#Login Register
The Vigilant Citizen Forums
Advanced Civilizations

08-31-2015, 10:11 AM #1
Kung Fu
Chaplain
So I was talking with family and friends and I brought up the possibility of early advanced civilizations like Atlantis and how they were so advanced to the point that they had weapons(nukes) that could nearly destroy humanity. So I was trying to entertain the notion that human civilizations got so advanced in the past like they were now but eventually destroyed themselves in a war and reset everything throwing us back in the stone ages and then working our way back to where we are now.

I find this stuff to be very interesting and would love to hear others thoughts on this.

Prophet Muhammad (SallAllahu alaihi wasalam) said:

"My similitude and that of the life of this world is that of a traveler who took a rest at mid-day under a shade of a tree and then left it."       (Ahmad, at-Tirmidhi, Ibn Majah and al-Hakim)

The following 6 users Like Kung Fu's post:
  • Trenton, Vytas, The Creeper, Thy Unveiling, meltbanana, Tarikko

08-31-2015, 10:30 AM #2
meltbanana
Chaplain
the lizard people wanted giant toblerones but got tricked by aliens from outer space who gave them flavorless stone pyramids. then they said f u and that's why planet nibiru has been sent to destroy every piece of chocolate on Earth. so watch out for 2012. seriously though - aren't you an islamic brother who should believe what the Qur'an says? essential history is also found in biblical scriptures by the way. they had quite some battles and specific soldier class angels must be pretty awesome but I don't think they had any sort of 'technology' in a sense as we've got it nowadays. ancient electricity circuits (and 'light bulbs'), as well as other nonsense such as flying ships have long been debunked,. some did have some neat gadgets now and then but I believe that the 'highest era' were the times in which they've tried to build the tower of babel. and you know how that ended.

08-31-2015, 10:38 AM #3
meltbanana
Chaplain
this guy is a nutjob but a pretty nice one I would say. you'll probably find some funny and interesting stuff there.  https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCbmJUAC...Gg8LDgDpeA

08-31-2015, 10:57 AM #4
Robert Baird
Justiciar
The authors (very conventional) of Ancient Inventions say it took until 1950 for us to catch up with the engineering done in Egypt around the time of Rome starting. There were huge ships (Triemes) and slot machines. Steam Engines and yes, those light bulbs. I can explain the Abydos glyphs with the flying machines - and the debunkers were de-bunked including Lumir Janku.

Vimanas also are entirely doable with ancient knowledge going back long before Egypt. The Rhind Papyrus is copied from far earlier work and has prosthetics - probably going back to when the Great Pyramid of Iesa was built. We (WGBH) cannot do a small replica - yes, they lied (it shifted in the sand and they used fork lifts). If you guys want threads on this stuff (proving no alien Intervention) I've got lots.
The following 2 users Like Robert Baird's post:
  • The Creeper, Kung Fu

08-31-2015, 10:59 AM #5
Kung Fu
Chaplain
(08-31-2015, 10:30 AM)meltbanana Wrote:  seriously though - aren't you an islamic brother who should believe what the Qur'an says?

What does the Quran say that negates anything I said?

"My similitude and that of the life of this world is that of a traveler who took a rest at mid-day under a shade of a tree and then left it."       (Ahmad, at-Tirmidhi, Ibn Majah and al-Hakim)

The following 2 users Like Kung Fu's post:
  • The Creeper, Annonymous Damsel

08-31-2015, 11:03 AM #6
Kung Fu
Chaplain
(08-31-2015, 10:57 AM)Robert Baird Wrote:  Vimanas also are entirely doable with ancient knowledge going back long before Egypt. The Rhind Papyrus is copied from far earlier work and has prosthetics - probably going back to when the Great Pyramid of Iesa was built. We (WGBH) cannot do a small replica - yes, they lied (it shifted in the sand and they used fork lifts). If you guys want threads on this stuff (proving no alien Intervention) I've got lots.

I was reading about Vimanas and it was really interesting. There are things being found, such as what seems like toy planes, dating back to as far as 5000BC and so what I want to know is how did people from thousands of years ago know what a plane was? There's more to these stories than really meets the eye.

The following 2 users Like Kung Fu's post:
  • The Creeper, Thy Unveiling

08-31-2015, 11:12 AM #7
meltbanana
Chaplain
(08-31-2015, 10:59 AM)Kung Fu Wrote:  
(08-31-2015, 10:30 AM)meltbanana Wrote:  seriously though - aren't you an islamic brother who should believe what the Qur'an says?

What does the Quran say that negates anything I said?

- what does the Qur'an not say? and why do you view anything as an attack brother? check out the YouTube link there's a lot about such 'technologies', Atlantis and so on. I've watched a few videos from this guy and they were funny and interesting. others I had to skip because they were nonsensical or even antichristian (mostly his older ones). the subject of your thread is indeed an interesting topic but more in the sense of fringe entertainment. if you find anything cool please post it here.

08-31-2015, 11:13 AM #8
anne
Justiciar
Wish I could add the link,but I read somewhere that moral secline had a BIG role to play in the destruction of Roman Empire.Sex clubs,public sex,homosexuality & pedestary had become VERY common.Abortion was so common that women used to JUST throw theirlive babies in graveyards without any regret.
The following 2 users Like anne's post:
  • The Creeper, Thy Unveiling

08-31-2015, 11:15 AM #9
meltbanana
Chaplain
(08-31-2015, 11:13 AM)anne Wrote:  Wish I could add the link,but I read somewhere that moral secline had a BIG role to play in the destruction of Roman Empire.Sex clubs,public sex,homosexuality & pedestary had become VERY common.Abortion was so common that women used to JUST throw theirlive  babies in graveyards without any regret.

sounds like 2015 to me.
The following 2 users Like meltbanana's post:
  • The Creeper, anne

08-31-2015, 11:40 AM #10
Kung Fu
Chaplain
(08-31-2015, 11:12 AM)meltbanana Wrote:  - what does the Qur'an not say? and why do you view anything as an attack brother? c

I wasn't attacking you. I simply wanted to know what you thought the Quran said on the topic at hand.

To my knowledge whatever I've said thus far has not contradicted or gone against the Quran in anyway that I can see. If you see it differently then please post the verse that I've gone against and we can take it from there Smile Again I'm not attacking you.

The following 3 users Like Kung Fu's post:
  • The Creeper, Thy Unveiling, meltbanana