#Login Register
The Vigilant Citizen Forums
Deja Vu or a Computer Glitch!?

07-23-2015, 06:18 PM #1
cameronjcw
Justiciar
The more I read about various explanations for the possibility we are in a simulated reality the more I really feel that this is what this reality is really all about, really where we came from!

Ive been interested in this for a long long time, no matter what way you put it or what name is put on it I just cant really get on board with the idea of an omnipresent deity, the only way this can resonate within me is if the "creator" is the creator of our simulated reality.

Which brings me to the whole idea of Deja Vu. This happens to everybody right!? Most people experience Deja Vu at least once or twice in their lives am sure. I have had quite a few of them and even was concerned I was maybe having seziures which are sometimes an explanation for episodes of Deja Vu but what if the reason we have Deja Vu is because we have experienced things before!? What about double Deja Vu having feeling like you have experienced something more than once!? Even now as I sit here posting this it feels a bit like Deja Vu!?

I was thinking about it earlier today again. I know I have thought about this many times before, if we are in a computer simulated reality being operated by a creator or programmer, maybe DejaVu is because there has been a glitch, maybe the program crashed and Deja Vu is just the system rebooting from its last good save point!? Maybe our reality has been damaged from within with our attempts to find out exactly what our reality is and maybe we have even somehow managed to evolve consciously enough within this system to be able to affect the actual program, like a virus, maybe we have destroyed ourselves many times and the systems been rebooted to its last restore point?

Maybe psychics are people who can somehow tap into information that has existed within the system but has expired but still leaves fragments of the old files? Maybe what we experience as time is actually much faster than in our creators reality a bit like in the sims where they have a much shorter life span or you can speed things up, maybe that explains why time does seem to go really fast, to me it seems to be getting faster and faster all the time but yet we have no evidence that this is actually happening!

Maybe I think too much? Maybe not enough? I dunno, its certainly something I really enjoy discussing and hearing others perspectives on! So anyway, anybody up for some mind bending conversations about reality!?

If we are in a computer simulated reality, can we get out of it!?
The following 3 users Like cameronjcw's post:
  • Thy Unveiling, Scimitar, Trenton

07-23-2015, 09:59 PM #2
Armas
Marshall
(07-23-2015, 06:18 PM)cameronjcw Wrote:  If we are in a computer simulated reality, can we get out of it!?

I don't see what you exactly mean, but I don't think our reality is a bunch of zeros and ones...

Deja vu alone is not convincing, and I don't think it is evidence. If you are going to take Deja vu as an evidence, then what about forgetting. Programs do not have the option of forgeting stuff, yet forgetting is something we are good at. Computer systems are so mechanical, and I think they are far far from our reality.
This post was last modified: 07-23-2015, 11:01 PM by Armas.

07-23-2015, 10:41 PM #3
cameronjcw
Justiciar
(07-23-2015, 09:59 PM)Armas Wrote:  
(07-23-2015, 06:18 PM)cameronjcw Wrote:  If we are in a computer simulated reality, can we get out of it!?

I don't see what you exactly mean, but I don't think our reality is a bunch of zeros and ones...

Deja vu alone is not convincing, and I don't think it is evidence. If you are going to take Deja vu as an evidence, then what about forgetting. Programs do not have the option of forgeting stuff, yet forgetting is something we are good at. Computer systems are so mechanical, and I think they are far far from our reality.

lol no I'm not suggesting that Deja Vu is evidence alone that what we are in is a simulated reality. I will post some more information about it tomorrow but there is quite a lot of evidence that suggests that we are nothing more than a much more advanced version of the sims created by somebody else!? A godlike figure or creator who would seem like a god!

http://www.theuniversesolved.com/evidence.htm

http://www.naturalnews.com/038985_univer...esign.html

http://listverse.com/2013/12/02/10-reaso...imulation/

http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/sh...?t=2612922

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Digital_physics

http://humansarefree.com/2013/01/science...-code.html

http://www.novaspivack.com/uncategorized...ce-emerges

http://www.simulation-argument.com/
The following 2 users Like cameronjcw's post:
  • Thy Unveiling, Goku

07-24-2015, 04:54 AM #4
Goku
Chaplain
Interesting read, that is the first I've heard about supersymmetry and error-correcting codes in the laws of physics.

