??

18. Truthfinder says:

10 ways to prove YOU are not free

19. rozbat says:

I don't believe in the Usa people is free, never believed.

20. ieva says:

So, the system is tracking me and the information is held somewhere. So? It's not like that some man is sitting in his office and watching my every move. I don't feel disturbed hy this. Infact, I think that some things are quite usefull. Lets say, somebody gets kidnapped or just disappeares and he's got a cellphone with him. With a tracking chip inside. So you call the police, they get into tracking system and gather the information about cellphone's current location. And that might help finding a missing person. And the camera's in public places quite helped to reduce the crime (at least in my country, i think). Don't get me wrong, I realy love this site and appreaciate all the work that is being done here, it realy makes me be more aware of what is happening in the world. I just want to say, that not all things are so bad. Be aware, but don't be paranoid about it. Unless you're a criminal and you are scared about getting caught, so yeah, then you realy should be paranoid. (Sorry for my english. It's not my first language and not even the second.)

• Hollaina says:

I actually knew a young woman who was raped and beaten and left for dead in a field. The only way they found her was through the GPS on her phone. So, IMO, these things can be used for both good and bad (like everything else in the world). I and her family are extremely grateful for the ability to track via GPS!!!

21. Concerned says:

Getting paranoid will do you no good. There is no way they could truly monitor everyone. It would require millions to monitor the millions that are being monitored. So once again sleep well tonight, nobody is coming for you.

• Listen says:

Being informed and being paranoid are two different things. If you are not interested in knowing how your own tax dollars are being used to violate your own privacy, that is your choice. But please don't be an asshole, posting condescending remarks, associating with paranoia, those who are interested.

• Concerned says:

Wow calling me an asshole is not going to win you any battles my friend. Having a comment section is meant for what the reader responded to in any said article. This article was in fact meant to spike your interest and worry about being monitored. It also leads a lot of people to fear or become paranoid. Im am unsure how exactly I was being an asshole.

• believer says:

@Listen, THANKYOU, couldn't have said it better.

• dcer says:

It only takes a few large computers to monster everyone. U don't need millions of people. And its all run in a compartmentalized fashion so the few doing the monitoring don't even really know wharf they are monitoring or why.

• Godozo says:

Thing is, they don't need to actively monitor everyone. Just the people who appear more active than the rest…and the rest they set up their files to trigger if something pops up.

• Concerned says:

This is true and why I have no reason to worry.

• LVB says:

I think both sides of this one are correct in their own ways. The thing to remember is that like fire, guns or most such things, they can be used for good or evil. Rescuing lost people with GPS is a great thing, ofc, but these same technologies can (and sadly are) being used for evil purposes already, so there's really only one direction that can go, unfortunately…for the worse.

So, with so many kinds of awesome tech available now to the ruling elite cult, you really just need to reflect on who has the power and control over these high tech toys that can be used for "unfriendly" and illegal purposes. Simply put, the very wealthy and evil people in our world have control over how, when and where these weapons of surveillance, military force and propaganda will be used. The "why" should be obvious enough…because they can, and they want to. It's what they do.

Their goal is to stay in power and increase their power, and as I'm sure you know, information is power. So, in our age of living in basically one big 24/7 wireless network with people carrying around their own "house arrest" tracking devices and broadcasting willingly, these elitist subhuman sociopaths that are in charge of most things already have an awfully large collection of data on a majority of the population…which can only continue and worsen with time and consistently worse corporate, political and govt officials in high places, who have openly and defiantly shown us their complete disregard for the privacy (or any other) rights of us "common folk".

Many tools are already in place, and these systems will only become more capable, widespread and sophisticated, sooner rather than later. Funny how that works, isn't it, considering that we're in a financial crisis with supposedly no $$$ for so many govt programs? Yet there always seems to be funding available for the development and production of the latest and greatest "Brave New World" of surveillance tools to track and monitor the masses, more easily and efficiently than ever before.

