#Login Register
The Vigilant Citizen Forums
What is the gospel? What is conversion? What is repentance? How can you know if yo

08-30-2015, 02:15 PM #1
sPEktrall
Chaplain
What is the gospel?  What is conversion?  What is repentance?  How can you know if you and others are saved?

Prov 15:7 The lips of the wise disperse knowledge: but the heart of the foolish doeth not so.
The following 1 user Likes sPEktrall's post:
  • The Creeper

08-30-2015, 02:21 PM #2
Scimitar
Grand Commander
You can't...

...else, why would God have to judge if you already knew the judgement?

savvy?

Scimi

Out beyond ideas
of wrong-doing,

and right-doing,

there is a field...

...I'll meet you there.
€

Jalaluddin Rumi
The following 4 users Like Scimitar's post:
  • Goku, Smooch, The Creeper, meltbanana

08-30-2015, 03:16 PM #3
sPEktrall
Chaplain

Prov 15:7 The lips of the wise disperse knowledge: but the heart of the foolish doeth not so.
  • The Creeper

08-30-2015, 03:18 PM #4
meltbanana
Chaplain
The Gospel in a Nutshell

In 1 Corinthians 15:1-8, the apostle Paul summarizes the most basic ingredients of the gospel message, namely, the death, burial, resurrection, and appearances of the resurrected Christ. Note the four clauses introduced by that in bold type in verses 3-5 below:

15:1 Now I want to make clear for you, brothers and sisters, the gospel that I preached to you, that you received and on which you stand, 15:2 and by which you are being saved, if you hold firmly to the message I preached to you—unless you believed in vain. 15:3 For I passed on to you as of first importance what I also received—that Christ died for our sins according to the scriptures, 15:4 and that he was buried, and that he was raised on the third day according to the scriptures, 15:5 and that he appeared to Cephas, then to the twelve…4   https://bible.org/article/what-Gospel

gospel is the translation of the Greek noun euangelion  (...) “good news,” and the verb euangelizo (...), meaning “to bring or announce good news.”
The following 2 users Like meltbanana's post:
  • Smooch, The Creeper

08-30-2015, 03:21 PM #5
Scimitar
Grand Commander
Spek, no offence bro but I thought you wanted a conversation or discussion - but you are just throwing out videos like a spam monkey man. Not even a synopsis? are you really this ... uh .... nah, I'll let someone else say it.

Scimi

Out beyond ideas
of wrong-doing,

and right-doing,

there is a field...

...I'll meet you there.
€

Jalaluddin Rumi

08-30-2015, 03:41 PM #6
sPEktrall
Chaplain
(08-30-2015, 03:18 PM)meltbanana Wrote:  The Gospel in a Nutshell

In 1 Corinthians 15:1-8, the apostle Paul summarizes the most basic ingredients of the gospel message, namely, the death, burial, resurrection, and appearances of the resurrected Christ. Note the four clauses introduced by that in bold type in verses 3-5 below:

15:1 Now I want to make clear for you, brothers and sisters, the gospel that I preached to you, that you received and on which you stand, 15:2 and by which you are being saved, if you hold firmly to the message I preached to you—unless you believed in vain. 15:3 For I passed on to you as of first importance what I also received—that Christ died for our sins according to the scriptures, 15:4 and that he was buried, and that he was raised on the third day according to the scriptures, 15:5 and that he appeared to Cephas, then to the twelve…4   https://bible.org/article/what-Gospel

gospel is the translation of the Greek noun euangelion  (...) “good news,” and the verb euangelizo (...), meaning “to bring or announce good news.”

How should we share the gospel.  What do you tell an individual while engaged with him?

• The Creeper

08-30-2015, 04:03 PM #7
Scimitar
Grand Commander
(08-30-2015, 03:41 PM)sPEktrall Wrote:  How should we share the gospel.

Divide it into equal parts Big Grin  

(08-30-2015, 03:41 PM)sPEktrall Wrote:  What do you tell an individual while engaged with him?

If I was a girl, I'd say "you look at another woman in my presence, I chop your ghoolies off" Big Grin

Jokes aside... sharing truth, is all about learning first, what the other considers to be their truths, and one must probe deeply into that in order to understand exactly what theological premise one is believing in - and if it doesn't hold up in terms of simplicity of accpetance, then you can point that out and show them why that personal theology of their is wrong... you can do this many ways, but you must always start off with an example the person can relate to. A real world example. You can support that example with a verse from the bible, so long as it follows the correct context, for you must never EVER mislead someone to truth via scriptural inconsistencies... problem is, that with you as a Christian, you'll be forever trying to find consistency within your bible... and that will be a massive problem for you.

Unless you was engaging with a starving person from the third world who was under the "food for faith" initiative which is very well known amongst us truthers.

Scimi

Out beyond ideas
of wrong-doing,

and right-doing,

there is a field...

...I'll meet you there.
€

Jalaluddin Rumi
The following 1 user Likes Scimitar's post:
  • The Creeper

08-30-2015, 04:06 PM #8
sPEktrall
Chaplain
(08-30-2015, 04:03 PM)Scimitar Wrote:  
(08-30-2015, 03:41 PM)sPEktrall Wrote:  How should we share the gospel.

Divide it into equal parts Big Grin  

(08-30-2015, 03:41 PM)sPEktrall Wrote:  What do you tell an individual while engaged with him?

If I was a girl, I'd say "you look at another woman in my presence, I chop your ghoolies off" Big Grin

Jokes aside... sharing truth, is all about learning first, what the other considers to be their truths, and one must probe deeply into that in order to understand exactly what theological premise one is believing in - and if it doesn't hold up in terms of simplicity of accpetance, then you can point that out and show them why that personal theology of their is wrong... you can do this many ways, but you must always start off with an example the person can relate to. A real world example. You can support that example with a verse from the bible, so long as it follows the correct context, for you must never EVER mislead someone to truth via scriptural inconsistencies... problem is, that with you as a Christian, you'll be forever trying to find consistency within your bible... and that will be a massive problem for you.

Unless you was engaging with a starving person from the third world who was under the "food for faith" initiative which is very well known amongst us truthers.

Scimi

I agree with most of what you say, but I cant say I am surprised you got the bold in there.

• The Creeper

08-30-2015, 04:08 PM #9
Scimitar
Grand Commander
Neither am I, that you quoted it Smile

God bless,

Scimi

Out beyond ideas
of wrong-doing,

and right-doing,

there is a field...

...I'll meet you there.
€

Jalaluddin Rumi
The following 1 user Likes Scimitar's post:
  • The Creeper

08-30-2015, 04:10 PM #10
sPEktrall
Chaplain
Is there an urgency, or should there be an urgency?  

• The Creeper