#Login Register
The Vigilant Citizen Forums
CIA Admits to Congress the Agency Uses Mainstream Media to Distribute Disinformation

08-30-2015, 06:32 AM #1
Emerald
Chaplain
http://www.globalresearch.ca/1975-video-...on/5424860

"It has been verified by a source who claims she was there that then-CIA Director William Casey did in fact say the controversial and often-disputed line “We’ll know our disinformation program is complete when everything the American public believes is false,” reportedly in 1981.
Despite Casey being under investigation by Congress for being involved in a major disinformation plot involving the overthrow of Libya’s Qaddafi in 1981, and despite Casey arguing on the record that the CIA should have a legal right to spread disinformation via the mainstream news that same year, this quote continues to be argued by people who weren’t there and apparently cannot believe a CIA Director would ever say such a thing.
But spreading disinfo is precisely what the CIA would — and did — do."

People who surrender their former religious beliefs have got to be some of the smartest and bravest people in the world because they set out to find truth even while under the threat of "eternal damnations". George Carlin
The following 5 users Like Emerald's post:
  • Vixy, Thy Unveiling, Robert Baird, The Creeper, CrazyKenley

08-30-2015, 07:41 AM #2
CrazyKenley
Marshall
Nice find. This is the type of information I covet most.

"If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough." Albert Einstein
The following 1 user Likes CrazyKenley's post:
  • Vixy

08-30-2015, 10:44 AM #3
Robert Baird
Justiciar
No one will think it was bad to do info warfare on Qaddafi (duck).

They did a far more concerted coup d'etat using info warfare on Canada to get nukes on our soil.

The contentious part people might not agree with and might think the government will not allow, has to do with Casey as head of the CIA getting involved with disinforming the American public. Some idiots might even think the CIA does nothing domestic because the FBI is in charge or Homeland (DARPA and the all seeing occult eyes) etc.. I do think the person who says the success of government will occur (as Casey says) when all people believe their disinformation.

http://truthstreammedia.com/2015/01/13/c...-is-false/
This post was last modified: 08-30-2015, 10:45 AM by Robert Baird.
The following 1 user Likes Robert Baird's post:
  • The Creeper

08-31-2015, 06:36 AM #4
CrazyKenley
Marshall
I forgot to mention, I was talking with a close friend earlier today about the Virginia shooting, and he brought to my attention that the 2013 NDAA featured the authorization for the use of disinformation on US soil. It's amendment no. 114, section 208, paragraph B to be specific. After seeing you post this, I had to take a closer look at the entire scheme of things. My friend and I  had both agreed that since then, there has been a major increase in perceived hoaxes in the US. What I came to find is that it is indeed a major undertaking of the CIA to spread disinformation, not on foreign soil, but on our one in order to keep the American public in the dark to prevent backlash. A prime example of this was Robert MacNamara's trip to Russia in 1989, where both parties claimed total ignorance to the other's true intentions during the Cuban missile crisis in order to nudge the U.S. population towards accepting closer diplomatic relations with the USSR. They chalked it up as failure to communicate. Basically, they rewrote history. Apparently, the missiles that were in Cuba never actually had the warheads, and the number of Soviet troops on Cuban soil was exaggerated by four times in an effort to scare the public into backing political moves made by JFK as well. They obviously operate under total secrecy, and are the private instrument of the President of the United States. In that regard, the issue of "plausible deniability" comes into question, which is the act of the President claiming he was unaware of the CIA's activities in any given scandal, and the CIA accepting the full blame, in order to protect the President's credibility. Ultimately, I'm sure that's a tactic they devised after Watergate, maybe sooner?

"If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough." Albert Einstein
The following 1 user Likes CrazyKenley's post:
  • Thy Unveiling

09-03-2015, 05:59 AM #5
Emerald
Chaplain
Article is 2 years old, but it is worth reading:

http://www.salon.com/2013/02/28/is_holly...a_partner/

"AT A TIME WHEN THE CIA is still hiding the details of its extrajuridical drone strike assassination program from congressional watchdogs and the media, one would think it an awkward moment for Hollywood to confer Academy Awards on films that celebrate its secret agents."

People who surrender their former religious beliefs have got to be some of the smartest and bravest people in the world because they set out to find truth even while under the threat of "eternal damnations". George Carlin
The following 2 users Like Emerald's post:
  • CrazyKenley, Thy Unveiling