#Login Register
The Vigilant Citizen Forums
The Atheists Worst Nightmare

07-22-2015, 12:54 PM #1
Kung Fu
Chaplain
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nfv-Qn1M58I

The man basically explains how this specific fruit totally blows Atheism out of the water.
This post was last modified: 07-22-2015, 12:55 PM by Kung Fu.

Prophet Muhammad (SallAllahu alaihi wasalam) said:

"My similitude and that of the life of this world is that of a traveler who took a rest at mid-day under a shade of a tree and then left it."       (Ahmad, at-Tirmidhi, Ibn Majah and al-Hakim)

The following 2 users Like Kung Fu's post:
  • anne, Tarikko

07-22-2015, 01:06 PM #2
novam terram
Justiciar
(07-22-2015, 12:54 PM)Kung Fu Wrote:  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nfv-Qn1M58I

The man basically explains how this specific fruit totally blows Atheism out of the water.
Disclaimer: I'm not even an atheist, but at least I understand why this is nonsense. This is a good example of how some people are willing to believe anything they're told as long as it confirms a personal bias. Just in case you're not joking with this topic, here ya go.. you're welcome: İmage

edit to add a better photo- wild banana compared to a specially-bred domestic banana:İmage
This post was last modified: 07-28-2015, 01:40 PM by novam terram.
The following 3 users Like novam terram's post:
  • kerrichinchilla, AnswersISeek, cameronjcw

07-28-2015, 12:45 AM #3
anne
Justiciar
I would also like to add that as a worldview, atheism is intellectually bankrupt and is wrought with philosophical problems.Think about it, in atheism, there is no moral right and wrong. There is no moral "should and shouldn't." Why? Because when you remove God, you remove the standard by which objective moral truth is established. In atheism morality is up for grabs.

In an atheistic worldview, lying, cheating, and stealing are neither right or wrong. They are phenomena to which, if the atheist so decides, moral values can be assigned. Sure, the atheist might say that we all should want to help society function properly, and it does not benefit society as a whole to lie, cheat, and steal. But, this is weak intellectual reasoning.If you say that it is wrong, then why is it wrong? If it is your opinion that it is wrong, that is nice, but opinions don’t make ethical standards. If you said that it is wrong because it is wrong, you are just begging the question. Besides, that would mean there was a moral standard outside of yourself to which you must answer and that would imply a Moral-Law Giver.

Anyway, some atheists maintain that the best moral system is that which brings the greatest happiness, the least amount of suffering, and the greatest freedom for as many people as possible. That is a nice sentiment, but it doesn’t work. Take a look at slavery, for example. The greatest happiness for the greatest number of people means that a minority of people should suffer in bondage. This way, the greatest amount of freedom for the majority is ensured. But if the atheist says that it is wrong to enslave a minority to benefit the majority, then why is it wrong? Because he said so? If he says that it’s wrong because the minority is suffering, so what? Why is suffering wrong? It may be unpleasant. It may not be nice. But, from an atheistic worldview, why is it morally wrong to oppress a minority to benefit the majority? Atheism can’t help us here. It just isn’t up to the task of providing solid answers.
The following 1 user Likes anne's post:
  • Alice

07-28-2015, 01:24 AM #4
justjess
Chaplain
Atheism is simply the lack of belief in god, not morals. Please stop equating the too it's intellectually dishonest.

Also I'm not an atheist
The following 7 users Like justjess's post:
  • Pront, kerrichinchilla, Loki, FlixKandish, Goku, EnquiringMind, Briandao

07-28-2015, 01:26 AM #5
anne
Justiciar
(07-28-2015, 01:24 AM)justjess Wrote:  Atheism is simply the lack of belief in god, not morals. Please stop equating the too it's intellectually dishonest.

Also I'm not an atheist

Did you take the time to read my post? I said that an atheist can be moral but he has no actual logical reason for doing so.
  • Alice

07-28-2015, 01:31 AM #6
Briandao
Chaplain
(07-28-2015, 01:26 AM)anne Wrote:  
(07-28-2015, 01:24 AM)justjess Wrote:  Atheism is simply the lack of belief in god, not morals. Please stop equating the too it's intellectually dishonest.

Also I'm not an atheist

Did you take the time to read my post? I said that an atheist can be moral but he has no actual logical reason for doing so.

Well, I guess having a great amount of empathy, see everyones equal value and genuinely caring about others happiness aren't reasons enough?

