#Login Register
The Vigilant Citizen Forums
What if you owned the world?

08-05-2015, 02:55 AM #1
Briandao
Chaplain
This is something I've been thinking about for several years, and my answer is simple, at least how it would be. 

If you had the same amount of power as the elite, how would you "shape" the world?

How would "your" world look like and how would you go about to make it that way? 

"I ain't 'tryina' preach, I believe I can reach but your mind ain't prepared, I see you when you get there" - Coolio

08-05-2015, 04:20 AM #2
Thy Unveiling
Chaplain
Personally, I would not want that responsibility. However there are things I feel would make a better society.

I feel that if a tenant treats a place nice, and wants to beautify it (paint, renovate, garden, whatever) then they should pay less or no rent. If a tenant treats a place like crap, they should go elsewhere. In December and January (especially January) people should get a break on hydro, gas, and rent. Like not having to pay at all would be ideal. Not one of those Leon's deals either where you pay now or later, either.

Politics and monarchy should be nonexistent. Same with banks, for the most part. Cashless society would be okay if it meant we were back on the barter system. But we've come "too far" to turn back to our "primitive" ways. We're too accustomed to our Have Now society that we'd not succeed in going Amish...and I've been seeing more of them in Walmart. Or maybe theyre very traditional mennonites, but i digress. We should use more ecofriendly means of transportation, though. No more gas using vehicles asap.

We should not have to work past retirement age. We shouldn't have to send our elderly into homes. We shouldn't need several incomes just to scrape by. We should be able to help eachother. Finding decent childcare/sitters/nanny's shouldn't be such a problem. We shouldn't have to take on debts to pursue an education. The list of "we shouldn't have to" is endless, yet much of it is burdens we encounter in our lives.

I figure we should all be given a chance, regardless of our background. Many times I've read job postings thinking "I could do this!" Only to learn I'm lacking a piece of paper (degree) and a minimum of 5 years experience. People fresh from school need to gain experience somehow. Regardless, the job description is something i could do. Many people face this same frustration.

Wars would be unnecessary. They really shouldn't happen. Some idiotic war "comedy" starring that chubby cable guy doofus (or a similar looking guy) had an exchange that went like this:
"How do we know who's the bad guys?"
"If they're shooting at us, they're the bad guys"
Idk about you, but that makes both sides "bad" IMO. "We're" shooting at them. "They're" shooting at us. Bombs are being dropped, houses being raided...and its "the good guys" doing it.

But I suppose to avoid rambling incohesively at 4am much further, I should summarize my view of an ideal world...
Ideally, we'd all operate in a similar fashion to kindergarten rules. At least, according to the 1980s. We'd treat others as we'd like to be treated. Honesty is the best policy. Sharing is caring. Don't be afraid to ask. That sort of thing. I also believe in let the punishment fit the crime. Most "crimes" we get punished for are petty things, often with a story that gets ignored. Marijuana shouldn't be illegal. Sometimes you steal because you have to (homeless, no money, need clean clothes, whatever). The true crimes against humanity occur and get celebrated by insidious groups who make our world as difficult as it is.

I feel technology has done more harm than good. I don't think it needs to "progress" as rapidly as it does. Its also caused us to live in a disposable society. There's no reason to need a new phone every year.

I feel we should help eachother out however we can and get back in touch with eachother. Not "hang out" with someone yet really you're each glued to your phones ignoring the person next to you. (I'm also guilty of doing this)

Idk how I'd implement these things. I'd need a team to help figure that out. Really, I'd rather be the idea woman telling people "this is what we need to do, now make it happen."
The following 4 users Like Thy Unveiling's post:
  • anne, The Creeper, Goku, Briandao

08-05-2015, 04:29 AM #3
Briandao
Chaplain
(08-05-2015, 04:20 AM)Thy Unveiling Wrote:  Personally, I would not want that responsibility. However there are things I feel would make a better society.

I feel that if a tenant treats a place nice, and wants to beautify it (paint, renovate, garden, whatever) then they should pay less or no rent. If a tenant treats a place like crap, they should go elsewhere. In December and January (especially January) people should get a break on hydro, gas, and rent. Like not having to pay at all would be ideal. Not one of those Leon's deals either where you pay now or later, either.

Politics and monarchy should be nonexistent. Same with banks, for the most part. Cashless society would be okay if it meant we were back on the barter system. But we've come "too far" to turn back to our "primitive" ways. We're too accustomed to our Have Now society that we'd not succeed in going Amish...and I've been seeing more of them in Walmart. Or maybe theyre very traditional mennonites, but i digress. We should use more ecofriendly means of transportation, though. No more gas using vehicles asap.

We should not have to work past retirement age. We shouldn't have to send our elderly into homes. We shouldn't need several incomes just to scrape by. We should be able to help eachother. Finding decent childcare/sitters/nanny's shouldn't be such a problem. We shouldn't have to take on debts to pursue an education. The list of "we shouldn't have to" is endless, yet much of it is burdens we encounter in our lives.

