#Login Register
The Vigilant Citizen Forums
A few things about yourself

08-28-2015, 09:03 AM #1
Todd
Chaplain
Hey all, I know we have an introduction thread already, but I find that as I interact more with everyone on the forum, I tend to create this mental image of what everyone is like, that most likely is not accurate at all.  We may know each others political, religious and philosophical views, but that is only a small part of who we all really are.

While I do sometimes create a mental picture of what I think the person might look like that's not really what I am after here.  I'm looking for those who care to participate, to shed some light on who you are and what you are like.  It can be anything from what you do for a living, family status, hobbies, talents, how old you are (that's big one in forming mental images and probably one that I get wrong a lot)....Things that nobody on the board would know from reading posts on this forum.

I'm 45 years old, married, manufacturing engineer.
4 step children, the last one just graduated from college (yes my wife is 8 years older than me)
A two year old grand daughter, that I can't get enough of.
I race motorcycles (yes that is actually me in my avatar picture)
I'm also a self taught musician, who likes to write music and dabble with recording at home.

Who's next?

Then shall the king say to those on his right hand, Come ye, the blessed of my Father, inherit the reign that hath been prepared for you from the foundation of the world;

And the king answering, shall say to them, Verily I say to you, Inasmuch as ye did to one of these my brethren -- the least -- to me ye did

08-28-2015, 09:13 AM #2
meltbanana
Chaplain
what kind of music and have you uploaded anything like on YouTube or soundcloud?
The following 2 users Like meltbanana's post:
  • slave_of_God, The Creeper

08-28-2015, 10:05 AM #3
X-Maverick
Marshall
Okay, I guess i'm next. Blush 

Despite how you may think of me based on my posts, I can be a very quiet person in person, as I am quite introverted. If the right topic comes along though, I can keep a conversation. I am 29 years old, but look younger for the most part.

I love video games, cooking, writing fiction, and dancing. I like more, but those are what immediately come to mind. In some of my free time, I post on gamefaqs to bring awareness to the rampant anti-consumer practices of Sony. Arguing about video games (and with Sony Ponies AKA Hoof Clickers) is a nice change of pace from the conspiracies.

It is quite odd that as passionate as I am when it comes to my hobbies, I never talk about them here.

Maybe as an extra bonus for this topic, would anyone like to reply to someone and tell them how you imagined them to be before they posted in this topic? That could be interesting lol.
This post was last modified: 08-28-2015, 10:12 AM by X-Maverick.

Formerly JudgementEden on the old VC Forums.
The following 5 users Like X-Maverick's post:
  • slave_of_God, The Creeper, anne, Todd, Briandao

08-28-2015, 10:09 AM #4
Todd
Chaplain
(08-28-2015, 09:13 AM)meltbanana Wrote:  what kind of music and have you uploaded anything like on YouTube or soundcloud?

Haven't really done much new stuff in a while.  A few years ago I uploaded some of my older stuff on soundclick.
It's contemporary christian/ praise and worship.  

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/default....dID=425579

Then shall the king say to those on his right hand, Come ye, the blessed of my Father, inherit the reign that hath been prepared for you from the foundation of the world;

And the king answering, shall say to them, Verily I say to you, Inasmuch as ye did to one of these my brethren -- the least -- to me ye did
The following 4 users Like Todd's post:
  • slave_of_God, DesertRose1, Tarikko, The Creeper

08-28-2015, 10:16 AM #5
Todd
Chaplain
(08-28-2015, 10:05 AM)X-Maverick Wrote:  Okay, I guess i'm next. Blush 

Despite how you may think of me based on my posts, I can be a very quiet person in person, as I am quite introverted. If the right topic comes along though, I can keep a conversation. I am 29 years old, but look younger for the most part.

I love video games, cooking, writing fiction, and dancing. I like more, but those are what immediately come to mind. Maybe we should have a topic where we compare recipes. That would be fun.

It is quite odd that as passionate as I am when it comes to my hobbies, I never talk about them here.

Maybe as an extra bonus for this topic, would anyone like to reply to someone and tell them how you imagined them to be before they posted in this topic? That could be interesting lol.

I was close on the age and the video games doesn't surprise me.  I probably would have never guessed the cooking thing.  For some reason I pictured you with a tattoo and maybe a nose or lip piercing (nothing outrageous).  I have no idea why....am I totally off on that?  

What kind of fiction do you write?

• slave_of_God, Tarikko, The Creeper, X-Maverick

08-28-2015, 10:21 AM #6
X-Maverick
Marshall
(08-28-2015, 10:16 AM)Todd Wrote:  
(08-28-2015, 10:05 AM)X-Maverick Wrote:  Okay, I guess i'm next. Blush 

I love video games, cooking, writing fiction, and dancing. I like more, but those are what immediately come to mind. Maybe we should have a topic where we compare recipes. That would be fun.

