#Login Register
The Vigilant Citizen Forums
Can a Christian apostate be re-saved?

Yesterday, 02:04 AM #1
Sidhuriel
Chaplain
I am very curious about this since the video Art posted in the Muslim converts thread of a Christian who turned Muslim and then became a Christian again.

I recall some Christians saying that it isn't possible to ''crucify Christ twice''' yet it seems there is a major difference of opinion between several Christian denominations about this.

The most mainstream opinion seems to be that everyone is welcome to return to Christ no matter what they did, and they use the verse about the prodigal son as an example of God's love for the lost sheep.
http://www.bible-knowledge.com/backslidi...-you-back/

Also this verse:
1 John 2:19 declares, “They went out from us, but they did not really belong to us. For if they had belonged to us, they would have remained with us; but their going showed that none of them belonged to us.”

https://gotquestions.org/backsliding-Christian.html

Now I know that there are Christians opposing this, so I am curious about your views.

Can someone who left Christianity come back?
This post was last modified: Yesterday, 02:04 AM by Sidhuriel.

Darkness cannot drive out darkness
Only light can do that
Hate can't drive out hate
Only love can do that
Heart
The following 1 user Likes Sidhuriel's post:
  • The Creeper

Yesterday, 02:15 AM #2
Thunderian
Chaplain
I believe that once a person is saved, they are unable to lose it, even through apostasy.

Our salvation isn't based on anything that we do, but on Christ, so there is nothing we can do to lose it. Jesus promised he would never leave us or forsake us, so we're stuck with each other.
The following 1 user Likes Thunderian's post:
  • The Creeper

Yesterday, 02:19 AM #3
Sidhuriel
Chaplain
(Yesterday, 02:15 AM)Thunderian Wrote:  I believe that once a person is saved, they are unable to lose it, even through apostasy.

Our salvation isn't based on anything that we do, but on Christ, so there is nothing we can do to lose it.  Jesus promised he would never leave us or forsake us, so we're stuck with each other.

So that would mean that everyone who was once a Christian is saved?

No matter if they die belonging to another religion?

Can you explain that a little please Smile

Only light can do that
Only love can do that
Heart
The following 2 users Like Sidhuriel's post:
  • The Creeper, Tarikko

Yesterday, 03:30 AM #4
Thunderian
Chaplain
How do you return a gift given to you by the Almighty?  

There is no such thing as someone who was "once a Christian."  Once you are saved, you are saved for good.  If we could lose or refuse our salvation, none of us would be saved for very long.  God knows how weak we are, and that's why our salvation rests solely on his work, and not ours.

Jesus said, "I give unto them eternal life; and they shall never perish, neither shall any man pluck them out of my hand."

When we accept salvation, we are filled with the spirit of God and our souls are sealed for eternity.  We can't lose our salvation and it can't be taken from us.

It's written in the word of God:

For I am persuaded, that neither death, nor life, nor angels, nor principalities, nor powers, nor things present, nor things to come, nor height, nor depth, nor any other creature, shall be able to separate us from the love of God, which is in Christ Jesus our Lord.

You can join another religion, but why would you?  If you are sincere when you accepted Christ, he will remember you.

The Bible says: If we believe not, yet he abideth faithful: he cannot deny himself.  He lives in believers, even when they stop believing.

Yes, this means that a person can be saved and then lead an ungodly life, even serving other gods, but still go to heaven when they die.
The following 1 user Likes Thunderian's post:
  • Sidhuriel

Yesterday, 04:05 AM #5
Sidhuriel
Chaplain
(Yesterday, 03:30 AM)Thunderian Wrote:  How do you return a gift given to you by the Almighty?  

There is no such thing as someone who was "once a Christian."  Once you are saved, you are saved for good.  If we could lose or refuse our salvation, none of us would be saved for very long.  God knows how weak we are, and that's why our salvation rests solely on his work, and not ours.

Jesus said, "I give unto them eternal life; and they shall never perish, neither shall any man pluck them out of my hand."

