#Login Register
The Vigilant Citizen Forums
What Jesus said

08-28-2015, 02:04 PM #1
khadeejah
Chaplain
Hi All -

I am kindly requesting Christians to reply this thread with Jesus' sayings (from the Gospel accounts) that support the Christian belief that he is God and son of God who was put to death for the sins and salvation of mankind.

The thread is for information purposes only and your replies will not be debated or questioned.

Spektrall and Lisa provided the following:

Spektrall Wrote:Matt 26:1 And it came to pass, when Jesus had finished all these sayings, he said unto his disciples,
Matt 26:2 Ye know that after two days is the feast of the passover, and the Son of man is betrayed to be crucified.

Matt 27:33 And when they were come unto a place called Golgotha, that is to say, a place of a skull,
Matt 27:34 They gave him vinegar to drink mingled with gall: and when he had tasted thereof, he would not drink.
Matt 27:35 And they crucified him, and parted his garments, casting lots: that it might be fulfilled which was spoken by the prophet, They parted my garments among them, and upon my vesture did they cast lots.

Mark 15:25 And it was the third hour, and they crucified him.

Luke 24:1 Now upon the first day of the week, very early in the morning, they came unto the sepulchre, bringing the spices which they had prepared, and certain others with them.
Luke 24:2 And they found the stone rolled away from the sepulchre.
Luke 24:3 And they entered in, and found not the body of the Lord Jesus.
Luke 24:4 And it came to pass, as they were much perplexed thereabout, behold, two men stood by them in shining garments:
Luke 24:5 And as they were afraid, and bowed down their faces to the earth, they said unto them, Why seek ye the living among the dead?
Luke 24:6 He is not here, but is risen: remember how he spake unto you when he was yet in Galilee,
Luke 24:7 Saying, The Son of man must be delivered into the hands of sinful men, and be crucified, and the third day rise again.

Matt 26:26 And as they were eating, Jesus took bread, and blessed it, and brake it, and gave it to the disciples, and said, Take, eat; this is my body.
Matt 26:27 And he took the cup, and gave thanks, and gave it to them, saying, Drink ye all of it;
Matt 26:28 For this is my blood of the new testament, which is shed for many for the remission of sins

Khadeejah attempting to confirm with Lisa but still unconfirmed Wrote:This verse:  Whoever does the will of My Father is My brother, sister and mother.  applies to Christians because they believe that doing God's Will means believing that Jesus died for your sins and he will save you by his grace.

And this verse: Jesus said to him "I am the way, the truth and the life; no one comes to the Father but through me." means that Jesus wants everyone to repent and be saved through the shedding of his blood.

Thank you in advance for your honest and thoughtful replies.

The following 3 users Like khadeejah's post:
  • That1kid, Tarikko, Alice

08-28-2015, 03:13 PM #2
Alice
Marshall
I apologize that I'm not Christian but I just feel like adding, the belief in Prophets is integral to be accepted by God, just as it is with accepting Prophet Muhammad s.a.w. to affirm our faith. I think this is precisely what Isa a.s must have meant those times he preached to people to accept him and receive the kingdom (and that was to accept him as a Prophet/Messiah)... it's just been mistranslated/misinterpreted... just been thinking about this for a while, sorry if it's something that may be obvious..

You are the best nation raised for mankind. You enjoin the good and forbid the evil and you believe in Allah. Had the People of the Book (Jews and Christians) believed, it would have been better for them. From them there are believers but the majority of them are disobedient. [Holy Qur'an 3:110]
The following 2 users Like Alice's post:
  • celle76, Tarikko

08-28-2015, 04:14 PM #3
sPEktrall
Chaplain
Christ asked his disciples who he was and Peter testified that he was the son of God.  If you read this passage then its clear by Jesus response that he affirmed this.

Matt 16:14 And they said, Some say that thou art John the Baptist: some, Elias; and others, Jeremias, or one of the prophets.
Matt 16:15 He saith unto them, But whom say ye that I am?
Matt 16:16 And Simon Peter answered and said, Thou art the Christ, the Son of the living God.
Matt 16:17 And Jesus answered and said unto him, Blessed art thou, Simon Barjona: for flesh and blood hath not revealed it unto thee, but my Father which is in heaven.

Even the demons know Christ is the son of God.  

Luke 4:40 Now when the sun was setting, all they that had any sick with divers diseases brought them unto him; and he laid his hands on every one of them, and healed them.
Luke 4:41 And devils also came out of many, crying out, and saying, Thou art Christ the Son of God. And he rebuking them suffered them not to speak: for they knew that he was Christ.

