#Login Register
The Vigilant Citizen Forums
Is money a necessary evil?

07-19-2015, 05:18 PM #1
The Creeper
Chaplain
I just thought I would throw this question out there.

I know a lot of people see money as a useful tool and im sure a lot of people think that if the global economy fails it will literally be the end of the world.

Personally, I hate money, it is the root of all evil and the tool of our enslavement. The only reason I even want money is because everyone else uses it. I would much rather barter goods and services and do away with the middle men entirely, but that kind of system wouldn't really allow the more ruthless bastards from manipulating their way to the top, so it can't happen in the world as we know it today. I would like to see a society less focussed on greed, the haves and the have nots, and see thing get more educated and about compassion, where everyone just looks out for each other and lives with the world, rather than just on it. I don't have a clue how I would actually go about changing things in this way, im not sure if it even can be done, but I can dream.

Anyway, feel free to discuss the pros and cons of money. Do you think we really need it to live in a "civilised" society?

A fool thinks himself to be wise, but a wise man knows himself to be a fool – William Shakespear

07-19-2015, 05:22 PM #2
Briandao
Chaplain
(07-19-2015, 05:18 PM)The Creeper Wrote:  I just thought I would throw this question out there.

I know a lot of people see money as a useful tool and im sure a lot of people think that if the global economy fails it will literally be the end of the world.

Personally, I hate money, it is the root of all evil and the tool of our enslavement. The only reason I even want money is because everyone else uses it. I would much rather barter goods and services and do away with the middle men entirely, but that kind of system wouldn't really allow the more ruthless bastards from manipulating their way to the top, so it can't happen in the world as we know it today. I would like to see a society less focussed on greed, the haves and the have nots, and see thing get more educated and about compassion, where everyone just looks out for each other and lives with the world, rather than just on it. I don't have a clue how I would actually go about changing things in this way, im not sure if it even can be done, but I can dream.

Anyway, feel free to discuss the pros and cons of money. Do you think we really need it to live in a "civilised" society?

Well, most societies aren't very civilised, so in that regard, no.

But if it isn't money, it will be something else.

Many people want to be on top of the "pyramid" and will do pretty much everything to get there.

I don't believe guns OR money are bad, it's the way they are being used and the judgement of people that make them look bad.

"I ain't 'tryina' preach, I believe I can reach but your mind ain't prepared, I see you when you get there" - Coolio
The following 6 users Like Briandao's post:
  • slave_of_God, Tarikko, umphreak, Thy Unveiling, The Creeper, Dial P For PROFANE

07-19-2015, 06:39 PM #3
Thunderian
Chaplain
Money isn't evil. The love of it is.
The following 6 users Like Thunderian's post:
  • slave_of_God, Thy Unveiling, meltbanana, MaryJane, Dial P For PROFANE, The Creeper

07-19-2015, 06:40 PM #4
The Creeper
Chaplain
Posted by Briandao

I know full well that society is not at all "civilised" that was why I wrote it the way I did, but most people seem the think that all this "modernised, 21st century" bullshit is the freaking pinacle of human achievement, that we have peaked or reached the top. We are still living in the dark ages if you ask me.

Many people want to be on top of the "pyramid" and will do pretty much everything to get there.

I get what you are saying here. This is all part of their plan, the manipulation of money goes way back, I only have to mention the Rothschilds and hopefully everyone who reads this will know the score.

I don't believe guns OR money are bad, it's the way they are being used and the judgement of people that make them look bad.

Thank you for your contribution Briandao. Smile In my judgement money is a bad thing, but I might have a different opinion if I was one of them snooty, rich assholes. Wink The way money is used definately comes into it. When it was actually backed by gold it was a less evil thing (even though you still had rich bastards riding their way to the bank on the backs of the poor), today it is all insanely large numbers on a screen somewhere and we are all going off the rails on a crazy train. Interesting times we live in.

A fool thinks himself to be wise, but a wise man knows himself to be a fool – William Shakespear
The following 4 users Like The Creeper's post:
  • slave_of_God, Thy Unveiling, Briandao, Dial P For PROFANE

07-19-2015, 07:39 PM #5
Dial P For PROFANE
Squire
(07-19-2015, 05:18 PM)The Creeper Wrote:  Personally, I hate money, it is the root of all evil and the tool of our enslavement. The only reason I even want money is because everyone else uses it. I would much rather barter goods and services and do away with the middle men entirely, but that kind of system wouldn't really allow the more ruthless bastards from manipulating their way to the top, so it can't happen in the world as we know it today. I would like to see a society less focussed on greed, the haves and the have nots, and see thing get more educated and about compassion, where everyone just looks out for each other and lives with the world, rather than just on it. I don't have a clue how I would actually go about changing things in this way, im not sure if it even can be done, but I can dream.

