#Login Register
The Vigilant Citizen Forums
VF is now closed

08-10-2015, 02:56 PM #1
Hex
Wanderer
Hi all (or rather former veterans of VF),

Just thought I'd let you know that the Vigilant Forums is now officially closed. I've placed the forum in 'read only' mode to preserve the content for the foreseeable future (Registrations and posting is disabled, however PM's are still active should you wish to contact a member). I understand it can be disheartening to post over the years, only to have it all wiped, so I'll do my best to ensure it's up. As many of you already know this was on the cards for a while, and was catalysed when Vigilant reopened the official forums. I'm sure it will do well.

Thank you for your service there over the years; it was a pleasure. Shout out to Loki for his assistance.

Thanks all.

"We check and repress the divinity that stirs within us, to fall down and worship the divinity that is dead without us."
--  Henry David Thoreau, 1851

My Site: www.intelligentinfinity.net

The following 6 users Like Hex's post:
  • Goku, justjess, Daciple, cameronjcw, Loki, SheWatches

08-10-2015, 02:58 PM #2
Scimitar
Grand Commander
frack... i made the last post a few hours ago - asking you to keep it open Smile a good idea to make it read only bud. Least now we can reference some good old vibes Smile

Scimi

Out beyond ideas
of wrong-doing,

and right-doing,

there is a field...

...I'll meet you there.
€

Jalaluddin Rumi
The following 1 user Likes Scimitar's post:
  • Hex

08-10-2015, 03:00 PM #3
Hex
Wanderer
(08-10-2015, 02:58 PM)Scimitar Wrote:  frack... i made the last post a few hours ago - asking you to keep it open Smile a good idea to make it read only bud. Least now we can reference some good old vibes Smile

Scimi
Yeah I saw. If it's any consolation you can rest easy knowing your post marked the end of an era!

Thanks Scimi.

"We check and repress the divinity that stirs within us, to fall down and worship the divinity that is dead without us."

The following 1 user Likes Hex's post:
  • Scimitar

08-10-2015, 03:07 PM #4
Scimitar
Grand Commander
I enjoyed my stay there Hex Smile and thank you for giving us a place to continue our convos and discussions after the abrupt ending of VC forums. I'm sure i'm not the only one who has a soft spot for what you did bud Smile

Scimi

EDIT: side note - maybe keep the forum open for longer than expected? no telling when VC will shut this one down, it would be really crap to have to start all over again on a fresh forum.
This post was last modified: 08-10-2015, 03:08 PM by Scimitar.

Out beyond ideas
of wrong-doing,

and right-doing,

there is a field...

...I'll meet you there.
€

Jalaluddin Rumi
The following 1 user Likes Scimitar's post:
  • Hex

08-10-2015, 03:18 PM #5
Hex
Wanderer
(08-10-2015, 03:07 PM)Scimitar Wrote:  EDIT: side note - maybe keep the forum open for longer than expected? no telling when VC will shut this one down, it would be really crap to have to start all over again on a fresh forum.
Not to worry. I have a backup of the database as a contingency given the track record of this place (no offence, Vig  Tongue).

08-10-2015, 03:36 PM #6
Loki
Chaplain
Man its been like two or three months and we are thinking about when the site will shut down lol

“Life is neither good or evil, but only a place for good and evil.”
Marcus Aurelius

"In my opinion, there is a more scientific approach we can take to all hot-button issues. We do this when we stop demonizing the opposing viewpoints or victimizing ourselves, and we acknowledge and account for our own biases and emotions to the best of our ability."
--- Elliott C. Morgan

08-10-2015, 03:37 PM #7
cameronjcw
Justiciar
lol i thoguht this place was closing for a second then and was like wtf its only been open a cpl months already :| lol

08-10-2015, 03:43 PM #8
Briandao
Chaplain
(08-10-2015, 03:37 PM)cameronjcw Wrote:  lol i thoguht this place was closing for a second then and was like wtf its only been open a cpl months already :| lol

I don't follow... What's going on?

"I ain't 'tryina' preach, I believe I can reach but your mind ain't prepared, I see you when you get there" - Coolio

08-10-2015, 03:55 PM #9
Loki
Chaplain
(08-10-2015, 03:43 PM)Briandao Wrote:  
(08-10-2015, 03:37 PM)cameronjcw Wrote:  lol i thoguht this place was closing for a second then and was like wtf its only been open a cpl months already :| lol

Nothing, hex is just letting everyone who came here from Vigilant Forums that those forums are no longer open.

“Life is neither good or evil, but only a place for good and evil.”
Marcus Aurelius

"In my opinion, there is a more scientific approach we can take to all hot-button issues. We do this when we stop demonizing the opposing viewpoints or victimizing ourselves, and we acknowledge and account for our own biases and emotions to the best of our ability."
--- Elliott C. Morgan

08-10-2015, 03:58 PM #10
Briandao
Chaplain
(08-10-2015, 03:55 PM)Loki Wrote:  
(08-10-2015, 03:43 PM)Briandao Wrote:  

Nothing, hex is just letting everyone who came here from Vigilant Forums that those forums are no longer open.

Sorry for my retarded question, but what are the "Vigilant Forums"? (Since this isn't it)

"I ain't 'tryina' preach, I believe I can reach but your mind ain't prepared, I see you when you get there" - Coolio