#Login Register
The Vigilant Citizen Forums
Greek Bailout

07-01-2015, 01:39 PM #1
justjess
Chaplain
theres a guy in london that has started an indiegogo fund to bail out the greeks and allow them freedom from their debt and the global banks.. anyway, thought it was a worthy cause. so posting it here.

https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/greek...und#/story

apparently if every euro citizen donated $3 then greece would be free
The following 2 users Like justjess's post:
  • pizza, freedmind

07-01-2015, 02:16 PM #2
SheWatches
Justiciar
You know it would be amazing if everyone did do that... I think the Greek people are at the point they could care less about the bailout, they want to give both the IMF and the proposed austerity measures the finger.  They're not even interested in being part of the EU anymore (at least that's what I heard) so using EU membership or lack of as a threat isn't going to work.

How do they get the "m" on the M&M?

07-02-2015, 09:50 AM #3
Kung Fu
Chaplain
Greece just needs to default and start over again. And they would if it wasn't for their government puppets who are trying to find a way around it Shy

Prophet Muhammad (SallAllahu alaihi wasalam) said:

"My similitude and that of the life of this world is that of a traveler who took a rest at mid-day under a shade of a tree and then left it."       (Ahmad, at-Tirmidhi, Ibn Majah and al-Hakim)

07-02-2015, 01:41 PM #4
Gorilla
Marshall
Something tells me a Grexit will never happen, even when it's the only viable option Greece has.

If they had quit years ago, they wouldn't have been in this mess. They, and every other EU state, needs leadership with proper balls to end the charade, the quick and painful way. In a year or so they will have recovered and probably even boom, which is exactly what gets those Eurocrats' knickers in a twist: a successful exit from the eurozone.

Wouldn't want other countries following Greek's example now.

It's a little like wrestling a gorilla. You don't quit when you're tired - you quit when the gorilla is tired.

07-09-2015, 10:32 AM #5
Briandao
Chaplain
At "my" bank's website, I read about the Greeks voting down on more austerity and here is, translated, what they finished their article with:

"What to expect?

On Sunday night, greeks celebrated the "no" in Athens. The question is what they were celebrating? More of a great uncertainty?

Most analysts estimates that the likelihood of Greece leaving the EMU has increased.
But one shouldn't underestimate the political will to keep the monetary cooperation intact. To be continued."

Wow, not biased at all...

"I ain't 'tryina' preach, I believe I can reach but your mind ain't prepared, I see you when you get there" - Coolio

07-09-2015, 01:27 PM #6
monkey
Marshall
(07-09-2015, 10:32 AM)Briandao Wrote:  At "my" bank's website, I read about the Greeks voting down on more austerity and here is, translated, what they finished their article with:

"What to expect?

On Sunday night, greeks celebrated the "no" in Athens. The question is what they were celebrating? More of a great uncertainty?

Most analysts estimates that the likelihood of Greece leaving the EMU has increased.
But one shouldn't underestimate the political will to keep the monetary cooperation intact. To be continued."

Sadly, it is probably true, the government won't default, what is more likely is them having their banks closed for a long, long time, and goodbye to the money you had in them for that much time

Leaving the EU, they don't have their own currency, and if they get it, no one's going to buy it from them. How will they pay the imports for food which they use? Tourists won't flock to Greece at this time

It might have worked if their government had planned for this, already printed notes, and was ready to default. But now? Months and months before anything can happen, and no doubt planned

07-09-2015, 01:30 PM #7
Briandao
Chaplain
(07-09-2015, 01:27 PM)monkey Wrote:  
(07-09-2015, 10:32 AM)Briandao Wrote:  At "my" bank's website, I read about the Greeks voting down on more austerity and here is, translated, what they finished their article with:

"What to expect?

Sadly, it is probably true, the government won't default, what is more likely is them having their banks closed for a long, long time, and goodbye to the money you had in them for that much time

Leaving the EU, they don't have their own currency, and if they get it, no one's going to buy it from them. How will they pay the imports for food which they use? Tourists won't flock to Greece at this time

It might have worked if their government had planned for this, already printed notes, and was ready to default. But now? Months and months before anything can happen, and no doubt planned

Yes, but going through all these layers of austerity won't work in the long run either. 

Two paths going straight to hell.

"I ain't 'tryina' preach, I believe I can reach but your mind ain't prepared, I see you when you get there" - Coolio

07-09-2015, 01:33 PM #8
monkey
Marshall
(07-09-2015, 01:30 PM)Briandao Wrote:  

"What to expect?

Yes, but going through all these layers of austerity won't work in the long run either. 

Absolutely, and Greece will now probably be used as an example to cut on benefits. Taking advantage of the problems in one place to make life worse off for the poorer, typical

They've already started in the UK, you can't give so much to people in work benefits, do you want to end up like Greece? No, people don't need housing benefits.... etc, etc

07-09-2015, 01:54 PM #9
Briandao
Chaplain
(07-09-2015, 01:33 PM)monkey Wrote:  

"What to expect?

Absolutely, and Greece will now probably be used as an example to cut on benefits. Taking advantage of the problems in one place to make life worse off for the poorer, typical

They've already started in the UK, you can't give so much to people in work benefits, do you want to end up like Greece? No, people don't need housing benefits.... etc, etc

I can't for the life of me understand why we ALL can't live together in mutual happiness?

I know, people want more and more, so someone has to suffer, but still?

Everybody could be happy and enjoy life.

I wanna scream, but I can't.

The following 1 user Likes Briandao's post:
  • monkey

07-09-2015, 01:58 PM #10
monkey
Marshall
(07-09-2015, 01:54 PM)Briandao Wrote:  
(07-09-2015, 01:33 PM)monkey Wrote:  

"What to expect?

I can't for the life of me understand why we ALL can't live together in mutual happiness?

I know, people want more and more, so someone has to suffer, but still?

Everybody could be happy and enjoy life.

I wanna scream, but I can't.

I want to think they can't be human, and I can believe that of the elite

Yet, people support these policies and support people calling for odious measures that would make lives worse off for the poorer, and according to polls, this isn't 1-2%, it's over 30-35%. They can't all be non-human, but God, how brainwashed are we now as a race that we don't feel the slightest empathy for others and instead trample over the poor so we can remain well off?