#Login Register
The Vigilant Citizen Forums
‘Magicians of the Gods’, snapshots of a work in progress

08-30-2015, 01:40 PM #1
Hex
Wanderer
‘Magicians of the Gods’, snapshots of a work in progress

A talk by Graham Hancock on his recent progress with various archaeological sites.

In short? Compelling evidence that our history is not quite what we think.

Quote:In late 2015 Graham Hancock will bring out his new book, ‘Magicians of the Gods’, the sequel to his worldwide bestseller ‘Fingerprints of the Gods’. In this lecture, recorded in March 2014 for Alternatives London at Saint James’s Church in Piccadilly, he reviews his past work and shares some of the research for the new book.

"We check and repress the divinity that stirs within us, to fall down and worship the divinity that is dead without us."
--  Henry David Thoreau, 1851

My Site: www.intelligentinfinity.net

The following 4 users Like Hex's post:
  • Goku, SheWatches, Kung Fu, Scimitar

08-30-2015, 03:29 PM #2
Scimitar
Grand Commander
I remember being 20 and buying his "fingerprints of the Gods" from heathrow airport lol.

I tried to read it but got left properly confuddled - but that was my first introduction into the mysteries of this planet... one particular character stuck out for me, Viracocha... Grahame described Viracocha as if he was a Muslim. White robes, cut above ankles, wearing a flat hat (like a kufi) and with beard but no mustache - preached 1 God, but the peeps made him into a deity instead.

And so, it repeats.

Scimi

EDIT: already seen it. He was so hated and despised in the 70's and 70's but FF a few decades and archaelogy catches up to his research, and though it doesn't confirm his theories, it does partly support him. Between truth and fiction, is room for anything to evolve - especially imagination.
This post was last modified: 08-31-2015, 01:08 PM by Scimitar.

Out beyond ideas
of wrong-doing,

and right-doing,

there is a field...

...I'll meet you there.
€

Jalaluddin Rumi
The following 2 users Like Scimitar's post:
  • Kung Fu, Hex

08-31-2015, 05:37 AM #3
Hex
Wanderer
^ Thanks for the response Scimi. Certainly interesting stuff. One of the more exciting discoveries he talks about has been the site of Guning Padang, with recent estimates pegging it now between 9000-20,000 years old. The implications are pretty staggering when we think about it. Discusses India at 22:30 onwards if you've not seen this particular talk.

"We check and repress the divinity that stirs within us, to fall down and worship the divinity that is dead without us."

The following 1 user Likes Hex's post:
  • Scimitar

08-31-2015, 01:01 PM #4
Scimitar
Grand Commander
I've seen the one in the video. Truth be told, I remember watching it to see if he expands upon the whole inner / hollow earth theory he has toyed with in the past. He's most certainly gained a reputation in the last decade, whereas in previous ones he was outcasted as a weirdo maverick pseudo-archaeologist with and interest in ancient mysteries. Thing is, today theres nowt wrong with that.

Scimi

Out beyond ideas
of wrong-doing,

and right-doing,

there is a field...

...I'll meet you there.
€

Jalaluddin Rumi

08-31-2015, 01:22 PM #5
Annonymous Damsel
Marshall
Are you guys being for real? Undecided

08-31-2015, 02:30 PM #6
SheWatches
Justiciar
(08-31-2015, 01:22 PM)Annonymous Damsel Wrote:  Are you guys being for real? Undecided

AD, it's kinda hard to ignore actual stone structures when they're staring you in the face.  It all boils down to the carbon (& other methods of) dating; you either take the lab results at their word or you don't.  With the ancient stone temples discovered on Malta, Sardinia, Catal Huyuk, Gobekli Tepe, & now Guning Padang, the "Neolithic" (when people supposedly only  lived in caves) keeps getting pushed further & further back in time.

The "western timeline" is severely outdated now.  We need to readjust it or at least redefine what the "Neolithic" really was because it sure just ain't Fred Flintstone anymore...

