#Login Register
The Vigilant Citizen Forums
Do We Start Mentally Preparing Ourselves For a Future Economic Collapse, or War?

Yesterday, 12:10 AM #1
Asia Teacher
Knight
Thread removed by the author as unsuitable for this forum.
This post was last modified: Yesterday, 07:27 PM by Asia Teacher.

Yesterday, 12:16 AM #2
Asia Teacher
Knight
Let’s see what comments this thread produces and whether it’s hijacked by the believers, the dumb or personal attacks and whether posting threads here is worth the trouble, or simply a question of the more you write, the more stupidity it attracts. A test of the moderation skills here? Smile
This post was last modified: Yesterday, 12:20 AM by Asia Teacher.

Yesterday, 03:44 AM #3
Thunderian
Chaplain
I'm mentally prepared for both.

Yesterday, 04:55 AM #4
The Creeper
Chaplain
Wars are constant for as long as people are stupid enough to fight them, and they will always be stupid enough....

The global economic collapse is all but inevitable at this point. I would throw a party when it finally does, if it doesn't get stomped out by the jackbooted thugs.

The solution, funnily enough, I got from religion....

"Be in this world like a stranger"

You can't really control what goes on in the world or what other people think, you do effect it in a limited capacity but you can only really control yourself and attempt to give a good example. If everyone else wants to kill each other for stupid reasons, I say let them. I got better things to do.

We can lament about how things were better "back in the day" but this isn't something that is coming. It already is. How you deal with things is what defines you as a person, it shows your character.

Is what I am saying here really so bad?

I'm ready for wars, economic collapse, 10 different people to jump this post because it is me saying it, all that. I actually expect it at this point and I couldn't care less.

Peace be upon you.

A fool thinks himself to be wise, but a wise man knows himself to be a fool – William Shakespear
The following 4 users Like The Creeper's post:
  • DesertRose1, Kung Fu, Tarikko, Alex

Yesterday, 05:11 AM #5
Asia Teacher
Knight
(Yesterday, 04:55 AM)The Creeper Wrote:  Wars are constant for as long as people are stupid enough to fight them, and they will always be stupid enough....

The global economic collapse is all but inevitable at this point. I would throw a party when it finally does, if it doesn't get stomped out by the jackbooted thugs.

The solution, funnily enough, I got from religion....

You can't really control what goes on in the world or what other people think, you do effect it in a limited capacity but you can only really control yourself and attempt to give a good example. If everyone else wants to kill each other for stupid reasons, I say let them. I got better things to do.

We can lament about how things were better "back in the day" but this isn't something that is coming. It already is. How you deal with things is what defines you as a person, it shows your character.

Is what I am saying here really so bad?

I'm ready for wars, economic collapse, 10 different people to jump this post because it is me saying it, all that. I actually expect it at this point and I couldn't care less.

Peace be upon you.

That’s fair enough, but unfortunately no one can stay out of the way of nuclear devices or an economic collapse. The political point is what happens in a west without welfare and government dependency. 

That’s a good point. It’s why I travel and look on life as an adventure. Doesn’t suit everyone, but I prefer to have some memories at the end of it.

"Peace be upon you"
Not much of that around here Wink
This post was last modified: Yesterday, 05:12 AM by Asia Teacher.
The following 1 user Likes Asia Teacher's post:
  • The Creeper

Yesterday, 05:23 AM #6
The Creeper
Chaplain
(Yesterday, 05:11 AM)Asia Teacher Wrote:  That’s fair enough, but unfortunately no one can stay out of the way of nuclear devices or an economic collapse. The political point is what happens in a west without welfare and government dependency. 

We cannot avoid death either, even the earth itself is one day doomed to destruction. My point is, why worry about it?

I'm not over keen on relying on any government anyway...

That’s a good point. It’s why I travel and look on life as an adventure. Doesn’t suit everyone, but I prefer to have some memories at the end of it.

"or a traveler" are the next words in that Hadith. I will share the whole Hadith.

On the authority of Abdullah ibn Umar (ra), who said:

The Messenger of Allah (saw) took me by the shoulder and said, “Be in this world as though you were a stranger or a wayfarer.”
And Ibn Umar (ra) used to say, “In the evening do not expect [to live until] the morning, and in the morning do not expect [to live until] the evening. Take [advantage of] your health before times of sickness, and [take advantage of] your life before your death.”

[Bukhari]

"Peace be upon you"
Not much of that around here Wink

Your telling me Rolleyes it never ends

It is an ideal we all aspire to, but clearly, it is impossible to have true peace in this life.

Que sera sera.
This post was last modified: Yesterday, 05:29 AM by The Creeper.

A fool thinks himself to be wise, but a wise man knows himself to be a fool – William Shakespear
The following 2 users Like The Creeper's post:
  • DesertRose1, Tarikko

Yesterday, 06:47 AM #7
Alex
Chaplain
(Yesterday, 12:16 AM)Asia Teacher Wrote:  Let’s see what comments this thread produces and whether it’s hijacked by the believers, the dumb or personal attacks and whether posting threads here is worth the trouble, or simply a question of the more you write, the more stupidity it attracts. A test of the moderation skills here? Smile

Personal attacks? I suggest you grow thicker skin on the internet Smile. We all get attacked on these boards. Even the only acting mod (Hex) takes abuse now and then.