Which brings me to my conclusion point – the lessons learned from the good old KGB and Stasi tactics (in East Germany) have not been forgotten by our own govt – mainly, the idea that if you scare and intimidate the few, it has an amazingly profound effect on getting the many to cooperate and comply. So, even though deep down people know that the govt really doesn't have the manpower or resources to monitor everyone all the same time, this "chilling effect" of knowing that it could be YOU that they go after next, tends to scare the shit out of most people – which accomplishes their goal very effectively, just as it did with the KGB and others like them in tyrannical states around the world.

Tech and weapons are both good and evil, depending on the situation and the intentions behind their uses. The bad news is that those very bad people with very evil goals are the ones with all the best toys for watching, listening to and, ultimately, targeting their enemies – which it seems more disturbingly clear each day now = ALL OF US.

But just because they are actively watching and listening doesn't mean that we can't take some active measures ourselves, to at least avoid stupidly volunteering too much info into their databases. I mean, yaknow, don't make it too easy for them by having your iPhone or Droid screaming your GPS coords out to the world 24/7, etc. :)

Just be conscious of the ways that you are putting your data out there, and don't do them any favors – protect yourselves to the extent you can, and hold on tight…cuz the ride is gonna get a lot bumpier I think.

Watch a film called "The Lives of Others" if you get the chance – it's about the East German Stasi (secret police) and what they were doing 30+ years ago, and just imagine how far things have come since then. Some great lessons there…humanity can survive oppression, but it's a horribly painful way to learn if we can find ways to resist and avoid it…or even just delay it for as long as possible.

Peace and Wisdom to you all.

22. Wow… It's George Orwell's "1984" happening right in front of us.

• WOW says:

Yup! I at first got mad after reading that book and doing research about everything this site reports on. But now, I'm sad. I try to get people to research themselves but people look at me as if I'm crazy and that its just a conspiracy theory. Even my own mama would rather go to TMZ.com then this website or read articles that I print off. I often wonder, are we doomed? Is there really anything we can do? I feel like if we do stand against all of this shit…they (whoever they encompasses) will "catch" us. I would never not fight for my freedom or for what I believe in. But I just wish people would wake the hell up!!!

• Truth says:

Like Jesus said himself: "watch and pray."

• Truthis says:

I feel the same way , like I have maybe very very few that believe me and there are those who I would of thought would believe me and not call me crazy but do even when I present the truth to them they give Their back and even though it hurts me that everyone we love or are friends with cannot wake up and realize the truth is right under their nose but you gotta be strong and have faith that one of theses days this truth and us will come out and We will win this crazy insane evil battle it's just a matter of time we just gotta pick are heads up and keep trying keep pushing the truth whether no one believes us whether they don't wanna hear it keep pushing and keep spreading the word cause the truth will set us free .. Remember that and have a god bless y' all ….

• Only the few shall follow. Only the few will be revolutionary.

23. Lim Lynn says:

I now remember about 30, 000 Guillotine ready for Christians, Patriots who defend their country 1st Amendment and many others. Well, the will get ready to cut off our heads till then. Fabian, Freemasonry and other secret societies join hand in hand.

24. Eric says:

The hope left for avoiding a 1984/Brave New World/Fahrenheit 451 dystopia is for the planet itself to unleash its antibodies against the global pandemic of humanity itself.

• Bay State Observer says:

No, Eric, humanity is not a curse upon the Earth. We are not a virus, otherwise Christ would not have died for us on the Cross.

It IS up to us to continue to inform our neighbors and resist the NWO folks pushing this on us. That means getting rid of the traffic cameras, the monitoring computers, every single media outlet promoting the NWO – directly or indirectly, tearing down EVERY FEMA camp without exception and so on.

But it all begins in your neighborhood, one person at a time, one town or city at a time. Start today.

25. sugary says:

"So long as the people do not care to exercise their freedom, those who wish to tyrannize will do so; for tyrants are active and ardent, and will devote themselves in the name of any number of gods, religious and otherwise, to put shackles upon sleeping men." — Voltaire

The present apathy in our society hurts me to my core; we have the capacity to be and do so much better, but most people flat-out don't give a damn.

Brilliant article, Vigilant. Your posts sustain me. Much love and respect to you all.

26. TheBronxBomber says:

The world is ending before our very eyes!

• Bay State Observer says:

Well then, neighbor, what are you going to do about it?

