#Login Register
The Vigilant Citizen Forums

My Dinner with Andre

08-25-2015, 04:05 PM #1
Excerpt from the film "My Dinner with Andre" (1981) curiously enough. This guy is on point. He describes the degradation of the Human from his authentic self, current mass culture, and the transformation that is occurring.

"We check and repress the divinity that stirs within us, to fall down and worship the divinity that is dead without us."
--  Henry David Thoreau, 1851

My Site: www.intelligentinfinity.net

The following 2 users Like Hex's post:
  • SheWatches, Robert Baird

08-25-2015, 04:14 PM #2
Robert Baird
An excellent movie. I spread this around often.

You asked to be pointed to my book - there are many - these are most of them some are no longer available but can be seen at Amazon. A woman I was funding a business to distribute got the idea I should marry her - I never even kissed her. So those seven books languish and whatever revenue stays with Ingram or Amazon.

The following 2 users Like Robert Baird's post:
  • SheWatches, Hex

08-25-2015, 04:21 PM #3

BEST part of the movie.

How do they get the "m" on the M&M?

08-25-2015, 04:29 PM #4
Cool   I like how Wallace Shawn plays the 'average joe' viewpoint to Louis Malle's spiritually seeking character.
Shawn essentially says, "I like my life the way it is.  What's the point of meditation where one is just 'being?'
What's the point of just standing still and just - existing?  I like my toast in the morning, my coffee, reading the
daily newspaper, & talking to my wife, etc etc..."

How do they get the "m" on the M&M?
The following 1 user Likes SheWatches's post:
  • Hex

08-25-2015, 05:20 PM #5
Community did a great parody of this:

The full parody which comes before this clip is brilliant, nearly a word for word adaptation to the show.

“Life is neither good or evil, but only a place for good and evil.”
Marcus Aurelius

"In my opinion, there is a more scientific approach we can take to all hot-button issues. We do this when we stop demonizing the opposing viewpoints or victimizing ourselves, and we acknowledge and account for our own biases and emotions to the best of our ability."
--- Elliott C. Morgan
The following 2 users Like Loki's post:
  • Hex, SheWatches