#Login Register
The Vigilant Citizen Forums
Normalizing incest

08-25-2015, 02:18 AM #1
Thy Unveiling
Chaplain
So today someone shared on Facebook this brief (presumably from a magazine) article about a mother/daughter lesbian relationship. They justify it as okay because they're not father/daughter therefore don't have to worry about creating any deformed babies. "We're not hurting anyone." The mother says their attraction started when the daughter was 16, but they waited until she turned 18. Because that makes it perfectly fine, don'cha know.

It reminded me of this thing I saw on the news a few years back about a girl who'd been adopted at a young age. As an adult she found and met her biological father. They tried to fight off the attraction, but eventually ended up in a romantic involvement with eachother. She explained that since she didn't grow up with him as her dad, it was hard to see him as such. (I see the logic. Can't say I agree with them Doing eachother though. Also, how do you explain the mother/daughter who have been with eachother since conception?)

Seems to me with this stuff making the news etc that they're trying to normalize incest. Then again, i suppose in royal families they've been doing it for centuries, though to my understanding they left it simply as marriage only on paper back in ancient Egypt. Though I probably shouldn't use Anne Rice novels as the basis for my knowledge on history. However p***philia also appears to have been "normal" way back when as well, according to the "histories" of some of the vampires, talking very matter-of-fact regarding acts with young boys...and there is that saying about history repeating itself.
The following 4 users Like Thy Unveiling's post:
  • Trenton, Tarikko, The Creeper, Annonymous Damsel

08-25-2015, 03:43 AM #2
CrazyKenley
Marshall
Wow man, I had to mix another drink and do some serious reading for this one. Here goes:

The first thing that came to mind was my high school biology teacher. He had told my class that the immune system plays a role in preventing incest in humans, and I found nothing on the internet to support that. I'll have to say that I'm surprised, he is a very very smart man. What I did find was the Westermarck effect. 

That being said, normalization of incest bodes well with a depopulation agenda, as it produces children with serious genetic pitfalls averaging over 40%. One author I referenced cited the purebred german shepherd, which has a tendency to develop hip dysplasia. I myself raised purebred shepherds my mother bought, and when the copulated we had a litter of 11. Only 3 survived, and as far as I know one of them had serious issues. Variety tends to produce better offspring. All and all, its just wrong in the opinions of many. Call me crazy on this one, but the best MK Ultra candidates are those that face abuse as children. Incest can host a slew of psychological problems leading to dissociation, the key to it all. This may be one of many ploys to create mass dissociation within the population as well.

The topic of incest in royal families is a great deterrent in my opinion. There is a slew of written history on the topic of deformed children in royal families, I'll let you and the readers find it all if you'd like. The idea was that in order to keep the power within the family, selective breeding within designated gene pools would guarantee that royal offspring would continue to produce the most intelligent beings, and also keep the riches of the family within the family. 

It really doesn't make any sense to me to be honest. I hope in some way this contributes.

"If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough." Albert Einstein
The following 5 users Like CrazyKenley's post:
  • pizza, That1kid, The Creeper, umphreak, Thy Unveiling

08-25-2015, 03:53 AM #3
SheWatches
Justiciar

How do they get the "m" on the M&M?

08-25-2015, 04:54 AM #4
Vytas
Justiciar
They waited until she turns 18 and only then decided to become perverts? Right...I am pretty sure she was molested as a child.
And all those stories appealing to feelings..."Please feel compassion, if you disagree at least do it silently, don't hurt them, they have a right to love and be loved too"...If its not up to you to judge, it will be norm soon enough...
This post was last modified: 08-25-2015, 05:28 AM by Vytas.

Truth is precious it's guarded by God
The following 3 users Like Vytas's post:
  • Trenton, The Creeper, SheWatches

08-25-2015, 05:02 AM #5
CrazyKenley
Marshall
(08-25-2015, 04:54 AM)Vytas Wrote:  And all those stories appealing to feelings...Please feel compassion, if you disagree at least do it silently, don't hurt them, they have a right to love and be loved too...If its not up to you to judge, it will be norm soon enough...
Goebbels would be proud.

"If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough." Albert Einstein

08-25-2015, 05:21 AM #6
Thy Unveiling
Chaplain
(08-25-2015, 04:54 AM)Vytas Wrote:  They waited until she turns 18 and only then decided to become perverts? Right...I am pretty sure she was molested as a child.
And all those stories appealing to feelings...Please feel compassion, if you disagree at least do it silently, don't hurt them, they have a right to love and be loved too...If its not up to you to judge, it will be norm soon enough...

