#Login Register
The Vigilant Citizen Forums

What about hermaphrodites?

07-02-2015, 12:30 AM #1
All Creation
In the wake of the recent Supreme Court ruling legalizing same-sex marriage, I have stated that I am straight and somewhere in between in the born-that-way vs. choice debate regarding homosexuality. However, something else that has been on my mind: There are some people (hermaphrodites) who actually have both male and female sexual organs (I actually met a couple of people who claimed to be such while I was in college) so that they are not just mentally but physically bisexual/transsexual. Now, those people can legitimately say that they were 'born that way', but they certainly did not have a choice in the matter. From the Christian and Muslim perspectives, as well as other people of faith, what are those people supposed to do in terms of gender and sexual identity?

07-02-2015, 04:02 PM #2
The Creeper
I believe that you are what you are.

Saying that, I have never met a hermaphrodite and I could understand how they might be a bit confused growing up. It can't be easy for them when they get to school either, children can be very cruel sometimes. At the end of the day we are all human, no matter what our colour, creed, gender or sexuality. We all bleed red and want to love and be loved. Is a persons soul really affected by their gender? Can we not engage with other people on a purely human basis? The differences are minor in my opinion and it would be a very dull world if we were all the same.

I actually have a theory that everyone/thing in the world is bi-sexual but you just lean more one way than the other, but that is a whole new debate.

A fool thinks himself to be wise, but a wise man knows himself to be a fool – William Shakespear
The following 1 user Likes The Creeper's post:
  • somewhatconcerned

07-02-2015, 04:13 PM #3
Kung Fu
And Islamic scholars realize this and support the person in whatever gender they decide to choose seeing as there's surgical options available for said people.

Prophet Muhammad (SallAllahu alaihi wasalam) said:

"My similitude and that of the life of this world is that of a traveler who took a rest at mid-day under a shade of a tree and then left it."       (Ahmad, at-Tirmidhi, Ibn Majah and al-Hakim)

The following 1 user Likes Kung Fu's post:
  • somewhatconcerned