#Login Register
The Vigilant Citizen Forums
"Too posh to Push" Elective Cesareans

07-20-2015, 06:35 PM #1
Islcastaway1986
Squire
What do you guys think of this growing trend? Are you for or against women choosing to forgo vaginal birth with no medical reason? I'm personally against it because the pain of childbirth is essential imho. Some women are terrified of childbirth and actually argue that it's healthier for the baby. What do you guys think?

07-20-2015, 07:04 PM #2
justjess
Chaplain
have you ever gone through childbirth? its brutally painful and even with the pain meds its rough. i was terrified of it too. i already had a son and and im still terrified of it.

i dont think id ever personally opt for a cesearean if i have another child but i can understand why people would. childbirth is really scary. i just wouldnt want the scar and to damage my abdominal muscles and put myself in a situation where i couldnt snap back from the baby weight.. my vanity outweighs my fear i guess.

07-20-2015, 07:22 PM #3
Islcastaway1986
Squire
I was induced for my daughter and it was excruciating but I understand thats a part of the package. I understand why people would want one i just don't understand why a doctor would do that if its the first child and there is no medical indication that its necessary. But pregnancy is treated like an illness in the US so I understand it, I just don't personally agree with it.

07-20-2015, 08:31 PM #4
justjess
Chaplain
i was induced with my son as well. went from zero to 10000 in no time at all. it was dreadful.

i think drs agree to do it because they can make more money off it, its easier to schedule, and quicker for them.
The following 1 user Likes justjess's post:
  • Islcastaway1986

07-20-2015, 09:19 PM #5
Kung Fu
Chaplain
Women who don't need cesareans but opt for one anyways are not real women but rather products of this fake society.

Prophet Muhammad (SallAllahu alaihi wasalam) said:

"My similitude and that of the life of this world is that of a traveler who took a rest at mid-day under a shade of a tree and then left it."       (Ahmad, at-Tirmidhi, Ibn Majah and al-Hakim)

The following 2 users Like Kung Fu's post:
  • Islcastaway1986, MaryJane

07-20-2015, 11:42 PM #6
FlixKandish
Chaplain
People can do what they want with their bodies, how does it affect you, op?

07-20-2015, 11:54 PM #7
Islcastaway1986
Squire
I'm allowed to make observations of the world am I not? Big Grin  This subject interests me because I am pregnant and looking at childbirth options. At the end of the day cant control what other people decide to do. I just found this not surprising because of the US has a really bad infant/mother mortality rate and cesareans have been shown to increase mortality rates. 

Being afraid of childbirth is understandable to a point, but if I were so scared of childbirth that I didn't want to get pregnant I would probably chose to NOT have children. 

Some people are just horrified of the thought of pushing out a baby. Just seems illogical to me.
The following 1 user Likes Islcastaway1986's post:
  • Kung Fu

07-21-2015, 12:04 AM #8
FlixKandish
Chaplain
"The us has really bad infant/mother mortality rates"...

It's most likely that's not due to c sections but a whole slew of other factors:
http://thinkprogress.org/health/2014/05/...mortality/

It seems logical to me to fear pain, afterall, it's part of our survival instinct.

07-21-2015, 12:16 AM #9
TonyVanDam
Justiciar
(07-20-2015, 06:35 PM)Islcastaway1986 Wrote:  What do you guys think of this growing trend? Are you for or against women choosing to forgo vaginal birth with no medical reason? I'm personally against it because the pain of childbirth is essential imho. Some women are terrified of childbirth and actually argue that it's healthier for the baby. What do you guys think?

Given that I'm a man, I have no opinion on this topic.

07-21-2015, 12:20 AM #10
Islcastaway1986
Squire
http://blogs.scientificamerican.com/obse...tudy-says/

This is what the WHO says about it. I know women will do what they want, and i'm not trying to sound obtuse, but shouldn't the pain of childbirth be something you should be aware of before getting deciding to have a baby? 

I mean fear is natural but it isn't logical. The thought of childbirth scared me the first time but in the end it was't as bad as i thought, but to forego the process all together out of convenience or because some think it's actually better for the baby (Those women who think surgery is better than vaginal birth and not out of medical necessity) , is misinformed. Our bodies were made to handle this. Strength comes from enduring pain. 

I just think our medical system fails so many women when it comes to childbirth. They treat it like it's an illness. A lot of OBGYNs would rather schedule a quick c-section and get back to their golf rather than actually care for individual women's needs. Not blaming the woman as much as the medical establishment that encourages this kind of thing.