#Login Register
The Vigilant Citizen Forums
Christians & Muslims,can you answer this?

08-18-2015, 02:39 AM #1
anne
Justiciar
As we all know,Islam & Xianity say that idolators will go to hell.But should they?I mean India has 100 crore hindus,and they are not bad people.I was an Hindu before & I never felt that me worshipping Hindu gods was a sin.Stupid,yes but sin,no.So how can a fair God put such innocent people in hell.I am a non-denominational Christian & I don't have this conflict bcoz I believe in reincarnation & I don't believe in eternal hell too.But all those orthodox Xtians & Muslims,what do you think about it?
The following 2 users Like anne's post:
  • The Creeper, Thy Unveiling

08-18-2015, 03:38 AM #2
Thy Unveiling
Chaplain
I have mixed views on the whole organized religion thing, so am not the best to answer your question when i have so many myself. All I know is God and the angels are real (sometimes they intervene and talk to me. More like a "thought" or voice in my head, but its not my conscience. This happens rarely. Once was to stop me from suicide a few years ago. More recently it was over me accidentally wearing a sweater I'd tried on and forgot to pay for. Seems rather trivial, a sweater.) I know demons are real. I've had one literally touch me once and lingered, enjoying my discomfort. To see with my eyes, there was nothing.

I often feel Heaven and Hell both exist on this Earth. Sometimes my life is hell. Other times my life is freakin awesome! Salt n Pepa had a song about the two being on this planet, also.

I believe in reincarnation. I believe a lot of things.

I know ghosts are real. I've seen them, I've lived with them, one was a cat. The cat must have died partway up the stairs, because it never made it all the way up. I'd always see it run halfway up the stairs then disappear. One ghost liked to adjust the furniture "just so"...even with us sitting on it!

Believe what you feel in your heart to be true. Just because some people say there is only one way does not make it so. Organized religion has been tampered by man to suit their own end. Follow blindly like a sheep? Our brains were not designed to NOT think and to NOT ask questions; pretty backwards thinking. But i'll cut that rant short.

I will say, though, Anne. I think people get offended when Christ gets replaced with an X. Its (unintended on your part) kinda disrespectful to Jesus to take his name out and put an X as if he's to be crossed out, or a slanted form of his cross. I doubt you meant it that way. Just had to say, is all.
This post was last modified: 08-18-2015, 03:45 AM by Thy Unveiling. Edit Reason: keyboard messing up
The following 2 users Like Thy Unveiling's post:
  • cookie, The Creeper

08-18-2015, 03:52 AM #3
anne
Justiciar
Actually the phone I am typing from shows word limit in posting a thread.So I was trying not to cross it.And in India we use short forms in typing..almost everything.
Anyways thanks for telling me :-)
I didn't know that.Btw why do they get offended,just curious.

08-18-2015, 04:05 AM #4
Thy Unveiling
Chaplain
Oh you have one of those phones! Ugh, my old one was like that.

Well, I can't speak for all (and I'm not really a Christian or anything) but its because its disrespectful. CHRISTianity and CHRISTmas were literally named after Him. So if you use the X is place of His name, you're literally taking the Christ out.

I've never really understood the X thing anyways, like when Christina Aguilera went Xtina. The letter X doesn't sound like Christ. It sounds like "Ex", so she became Ex-tina. It becomes Ex-mas, or Ex-ians. Like an ex-bf. So looking at it that way, it was probably originally a rather sinister move to take Christ out with an X. Although Christmas isn't really about Jesus anyway, the sentiment is rather nice.
The following 1 user Likes Thy Unveiling's post:
  • anne

08-18-2015, 07:17 AM #5
Axiom
Marshall
An idol is anything worshipped in place of God. The Apostle Paul says "Put to death therefore your members which are on the earth: sexual immorality, uncleanness, depraved passion, evil desire, and covetousness, which is idolatry" And likewise "Know this for sure, that no sexually immoral person, nor unclean person, nor covetous man, who is an idolater, has any inheritance in the Kingdom of Christ and God." It doesn't get much plainer than that. I will also say that reincarnation is a dangerous error and not compatible with the Christian scriptures, as the Epistle to the Hebrews states, "it is appointed for men to die once, and after this, judgment,"

08-18-2015, 07:43 AM #6
anne
Justiciar
Axiom,
I know this but is it fair of God to put millions of people on this planet who have never read a book,let alone the Bible in hell for believing in whatever Gods they do?

08-18-2015, 07:55 AM #7
FlixKandish
Chaplain
(08-18-2015, 04:05 AM)Thy Unveiling Wrote:  Oh you have one of those phones! Ugh, my old one was like that.

Well, I can't speak for all (and I'm not really a Christian or anything) but its because its disrespectful. CHRISTianity and CHRISTmas were literally named after Him. So if you use the X is place of His name, you're literally taking the Christ out.

I've never really understood the X thing anyways, like when Christina Aguilera went Xtina. The letter X doesn't sound like Christ. It sounds like "Ex", so she became Ex-tina. It becomes Ex-mas, or Ex-ians. Like an ex-bf. So looking at it that way, it was probably originally a rather sinister move to take Christ out with an X. Although Christmas isn't really about Jesus anyway, the sentiment is rather nice.
The X is the Greek letter for Christ.

08-18-2015, 08:01 AM #8
FlixKandish
Chaplain
Honestly, I think they added that part to the Bible or rather wrote it that way, because there was a lot of religious competition at the time. In order to get more people to convert and slowly change the world over to Christianity, it was needed to be forbidden for other gods to be worshipped.

Also, as a Christian, I never understood either why an all loving God will punish people for thought crimes. It is not like God makes himself easy to believe in, nor does he exactly have the best PR campaign. I didn't understand why people who seem so sweet and nice, deserve to burn in hell. It's always struck me as odd that the people who claim to have all of you and God are the ones who will stick their noses the highest up at people who are not like them. Perhaps they are reflection of the way their god it's supposed to be.
The following 4 users Like FlixKandish's post:
  • Thy Unveiling, Goku, Loki, anne

08-18-2015, 08:06 AM #9
anne
Justiciar
Flixkandish,you just summed me up.I think that part was added to maybe scare people into becomin christians & increasing no.But then again I don't take the Bible literally all the time & I don't think such people will go to hell.

08-18-2015, 08:14 AM #10
Todd
Chaplain
(08-18-2015, 08:01 AM)FlixKandish Wrote:  Honestly, I think they added that part to the Bible or rather wrote it that way, because there was a lot of religious competition at the time. In order to get more people to convert and slowly change the world over to Christianity, it was needed to be forbidden for other gods to be worshipped.

There are many Christians who agree with you and study the original greek words, to undercover the translation "errors".  When you remove the translation errors the scriptures clearly state that God will reconcile all people to himself in the ages to come.  No one will burn forever in Hell!

Then shall the king say to those on his right hand, Come ye, the blessed of my Father, inherit the reign that hath been prepared for you from the foundation of the world;

And the king answering, shall say to them, Verily I say to you, Inasmuch as ye did to one of these my brethren -- the least -- to me ye did
The following 2 users Like Todd's post:
  • Thy Unveiling, The Creeper