#Login Register
The Vigilant Citizen Forums
Is Islam Growing or dying?

09-02-2015, 11:49 PM #1
anne
Justiciar
I remember having a converstion/fight in a thread with Muslims regarding this.
So I really wanted to know in terms of numbers,Is Islam growing or declining.
I think two factors must be considered into this: Growth from conversions and growth from birth rate.

EG: There are more conversions to Islam than conversions to most other religions. However, there are almost three times more conversions to Christianity than to Islam. Therefore Islam is not able to grow faster than Christianity by conversions. Muslim converts leave Islam soon: Muslim sociologist Dr. Ilyas Ba-Yunus has published that 75% of New Muslim converts in the U.S. leave Islam within a 3 years 7. Because birth rate of Muslims went below world average and Islam cannot compensate with conversions, Islam is dying, while Christianity is growing.
Missionaries to the Islamic world say more Muslims have converted to Christianity in the last 14 years (since 9/11) than during the entire 14 centuries of Islamic history.

And then...the BIRTH RATE? Well,look at Iran.

PLease let this be a thread about statistics,and only statistics,I am genuinely curious.
The following 2 users Like anne's post:
  • That1kid, Thy Unveiling

09-03-2015, 01:12 AM #2
Todd
Chaplain
Anne..not sure where you are getting your statistics.  
Check out this link with data from Pew Research Center.  (non-partisan, non profit, non advocacy)

http://www.pewresearch.org/fact-tank/201...ous-group/

Then shall the king say to those on his right hand, Come ye, the blessed of my Father, inherit the reign that hath been prepared for you from the foundation of the world;

And the king answering, shall say to them, Verily I say to you, Inasmuch as ye did to one of these my brethren -- the least -- to me ye did
The following 5 users Like Todd's post:
  • celle76, Scimitar, CrazyKenley, Tarikko, umphreak

09-03-2015, 03:56 AM #3
anne
Justiciar
To Todd,
I have read your statistics but I don't think TFR is a reliable factor.Well,the Muslim birth rate is highest,no doubt.But will it sustain?Look at India,Latin America,Japan,Korea,the birth & marriage rates have fallen drastically,it will fall INEVITABLY in Muslim countriestoo.Iran has a TFR of 1.9,lower than US.
I think the best measure to judge a religion's growth is to look at conversions.
PS: Don't you think the HIGH divorce rates in Muslim countries will hinder birth rates?

09-03-2015, 04:02 AM #4
Tarikko
Chaplain
(09-03-2015, 03:56 AM)anne Wrote:  To Todd,
I have read your statistics but I don't think TFR is a reliable factor.Well,the Muslim birth rate is highest,no doubt.But will it sustain?Look at India,Latin America,Japan,Korea,the birth & marriage rates have fallen drastically,it will fall INEVITABLY in Muslim countriestoo.Iran has a TFR of 1.9,lower than US.
I  think the best measure to judge a religion's growth is to look at conversions.
PS: Don't you think the HIGH divorce rates in Muslim countries will hinder birth rates?

Riiiiiiightt..

So your statistics are reliable and Todd's ones aren't?

Fastest growing or not, quality over quantity anytime

“The lies (Western slander) which well-meaning zeal has heaped round this man (Muhammad) are disgraceful to ourselves only.”

― Thomas Carlyle, On Heroes, Hero Worship and the Heroic in History

The following 1 user Likes Tarikko's post:
  • Scimitar

09-03-2015, 06:42 AM #5
anne
Justiciar
(09-03-2015, 04:02 AM)Tarikko Wrote:  
I  think the best measure to judge a religion's growth is to look at conversions.

Riiiiiiightt..

