#Login Register
The Vigilant Citizen Forums
Skepticism towards charity

08-08-2015, 06:13 AM #1
Briandao
Chaplain
I'm sure that some people are going to get offended by this, but for some years now, I've been very restrictive when it comes to charity.

If charity would mean all money going to actually trying to change things, then I wouldn't hesitate to contribute to this purpose with my money. However, I don't trust any of these big, worldwide charity organizations. 

For starters, it is well-known that way too much of the money that is being collected goes to administrative costs. 

Secondly, take all these cancer charities. For all these years, we hear "Today we broke a new record and we thank all of you for helping us in the fight against cancer". 

If they really wanted a cure for cancer, they would'nt try suppress the findings made by alternative medicine "communities".

Have seen some "independent" documentaries where people have treated people for their cancer, treating only the cancer without poisoning and breaking down people with chemo. 

These people have said that they would like to prove what they say is real, only to be threatened by the Big Pharma community. 

There may be some legitimate organizations, but I just see most of them taking advantage of good-hearted people to accumulate even more money. 

Have been thinking about making this thread earlier, but  came to think about it when I just saw a commercial begging for money to help people that have lost everything. Noble indeed. If it wasn't for the fact that the organization was a part of the UN.

And when it becomes illegal to do some charity on your own (feeding homeless people), I think it's even more suspicious. If people do the charity themselves, then how would these monstrous organization get their money?
This post was last modified: 08-08-2015, 06:17 AM by Briandao.

"I ain't 'tryina' preach, I believe I can reach but your mind ain't prepared, I see you when you get there" - Coolio
The following 4 users Like Briandao's post:
  • umphreak, Thy Unveiling, X-Maverick, The Creeper

08-08-2015, 06:18 AM #2
Emerald
Chaplain
(08-08-2015, 06:13 AM)Briandao Wrote:  I'm sure that some people are going to get offended by this, but for some years now, I've been very restrictive when it comes to charity.

If charity would mean all money going to actually trying to change things, then I wouldn't hesitate to contribute to this purpose with my money. However, I don't trust any of these big, worldwide charity organizations. 

For starters, it is well-known that way too much of the money that is being collected goes to administrative costs. 

Secondly, take all these cancer charities. For all these years, we hear "Today we broke a new record and we thank all of you for helping us in the fight against cancer". 

If they really wanted a cure for cancer, they would'nt try suppress the findings made by alternative medicine "communities".

Have seen some "independent" documentaries where people have treated people for their cancer, treating only the cancer without poisoning and breaking down people with chemo. 

These people have said that they would like to prove what they say is real, only to be threatened by the Big Pharma community. 

There may be some legitimate organizations, but I just see most of them taking advantage of good-hearted people to accumulate even more money. 

Have been thinking about making this thread earlier, but  came to think about it when I just saw a commercial begging for money to help people that have lost everything. Noble indeed. If it wasn't for the fact that the organization was a part of the UN.

Some charities are for real, but most are bullshit. Its nothing but panhandling/begging in disguise. "Give us, give us, to help X, for a noble cause....". I can only give them the middle finger, even this is too much for them.

People who surrender their former religious beliefs have got to be some of the smartest and bravest people in the world because they set out to find truth even while under the threat of "eternal damnations". George Carlin
The following 1 user Likes Emerald's post:
  • Briandao

08-08-2015, 06:20 AM #3
Briandao
Chaplain
(08-08-2015, 06:18 AM)Emerald Wrote:  
(08-08-2015, 06:13 AM)Briandao Wrote:  I'm sure that some people are going to get offended by this, but for some years now, I've been very restrictive when it comes to charity.

Some charities are for real, but most are bullshit. Its nothing but panhandling/begging in disguise. "Give us, give us, to help X, for a noble cause....". I can only give them the middle finger, even this is too much for them.

Word!

"I ain't 'tryina' preach, I believe I can reach but your mind ain't prepared, I see you when you get there" - Coolio

08-08-2015, 06:32 AM #4
The Creeper
Chaplain
There are quite a few out there where only about 3% of what you give actually goes to the cause. The other 97% just lines their pockets. You can't trust anyone, esspessially when there is money involved. If you want to help people, go out and help people, talk to people, be kind, volunteer. Thats not to say that all charities are bad, but I would say that actually doing something is a better way to solve things than throwing money at it. If you want something done right, you have to do it yourself. Other people are fucking useless for the most part.

A fool thinks himself to be wise, but a wise man knows himself to be a fool – William Shakespear
The following 1 user Likes The Creeper's post:
  • Thy Unveiling

08-08-2015, 06:34 AM #5
Briandao
Chaplain
(08-08-2015, 06:32 AM)The Creeper Wrote:  There are quite a few out there where only about 3% of what you give actually goes to the cause. The other 97% just lines their pockets. You can't trust anyone, esspessially when there is money involved. If you want to help people, go out and help people, talk to people, be kind, volunteer. Thats not to say that all charities are bad, but I would say that actually doing something is a better way to solve things than throwing money at it. If you want something done right, you have to do it yourself. Other people are fucking useless for the most part.

Yes, but then they make it illegal...

08-08-2015, 06:44 AM #6
The Creeper
Chaplain
Posted by Briandao
Yes, but then they make it illegal...

I don't give a shit what is legal.

I only care about right and wrong, the choice between a good or evil life.

There is the real world and then their is the matrix, the illusion that we were all born into and are a part of.

A fool thinks himself to be wise, but a wise man knows himself to be a fool – William Shakespear
The following 2 users Like The Creeper's post:
  • Thy Unveiling, Briandao

08-08-2015, 06:58 AM #7
Briandao
Chaplain
Would like to clarify something since one can't edit the title of the thread. 

I do not oppose the act of charity, on the contrary. 

I oppose the charity organizations that play with people's good will for their own benefit.

They have no interest in getting rid of cancer, poverty or despair. That's their source of wealth. 

The following 2 users Like Briandao's post:
  • Thy Unveiling, The Creeper

08-08-2015, 12:13 PM #8
FlixKandish
Chaplain
Www://charitywatch.org can help for those of us in the US.
The following 1 user Likes FlixKandish's post:
  • The Creeper

08-08-2015, 12:20 PM #9
Briandao
Chaplain
(08-08-2015, 12:13 PM)FlixKandish Wrote:  Www://charitywatch.org can help for those of us in the US.

Great site if legit. 

Can it be confirmed that it's not controlled opposition? 

I always get a bit cautious when people and sites like this is allowed to exist. 

I don't know, maybe it's just me overestimating the power of the elite

The following 2 users Like Briandao's post:
  • Thy Unveiling, The Creeper

08-08-2015, 12:26 PM #10
FlixKandish
Chaplain
Lol yes it's legit. Uber paranoid anti fluoride anti vaccine customers I've had use it so it should be fine :p
The following 5 users Like FlixKandish's post:
  • Thy Unveiling, Goku, Riddler, Briandao, The Creeper