#Login Register
The Vigilant Citizen Forums
The role veterans play in tomorrow's society

08-18-2015, 03:10 PM #1
CrazyKenley
Marshall
Earlier today I posted this:

http://vigilantcitizen.com/forums/Thread...ough-media

It lead to a conversation about veterans. I'll spare the details, and cut to the chase: What role should veterans play in shaping our world as we, VC patrons, see it? As discussed, many veterans are prescribed psychotropic drugs upon return from combat zones. That I can assure you from watching it happen daily. "Disgruntled veterans" are also listed as threats to national security as per the Department of Homeland Security. Why? Soldiers, from day 0, are constantly indoctrinated with leadership skills and combat skills. They are tested day after day in these skills, and pushed to their very limits as human beings. My opinion on the matter is that they are suppressing those skills and viewpoints as much as they can. We now have any entity named the "Oath Keepers", formed from current and former troops and police officers that act as a militia. Their recent acts in Ferguson worried me from the start that they would rub the local population the wrong way, and most would agree they have. Here's a link for more details:

http://chrishernandezauthor.com/2015/08/...-st-worse/

Some veterans are joining Christian militias that are currently engaged in combat in Iraq with ISIS, which can be a discussion all in its own. 

Now, all of that being said, what is the role of the veteran in tomorrow's society as per VC?

08-19-2015, 02:06 PM #2
CrazyKenley
Marshall
Just bear in mind I'm not trying to incite some sort of Red Dawn conversation of glory you've got me all wrong. If you ask me, if there was more awareness to the true nature of war, and the motives behind it, people would wise up and just plain say no. There's a general discontent among soldiers thinking that those that haven't fought will never understand it, so most never speak of it. To others the memories are too painful to bring up. A few, and I mean a very few, actually speak out. They are usually overshadowed by Hollywood productions and video games that glamorize war, and we all know it.

08-19-2015, 06:14 PM #3
Thy Unveiling
Chaplain
Not ignoring your post, just got too many distractions to think about what I would reply. Somehow talking about the retired (at 48!) from the force fellow I met/wanted to hook my mom up with seems irrelevant to the conversation. He did make an interesting comment though.