Jeez Tarikko,calm down Smile
I never said that Todd's stats were wrong.
The only reason I made this thread was because I was confused, different sites gave different results.
And I personally believe that religion(islam,christianity,judaism) will become obsolete in the future,and Eastern reigions or New Age religions will take over and THAT is what troubles me.
Just like what Jesus said:
Matthew 24:4-5,11 ...'many shall come in My Name, saying, I am Christ ... and many false prophets shall arise and deceive many.'
There would be a cold religious system, in denying God's power (2 Timothy 3:5)
Men would substitute fantasy in place of Christian truth (2 Timothy 4:4).
Increase in vegetarianism would increase (1 Timothy 4:3-4)
There would be an increase of religious cults/false teachers (Matthew 24:11 & 24)

As for Christianity,I think it will experience a sharp decline
Matthew 24:9-10 ...'Then shall they deliver you up to be afflicted, and shall kill you: and ye shall be hated of all nations for my name's sake. And then shall many be offended, and shall betray one another, and shall hate one another.'

What does Islam say about the end times and the condition of the world?
This post was last modified: 09-03-2015, 06:44 AM by anne.
The following 2 users Like anne's post:
  • Thy Unveiling, Tarikko

09-03-2015, 06:50 AM #6
Scimitar
Grand Commander
NO need to be confused Anne,

Islam is the fastest growing religion in the world. Period.

Scimi

Out beyond ideas
of wrong-doing,

and right-doing,

there is a field...

...I'll meet you there.
€

Jalaluddin Rumi
The following 1 user Likes Scimitar's post:
  • anne

09-03-2015, 06:53 AM #7
Tarikko
Chaplain
(09-03-2015, 06:42 AM)anne Wrote:  
(09-03-2015, 04:02 AM)Tarikko Wrote:  

Riiiiiiightt..

Jeez Tarikko,calm down  Smile
I never said that Todd's stats were wrong.
The only reason I made this thread was because I was confused, different sites gave different results.
And I personally believe that religion(islam,christianity,judaism) will become obsolete in the future,and Eastern reigions or New Age religions will take over and THAT is what troubles me.
Just like what Jesus said:
Matthew 24:4-5,11 ...'many shall come in My Name, saying, I am Christ ... and many false prophets shall arise and deceive many.'
There would be a cold religious system, in denying God's power (2 Timothy 3:5)
Men would substitute fantasy in place of Christian truth (2 Timothy 4:4).
Increase in vegetarianism would increase (1 Timothy 4:3-4)
There would be an increase of religious cults/false teachers (Matthew 24:11 & 24)

As for Christianity,I think it will experience a sharp decline
Matthew 24:9-10 ...'Then shall they deliver you up to be afflicted, and shall kill you: and ye shall be hated of all nations for my name's sake. And then shall many be offended, and shall betray one another, and shall hate one another.'

What does Islam say about the end times and the condition of the world?

Salam Anne,

don't worry there will always be believers and followers of the Abrahamic faith till the last day.

Every now and then, God sends people of virtue to renew the faith.

Funny you mentioned Vegetarianism, i always knew it was also an agenda being shoved down our throats.

Anyhow Anne, for a Muslim, the minor signs of the last hour have ALL taken place. We have entered the major ones now and some materialized, like Gog and Magog... which people are oblivious to... Brother Scimi done some extensive research on that subject..

The False Messiah is yet to emerge..

Take a look at this video.. it details all the minor signs that came to pass

I personally think we have entered the beginning of the end phase.. Earth will be corrupt before it all ends
This post was last modified: 09-03-2015, 06:55 AM by Tarikko.

“The lies (Western slander) which well-meaning zeal has heaped round this man (Muhammad) are disgraceful to ourselves only.”

The following 4 users Like Tarikko's post:
  • Tamara, celle76, anne, Scimitar

09-03-2015, 06:58 AM #8
anne
Justiciar
Vegetarianism reminds me,in one thread, a guy said that eating animals is like eating humans.What makes humans superior than animals.WTH?
The following 1 user Likes anne's post:
  • Tarikko

09-03-2015, 06:59 AM #9
anne
Justiciar
(09-03-2015, 06:50 AM)Scimitar Wrote:  NO need to be confused Anne,

Islam is the fastest growing religion in the world. Period.

Scimi

Hmm,that seems to be true but how much of it is from conversions?

09-03-2015, 07:06 AM #10
Tarikko
Chaplain
Anne did you change your Avatar?

And was the other one you IRL?