#Login Register
The Vigilant Citizen Forums
Being John Malkovich - Kaufman

07-09-2015, 03:18 AM #1
freedmind
Marshall
Plot:
An emotional kind woman (cameron diaz) chooses to start a family with a manly women instead of her femaley husband. They have a daughter. The new core family?
At the end of the film, the daughter is seen swimming under water: she's in the dark, she doesn't know.
She doesn't know, that there's an elite prepared to use her body as a vessel to store their aging dying soul in, when the time is right.

This can be interpreted, as always, in many different ways.
In scientology e.g. we know they consider human bodies vessels and prisons for souls.
Is it possible that somewhere on earth, there are people trying to find out a way how to live forever, physically?
Time is the only thing they can't buy more of. (Unless they want to keep buying fresh childrens organs on the black market from poor families in eastern europe and china.)

In the film: the man (john cusack) looks more like a woman than the manly woman(Keener). He has long hair and plays with dolls, yes, he's a puppeteer. SHE has short hair, business clothes and a business style. She's a straightshooter, with a traditionally manly trait: how to make money. She's the one getting the idea to make money from the door into Malkovich's head.

So, is this some sort of paradise for certain people?
A world in which the core family consists of women only, because they are beta programmed and under control.
With the goal to to use their young daughters as vessels for their souls, so they can live forever?

This is a futuristic view for some. It's an idea i definitely think belongs with the rest of interesting ideas regarding the
end goal for the planet, according to some.

What do you think?

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0120601/
https://www.youtube.com/results?search_q...+malkovich

also, it all starts at 7th heaven; the floor between the 7th and 8th.
Where the communication is distorted and it's all about sex.
The relationship between (diaz) and (cusack) is off. It's a marriage of conveniance at the point we're introduced.
This post was last modified: 07-09-2015, 03:29 AM by freedmind.

only love can

07-09-2015, 12:44 PM #2
DiscoStu
Marshall
Interesting points, thanks for sharing. I've only seen BJM once but it would be worth a repeat to look for more things.

I always thought the Orson Bean character was rather sinister.
The following 1 user Likes DiscoStu's post:
  • freedmind

07-09-2015, 02:16 PM #3
SheWatches
Justiciar
I always felt BJM and 'Eternal Sunshine for the Spotless Mind' shared similar film themes; a sort of surreal, stream-of-consciousness approach with very clever visuals.  You sort of feel  these films to understand them better than just thinking about them would.

How do they get the "m" on the M&M?
The following 1 user Likes SheWatches's post:
  • freedmind

07-10-2015, 04:20 AM #4
freedmind
Marshall
(07-09-2015, 12:44 PM)DiscoStu Wrote:  Interesting points, thanks for sharing. I've only seen BJM once but it would be worth a repeat to look for more things.

I always thought the Orson Bean character was rather sinister.

Yes he is sinister. And it's scary cause he seems completely oblivious to the fact what he's doing is off.

The emotional woman is at one point put in a litteral cage, along with other animals, by the feminine man who's suppose to be her husband, love her and cherish her and all that.

When all he is is a dead beat sleeping all day, playing with puppets with mind totally occupied on sex, while she's busy saving animals from harm.

One fun bit is when he comes home from work and (diaz) sees he's got a black eye, she bursts out "oh no NOT AGAIN" XD
This post was last modified: 07-10-2015, 04:23 AM by freedmind.

only love can