#Login Register
The Vigilant Citizen Forums
One Line Responses

08-14-2015, 12:52 PM #1
Kung Fu
Chaplain
Every forum I've been on there have been posters that only respond with a sentence, and then run off and repeat it again on either another thread or the same thread after letting several pages pass. Sure we all do it but some posters literally make it a career and never post more than a sentence or two in ANY thread.

These are usually signs of trolling, being willfully ignorant, and or poster being in simple terms, stupid.

I say this, because if you're not a troll, then why not comment accordingly and actually engage in a proper discussion with proper responses either answering questions and or refuting them with logical responses?

Prophet Muhammad (SallAllahu alaihi wasalam) said:

"My similitude and that of the life of this world is that of a traveler who took a rest at mid-day under a shade of a tree and then left it."       (Ahmad, at-Tirmidhi, Ibn Majah and al-Hakim)

The following 4 users Like Kung Fu's post:
  • Scimitar, Chief Commander, Thy Unveiling, Tarikko

08-14-2015, 01:13 PM #2
instinct
Knight
(08-14-2015, 12:52 PM)Kung Fu Wrote:  Every forum I've been on there have been posters that only respond with a sentence, and then run off and repeat it again on either another thread or the same thread after letting several pages pass. Sure we all do it but some posters literally make it a career and never post more than a sentence or two in ANY thread.

These are usually signs of trolling, being willfully ignorant,  and or poster being in simple terms, stupid.

I say this, because if you're not a troll, then why not comment accordingly and actually engage in a proper discussion with proper responses either answering questions and or refuting them with logical responses?

You are such a butt-hurt little pansy. I've posted plenty of paragraph size responses. Get a freaking life.
The following 3 users Like instinct's post:
  • xoa., Riddler, cameronjcw

08-14-2015, 01:14 PM #3
Kung Fu
Chaplain
(08-14-2015, 01:13 PM)instinct Wrote:  You are such a butt-hurt little pansy. I've posted plenty of paragraph size responses. Get a freaking life.

^Case and point.

"My similitude and that of the life of this world is that of a traveler who took a rest at mid-day under a shade of a tree and then left it."       (Ahmad, at-Tirmidhi, Ibn Majah and al-Hakim)

The following 3 users Like Kung Fu's post:
  • Scimitar, Chief Commander, Tarikko

08-14-2015, 01:16 PM #4
novam terram
Justiciar
I understand what you mean, but it doesn't bother me in the slightest. Those are the types of replies I prefer to disregard and then move along. I figure there's no point in even acknowledging them.

That said, short and to-the-point replies can be very effective. If you have a firm grasp on the idea you are attempting to communicate, it should be easy for you to explain in very few words. Why not keep it as simple and easy to understand as possible? It sure beats the extra long-winded walls of text that don't accomplish anything except repeating the same ideas ad nauseam in 100 different ways. More words does not necessarily = more actual content. More than once here I've found myself scrolling past a long post (especially on a mobile device w touch screen) and wondering if I'll ever get to the end or if I should just give up on it. lol
This post was last modified: 08-14-2015, 01:19 PM by novam terram.
The following 5 users Like novam terram's post:
  • SheWatches, Thy Unveiling, cameronjcw, FlixKandish, Yahda

08-14-2015, 01:26 PM #5
instinct
Knight
(08-14-2015, 01:16 PM)novam terram Wrote:  I understand what you mean, but it doesn't bother me in the slightest. Those are the types of replies I prefer to disregard and then move along. I figure there's no point in even acknowledging them.

That said, short and to-the-point replies can be very effective. If you have a firm grasp on the idea you are attempting to communicate, it should be easy for you to explain in very few words. Why not keep it as simple and easy to understand as possible? It sure beats the extra long-winded walls of text that don't accomplish anything except repeating the same ideas ad nauseam in 100 different ways. More words does not necessarily = more actual content. More than once here I've found myself scrolling past a long post (especially on a mobile device w touch screen) and wondering if I'll ever get to the end or if I should just give up on it. lol

Thank you, Kung Fu doesn't seem to grasp that not everyone wants to read through 5 paragraphs just to get to their point. And when I need to take the time to write out a longer reply, I will.

Seriously, get off your high horse.
The following 2 users Like instinct's post:
  • Riddler, cameronjcw

08-14-2015, 01:29 PM #6
Kung Fu
Chaplain
(08-14-2015, 01:16 PM)novam terram Wrote:  I understand what you mean, but it doesn't bother me in the slightest. Those are the types of replies I prefer to disregard and then move along. I figure there's no point in even acknowledging them.

I've told myself I'm just going to ignore all those posts as well so here's for hoping.

Also I do agree with you that there are posters who type a whole lot and again aren't really saying anything of great importance. They could've actually summed up paragraphs with just a couple of sentences. However, I find most often than not if the discussion is a good discussion with many people commenting than you're going to need more than a sentence or two no matter how good you are with words.

The following 1 user Likes Kung Fu's post:
  • Chief Commander

08-14-2015, 01:31 PM #7
Kung Fu
Chaplain
(08-14-2015, 01:26 PM)instinct Wrote:  Thank you, Kung Fu doesn't seem to grasp that not everyone wants to read through 5 paragraphs just to get to their point. And when I need to take the time to write out a longer reply, I will.

What he was saying doesn't apply to you.

The following 2 users Like Kung Fu's post:
  • Chief Commander, Tarikko

08-14-2015, 01:37 PM #8
instinct
Knight
(08-14-2015, 01:31 PM)Kung Fu Wrote:  
(08-14-2015, 01:26 PM)instinct Wrote:  Thank you, Kung Fu doesn't seem to grasp that not everyone wants to read through 5 paragraphs just to get to their point. And when I need to take the time to write out a longer reply, I will.

What he was saying doesn't apply to you.

Why don't you let him speak for himself?
The following 2 users Like instinct's post:
  • Riddler, cameronjcw

08-14-2015, 01:57 PM #9
Kung Fu
Chaplain
(08-14-2015, 01:37 PM)instinct Wrote:  Why don't you let him speak for himself?

Looking throughout all your comments these are what your sentences mainly comprise off. Of course you use different words at times but you get the gist of it.

"religion is hogwash", "religion is hogwash", and "religion is hogwash".

^If that's what you consider a thought provoking sentence well then I've got bad news for you mate.

The following 2 users Like Kung Fu's post:
  • Scimitar, Tarikko

08-14-2015, 02:14 PM #10
instinct
Knight
(08-14-2015, 01:57 PM)Kung Fu Wrote:  
(08-14-2015, 01:37 PM)instinct Wrote:  Why don't you let him speak for himself?

Looking throughout all your comments these are what your sentences mainly comprise off. Of course you use different words at times but you get the gist of it.

"religion is hogwash", "religion is hogwash", and "religion is hogwash".

^If that's what you consider a thought provoking sentence well then I've got bad news for you mate.

I don't really care what you consider to be thought provoking or not. I'm not going to stop posting what I want just because you get your jimmies rustled or start threads to cry about it. Seriously, get that through your head MATE.
This post was last modified: 08-14-2015, 02:15 PM by instinct.
The following 1 user Likes instinct's post:
  • cameronjcw