Everybody deserves love, I agree. I just wonder how legit the one is with the mother/daughter. I suspect the girl was molested also, but that she has some type of Stockholm Syndrome or whatever its called. I worry that girl is going to have serious lifelong issues. She probably already does. Not trying to be judgmental or mean. Honestly, that situation is messed up therefore its going to mess her up. The mother must have issues as well. Surely they suffer enough ostracism and condemnation that they don't need me joining the mob, but seriously now! We can make it sound sympathetic and call them brave, but its still putting lipstick on a pig

I agree its not my call to judge, though I don't think its something to accept as inevitably normal. I'm not saying that lashing out at you. I should probably get some sleep. I can't word myself proper right now. Idky anyone would want to f*ck their parents or vice versa though. The adopted girl is kind of a grey area as they didn't really know eachother but anyway.
The following 2 users Like Thy Unveiling's post:
  • Trenton, The Creeper

08-25-2015, 05:39 AM #7
Vytas
Justiciar
Unveiling you understood my opinion wrongly(perhaps this have something to do with my broken english), im in now way "pro incest". Its not love, they call it love but it isn't...And sure they got quite nice "purse of gold" for coming out...Think it through, do you really think they are in such a dire need of public acceptance? It's just media campaign, it happens in countries which are ready for it...Insensitive and apathetic enough that is...
This post was last modified: 08-25-2015, 05:41 AM by Vytas.

Truth is precious it's guarded by God
The following 2 users Like Vytas's post:
  • Thy Unveiling, The Creeper

08-25-2015, 09:59 AM #8
Loki
Chaplain
I also heard somewhere in the past that there are hormones produced by infants/toddlers that immunize their direct relatives who are around them constantly as they grow up from being sexually attracted to them. I've never actually seen the science backing this up though. It's clear though that in the majority of cases we aren't attracted to our parents or siblings and vice versa, however, it's not at all unheard of to be attracted to cousins that you don't often see.

My only explanation for being attracted to family is that our genes are attracted to certain types on some level. Like they say, you grow up to marry your mother/father. Some are more inclined to it than others for sure, but I think that many people on some level are attracted to features that their parents were attracted to in each other and they also possess features from both of their parents. So it stands to reason that if whatever is supposed to prevent us from being attracted to our relatives didn't occur for some reason then a mother might be attracted to her son who reminds her so much of his father, or in this case a daughter who maybe reminds her of her dead husband (is he dead or are they divorced?). Or as in that other situation (which I remember as well) where the father and daughter are later reunited and attracted to each other, it makes perfect sense really because she probably reminds him of a younger version of the woman he fell in love with 20 years ago and she strikes him as the type of man she is biologically wired to pair with because her mother chose him before her and part of her is much like him. That all said, the relationship there is more dangerous because of the possibility or procreation and passing down recessive genes that could harm the baby. But as crazy as it sounds it doesn't seem that crazy when you really think about it.

I don't think incest can really be normalized though because of that unknown effect that takes place between child and family that repels them from one another sexually. Incest only seems to occur as an error in the natural way of things rather than a normal behavior we are all susceptible to.

“Life is neither good or evil, but only a place for good and evil.”
Marcus Aurelius

"In my opinion, there is a more scientific approach we can take to all hot-button issues. We do this when we stop demonizing the opposing viewpoints or victimizing ourselves, and we acknowledge and account for our own biases and emotions to the best of our ability."
--- Elliott C. Morgan
The following 2 users Like Loki's post:
  • Vytas, The Creeper

08-25-2015, 07:21 PM #9
Thy Unveiling
Chaplain
Vytas, reading your first reply again and not being overtired, I realize now you were being sarcastic and using "quotation marks" to emphasize. I must not have caught it in the wee hours of the morning, therefore I misunderstood. It was not your English (your use of language is quite fine), it was me and my tired brain.

Loki, what you say makes perfect sense regarding the adopted girl/her biological father. I hadn't thought of it from that perspective. I'd also never heard of those hormones before. They must be missing in my family. We have a lot of dark, twisted roots. Probably explains why so many of my aunts and uncles are screwed up. There's a reason we're not very close. Several reasons, actually. This being one of them.
This post was last modified: 08-25-2015, 07:23 PM by Thy Unveiling.
The following 2 users Like Thy Unveiling's post:
  • Vytas, The Creeper

08-26-2015, 01:25 PM #10
The Creeper
Chaplain
Anyone who has sex with their own children has got to be sick in the head. Just because the kids in these examples are actually grown up and it is no longer p***philia doesn't make it right. I remember hearing a story about a brother and sister who were adopted out at a young age, they hooked up later in life and then discovered they were brother and sister. I bet that was a bit of a minduck for them.

What is everyones take on cousins?

They are not as closely related as imediate family members but it still seems dodgey to me and it is not as frowned upon by society as the other examples in this thread.

On a similar kind of note my dog is inbred, his grandfather on one side is his great grandfather on the other side, I reckon thats why he has hip displacia. Mongrels/mutts are always healthier and tend to live longer.

A fool thinks himself to be wise, but a wise man knows himself to be a fool – William Shakespear
The following 3 users Like The Creeper's post:
  • Lotte, Vytas, Thy Unveiling