• jana says:

The only thing to do:

Luke 21:36 Watch ye therefore, and pray always, that ye may be accounted worthy to escape all these things that shall come to pass, and to stand before the Son of man.

27. Godozo says:

The article talks about the police using Traffic Cameras to spy on people.

Interesting note on that: A few places have since removed the traffic cameras. In disgust(!!!) Since people are following the laws and not blasting through red lights in those areas, their hopes for white-collar traffic criminals filling their coffers with remotely-gathered gains.

28. Agent Smith says:

"We are not here because we are free…. we are here because we are not free"

29. areuserious says:

Why do you guys think like this? I don't mind having more security, only criminals would.

• Sarah Connor says:

Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.

Benjamin Franklin

If a nation expects to be both ignorant and free, it expects what

never was and never will be.

President Thomas Jefferson.

30. Nosens says:

"truepatriot says:

May 18, 2011 at 12:21 pm

@Nosens, you are dilusional and have no real knowledge of what’s really going on. Maybe you should spend time doing more research so you’re not so confused. I suggest reading Behold A Pale Horse-by Willaim Cooper ex Naval Intelligence officer who had access to many top secret gov’t files. And who has actually spoken with people in “high places” freemasons."

Delusional? who know, maybe i am, but be sure of one thing, i did my homework before answering (spent 15 years on the subject). Repeating, what others say is not the best way to figure it out, searching and firgure it out by yourself with reliable sources or clues that really make sens is.

But well, if what you said, make sens to you, so be it ;-), no hard feeling for me.

Be safe.

31. Jorgo says:

No one on this planet is free anymore, not even the ones in control.

32. Alexander says:

Well, that is not news. But ask yourself honestly are you ready to give up your mobile phone, Internet access, social network page, credit card, etc.? Personally, I think our privacy has been taken away from us with our silent consent. 99% of people use various technological gadgets without knowing even the basic principles of how they work! It is an absolutely natural thing, that a locksmith by default knows how to open the lock he's made – so those who operate any technological systems know how retrieve, store & use your personal data against you if necessary. As for me, I'm not afraid of "them" and not gonna hide, though it may be quite reasonable at times.

33. Missy says:

okay God created us He gave us ALL that we need to protect/defend ourselves Instead of being afraid or anxious about evil and its agenda why don't people USE their own God-given POWERS (spiritual/mental) to defeat evil, WE CAN DO IT destroying evil is the duty of believers If you believe in one God who is holy/perfect/complete/good you are a believer and YOU CAN overcome the enemy and all of his evil servants God does not give us a spirit of fear but of POWER and love and a sound mind.

its not "magic" its God's will and it DOES work

• Bay State Observer says:

That's not enough.

Prayer, though the first means of fighting the NWO, isn't enough. Action must be taken along with prayer. Concrete action on the local level first, starting with one's own neighborhood.

34. Alaina says:

You know what I do with these articles? I post them on my Facebook. I will not fear those who can kill the body but not the soul.

• aussiechick says:

Good on you Alaina!!!

I posted a few things on my facebook.. and got responses like "riiiight….you've gone all weird" funny how people love the trivial things like planking but hate to be shown the important things.

I even lost facebook "friends" over it! =)

T.H.E.Y already know who we are from tracking the sites we visit… so why not share it on FB and try to wake others up while we can still use the internet.

35. jason says:

In the early 2000 a woman walked in a restricted cable company room to see 100's of monitors showing people on their couches chairs and various locations of the house. each screen monitored 1000s of cable units. She ended up in the hospital a few weeks later with severe injuries due to a car injury. Brake cables gone! her family as well sustained multiple 'accidents'. She doesn't speak out anymore, Last i read she 'overdosed'. She had proof aka pics and film. So when i watch my tv i know they are watching me and i do some acts for them. True story. filmed in your own home. fiber optics. Now its satelite wifi track you through the house. may they rest in hell!!