I figure we should all be given a chance, regardless of our background. Many times I've read job postings thinking "I could do this!" Only to learn I'm lacking a piece of paper (degree) and a minimum of 5 years experience. People fresh from school need to gain experience somehow. Regardless, the job description is something i could do. Many people face this same frustration.

Wars would be unnecessary. They really shouldn't happen. Some idiotic war "comedy" starring that chubby cable guy doofus (or a similar looking guy) had an exchange that went like this:
Idk about you, but that makes both sides "bad" IMO. "We're" shooting at them. "They're" shooting at us. Bombs are being dropped, houses being raided...and its "the good guys" doing it.

But I suppose to avoid rambling incohesively at 4am much further, I should summarize my view of an ideal world...
Ideally, we'd all operate in a similar fashion to kindergarten rules. At least, according to the 1980s. We'd treat others as we'd like to be treated. Honesty is the best policy. Sharing is caring. Don't be afraid to ask. That sort of thing. I also believe in let the punishment fit the crime. Most "crimes" we get punished for are petty things, often with a story that gets ignored. Marijuana shouldn't be illegal. Sometimes you steal because you have to (homeless, no money, need clean clothes, whatever). The true crimes against humanity occur and get celebrated by insidious groups who make our world as difficult as it is.

I feel technology has done more harm than good. I don't think it needs to "progress" as rapidly as it does. Its also caused us to live in a disposable society. There's no reason to need a new phone every year.

I feel we should help eachother out however we can and get back in touch with eachother. Not "hang out" with someone yet really you're each glued to your phones ignoring the person next to you. (I'm also guilty of doing this)

Idk how I'd implement these things. I'd need a team to help figure that out. Really, I'd rather be the idea woman telling people "this is what we need to do, now make it happen."

Wow, thanks for taking the time to write all of that :-)

"I ain't 'tryina' preach, I believe I can reach but your mind ain't prepared, I see you when you get there" - Coolio
The following 1 user Likes Briandao's post:
  • Thy Unveiling

08-05-2015, 04:33 AM #4
Thy Unveiling
Chaplain
Thank you? :")

08-05-2015, 04:35 AM #5
Briandao
Chaplain
(08-05-2015, 04:33 AM)Thy Unveiling Wrote:  Thank you? :")

Yes, I really appreciate that you took the time to answer with such a long post. 

I don't take people's dedication for granted.

• Thy Unveiling

08-05-2015, 04:48 AM #6
Briandao
Chaplain
(08-05-2015, 04:20 AM)Thy Unveiling Wrote:  Personally, I would not want that responsibility. However there are things I feel would make a better society.

I don't need to give you my version of how the world would be structured if I were in charge. As long as what you wrote goes for every nation on earth, I agree 100%.

• Thy Unveiling

08-05-2015, 05:07 AM #7
Emerald
Chaplain
SF stuff. Better focus on the real and present danger and fight than dabbling into fantasy and ask ourselves "what if". Waste of time (and energy).

People who surrender their former religious beliefs have got to be some of the smartest and bravest people in the world because they set out to find truth even while under the threat of "eternal damnations". George Carlin

08-05-2015, 05:47 AM #8
Briandao
Chaplain
(08-05-2015, 05:07 AM)Emerald Wrote:  SF stuff. Better focus on the real and present danger and fight than dabbling into fantasy and ask ourselves "what if". Waste of time (and energy).

Yeah, it was more to see what people are all about :-P

08-05-2015, 08:18 AM #9
Goku
Chaplain
I'd argue that we do live in the perfect world, it's just the contents that make it imperfect.

The Earth is a perfect imperfection due to Humanity.

But:

If I had to, I would say all that is needed is for everyone to be happy, moral and selfless, then everyone can go the Winchester and wait for the evil to all blow over. Tongue
The following 1 user Likes Goku's post:
  • Thy Unveiling

08-05-2015, 08:56 AM #10
Kung Fu
Chaplain
I like this question. If I could be the dictator of the world I would outlaw all forms of LGBT nonsense and would force them to keep that stuff in the private of their own homes where it belongs. I would also give jail time to adulterers and ban all types of establishments that performs any type of sex work and yes, that means stripping as well. Women that try to get abortions would be tried for murder. And lastly anyone caught meddling and rigging the economy for their own gain whether it be through usury/interest, book cooking, and etc. will all be hanged publicly.

After that is all done, I'll sit back and watch the world prosper.

Prophet Muhammad (SallAllahu alaihi wasalam) said:

"My similitude and that of the life of this world is that of a traveler who took a rest at mid-day under a shade of a tree and then left it."       (Ahmad, at-Tirmidhi, Ibn Majah and al-Hakim)

The following 1 user Likes Kung Fu's post:
  • tapirmusic