I was close on the age and the video games doesn't surprise me.  I probably would have never guessed the cooking thing.  For some reason I pictured you with a tattoo and maybe a nose or lip piercing (nothing outrageous).  I have no idea why....am I totally off on that?  

What kind of fiction do you write?

Oh, it looks as if I edited my post (to include those damned Hoof Clickers) after you quoted me.

Oh yeah, I love cooking. I can have conversations about that alone; and I have. I know how to pan fry/grill steaks, I know how to make many desserts (i.e. Pumpkin, Lemon Meringue, Jumble Berry Pies; Fruit Cobbler etc) and I love making Chicken Alfredo with pasta made from scratch. Oh, and Cool Whip is a sin.

My favorite food to experiment with though, is Asian. I will spend quite a lot of money on Asian food alone.

Lol! Yeah, totally off. I would never get a tattoo to save my life. And piercings aren't for me. I'm probably much more clean cut than you imagined. Tongue

The following 2 users Like X-Maverick's post:

08-28-2015, 10:23 AM #7
meltbanana
Chaplain
(08-28-2015, 10:09 AM)Todd Wrote:  
(08-28-2015, 09:13 AM)meltbanana Wrote:  what kind of music and have you uploaded anything like on YouTube or soundcloud?

Haven't really done much new stuff in a while.  A few years ago I uploaded some of my older stuff on soundclick.

thank you for the link. unfortunately not my type of music genre/style though so I can't really comment. I'm more of a distorted metal type guitar kind of a guy. and here is where my knowledge of the Bible 'got in my way' - I've got so many new songs to record but unlike 'in the old days' when it's been pretty easy I just can't seem to come up with any new lyrics because by now they have to be 'biblically correct' or let's just say compatible at least. and christian speak is just not my thing I guess. to paint a picture my closest ones to being so at this moment would be 'world of poo' and 'just a lil' itsy bitsy bit (of gay pride)'. I could easily record them right now but I assume you get the idea of those lyrics still not being so uhm nice.
The following 3 users Like meltbanana's post:
  • slave_of_God, The Creeper, Thy Unveiling

08-28-2015, 10:39 AM #8
Todd
Chaplain
(08-28-2015, 10:21 AM)X-Maverick Wrote:  Lol! Yeah, totally off. I would never get a tattoo to save my life. And piercings aren't for me. I'm probably much more clean cut than you imagined. Tongue

Big Grin well I can re-adjust my mental image of you then!  Though I will add I never implied I didn't picture you as clean cut.  My kids all have tattoos and piercings, but I think they are tasteful and appropriate and that's how I pictured you.

• slave_of_God, Tarikko, The Creeper, X-Maverick

08-28-2015, 10:45 AM #9
Todd
Chaplain
(08-28-2015, 10:23 AM)meltbanana Wrote:  
(08-28-2015, 10:09 AM)Todd Wrote:  

thank you for the link. unfortunately not my type of music genre/style though so I can't really comment. I'm more of a distorted metal type guitar kind of a guy. and here is where my knowledge of the Bible 'got in my way' - I've got so many new songs to record but unlike 'in the old days' when it's been pretty easy I just can't seem to come up with any new lyrics because by now they have to be 'biblically correct' or let's just say compatible at least. and christian speak is just not my thing I guess. to paint a picture my closest ones to being so at this moment would be 'world of poo' and 'just a lil' itsy bitsy bit (of gay pride)'. I could easily record them right now but I assume you get the idea of those lyrics still not being so uhm nice.

Hey to each his own.  I like a little metal guitar now and then myself, I just can't play it on a piano Big Grin  
As far as the lyrics, don't be concerned about Christian speak.  As long as the lyrics are faithful to who you are, the language you use to convey shouldn't matter.

The following 3 users Like Todd's post:
  • slave_of_God, Tarikko, meltbanana

08-28-2015, 10:50 AM #10
X-Maverick
Marshall
(08-28-2015, 10:39 AM)Todd Wrote:  
(08-28-2015, 10:21 AM)X-Maverick Wrote:  Lol! Yeah, totally off. I would never get a tattoo to save my life. And piercings aren't for me. I'm probably much more clean cut than you imagined. Tongue

Big Grin well I can re-adjust my mental image of you then!  Though I will add I never implied I didn't picture you as clean cut.  My kids all have tattoos and piercings, but I think they are tasteful and appropriate and that's how I pictured you.

Wow, that's quite the compliment. Yeah, I guess I need to reevaluate how I view tattoos and piercings. Tongue

The following 2 users Like X-Maverick's post: