#Login Register
The Vigilant Citizen Forums
Too much contemplation about reality?

08-30-2015, 12:14 PM #1
cameronjcw
Justiciar
I think about this pretty much every day, usually a few times a day, actually mostly when I am in the bath, on the toilet or lying down to go to sleep, as most people probably do!? Maybe not always about reality and stuff? I do think about other things, obviously depending on what has been going on in my life at the time but the contemplation of reality is something that is always there. I don't honestly think any of us will ever know for sure until we die and if nothing happens and we just cease to exist then it wont matter, that idea kinda pisses me off a bit to be honest.

The whole idea of never finding out at all really annoys me although I have to admit I am a bit scared about what might come after this reality if its anything worse, like for instance if there is a hell and I might end up there for eternity, the thought of eternal torture scares me a bit, so does the thought of nothingness. I don't want to just cease to exist Sad

So am I slightly obsessed!? Or is this normal? Maybe I think it weighs so heavily on my mind so much because death is so much more imminent or at least seemingly imminent. I seriously want to not waste a second of what time I have left although I am exhausted to the point of not managing to do much but yeah anyway, does anybody else contemplate this regularly, are there opinions that frequently change or have you came to a more solid at least partial conclusion of what you think this reality is!?

One thing I do think is that its all some kind of game, not 100% of the reasons, maybe it is for us to learn and move up a level so to speak depending on how that works exactly or maybe we really don't matter at all except to ourselves and to whoever is playing us we are nothing more than characters in a game!?

Infinity in any form just doesn't seem possible, its all an illusion! There is no infinite space, time or infinite anything? What is outside of it, something else that is infinite or just another illusion of infinity!? I think I need a nap!? More than likely take me a while to go to sleep cause Ill be thinking about reality again although not infinitely! hah
This post was last modified: 08-30-2015, 12:15 PM by cameronjcw.
The following 4 users Like cameronjcw's post:
  • Trenton, MoroccanEyes, The Creeper, Thy Unveiling

08-30-2015, 12:58 PM #2
Thy Unveiling
Chaplain
I don't get much time to get lost in thought these days. I do miss the days where I would just be left alone to sleep in... Maybe that's why I'm always dragging ass and unable to comprehend much. Never enough sleep Sad

I have thought along those same lines you mentioned before. As a kid, I'd go back and forth between imagining we're all basically toys that giants play with as if we're Barbie's, or that I was the only real person and everyone else were robots.

These days... I feel more like Dorothy's scarecrow "if I only had a brain" (or someone willing to watch my daughter in the mornings until I'm not such a zombie...) But I have asked all those questions you pose, and probably others you didn't mention. I'd imagine everyone has at some point. (Usually on the loo I wonder "why do we all have to be so disgusting?" Or yell "can't I do my business in peace without you screaming and crying at me?!?! Ffs!!!" That last thing is clearly shouted at my kid, obviously :p)

Some of my most brilliant thoughts have come about while washing my hair. By the time I'm all clean and dressed, damned if I can remember what they were.

I'm still waking up and procrastinating on tidying the house. Lately haven't been particularly motivated.

One thing I often wonder is why do so many people who are better off financially, mentally, and are patient have to resort to drastic measures to have kids? Why them? They'd be so good with kids. Then people like me, or people far worse than me who actually abuse their kids we end up having them without even trying? Wtf is that all about? Its really effing unfair to the childless who want kids (as opposed to childfree who don't) and worse its unfair to the kids getting beaten, or at least with an impatient broke mom who just whines and yells a lot...
This post was last modified: 08-30-2015, 03:04 PM by Thy Unveiling.
The following 2 users Like Thy Unveiling's post:
  • Trenton, The Creeper

08-30-2015, 01:37 PM #3
The Creeper
Chaplain
Ahh you have been doing this, Smile we have all been there.

A fool thinks himself to be wise, but a wise man knows himself to be a fool – William Shakespear
The following 8 users Like The Creeper's post:
  • Trenton, Goku, SheWatches, Bruh, Scimitar, Hex, Thy Unveiling, Smooch

08-30-2015, 03:08 PM #4
Thy Unveiling
Chaplain
Lmfao that was a good laugh! Thank you for that! Between that and Night at the Museum, I'll never be able to look at him the same again Big Grin
The following 1 user Likes Thy Unveiling's post:
  • The Creeper

08-30-2015, 03:14 PM #5
Hex
Wanderer
(08-30-2015, 12:14 PM)cameronjcw Wrote:  The whole idea of never finding out at all really annoys me although I have to admit I am a bit scared about what might come after this reality if its anything worse, like for instance if there is a hell and I might end up there for eternity, the thought of eternal torture scares me a bit, so does the thought of nothingness.  I don't want to just cease to exist Sad
"Live a good life. If there are gods and they are just, then they will not care how devout you have been, but will welcome you based on the virtues you have lived by. If there are gods, but unjust, then you should not want to worship them. If there are no gods, then you will be gone, but will have lived a noble life that will live on in the memories of your loved ones. I am not afraid." - Marcus Aurelius

"We check and repress the divinity that stirs within us, to fall down and worship the divinity that is dead without us."
--  Henry David Thoreau, 1851

My Site: www.intelligentinfinity.net

The following 4 users Like Hex's post:
  • Goku, FlixKandish, Thy Unveiling, The Creeper

08-30-2015, 03:39 PM #6
The Creeper
Chaplain
(08-30-2015, 03:08 PM)Thy Unveiling Wrote:  Lmfao that was a good laugh! Thank you for that! Between that and Night at the Museum, I'll never be able to look at him the same again Big Grin

Thanks, I thought it would be good for a laugh.
In all seriousness though, I have had some well deep thoughts while sitting on the toilet about some of the very things cameronjcw mentioned in her OP. What is real? Are there many different layers to reality? What is my soul? All kinds of things. I sometimes spend way more time in there than I need to. Nobody really knows what will happen when we die but it is an experience we all must go through. We just have to wait and see, or hit a massive amount of DMT but I wouldn't recommend that. I will see you on the other side Wink (but hopefully I wont be over there any time soon, I got stuff to do).
This post was last modified: 08-30-2015, 04:05 PM by The Creeper.