That's actually a great idea, and might be more doable than you think.

Consider BitCoin.  It's anonymous (allegedly) and therefore tax-free, which like your idea cuts out government interference (taxation and monitoring transactions) as people and small businesses trade online directly with each other.  I think one of the reasons BitCoin and other e-currency took off was because so many people are tired of our current system.

If you advertised your idea and worked out a standardized exchange system for the value of different goods and services I'm sure lots of people would start using it, I definitely would.  It would also encourage people to start producing their own goods: for example, if you made clothing, raised chickens or grew vegetables you could spend those things just like money.  You'd literally be printing your own money.  If it caught on it would screw both the government AND the corporations: less tax money, less awareness of our transactions, less market share, more means of production in the hands of private citizens.

IMO this is the best idea I've heard in a dog's age.  If you started working on your idea I'm sure lots of people here would give a hand.  I may try this in my area (north of the border), if you don't mind me using your idea...

P Is For Profane - Power To The Profane!

If you think that no one is listening and no one cares, just remember: the government is listening, and the government cares...

They should fear us, not the other way around...
The following 3 users Like Dial P For PROFANE's post:
  • slave_of_God, Thy Unveiling, The Creeper

07-20-2015, 02:02 AM #6
umphreak
Marshall
The idea of getting rid of money and bartering instead is absurd!  Money is just a way to be able to trade goods and services with whoever you want.  There is nothing evil about it.  If you want to barter with the electrician and all you have to trade is homemade aprons and soap, but the electrician doesn't want aprons or soap, well, you're totally out of luck!  But if you sell the aprons and soap to the people who want them (which is easier than ever to do nowadays thanks to the Internet) in exchange for money, you can then use that money to pay the electrician for his or her services.  It's very simple.

Just look at the people who are pushing the idea that money is evil and that we would be better off without it......the goddamn VENUS Project.  That's Venus as in Lucifer.  Their entire premise is that we need worldwide communism run by a central super computer!  I mean, THAT is evil!  It's amazing how we have been conditioned to believe that money is evil, that having money will make you evil, and that wanting to have money is evil and is the same as greed.  None of those things are true!  Having money means you can make a better life for yourself and your loved ones.  It means you would actually have the resources to do good things in the world.  It's hard to help other people or create innovations that would in turn help other people if you don't have resources in the first place.  Think about it.  Being poor is NOT a virtue!  And having a lot of money is NOT a sin!  There are some people who have money who do good and some who do evil, but it is not the money that makes them do it.  Just like there are poor people who do good and poor people who do evil.  Think about it.....
The following 2 users Like umphreak's post:
  • slave_of_God, Thy Unveiling

07-20-2015, 02:15 AM #7
Briandao
Chaplain
(07-19-2015, 06:40 PM)The Creeper Wrote:  Posted by Briandao

I know full well that society is not at all "civilised" that was why I wrote it the way I did, but most people seem the think that all this "modernised, 21st century" bullshit is the freaking pinacle of human achievement, that we have peaked or reached the top. We are still living in the dark ages if you ask me.

I get what you are saying here. This is all part of their plan, the manipulation of money goes way back, I only have to mention the Rothschilds and hopefully everyone who reads this will know the score.

Thank you for your contribution Briandao. Smile In my judgement money is a bad thing, but I might have a different opinion if I was one of them snooty, rich assholes. Wink The way money is used definately comes into it. When it was actually backed by gold it was a less evil thing (even though you still had rich bastards riding their way to the bank on the backs of the poor), today it is all insanely large numbers on a screen somewhere and we are all going off the rails on a crazy train. Interesting times we live in.

I really appreciate your answer and I believe that most of the conversations we have (everyone here on VC) are very constructive and educating by our different opinions and experiences, often because of us living in different places around the globe. Smile

Rothschild, yes. "Lord" Jacob, Evelyn (it's a dude) and Natanael or what it is. 

Rockefeller, Soros, Bush(es), Gates, Buffet and the list goes on and on.
This post was last modified: 07-20-2015, 02:40 AM by Briandao.

"I ain't 'tryina' preach, I believe I can reach but your mind ain't prepared, I see you when you get there" - Coolio
The following 3 users Like Briandao's post:

07-20-2015, 04:20 AM #8
Briandao
Chaplain

To me money, as the tool of power it is and how destructive it is in many ways, it's bad. 

And as Thunderian says, the love of it is bad. 