"I ain't 'tryina' preach, I believe I can reach but your mind ain't prepared, I see you when you get there" - Coolio

07-28-2015, 01:36 AM #7
anne
Justiciar
(07-28-2015, 01:31 AM)Briandao Wrote:  

Also I'm not an atheist

Well, I guess having a great amount of empathy, see everyones equal value and genuinely caring about others happiness aren't reasons enough?

while atheists can behave morally, belief is necessary for an individual "to give a rational and coherent account" of why they are obligated to lead a morally responsible life.atheism is unable to "give an account of why one deed should be seen as good and another as evil"
  • Alice

07-28-2015, 01:46 AM #8
Briandao
Chaplain
(07-28-2015, 01:36 AM)anne Wrote:  

Also I'm not an atheist

while atheists can behave morally, belief is necessary for an individual "to give a rational and coherent account" of why they are obligated to lead a morally responsible life.atheism is unable to "give an account of why one deed should be seen as good and another as evil"

Well, making people suffer for own personal gain is evil since you sacrifice the happiness of another human being for you to get something out of it. 

Cheating on your significant other is immoral since you hurt the feelings of that person for taking a dump on their trust and the whole relationship.

(07-28-2015, 01:46 AM)Briandao Wrote:  

Also I'm not an atheist

Well, making people suffer for own personal gain is evil since you sacrifice the happiness of another human being for you to get something out of it. 

Cheating on your significant other is immoral since you hurt the feelings of that person for taking a dump on their trust and the whole relationship.

And which of these two do you consider being worst: atheism or Scientology?
This post was last modified: 07-28-2015, 01:50 AM by Briandao.

"I ain't 'tryina' preach, I believe I can reach but your mind ain't prepared, I see you when you get there" - Coolio

07-28-2015, 01:52 AM #9
anne
Justiciar

Also I'm not an atheist

You are missing my point.Why the hell is it evil or immoral?I am not saying atheist cannot be moral,I am saying that they do not have any reason to do so.Logically(and please don't bring conscience into this),why should an atheist give a fuck?
Every expression of atheism necessitates at least three additional affirmations:
1. The universe is purely material. It is strictly natural, and there is no such thing as the supernatural (e.g., gods or spiritual forces).
2. The universe is scientific. It is observable, knowable and governed strictly by the laws of physics.
3. The universe is impersonal. It does not a have consciousness or a will, nor is it guided by a consciousness or a will.
Denial of any one of those three affirmations will strike a mortal blow to atheism. Anything and everything that happens in such a universe is meaningless. A tree falls. A young girl is rescued from sexual slavery. A dog barks. A man is killed for not espousing the national religion. These are all actions that can be known and explained but never given any meaning or value.
A good atheist -- that is, a consistent atheist -- recognizes this dilemma. His only reasonable conclusion is to reject objective meaning and morality. Thus, calling him "good" in the moral sense is nonsensical. There is no morally good atheist, because there really is no objective morality. At best, morality is the mass delusion shared by humanity, protecting us from the cold sting of despair.
  • Alice

07-28-2015, 01:56 AM #10
Briandao
Chaplain
(07-28-2015, 01:52 AM)anne Wrote:  
(07-28-2015, 01:26 AM)anne Wrote:  Did you take the time to read my post? I said that an atheist can be moral but he has no actual logical reason for doing so.

You are missing my point.Why the hell is it evil or immoral?I am not saying atheist cannot be moral,I am saying that they do not have any reason to do so.Logically(and please don't bring conscience into this),why should an atheist give a fuck?
Every expression of atheism necessitates at least three additional affirmations:
1. The universe is purely material. It is strictly natural, and there is no such thing as the supernatural (e.g., gods or spiritual forces).
2. The universe is scientific. It is observable, knowable and governed strictly by the laws of physics.
3. The universe is impersonal. It does not a have consciousness or a will, nor is it guided by a consciousness or a will.
Denial of any one of those three affirmations will strike a mortal blow to atheism. Anything and everything that happens in such a universe is meaningless. A tree falls. A young girl is rescued from sexual slavery. A dog barks. A man is killed for not espousing the national religion. These are all actions that can be known and explained but never given any meaning or value.
A good atheist -- that is, a consistent atheist -- recognizes this dilemma. His only reasonable conclusion is to reject objective meaning and morality. Thus, calling him "good" in the moral sense is nonsensical. There is no morally good atheist, because there really is no objective morality. At best, morality is the mass delusion shared by humanity, protecting us from the cold sting of despair.

I understand and I think that we have the same view on how one should be towards another. Yes, there are many immoral atheists, but how do you explain immoral and evil people that aren't atheists? They exist you know. What's their excuse?