• cheq says:

Rev 21:1 And I saw a new heaven and a new earth; for the former heaven and the former earth had passed away, and the sea is no more. 2 I saw also the holy city, New Jerusalem, coming down out of heaven from God and prepared as a bride adorned for her husband. 3 With that I heard a loud voice from the throne say: “Look! The tent of God is with mankind, and he will reside with them, and they will be his peoples. And God himself will be with them. 4 And he will wipe out every tear from their eyes, and death will be no more, neither will mourning nor outcry nor pain be anymore. The former things have passed away.”

abit of comfort for you people.

this system of things is soon to pass away, and in the new world obedient mankind shall be free :). Seek/Praise Jah

• c says:

Your kidding! Really?

36. Faith says:

I just pray that we have the strength to overcome if we have to go through any suffering..I pray for everyone and their family and their children. In Jesus name. Amen.

37. km says:

THANK YOU for this article. I've been waiting to read something like this. Many people seem to think that what you write is "dooms-day" stuff; that its going to happen in the future, that bad things are coming.. But rather, it is as you've said, "It is real and it is happening."

38. trollcatius says:

We give them everything. People are constantly dumping their information into facebook, gmail, et al. Sure, these services are free, but it's not about the money money money…

39. A random thought says:

good articule v.c.

now this may be off topic slightly or not but i would suggest also looking into TETRA systems and mast's that have been jumping up all over the place in USA and UK which are supposedly for emergency service communication yet they conviently run at human brainwave function around Beta wave length i believe and seem to have a long list of bad affects on human beings including brain function. The reason i mention these mast's is becuase there may be a possibility of them also being used to monitor people aswel as brainwashing/mind control uses.

• Bay State Observer says:

All the more reason then to take them down permanently from our neighborhoods. Run for your local zoning board and fight to get them removed, no matter how long it takes.

40. Emery says:

Last night, I was driving home and singing (very awfully) to some Pat Benetar… and I realized… having my phone at all times enables my privacy to be revoked at any given moment. Not to assume I am so important that all my activities are recorded, but to assume they are- I found myself questioning all the things I do and how often or how little… How one may be perceived from the things one does or says when alone…. I felt very uneasy about it. Personally, I think humans 'need' that chance to just let themselves go without worrying about repercussions or judgments. To live in fear of constant scrutiny hinders us that much more from evolving. To think I can't squawk "Hell is for children" while I pick my nose and make fun of people who drive Hummers in private pisses me off. There is nothing, not one single thing, I can do to protect myself from the "incriminating" things I do, say, research, so on… It just means I have to work that much harder to spread the awareness before I am permanently stifled by the voyeurs. Don't be scared, be informed. Light and love to you all. May your vigilance protect you from the powers that be.

• Spirit says:

Emery, I understand what you are saying (I too have been known to break into song), but the way I see it, NOBODY is perfect/flawless/without sin/immaculately pure, etc. Everyone has skeletons in their closet, embarassing quirks, whatever… INCLUDING the very folks who are policing us. (In many cases, as we've seen, their transgressions are FAR WORSE than anything that the so-called average person could ever dream of doing.)

I grew tired of living in fear a LONG time ago. I choose to live my life without fear, doubt, or shame, regardless of who or what is watching. Let them watch. Watch and learn, I say. NOTHING I can do is any worse than anything "they" may do. I am what I am, and if someone doesn't like it, they can go kiss my ___.

I know in my heart that I am a good person, and I know that if there is a higher authority, as I believe there is, then he/she/it knows it too. At the end of the day, on the eve of the allegedly imminent "Rapture," that's all that matters to me.

So sing your heart out if that's what your soul wants to do. Sing, dance, eat, drink, and be merry. Peace and blessings to all. <3

41. Bay State Observer says:

Knowing the NWO types can spy on us is not enough and never will be. It is necessary to fight back and force them to retreat. The best place to start is in one's own neighborhood.

If you are able to, run for local office with other like-minded folks and begin taking apart the NWO apparatus in your city or town. For the local neighborhoods are the best areas we can affect, the most responsive to change.

Waiting for the NWO to pick us up and pick us off is a blasphemy to God and an insult to Humanity. Fight back against them, whether in America, Russia, Red China, Britain, France, Israel, Palestine or anywhere else on Earth.

"No surrender!" MEANS "No surrender!" Period!