The obsession with money and what that does to people is a great threat to our way of life. Money (or any other tool of power as I said it would be if we didn't have money)
is the one thing that has managed to make people lose their moral judgement and money seems to have no limits of what it can make a person do. 

I mean, it's not that rare that when a somewhat wealthy person dies, the ones that are supposed to inherit the wealth often start to fight over it, resulting in the family being torn apart. 

People (generally speaking) are also very obsessed with fitting in, to belong somewhere. 

They pretend liking something,  buying a certain product and doing all kinds of things just to be a part of something. 

I try to live in the opposite direction, doing things that doesn't follow the "norm" or what the society expects. 

When my second son was born, people in our families started to ask when we are going to get married, buy a house and maybe get a dog. 

I can't understand why people think there is something saying that once you've had your kids, you are supposed to buy a house, car (which we already got) and a bloody pet. 

How fun is it if we all live our lives in the same way? Where is the diversity in that? 

I never want to buy a house. I'm not handy whatsoever, so just fixing things would ruin me, but then you have to keep the house in good "shape", so your vacations will be used as a time to work harder than you do at your job.

Finally, a house is expensive as shit and you pay for much more than if you rent (as we do) or buy an apartment. 

Yes, I know, when you sell your house you accumulate quite some money, but if you look at all you spend on the house buying it, paying off loans with interest and having it renovated and "in shape" over a period of time, I don't think you actually make such a big profit when selling it. 

That's just my opinion and theory.

(07-20-2015, 04:20 AM)Briandao Wrote:  

To me money, as the tool of power it is and how destructive it is in many ways, it's bad. 

And as Thunderian says, the love of it is bad. 

The obsession with money and what that does to people is a great threat to our way of life. Money (or any other tool of power as I said it would be if we didn't have money)
is the one thing that has managed to make people lose their moral judgement and money seems to have no limits of what it can make a person do. 

I mean, it's not that rare that when a somewhat wealthy person dies, the ones that are supposed to inherit the wealth often start to fight over it, resulting in the family being torn apart. 

People (generally speaking) are also very obsessed with fitting in, to belong somewhere. 

They pretend liking something,  buying a certain product and doing all kinds of things just to be a part of something. 

I try to live in the opposite direction, doing things that doesn't follow the "norm" or what the society expects. 

When my second son was born, people in our families started to ask when we are going to get married, buy a house and maybe get a dog. 

I can't understand why people think there is something saying that once you've had your kids, you are supposed to buy a house, car (which we already got) and a bloody pet. 

How fun is it if we all live our lives in the same way? Where is the diversity in that? 

I never want to buy a house. I'm not handy whatsoever, so just fixing things would ruin me, but then you have to keep the house in good "shape", so your vacations will be used as a time to work harder than you do at your job.

Finally, a house is expensive as shit and you pay for much more than if you rent (as we do) or buy an apartment. 

Yes, I know, when you sell your house you accumulate quite some money, but if you look at all you spend on the house buying it, paying off loans with interest and having it renovated and "in shape" over a period of time, I don't think you actually make such a big profit when selling it. 

That's just my opinion and theory.

When I read my own post, I noticed that I got OT, but in someway it answers the question. Doing things in your own way, using money in a positive way can actually make money less destructive. 

It's all about how you use it. 

No matter if it's about money or life itself, don't do what people expect and want you to do. 

Do what YOU want to do. Don't let people's pressure take away your good judgment.
This post was last modified: 07-20-2015, 04:25 AM by Briandao.

The following 3 users Like Briandao's post:

07-20-2015, 05:52 AM #9
Emerald
Chaplain
(07-19-2015, 05:18 PM)The Creeper Wrote:  I just thought I would throw this question out there.

Money is not evil, ppl are. How are money to blame if idiots use them in a bad way? How is fire to blame if an imbecile misuses it? How can u blame objects, things? Really? Root of all evil, yada, yada, bullshit....
This post was last modified: 07-20-2015, 05:53 AM by Emerald.

People who surrender their former religious beliefs have got to be some of the smartest and bravest people in the world because they set out to find truth even while under the threat of "eternal damnations". George Carlin
The following 2 users Like Emerald's post:
  • slave_of_God, Annonymous Damsel

07-20-2015, 07:25 AM #10
Briandao
Chaplain
(07-20-2015, 05:52 AM)Emerald Wrote:  

Money is not evil, ppl are. How are money to blame if idiots use them in a bad way? How is fire to blame if an imbecile misuses it? How can u blame objects, things? Really? Root of all evil, yada, yada, bullshit....

I would agree with you, but there are exceptions when objects are evil. How so you explain my bed hitting my toes when I walked by it yesterday?

The following 2 users Like Briandao's post:
  • slave_of_God, HongKongHoward