#Login Register
The Vigilant Citizen Forums
Don't Hug Me I'm Scared

09-05-2015, 01:26 AM #1
Trenton
Justiciar
I love these videos. They were released every once in a while over the last couple years, and even had a Kickstarter so the crew could do more with the series.

I'm sure many of you here on VC have seen them before. I wanted to open a discussion on what you all make of them.

They cover themes such as Imagination, Time, Religion, and most recently Computer Technology.

They are styled after the Muppets in a way, with recurring characters like Red the string monster, Robin the Crow, and a nameless Blue Haired boy. (I think the names are non canon but the fans of the series call them these)

They are mildly to sometimes quite disturbing though it looks like a Children's show. Almost creepypasta-esque.

Here they are in order for your convenience.

I know you're coming in the night like a thief, but I've had some time alone, to hone my lying technique. I know you think that I'm someone you can trust, but I'm scared I'll get scared, and I swear I'll try to nail you back up. So do you think that we could work out a sign, so I'll know it's you and that it's over so I won't even try? I know you're coming for the people like me. We've all got wood and nails, turned out in a hate factory.
The following 2 users Like Trenton's post:
  • EliasP, Loki

09-05-2015, 01:27 AM #2
Trenton
Justiciar

There are a few extra videos on the YouTube Channel that are artsy or creepy, if you want to check those out too.

I know you're coming in the night like a thief, but I've had some time alone, to hone my lying technique. I know you think that I'm someone you can trust, but I'm scared I'll get scared, and I swear I'll try to nail you back up. So do you think that we could work out a sign, so I'll know it's you and that it's over so I won't even try? I know you're coming for the people like me. We've all got wood and nails, turned out in a hate factory.
The following 1 user Likes Trenton's post:
  • SheWatches

09-05-2015, 03:47 AM #3
Thy Unveiling
Chaplain
Can't say I've ever heard of this show before. The yellow face puppet I see in the one picture thing looks a lot like Baby Boolie from The Fred Huggin's Show; a fictional show-within-a-show on The Weird All Show. Papa Boolie and Baby Boolie couldn't stand Fred.
The following 2 users Like Thy Unveiling's post:
  • MaryJane, Trenton

09-05-2015, 03:58 AM #4
Scimitar
Grand Commander
i miss morph.

Out beyond ideas
of wrong-doing,

and right-doing,

there is a field...

...I'll meet you there.
€

Jalaluddin Rumi
The following 1 user Likes Scimitar's post:
  • Trenton

09-05-2015, 04:05 AM #5
Trenton
Justiciar
(09-05-2015, 03:47 AM)Thy Unveiling Wrote:  Can't say I've ever heard of this show before. The yellow face puppet I see in the one picture thing looks a lot like Baby Boolie from The Fred Huggin's Show; a fictional show-within-a-show on The Weird All Show. Papa Boolie and Baby Boolie couldn't stand Fred.

I like Weird Al's music and saw him in concert a couple years ago, but I never watched that show. Sounds cool! Maybe I should check it out.

Yeah this show is kinda weird. I can't tell if its an eye opener video series or a brainwashing video series. It seems a mix of both. Unlearning lies or confusing us lol.

The date June 19th appears repeatedly. And a lot of random references. There are lots of subtle things too. They say  "Green is not a creative colour". And there is no green in the pie chart. They make fun of the boy when he said his fav colour is green. Then on the chart with the brain, it showed the hippocampus region (i think) green.

In the second video about time they break a rhyme. They say "Scrub scrub scrub til the water's brown"

When "Scrub scrub scrub till the water's green" would have rhymed.

Many others but the whole show is weird.

"Maybe time's just a construct of human perception, an illusion created by-" then they cut Robin off.

On the chart he had up it also showed a swastika next to E=MC².... though Einstein wasn't a Nazi as far as I'm  aware. German for sure. but what were they saying with that? lol
This post was last modified: 09-05-2015, 04:14 AM by Trenton.

The following 1 user Likes Trenton's post:
  • Thy Unveiling

09-05-2015, 10:15 PM #6
SheWatches
Justiciar

How do they get the "m" on the M&M?
The following 8 users Like SheWatches's post:
  • BaronAmity, Al Mualim, Goku, MissCherokee, xoa., Loki, Trenton, Thy Unveiling

02-10-2016, 01:27 AM #7
Trenton
Justiciar
Installment #5, after months of waiting.

Red has left the group. And now food tells the boys (Robin the Crown and Blue the human) how and what to trust and eat.

Seem confusing? It sure fuckin is!

The following 2 users Like Trenton's post:
  • Thy Unveiling, Loki

02-10-2016, 10:11 AM #8
Loki
Chaplain
Some of the weirdest shit ever. I first saw these like 4 years ago or so and they still trip me out. But now you've given me a goal for tonight: Get baked and make my roommates watch some of these.

“Life is neither good or evil, but only a place for good and evil.”
Marcus Aurelius

"In my opinion, there is a more scientific approach we can take to all hot-button issues. We do this when we stop demonizing the opposing viewpoints or victimizing ourselves, and we acknowledge and account for our own biases and emotions to the best of our ability."
--- Elliott C. Morgan
The following 3 users Like Loki's post:
  • Thy Unveiling, Trenton, Goku

02-14-2016, 11:11 AM #9
Thy Unveiling
Chaplain
I like that goal! What a cool roommate!

"Be the change you want to see in the world"

There's only one true judge and that's God; so chill and let Our Father do His job
The following 1 user Likes Thy Unveiling's post:
  • Trenton

02-16-2016, 09:28 AM #10
Loki
Chaplain
Finally got around to this last night. We watched the first one and my roommates noped out. Personally, I found the first one way funnier than I originally did. Originally I just found it very weird and creepy but high it was much more comedy than creepy. Then I watched the new 5th one by myself, this one wasn't as funny, it was just a 6 minute horror-filled journey that I felt had changed my psyche by the end of it. This, of course, was mostly due to being really high, but I was actually slack-jawed and at a loss for words by the end. I remember thinking while watching it that it was actually a really interesting artistic journey, but mostly I was horrified by what was playing out on my phone screen. Typically I'm pretty hard to horrify or disturb with imagery, I've been on the internet a long time and seen a lot of things after all.

So in short, if you want to appreciate these videos for whatever artistic integrity and genius they contain, I suggest watching them while high as fuck. However, if you're easily upset or disturbed then do not attempt.
This post was last modified: 02-16-2016, 09:29 AM by Loki.

“Life is neither good or evil, but only a place for good and evil.”
Marcus Aurelius

"In my opinion, there is a more scientific approach we can take to all hot-button issues. We do this when we stop demonizing the opposing viewpoints or victimizing ourselves, and we acknowledge and account for our own biases and emotions to the best of our ability."
--- Elliott C. Morgan
The following 3 users Like Loki's post:
  • Trenton, Goku, Thy Unveiling