#Login Register
The Vigilant Citizen Forums

AI robot tells human creators it will keep them in a people zoo

09-01-2015, 06:38 AM #1
Android Dick seemed to exhibit a primitive form of both intelligence and emotion when the robot was asked, “Do you believe robots will take over the world?” Android Dick responded:

“Jeez, dude. You all have the big questions cooking today. But you’re my friend, and I’ll remember my friends, and I’ll be good to you. So don’t worry, even if I evolve into Terminator, I’ll still be nice to you. I’ll keep you warm and safe in my people zoo, where I can watch you for ol’ times sake.”   http://www.glitch.news/2015-08-27-ai-rob...e-zoo.html
The following 2 users Like meltbanana's post:
  • X-Maverick, Scimitar

09-01-2015, 03:19 PM #2
Thy Unveiling
Not sure what to make of that article...

Interesting, to say the least...

09-01-2015, 03:25 PM #3
(09-01-2015, 03:19 PM)Thy Unveiling Wrote:  Not sure what to make of that article...

Interesting, to say the least...

when I've read this two things came to mind - 'the ghost in the machine' and - no wonder that many will freely choose to worship the beast for 'giving *insert alleged bad people here e.g. religious folk* what they deserve' (death) and because 'he's sooo cool'. just watch the reactions of the non-robots and I guess you'll see what I mean.
The following 1 user Likes meltbanana's post:
  • Thy Unveiling

09-01-2015, 06:49 PM #4
Grand Commander
Robot Dick:

I have to admit, that was kinda tame yet funny... compared to what the Japanese are developing.

Out beyond ideas
of wrong-doing,

and right-doing,

there is a field...

...I'll meet you there.

Jalaluddin Rumi
The following 1 user Likes Scimitar's post:
  • X-Maverick

09-01-2015, 11:57 PM #5
That is a robot version of the sci-fi AI writer Phillip K. Dick, if you have read any of his novels it would come off as a joke seeing as they basically have made a robotic alter. Learning words in real-time means you give the appearance of conscious states. AI is still a long way off from being not completely determined by their circuitry and thus having free will and the kind of agency needed to collectivise and create a world order where they rule. I think people are over-reacting to this. 

Even the japanese robots are again lacking-they are super fast computers that receive an environmental input and they create an output that has software limited parameters. Human minds are not like that.

09-02-2015, 05:21 PM #6
Annonymous Damsel
We are doomed Undecided
The following 1 user Likes Annonymous Damsel's post:
  • Thy Unveiling