When we accept salvation, we are filled with the spirit of God and our souls are sealed for eternity.  We can't lose our salvation and it can't be taken from us.

It's written in the word of God:

For I am persuaded, that neither death, nor life, nor angels, nor principalities, nor powers, nor things present, nor things to come, nor height, nor depth, nor any other creature, shall be able to separate us from the love of God, which is in Christ Jesus our Lord.

You can join another religion, but why would you?  If you are sincere when you accepted Christ, he will remember you.

The Bible says: If we believe not, yet he abideth faithful: he cannot deny himself.  He lives in believers, even when they stop believing.

Yes, this means that a person can be saved and then lead an ungodly life, even serving other gods, but still go to heaven when they die.

I like your idea of Christ.  It sounds truly compassionate. 

Thank you for your answer Big Grin

How does one reckognize true salvation then?

Only light can do that
Only love can do that
Heart
The following 2 users Like Sidhuriel's post:
  • The Creeper, Thunderian

Yesterday, 04:09 AM #6
Tarikko
Chaplain
I don't think Lisa is gonna be too happy reading your reply Thund Tongue

“The lies (Western slander) which well-meaning zeal has heaped round this man (Muhammad) are disgraceful to ourselves only.”

― Thomas Carlyle, On Heroes, Hero Worship and the Heroic in History

The following 1 user Likes Tarikko's post:
  • The Creeper

Yesterday, 04:45 AM #7
btor
Marshall
Is somebody telling God whom he can save? end of discussion WRT me.

Distinguished Member of the MMOCC, Modern Mainstream Orthodox Christian Church. Founded oct. 2016, in holy war with the infidel mockers of the Sacred Cube of Analogy since nov. 2016.

Yesterday, 04:48 AM #8
Thunderian
Chaplain
(Yesterday, 04:05 AM)Sidhuriel Wrote:  I like your idea of Christ.  It sounds truly compassionate.

... and his name shall be called Wonderful, Counsellor, The mighty God, The everlasting Father, The Prince of Peace.

Quote:How does one reckognize true salvation then?

How do you or I recognize if someone is truly saved or not?  There's no way for anyone to know for sure if another person is saved.  It's not based on anything outward, but on what is in the heart.  There are many people who can fake being a good person, and there a lot who are saved but you would never know it.  Only God and the individual know for sure.

Having said that, there have been many times when I've met someone and had the feeling they were a Christian.  I will generally ask them if they are, and when I have, the answer has always been yes.
The following 2 users Like Thunderian's post:
  • Sidhuriel, The Creeper

Yesterday, 05:29 AM #9
Yahda
Chaplain
God says turn to him and be ye saved Isaiah 45:22 Turn to me and be saved all the ends of the earth 

For I AM GOD AND THERE IS NO ONE ELSE 

BY MYSELF I have sworn 

The word has gone out of my mouth in righteousness and it will not return

To ME every knee will bow and every toungue will confess loyalty "

Btw no one is going to the heavens above. That was not the promise. God's REMNANT will return to the promised land here on earth

Isaiah 45:17 But Israel will be SAVED with an everlasting salvation 

:20 Gather together and come. Approach together, you escapes from the nations. They know nothing who carry around carved images and PRAY TO A god THAT CAN NOT SAVE THEM 

There is no other God but me. A righteous God and SAV(e)ior
This post was last modified: Yesterday, 05:34 AM by Yahda.

~Yahda
The following 1 user Likes Yahda's post:
  • The Creeper

Yesterday, 06:50 AM #10
The Creeper
Chaplain
Watch out. You might get people trying to "save you" now, Sid because you made this thread.

Big Grin

Most people who talk to me end up saying that I am a lost cause....

....and I love it Heart

A fool thinks himself to be wise, but a wise man knows himself to be a fool – William Shakespear
The following 3 users Like The Creeper's post:
  • Artful Revealer, Tarikko, Sidhuriel