42. Sovay says:

Just for the sake of asking it, I've always wondered how people in the Media determine how many people have 'tuned in' to a certain new program, or last episode of some hit show. I've asked everywhere and everyone since I was 11, call me paranoid, but I really want to know. I used to think if I made some movie, I'd like to know if it was popular, how do I do it?

Does anyone know? Is it just an estimate…or. Lol. Have they always been monitoring us?

• LVB says:

Well, for movies they go by ticket and/or DVD sales.

For TV, they have used the Neilsen rating system for a long time, which is where people are paid to allow boxes to be installed in their homes to monitor what shows they watch.

I also talked to someone recently who told me that Neilsen is now doing the same with Internet traffic -paying people a monthly price to allow monitoring of where they go and what they do on the Internet. Obviously, there are also many other ways this can be done, with cookies and directly from the ISPs (Internet Service Providers like Roadrunner, Qwest, etc).

Hope this helps.

• Bleuz says:

Ive wondered this too!!

43. MAX says:

I think we need to resort to a modified sign language, abstain from using c/cards, no smartphone or even phones, we need to gain as much knowledge now b4 it(the system) restricts us or stops us from using internet/books. Move from the major cities s where there's no Governments and try and start something!!!!!!!!!

YEAH!… who's with me!

sounds mad but better safe than sorry…

44. Rich says:

The facial recognition software is already used quite a bit in the private sector, especially in casinos both in CT and Vegas. I can also assume Atlantic City as well.

45. K says:

All in the name of safety…right?

WRONG!

46. The White Snake says:

Creeeepy. I knew there was a reason I did not like the U.S. besides the crappy food…I wonder how strict the surveillance is in Italy?

47. Ionic8 says:

So who are all the people keeping track of all this data? I'm not saying it's not happening but the vast majority of people work, play, eat and sleep. We all routinely do the same things everyday so it's not that hard to predict where we go and what we do. I'm of the mindstate that I'm not doing anything in violation of the laws so I could care less if someone wants to watch me. I just find it hard to believe

"THEY" have the manpower it would take to track millions of people in real time. Sure the "DATA" is there but do you know how much data they would have to go through on the daily basis? Now IF they have a reason to look at you, sure they can go back and research everything you've been doing.

This is The Matrix, this is what we've been born into. A lot of these things can be changed through the right channels if you desire to take on that challenge. Other than that you have the choice to unplug, not use the internet, cell phone, GPS, etc… Ahhh but how will you get this good ol Vigilant Citizen information? ;)

• Sarah Connor says:

Hey Ionic8 – this might interest you:

In heavy circulation this week, here are some excerpts from a Baltimore Sun article from 5/10 I found in Popular Science. It's all over though.

You can get the article from the Sun, but it looks like a video was removed, I don't think the NASA rep was supposed to 'drop the number', just guessing.

The National Security Agency is, by nature, an extreme example of the e-hoarder. And as the governmental organization responsible for things like, say, gathering intelligence on such Persons of Interest as Osama bin Laden, that impulse makes sense–though once you hear the specifics, it still seems pretty incredible. In a story about the bin Laden mission, the NSA very casually dropped a number: Every six hours, the agency collects as much data as is stored in the entire Library of Congress.

48. Daw7 says:

To add to the Internet tracking.. FLASH COOKIES developed by adobe are never deleted by 99.999999% of people, in fact almost nobody even knows the exist. Research it.

49. george says:

you can use the above actual adobe flash player settings manager to delete flash cookies when you log off but do the cookies actually disappear or they're still stored without our knowledge.

50. george says:

To change settings for websites you have already visited, use the Website Storage Settings panel and delete all sites.

51. george says:

Most of you will be unaware of the fact that Flash movies and applications can store their own ‘Flash cookies’ which are entirely separate from normal cookies. There is no way to delete or even view these cookies in your web browser, so they can be used to see what sites you’ve visited even if you’ve deleted all your history and normal cookies.

So, if you want to keep your visited sites a secret then you need to delete these flash cookies either manually or using a tool.

These cookies are usually saved in C:Documents and Settings[Username]Application DataMacromediaFlash Player#SharedObjects[Random Name]

Windows 7 and vista users, try C:Users[Username]Application DataMacromediaFlash Player#SharedObjects[Random Name] instead.

