#Login Register
The Vigilant Citizen Forums
Leah Remini's AMA Concerning Scientology

12-01-2016, 12:09 PM #1
Loki
Chaplain
I'm posting this in Religions in a very loose sense. Perhaps it would belong more in General, but since it is still technically a "Church" and "religion" I think it fits here.

I haven't read the entire AMA by any means yet but plan to read throughout the next couple of days. Back when I was first discovering this site I was also reading a lot about Scientology and the batshit craziness that goes on with those people, I probably spent hours upon hours at work reading accounts and watching videos and arguing with people on YouTube about it. Anyway, Leah has been incredibly forthright about her experiences so it makes for an interesting and revealing read.

https://www.reddit.com/r/IAmA/comments/5...ientology/
This post was last modified: 12-01-2016, 12:56 PM by Loki.

“Life is neither good or evil, but only a place for good and evil.”
Marcus Aurelius

"In my opinion, there is a more scientific approach we can take to all hot-button issues. We do this when we stop demonizing the opposing viewpoints or victimizing ourselves, and we acknowledge and account for our own biases and emotions to the best of our ability."
--- Elliott C. Morgan

12-01-2016, 12:17 PM #2
Lisa
Chaplain
I read her book, it was pretty interesting. Wish we could know what happened to 
David Miscavige's wife...though I guess the police are satisfied she's alive and well, with Scientology, that doesn't mean much! 

Marc Headley had a good book on Scientology called Blown for Good. He's lucky to have got out, he and his wife.
This post was last modified: 12-01-2016, 12:18 PM by Lisa.

Beloved, do not believe every spirit, but test the spirits to see whether they are from God, because many false prophets have gone out into the world.  1John 4:1

Be of sober spirit, be on the alert. Your adversary the devil, prowls around like a roaring lion, seeking someone to devour. 1 Peter 5:8
The following 1 user Likes Lisa's post:
  • Loki

12-01-2016, 04:29 PM #3
Loki
Chaplain
(12-01-2016, 12:17 PM)Lisa Wrote:  I read her book, it was pretty interesting. Wish we could know what happened to 
David Miscavige's wife...though I guess the police are satisfied she's alive and well, with Scientology, that doesn't mean much! 

Marc Headley had a good book on Scientology called Blown for Good. He's lucky to have got out, he and his wife.

Shelley Miscavige is certainly a concerning case. I hope she is well, but I have a hard time believing that. Unfortunately there just isn't anything anyone can do. I'd love it if we were able to send like Dog the Bounty Hunter to charge into their compound and bring her and others out over his shoulder so they could get the help they need.

I just watched the first episode of Remini's new documentary show on A&E and lots of it are things I already knew, but the personal accounts and stories from escapees are heartbreaking. One part that particularly got me was Amy Scobee's father. After she escaped with her now-husband they had no money and nowhere to go. Her father told her when she first went away to Sea Org that if she ever needed him she only had to call and he would be there, and he finally got the call 27 years later and immediately went to get his daughter back. Heartbreaking shit.

“Life is neither good or evil, but only a place for good and evil.”
Marcus Aurelius

"In my opinion, there is a more scientific approach we can take to all hot-button issues. We do this when we stop demonizing the opposing viewpoints or victimizing ourselves, and we acknowledge and account for our own biases and emotions to the best of our ability."
--- Elliott C. Morgan

12-01-2016, 04:40 PM #4
Lisa
Chaplain
Shouldn't they have to at least produce Shelly Miscavige for all the world to see? Ya, I wish someone could go get that poor woman out too-too bad Dog won't go get her just because...
But the thing is will she want to be broke out? Is she still brainwashed or has it been so bad that she's seen the light? How can David get away without having to show she's alive and well? I don't get that.

It does sound like escaping their compounds are pretty scary and tricky. They don't just let you leave, you have to be cunning and lucky to leave. Then I guess they will come to get you and take you back! That to me is the most amazing part that they think they have that right.

Or you leave and if you talk about it they send the squirrel (their name for them) squad to bother you forever I guess? Let alone making family members dump you...all in all don't get involved with those jokers cause they aren't joking is what I get out of it all...
This post was last modified: 12-01-2016, 04:43 PM by Lisa.

Beloved, do not believe every spirit, but test the spirits to see whether they are from God, because many false prophets have gone out into the world.  1John 4:1

Be of sober spirit, be on the alert. Your adversary the devil, prowls around like a roaring lion, seeking someone to devour. 1 Peter 5:8
The following 1 user Likes Lisa's post:
  • Loki