Ya know what they say, what doesn't kill you makes you stronger. Just friendly advice, so don't take it the wrong way.

Hijacked by the believers? Care to elaborate?

"My heart is at ease knowing that what was meant for me will never
miss me and that what misses me was never meant for me"

~Umar Ibn Al-Khattab (ra)

The following 4 users Like Alex's post:
  • Thunderian, DesertRose1, Tarikko, The Creeper

Yesterday, 07:08 AM #8
Asia Teacher
Knight
(Yesterday, 06:47 AM)Alex Wrote:  
(Yesterday, 12:16 AM)Asia Teacher Wrote:  Let’s see what comments this thread produces and whether it’s hijacked by the believers, the dumb or personal attacks and whether posting threads here is worth the trouble, or simply a question of the more you write, the more stupidity it attracts. A test of the moderation skills here? Smile

Personal attacks?  I suggest you grow thicker skin on the internet  Smile. We all get attacked on these boards.  Even the only acting mod (Hex) takes abuse now and then.

Ya know what they say, what doesn't kill you makes you stronger.   Just friendly advice, so don't take it the wrong way.

Hijacked by the believers?  Care to elaborate?

Do I want to elaborate? No, it would only attract the crazies Smile
Seriously though, I think at some point you’re going to start having problems as people give up posting material and the board develops into a series of one liner squabbles and abuse. That’s something that happens to all forums at some time and I’m sure VC is aware of that. Just my opinion, but go and look for yourself; there’s very little quality or substance available.

Yesterday, 07:25 AM #9
Armass
Marshall
This forum is a joke I stopped taking it seriously. It is always the same people repeating the same thing and/or repeating the same personal attacks over and over. The administration is very bad and good monitoring of the quality of the posts is not present at all. That is why I stick with the lounge games. The low population of the forums forces you to read the opinions of the same people over and over and over again.
The following 3 users Like Armass's post:
  • Thunderian, Tarikko, The Creeper

Yesterday, 07:31 AM #10
Alex
Chaplain
(Yesterday, 07:08 AM)Asia Teacher Wrote:  
(Yesterday, 06:47 AM)Alex Wrote:  

Personal attacks?  I suggest you grow thicker skin on the internet  Smile. We all get attacked on these boards.  Even the only acting mod (Hex) takes abuse now and then.

Ya know what they say, what doesn't kill you makes you stronger.   Just friendly advice, so don't take it the wrong way.

Hijacked by the believers?  Care to elaborate?

Do I want to elaborate? No, it would only attract the crazies Smile
Seriously though, I think at some point you’re going to start having problems as people give up posting material and the board develops into a series of one liner squabbles and abuse. That’s something that happens to all forums at some time and I’m sure VC is aware of that. Just my opinion, but go and look for yourself; there’s very little quality or substance available.

While I've only been here bout a year, some have been here for multiple years, through all of VC's incantations.  Hes had multiple forums.  A few people like Jess have been with VC forever.

People come and go, some stay.  Others don't get past 50 posts.  You have both extremes here really.  A few are refused entry and make enough socks to carry threads all on there own. .  SoG was the last "evicted" and he made 4 or 5 socks to my knowledge. However Aiylish remains the queen with alts easily into the double digits.

Idk, find what interests you i guess. The core group here is decent.  I've certainly seen worse.  One board i was on mods just gave up and people hit the bottom.  I remember one guy changing his avatar to damaged male genitals for no other reason then to offend.  

One things that's nice here is VC stays on top of bots and spam.  Its pretty rare to see a bot trying to tell you how he made $5000 last week.  Even if there is no real "moderation" here.  The boards are pretty well watched.

Far as VC's user base... some are clearly only here to argue.  Others complain about the arguing.  Others have left because of the pissing contests.  

If you like the boards and the people, be the change you want to see. For instance make more quality threads.  If its a topic that interests me I'll help you keep it afloat.  

If you don't, well theres literally a million different forums out there.  

Peace AT.

(Yesterday, 07:25 AM)Armass Wrote:  This forum is a joke I stopped taking it seriously. It is always the same people repeating the same thing and/or repeating the same personal attacks over and over. The administration is very bad and good monitoring of the quality of the posts is not present at all. That is why I stick with the lounge games. The low population of the forums forces you to read the opinions of the same people over and over and over again.

Haven't really noticed repetition here but i don't read half the posts either. Time doesn't allow it for me really.

Seeing the user base hardly changes, the same faces. You kinda have to expect some monotony.
When you talk to the same people for months the same convos are bound to come up.
This post was last modified: Yesterday, 07:36 AM by Alex.

"My heart is at ease knowing that what was meant for me will never
miss me and that what misses me was never meant for me"

~Umar Ibn Al-Khattab (ra)

The following 5 users Like Alex's post:
  • Orwell's mentor, DesertRose1, Tarikko, Asia Teacher, The Creeper