Matt 8:28 And when he was come to the other side into the country of the Gergesenes, there met him two possessed with devils, coming out of the tombs, exceeding fierce, so that no man might pass by that way.
Matt 8:29 And, behold, they cried out, saying, What have we to do with thee, Jesus, thou Son of God? art thou come hither to torment us before the time?

Christ affirms he is the son of God when the high priest asked him.

Matt 26:63 But Jesus held his peace. And the high priest answered and said unto him, I adjure thee by the living God, that thou tell us whether thou be the Christ, the Son of God.
Matt 26:64 Jesus saith unto him, Thou hast said: nevertheless I say unto you, Hereafter shall ye see the Son of man sitting on the right hand of power, and coming in the clouds of heaven.

Matt 27:41  Likewise also the chief priests mocking him, with the scribes and elders, said,
Matt 27:42 He saved others; himself he cannot save. If he be the King of Israel, let him now come down from the cross, and we will believe him.
Matt 27:43 He trusted in God; let him deliver him now, if he will have him: for he said, I am the Son of God.

Jesus claims to be the son of God.

John 3:18 He that believeth on him is not condemned: but he that believeth not is condemned already, because he hath not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God.

John 9:35 Jesus heard that they had cast him out; and when he had found him, he said unto him, Dost thou believe on the Son of God?
John 9:36 He answered and said, Who is he, Lord, that I might believe on him?
John 9:37 And Jesus said unto him, Thou hast both seen him, and it is he that talketh with thee.

John 10:36 Say ye of him, whom the Father hath sanctified, and sent into the world, Thou blasphemest; because I said, I am the Son of God?

Prov 15:7 The lips of the wise disperse knowledge: but the heart of the foolish doeth not so.
The following 5 users Like sPEktrall's post:
  • Gorilla, Vytas, Todd, Thunderian, meltbanana

08-28-2015, 04:16 PM #4
meltbanana
Chaplain
great post spektrall, thank you.
The following 1 user Likes meltbanana's post:
  • sPEktrall

08-28-2015, 04:18 PM #5
sPEktrall
Chaplain
(08-28-2015, 04:16 PM)meltbanana Wrote:  great post spektrall, thank you.

Of course.  Smile

Prov 15:7 The lips of the wise disperse knowledge: but the heart of the foolish doeth not so.
The following 1 user Likes sPEktrall's post:
  • meltbanana

08-28-2015, 10:35 PM #6
khadeejah
Chaplain
(08-28-2015, 04:14 PM)sPEktrall Wrote:  Christ asked his disciples who he was and Peter testified that he was the son of God.  If you read this passage then its clear by Jesus response that he affirmed this.
----truncated for brevity-----
Thank you Spektrall for providing those verses.  I had asked for words from Jesus and most of your verses were what others said about him (Peter, devils, high priest and those that wanted to murder him) - but that's okay these quotes are sufficient.

Can anyone  (Spek?Todd? Melt? Vytas? Thunderian?) confirm that what Lisa said regarding Christian belief is correct?

Quote:This verse:  Whoever does the will of My Father is My brother, sister and mother.  applies to Christians because they believe that doing God's Will means believing that Jesus died for your sins and he will save you by his grace.

And this verse: Jesus said to him "I am the way, the truth and the life; no one comes to the Father but through me." means that Jesus wants everyone to repent and be saved through the shedding of his blood.

The following 1 user Likes khadeejah's post:
  • Scimitar

08-28-2015, 10:48 PM #7
sPEktrall
Chaplain
(08-28-2015, 10:35 PM)khadeejah Wrote:  
(08-28-2015, 04:14 PM)sPEktrall Wrote:  Christ asked his disciples who he was and Peter testified that he was the son of God.  If you read this passage then its clear by Jesus response that he affirmed this.
Thank you Spektrall for providing those verses.  I had asked for words from Jesus and most of your verses were what others said about him (Peter, devils, high priest and those that wanted to murder him) - but that's okay these quotes are sufficient.

Can anyone  (Spek?Todd? Melt? Vytas? Thunderian?) confirm that what Lisa said regarding Christian belief is correct?

Quote:This verse:  Whoever does the will of My Father is My brother, sister and mother.  applies to Christians because they believe that doing God's Will means believing that Jesus died for your sins and he will save you by his grace.

Did you miss those passages where Jesus said he was the son of God in his own words?  They are rather obvious so why deny them?   

