#Login Register
The Vigilant Citizen Forums
Jesus says: Come to Me

07-09-2015, 02:09 PM #1
Lisa
Chaplain
Matthew 11:28-30
Come to Me, all who are weary and heavy-laden, and I will give you rest. Take My yoke upon you and learn from Me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. For My yoke is easy and My burden is light.

Beloved, do not believe every spirit, but test the spirits to see whether they are from God, because many false prophets have gone out into the world.  1John 4:1

Be of sober spirit, be on the alert. Your adversary the devil, prowls around like a roaring lion, seeking someone to devour. 1 Peter 5:8
The following 8 users Like Lisa's post:
  • Smooch, Vytas, martin71, HankScorpio, Isaiah53, , Todd, That1kid

07-09-2015, 02:29 PM #2
zenith
Marshall
The following 3 users Like zenith's post:
  • Goku, Annonymous Damsel, The Creeper

07-09-2015, 03:10 PM #3
Lisa
Chaplain
(07-09-2015, 02:29 PM)zenith Wrote:  İmage

No, that's not it at all. Perhaps you should reread what I posted?

Beloved, do not believe every spirit, but test the spirits to see whether they are from God, because many false prophets have gone out into the world.  1John 4:1

Be of sober spirit, be on the alert. Your adversary the devil, prowls around like a roaring lion, seeking someone to devour. 1 Peter 5:8

07-09-2015, 03:55 PM #4
Todd
Chaplain
(07-09-2015, 02:09 PM)Lisa Wrote:  Matthew 11:28-30
Come to Me, all who are weary and heavy-laden, and I will give you rest. Take My yoke upon you and learn from Me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. For My yoke is easy and My burden is light.

Thank you, I love this verse.  Any doctrine or teaching that obligates you to do anything that becomes a heavy burden, should be seriously questioned in light of this verse!

Then shall the king say to those on his right hand, Come ye, the blessed of my Father, inherit the reign that hath been prepared for you from the foundation of the world;

And the king answering, shall say to them, Verily I say to you, Inasmuch as ye did to one of these my brethren -- the least -- to me ye did
The following 3 users Like Todd's post:
  • Smooch, Isaiah53,

07-09-2015, 04:11 PM #5
Lisa
Chaplain
(07-09-2015, 03:55 PM)Todd Wrote:  

Thank you, I love this verse.  Any doctrine or teaching that obligates you to do anything that becomes a heavy burden, should be seriously questioned in light of this verse!

Your welcome, though I wish I had thought to put bold in it like you did, very nicely done.  God is Good!!!

A-Omega Show this Post
07-10-2015, 06:32 AM #6
A-Omega Unregistered

(07-09-2015, 03:55 PM)Todd Wrote:  

That would be every other religion in the world outside of Biblical Christianity.
The following 3 users Like A-Omega's post:
  • Smooch, Isaiah53, Todd

07-11-2015, 03:52 PM #7
zenith
Marshall

This post was last modified: 07-11-2015, 03:54 PM by zenith.

07-11-2015, 05:02 PM #8
Annonymous Damsel
Marshall
Hahahahahahahaha Jesus says come at me bro.Hahhahaha stop it guys.?
The following 3 users Like Annonymous Damsel's post:
  • EnquiringMind, zenith, The Creeper

07-11-2015, 07:43 PM #9
The Creeper
Chaplain
Posted by Annonymous Damsel

It makes me laugh as well. Pure awesomeness and Lisa's response makes it even better Big Grin

I don't want to mock the christians here, you are all wonderful people, but you have to admit that what zenith posted is really funny. Its good to have a laugh now and then.
This post was last modified: 07-11-2015, 07:47 PM by The Creeper.

A fool thinks himself to be wise, but a wise man knows himself to be a fool – William Shakespear
The following 1 user Likes The Creeper's post:
  • zenith

07-12-2015, 08:15 AM #10
Lisa
Chaplain
(07-11-2015, 07:43 PM)The Creeper Wrote:  Posted by Annonymous Damsel

It makes me laugh as well. Pure awesomeness and Lisa's response makes it even better Big Grin

I don't want to mock the christians here, you are all wonderful people, but you have to admit that what zenith posted is  really funny. Its good to have a laugh now and then.

So you're saying one eyed Jesus with the sun symbol around his heart was meant to be funny and not mocking?
We won't mention the wording....

The following 4 users Like Lisa's post:
  • anne, Smooch, Vytas, The Creeper