This directory will contain sub-directories, one for each site which uses a Flash cookie. The cookie data is stored in files with a .sol extension. You can manually delete the directories for the sites which you don’t want to keep Flash cookies for.

There is also an option of using Adobe’s “Flash Player Settings” application which does not solve the problem since this only deletes the .sol file that contains the actual data. The directory which contains the name of the site you’ve visited is retained which means that anyone can still see which sites you’ve visited even if the actual data is gone. So, the problem still persists.

• c says:

G. Thanks for the info. But I can't find a path to a "Application Data Folder". I even did a search. I am using XP Home. But it looks like I don't even have a "Macromedia" folder either so maybe I'm good? This goes over my head obviously.

52. Jake says:

All of this is true and freely admitted by everyone which makes the indifference of the public even more unsettling. I mean I read about some of this stuff in The Wall Street Journal FOR KIDS! You would think the public would be up in arms about their information being sold to advertisers and who knows who else they sell it to but it is unsettling.

53. David says:

"Apple recently announced they are collecting the precise location of iPhone users via GPS for public viewing in addition to spying on users in other ways."

Apple announced no such thing, which calls into question the level of research and logic that went into the rest of this article. To clarify what actually happened:

1) Apple maintains a crowd-sourced (i.e. where information is obtained in anonymous ways without containing any user-identifiable content) database of *cell-phone towers*, and iPhones download small pieces of this database and cache them *based on their GPS location* so that they know the towers in their area and can quickly connect to them as they move within the region.

2) As such, the GPS location is reported anonymously and for a specific purpose. This is a far cry from tracking user's identifiably and reporting their position to the public! In fact, ALL PHONES keep cached databases of this type, in order to enable them to function as phones within a cellular network.

3) While there are apps out there that allow you to display your location and make it available to others, a) they are not Apple's apps, b) Apple made no announcement regarding them, and c) they require your specific permission to share your location, as does any app on the iPhone.

Listen, I am as aware of the police-state as anyone here, and I want to fight it. I understand rights and freedoms are disappearing worldwide in the name of more control. But there is enough sensible and TRUE information out there that we don't need to engage in deception, hyperbole, and fear-mongering. The statement above, about Apple, is a prime example of all three.

Let's keep it real and smart, people.

54. Argough says:

Hey buddy, you forgot AIR MILES cards…and other similar points club cards

55. Leela says:

does anyone know about targetted individuals because i am targetted and have been for a few years. i get harassed, i get subliminal messages, i am made to feel paranoid, i have even had a site mention WHAT I WAS TALKING ABOUT in the privacy of friends. i have had lots of things occur and happen to me, alot! i cant even begin to write about it here….

"sort of like the truman show, only not as funny" -Leela from futurama

56. Leela says:

listen why exactly do they want to watch us, doing mundane, embarrassing, whatever….we are supposed to be in the privacy of our home? say no to tv then, no internet………..come on! also, they make it sound good by kidnapping and almost killing someone, but its not that bad see? GPS helped find her!??! (even tho who was the one who kidnapped her and beat and raped her?) a sinful pawn.

57. Digits says:

Well, adding to what the South Africans say, here in Nigeria, it is definitely the wild wild West!! Other than the embassies where CCTV cameras are visible, there is no monitoring on anything!! Given the recent explosion in the police headquarters just last week, the authorities are clueless as to what to do. Sometimes I wonder if there should be some sort of 'presence' overlooking as it is quite scary that things happen from one day to the next and there is nobody out there who can do anything about it. Sorry to say but countries do need some sort of control, management otherwise it is chaos!

58. Lilly says:

Since I see there are a lot of South Africans posting on this thread (and the Denver Airport won't let me post!) I was wondering if anyone saw the DIA article and said holy #@$! That looks like Menlyn Mall! Any thoughts?

59. sarahec87 says:

Does anyone know anything about that new "Tyger Text" app for smart phones that virtually deletes your text messages from existience? It deletes it from your phone, the person you sent it to, anyone they possibly forwarded it to, and the cell phone company's records, SUPPOSEDLY. It sounds like a load of crap to me anyway.

60. Paul says:

We re all ready a police state. If you are not a politician or rich you are an enemy.