To be in relationship with Christ one first has to believe he is the son of God and that he paid the penalty for your sin.  They have to believe what the Bible says about him.  

John 7:38-39Authorized (King James) Version (AKJV)
38 He that believeth on me, as the scripture hath said, out of his belly shall flow rivers of living water. 39 (But this spake he of the Spirit, which they that believe on him should receive: for the Holy Ghost was not yet given; because that Jesus was not yet glorified.)

Romans 8:9Authorized (King James) Version (AKJV)

But ye are not in the flesh, but in the Spirit, if so be that the Spirit of God dwell in you. Now if any man have not the Spirit of Christ, he is none of his.

The spirit of Christ bears witness to the human heart that Christ is the son of God, he(the holy ghost) will always bear witness to Jesus and affirm the words of God as recorded in the Bible(John 15:26).  

This post was last modified: 08-28-2015, 10:48 PM by sPEktrall.

The following 1 user Likes sPEktrall's post:
  • Vytas

08-28-2015, 11:05 PM #8
Vytas
Justiciar
(08-28-2015, 10:48 PM)sPEktrall Wrote:  
(08-28-2015, 10:35 PM)khadeejah Wrote:  

Did you miss those passages where Jesus said he was the son of God in his own words?  They are rather obvious so why deny them?   

To be in relationship with Christ one first has to believe he is the son of God and that he paid the penalty for your sin.  They have to believe what the Bible says about him.  

38 He that believeth on me, as the scripture hath said, out of his belly shall flow rivers of living water. 39 (But this spake he of the Spirit, which they that believe on him should receive: for the Holy Ghost was not yet given; because that Jesus was not yet glorified.)

But ye are not in the flesh, but in the Spirit, if so be that the Spirit of God dwell in you. Now if any man have not the Spirit of Christ, he is none of his.

The spirit of Christ bears witness to the human heart that Christ is the son of God, he(the holy ghost) will always bear witness to Jesus and affirm the words of God as recorded in the Bible(John 15:26).  

Also i might add
John 6:40: For this is the will of my Father, that everyone who looks on the Son and believes in him should have eternal life, and I will raise him up on the last day.

Truth is precious it's guarded by God
The following 1 user Likes Vytas's post:
  • sPEktrall

08-28-2015, 11:33 PM #9
khadeejah
Chaplain
(08-28-2015, 10:48 PM)sPEktrall Wrote:  Did you miss those passages where Jesus said he was the son of God in his own words?  They are rather obvious so why deny them?  

Cool it with the accusations Spektrall -  I didn't deny them,   I said most not all as in: 
Quote:  I had asked for words from Jesus and most of your verses were what others said about him (Peter, devils, high priest and those that wanted to murder him) - but that's okay these quotes are sufficient

I read the John verses too.   I know all the verses SPektrall -  I just wanted to have it confirmed from you which ones you take in support of your belief that:

Quote:To be in relationship with Christ one first has to believe he is the son of God and that he paid the penalty for your sin.  They have to believe what the Bible says about him.  

When you say  "spirit of Christ"  are you talking about third person of the Trinity or the one that is mentioned in Matt 27:50?    On second thought, never mind, no need to reply, you have provided enough information regarding Christian belief.  Thanks for your time.
This post was last modified: 08-28-2015, 11:35 PM by khadeejah.

08-28-2015, 11:45 PM #10
sPEktrall
Chaplain
(08-28-2015, 11:33 PM)khadeejah Wrote:  
(08-28-2015, 10:48 PM)sPEktrall Wrote:  Did you miss those passages where Jesus said he was the son of God in his own words?  They are rather obvious so why deny them?  

Cool it with the accusations Spektrall -  I didn't deny them,   I said most not all as in: 
Quote:  I had asked for words from Jesus and most of your verses were what others said about him (Peter, devils, high priest and those that wanted to murder him) - but that's okay these quotes are sufficient

I read the John verses too.   I know all the verses SPektrall -  I just wanted to have it confirmed from you which ones you take in support of your belief that:

Quote:To be in relationship with Christ one first has to believe he is the son of God and that he paid the penalty for your sin.  They have to believe what the Bible says about him.  

When you say  "spirit of Christ"  are you talking about third person of the Trinity or the one that is mentioned in Matt 27:50?    On second thought, never mind, no need to reply, you have provided enough information regarding Christian belief.  Thanks for your time.

The spirit of Christ is the holy spirit a.k.a holy ghost.   Gods seed.