A fool thinks himself to be wise, but a wise man knows himself to be a fool – William Shakespear
The following 3 users Like The Creeper's post:
  • Trenton, Thy Unveiling, cameronjcw

08-30-2015, 05:45 PM #7
Bruh
Knight
Yeah, I think about these things all the time, too.  Especially after the death of a friend, family member, acquaintance, etc.  It really gets my mind going about the unforgiving nature of physical reality, and what may or may not lie beyond it.

My grandma recently passed and then I found out that one of my first girlfriends from my teen years passed away last year so these kind of things have been on my mind a lot recently. 

I think about the fact that everybody will eventually die, too.  Like, someday my parents will die, then I will, then my younger siblings, nephews, nieces, etc., will die, too.  And soon, even memories of me will fade, as they will for everyone else.  I mean, I don't remember my great grandparents let alone my great GREAT grandparents.  So, what's the point of it all? 

To "level up?"  To what?  And why?  Then what?  What's the point of that?

Perhaps consciousness is just evolving to perfection and we are all just cogs in the machinery of that mechanism? 

@TheUnveiling

I have also contemplated being the only real person whereas everyone else is not robots per se, but just "phantoms" or something that only exist in my presence.  I was in elementary school when I told my mom I think about this.  She laughed her ass off and called me something along the lines of arrogant, self centered, egocentric or something.  I guess it is kinda funny at a glance but I legitimately considered the idea and sometimes still do. 

Maybe there are multiple universes and they are simply each of our conscious experiences intertwined with each other? 

The following 4 users Like Bruh's post:
  • SheWatches, Thy Unveiling, cameronjcw, The Creeper

08-30-2015, 07:02 PM #8
cameronjcw
Justiciar
(08-30-2015, 05:45 PM)Bruh Wrote:  Yeah, I think about these things all the time, too.  Especially after the death of a friend, family member, acquaintance, etc.  It really gets my mind going about the unforgiving nature of physical reality, and what may or may not lie beyond it.

My grandma recently passed and then I found out that one of my first girlfriends from my teen years passed away last year so these kind of things have been on my mind a lot recently. 

I think about the fact that everybody will eventually die, too.  Like, someday my parents will die, then I will, then my younger siblings, nephews, nieces, etc., will die, too.  And soon, even memories of me will fade, as they will for everyone else.  I mean, I don't remember my great grandparents let alone my great GREAT grandparents.  So, what's the point of it all? 

To "level up?"  To what?  And why?  Then what?  What's the point of that?

Perhaps consciousness is just evolving to perfection and we are all just cogs in the machinery of that mechanism? 

@TheUnveiling

I have also contemplated being the only real person whereas everyone else is not robots per se, but just "phantoms" or something that only exist in my presence.  I was in elementary school when I told my mom I think about this.  She laughed her ass off and called me something along the lines of arrogant, self centered, egocentric or something.  I guess it is kinda funny at a glance but I legitimately considered the idea and sometimes still do. 

Maybe there are multiple universes and they are simply each of our conscious experiences intertwined with each other? 

Oh yeah I think about that one often!! I mean what if everything only exists according to me but how could I ever know that for sure. It could be like the way games used to be like a racing game and the scenery builds up as you go along only with real life. I mean if you observe particles in the double slit experiment for instance it changes when its being observed, maybe like is like this!?

Sometimes it feels like a big joke on me kind of thing, like there's clues constantly in my face that seem far to coincidental that its almost like somebody playing with your mind, like if I have something on the TV and Ill be talking to my daughter and right as I say a word the exact same word is being said on the TV!? Stuff like that happens all the time and it just makes me kind of laugh although its like somebody up there or out there is taking the piss. Maybe earth or this reality is just like a version of the truman show in somebody else's reality and we are all the characters that are being observed and manipulated just for someone else's entertainment!?

All these supposed coincidences are really bizzare at times and all I cant do is just to keep thinking WTF lol
The following 2 users Like cameronjcw's post:
  • Thy Unveiling, The Creeper

08-30-2015, 10:02 PM #9
Thy Unveiling
Chaplain
Oh wasn't it Futurama where Earth was basically a reality show for another planet? They found us funny, then were wanting to kill us all over an episode of Ally McBeal or something
The following 1 user Likes Thy Unveiling's post:
  • cameronjcw

08-31-2015, 03:53 AM #10
SheWatches
Justiciar
Cameron & TU, There are other celestial realms beyond the physical domains.  I've done astral travel, had chats with recently deceased relatives, & received clear (both audio & visual ) guidance from the Divine.  But I know no one else has to believe me or take my word for it, they can only rely on their own experience.  I just thought it might provide some comfort knowing these things if you're open to it.

This post was last modified: 08-31-2015, 03:54 AM by SheWatches.

How do they get the "m" on the M&M?
The following 5 users Like SheWatches's post:
  • Goku, The Creeper, cameronjcw, Hex, Thy Unveiling