#Login Register
The Vigilant Citizen Forums
Split Up The Land

07-31-2015, 01:44 PM #1
Loki
Chaplain
Wasn't sure where to put this exactly so just gonna put it in The Lounge here. I've been thinking about this off and on for a few weeks now and wanted to know what others thought. It's not a realistic thing but it kind of makes sense to me.

Why must the United States be so large? Like I get that we were individual states under British rule and we united together to revolt against their tyranny and then stuck together and expanded from there. But at this point aren't we too large for one single federal governing body to look after? Wouldn't it make more sense if the United States peacefully broke itself up into like 6-8 generous chunks of territory and became independent nations with their own individual president and government? Maybe there are problems with this idea that are incredibly profound and I'm just not thinking of them. I'm not well versed in diplomacy, government, or anything like that so these are just my random thoughts. It just seems to me we are too big for the government to actually work in favor of everyone within the country and that will never change.

My guess is that the biggest thing that would always prevent this is funds and debts. I mean it's easy to say you just split those evenly amongst the new nations but I'm sure it's not that simple. It's just crazy to me that you can fit like over half of all the other nations into our one nation and we are expected to run as effectively as any of them. That's insane.

You don't have to be from America to have an opinion on this by the way. People from smaller nations like Britain or Sweden or Spain would probably have great insight on whether splitting into a collective of smaller independent nations would be better or not in their opinion.

“Life is neither good or evil, but only a place for good and evil.”
Marcus Aurelius

"In my opinion, there is a more scientific approach we can take to all hot-button issues. We do this when we stop demonizing the opposing viewpoints or victimizing ourselves, and we acknowledge and account for our own biases and emotions to the best of our ability."
--- Elliott C. Morgan
The following 5 users Like Loki's post:
  • Trenton, khadeejah, justjess, Chief Commander, Briandao

07-31-2015, 01:51 PM #2
Kung Fu
Chaplain
I'm actually curious as to seeing the responses.

Prophet Muhammad (SallAllahu alaihi wasalam) said:

"My similitude and that of the life of this world is that of a traveler who took a rest at mid-day under a shade of a tree and then left it."       (Ahmad, at-Tirmidhi, Ibn Majah and al-Hakim)

The following 1 user Likes Kung Fu's post:
  • khadeejah

07-31-2015, 01:51 PM #3
Greenbob
Knight
(07-31-2015, 01:44 PM)Loki Wrote:  Wasn't sure where to put this exactly so just gonna put it in The Lounge here. I've been thinking about this off and on for a few weeks now and wanted to know what others thought. It's not a realistic thing but it kind of makes sense to me.

Why must the United States be so large? Like I get that we were individual states under British rule and we united together to revolt against their tyranny and then stuck together and expanded from there. But at this point aren't we too large for one single federal governing body to look after? Wouldn't it make more sense if the United States peacefully broke itself up into like 6-8 generous chunks of territory and became independent nations with their own individual president and government? Maybe there are problems with this idea that are incredibly profound and I'm just not thinking of them. I'm not well versed in diplomacy, government, or anything like that so these are just my random thoughts. It just seems to me we are too big for the government to actually work in favor of everyone within the country and that will never change.

My guess is that the biggest thing that would always prevent this is funds and debts. I mean it's easy to say you just split those evenly amongst the new nations but I'm sure it's not that simple. It's just crazy to me that you can fit like over half of all the other nations into our one nation and we are expected to run as effectively as any of them. That's insane.

You don't have to be from America to have an opinion on this by the way. People from smaller nations like Britain or Sweden or Spain would probably have great insight on whether splitting into a collective of smaller independent nations would be better or not in their opinion.

You obviously understand why European Nations have been trying to form one entity for the last 40 years

07-31-2015, 02:12 PM #4
Kung Fu
Chaplain
(07-31-2015, 01:51 PM)Greenbob Wrote:  You obviously understand why European Nations have been trying to form one entity for the last 40 years

And look how well that turned out for them.

"My similitude and that of the life of this world is that of a traveler who took a rest at mid-day under a shade of a tree and then left it."       (Ahmad, at-Tirmidhi, Ibn Majah and al-Hakim)

The following 4 users Like Kung Fu's post:
  • Tarikko, dzubmarinara, Chief Commander, Briandao

07-31-2015, 02:25 PM #5
Greenbob
Knight
How do you come to that conclusion, they did it to gain financial advantage for their manufacturing businesses, especially as the US was hard to break into.

That part has been successful for them

07-31-2015, 03:56 PM #6
Spazarus
Knight
Isn't all the consolidation of smaller countries into larger collectives just part of the new world order agenda?

Funny movie reviews that expose the establishment: Popcorn Lobotomy
The following 2 users Like Spazarus's post:
  • Trenton, Briandao

07-31-2015, 03:57 PM #7
Briandao
Chaplain
(07-31-2015, 02:25 PM)Greenbob Wrote:  How do you come to that conclusion, they did it to gain financial advantage for their manufacturing businesses, especially as the US was hard to break into.

Yeah, but I would rather be without that if it meant the joke of corruption that is EU never saw the light of day.

"I ain't 'tryina' preach, I believe I can reach but your mind ain't prepared, I see you when you get there" - Coolio
The following 3 users Like Briandao's post:
  • Trenton, Chief Commander, Kung Fu

07-31-2015, 04:12 PM #8
Kung Fu
Chaplain
(07-31-2015, 02:25 PM)Greenbob Wrote:  How do you come to that conclusion, they did it to gain financial advantage for their manufacturing businesses, especially as the US was hard to break into.

The Greeks and many other European nations would completely disagree with you.

The following 4 users Like Kung Fu's post:
  • Trenton, justjess, Chief Commander, Briandao

07-31-2015, 04:15 PM #9
Briandao
Chaplain
(07-31-2015, 03:56 PM)Spazarus Wrote:  Isn't all the consolidation of smaller countries into larger collectives just part of the new world order agenda?

Of course! 

With EU, the power over a whole bunch of nations is placed in Brussels. 

And, as some people have mentioned here on VC, the Greek crisis will be used against the people of Europe to justify their budget cuts and bizarre laws.

"I ain't 'tryina' preach, I believe I can reach but your mind ain't prepared, I see you when you get there" - Coolio
The following 1 user Likes Briandao's post:
  • Chief Commander

07-31-2015, 04:16 PM #10
novam terram
Justiciar

My apologies, Loki. You're probably looking for serious replies, but I couldn't resist.