This post was last modified: 08-31-2015, 02:43 PM by SheWatches.

How do they get the "m" on the M&M?
The following 1 user Likes SheWatches's post:
  • Hex

08-31-2015, 02:41 PM #7
Scimitar
Grand Commander
(08-31-2015, 01:22 PM)Annonymous Damsel Wrote:  Are you guys being for real? Undecided

Yes, I exist. Big Grin

Scimi

Out beyond ideas
of wrong-doing,

and right-doing,

there is a field...

...I'll meet you there.
€

Jalaluddin Rumi
  • Vytas, Tarikko

08-31-2015, 02:44 PM #8
Hex
Wanderer
(08-31-2015, 01:01 PM)Scimitar Wrote:  I've seen the one in the video. Truth be told, I remember watching it to see if he expands upon the whole inner / hollow earth theory he has toyed with in the past. He's most certainly gained a reputation in the last decade, whereas in previous ones he was outcasted as a weirdo maverick pseudo-archaeologist with and interest in ancient mysteries. Thing is, today theres nowt wrong with that.

Scimi
In all honesty I've pretty much ignored him until recently. I had always figured he drew connections that weren't there, though decided to revisit some of his later work. While I don't necessarily agree with all his work from what I've said, it's more the emphasis on the ancient archaeological sites that interests me.

In any case, and as SW so eloquently pointed out, there's shit we don't know bruh.

(Sorry I'll stop going ghetto. It doesn't particularly suit me I don't think.)

The following 2 users Like Hex's post:
  • Goku, Scimitar

08-31-2015, 02:54 PM #9
Scimitar
Grand Commander
He does get fixated on time frames a lot, and I think this is very important when attempting to understand a world wide anthropology for the pyramid epochs of many millenia ago.

WIth regards to the global deluge he mentions, my own research tells me that it happened between 10,000 and 12,000 bc, which does fit in with his time frame for the deluge also.

What I don't like about him, is his comparisons to biblical data - which more often than not, makes a mockery of Christianity and it's understanding of the first human beings (Adam and Eve)to have been placed here by God circa 6000BC. This is the common Christian belief about the genesis of man.

And I do wonder, why he hasn't ever attempted to see the evidences given in the Qur'an regarding "perished nations". See, I followed the Qur'anic stories of the perished nations, and found clues in modern geology, archaeology and other "ologies" which correlated strongly with these. The Qur'an does not give a date for Adam and Eve, but it does tell us to investigate and contemplate our reality and to reflect on the stories and their meanings. It's actually quite a deep understanding that can be a book in its own right.

What fascinates me, is that he has taken an altogether different approach to me and I still managed to agree with his dating for the deluge. He's onto something, but I don't think he quite knows exactly what.

Scimi

EDIT: on the topic of ancient pyramids - older than the human record can prove for them at any rate. I want for you to entertain an idea, if you will.

You started the thread on Jinn. I explained in that thread how the Jinn were the first Vice Regents of this planet, but the Vice Regency was taken from them and given to us humans - as God necessitated for Adam and Eve to live on earth.

Could it be, that these pre-historic structures, megaliths, pyramids etc, were built by Jinn?

I have been studying these topics in private for years, and I am convinced that some of these ancient structures and monuments, were built by Jinn when they had the Vice regency of earth.

As for ancient aliens Big Grin ancient Jinn?

yes. it's a fascinating possibility which I am leaning (rather heavily) towards.

Scimi
This post was last modified: 08-31-2015, 03:06 PM by Scimitar.

Out beyond ideas
of wrong-doing,

and right-doing,

there is a field...

...I'll meet you there.
€

Jalaluddin Rumi
  • Kung Fu, Tarikko

08-31-2015, 03:04 PM #10
meltbanana
Chaplain
I'd assume Nephilim built them. whoever it was they all suck.