This evidence would seem to indicate the Universe may very well be a computer programme.

I assume the use of Phi and Fibonacci within the Universe might also support this claim.

Or Maybe, the Universe is actually conscious and these error-correcting codes are the way it self-repairs/corrects anomolies?

I really don't know. So many theories and possibilities, I can genuinely understand how the concept of inifinity drove people insane  Angry Huh
The following 2 users Like Goku's post:
  • Thy Unveiling, cameronjcw

07-24-2015, 05:25 AM #5
cameronjcw
Justiciar
Yeah most of the theories around this really stand up and make sense of physics etc

Its pretty amazing really there aren't really any other scientific theories that are so plausible!

I do play the sims 3 and a lot of the time am thinking playing it, this is just kind of like one of those pictures with the same picture within it and then that within that I mean me a more advanced simulated entity within a computer simulation playing a simulation game, somebody up there maybe playing their version of the sims only with us in it, maybe theres somebody outside of them too playing them!

It makes so much sense its almost like the elephant in the room!
The following 1 user Likes cameronjcw's post:
  • Thy Unveiling

07-24-2015, 05:49 AM #6
Armas
Marshall
We start with saying we are monkeys, then we say we are random bacteria first existed from a big bang, then we say aliens created us and they are planning to invade us, then we say we live in a computer system created by a programmer... In a way, I think we are really programmed machines. We lost our human senses of what is totally crazy and being inserted to our minds like a JavaScript. Guys I am really just saying.
The following 3 users Like Armas's post:
  • Thy Unveiling, Scimitar, zenith

07-24-2015, 05:59 AM #7
cameronjcw
Justiciar
Its not so much of "we" saying all these things its other people theories, so far all the theories about the fact we might be living within a simulation really stand up a resonate with physics and quantum computing! There is mathematic equations in everything we see as nature. So its not as ridiculous and the argument for it as a lot more robust than many other theories others choose to believe!
The following 1 user Likes cameronjcw's post:
  • Thy Unveiling

07-24-2015, 06:15 AM #8
Cerosilmel
Squire
Hi cameronjcw, all

Under the risk of getting repetitive (all apologies if that's the case), that's one of the many things I love about Buddhism, its explanation of why we are here.

It's said we've existed since infinity, no beginning point, and that we keep coming back again and again, being reborn every time against our will, because we unconsciously crave existence and pleasures of the senses.

So continued existence is seen as a prison, with beings enslaved by Mara, the Buddhist Evil One, who controls us by means of unsatisfiable sense desires and other means like boredom and sloth, all keeping us from experiencing reality as it is and escaping the 'simulation'.

So yes, I somehow agree with you that we ultimately living an illusion, with a blurred perception of things as they actually are. Maybe you'd find it interesting to read about Hindu, Buddhist, Jain and Sikh philosophies, many people felt like you in the past, just without the computer analogies, but with the same idea at the core.

Be well!

At rest, may all beings be happy at heart.
The following 3 users Like Cerosilmel's post:
  • Thy Unveiling, Trenton, cameronjcw

07-24-2015, 06:31 AM #9
Armas
Marshall
@cameronjcw

It is what the other people say. What about what you say?

07-24-2015, 07:38 AM #10
Hex
Wanderer
Quote:Déjà-vu is a condition when a remembered non-physical event collides with a current physical one. In the non-physical time is simultaneous, so it is possible and happens often that you live an event first in the non-physical (during dreamtime). Then when the physical event actually occurs the memory of the non-physical event surfaces and the two collide. The feeling of Déjà-vu is what occurs and that is the feelings of the non-physical event impacting into your physical event. Since these feelings come from a source outside of your physical self, you feel odd and even remember doing the event before.

Sauce
It's worth appending a note to state the sensation will also occur when there are energetic cross-linkages between the various parts of the Soul. It is a sort of 'glitch', but is more you becoming aware of the true nature of reality.

"We check and repress the divinity that stirs within us, to fall down and worship the divinity that is dead without us."
--  Henry David Thoreau, 1851

My Site: www.intelligentinfinity.net

The following 4 users Like Hex's post:
  • Thy Unveiling, Trenton, zenith, Goku